Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I thought Soderberg wore a braclet and could not leave without a lot of red tape...Bourque will be on the second float come June with his dad holding up da Cup (but only if they can beat the toughest team in hockey dem Leafs)

Love it!

But I thought Buffalo was now the toughest team in hockey?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Morrow or Clowe would be perfect fits, but I don't know why either the Stars or Sharks would part with them.
agree but we need stars all over the lineup, cap be dammed

I was looking at the Sens Bad News Bears like lineup and thought, wow, even if that team went 42-0 if it was our team we couldn't handle having so many nonstars....we'd atleast have Alfredsson though

Old
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
[/B]
Love it!

But I thought Buffalo was now the toughest team in hockey?
I been reading blurbs around how the Leafs are the baddest boys around, but I'm still trying to do my best Sam Spade and investigate to find out who they are....we play then next week so hopefully they will identify themselves

Old
02-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit

Awards:
I wish I had me some popcorn.

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Old
02-25-2013, 01:29 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Not to jump in and defend Shoe, but what's with the attitude? "If you don't understand that, let me clarify it for you"?

Why the need to be defensive and then be nasty to another poster?

Good thing nobody ever calls you on your many errors and never-happening signings and trades.
Hmmmmm....

Old
02-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Confound
Vindication

Peter Mueller from the Panthers would be someone I hope Chia at least asks about.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Peter Mueller from the Panthers would be someone I hope Chia at least asks about.
Loved his long locks yesterday, havent had a Bruin with long locks since the days of the "Polish Mario Lemieux" (Mariusz Czerkawski*)

Old
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Confound
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Loved his long locks yesterday, havent had a Bruin with long locks since the days of the "Polish Mario Lemieux" (Mariusz Czerkawski*)
Rocking some serious flow right there. No one on the Bruins comes close. Quiader maybe when he was rocking his mullet, too bad he shaved it.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

Quote:
Not to jump in and defend Shoe, but what's with the attitude? "If you don't understand that, let me clarify it for you"? Why the need to be defensive and then be nasty to another poster? Good thing nobody ever calls you on your many errors and never-happening signings and trades.
So when someone says I said something I never said even in a condescending way , I can't defend myself?

First I apologize to you and everyone else that English isn't my first language. Heck, for the majority of my adult life it wasn't even my second language (and I'm probably old enough to be your father - maybe even grandfather).

Second, the only trade that I was adamant about that was going to happen was Marco Sturm to LA. The only signings I was adamant about that were going to happen were Bergeron/Chara extensions, Boychuck extensions and the Campbell extension. Oh and Carter to Columbus

Thirdly, you have to realize that conversations between GM's take place daily. Some get leaked out, the majority don't. And with the vast majority of those conversations, a deal does NOT happen. Of course, there is the rare instance that it does. It doesn't change the fact that those conversations happen. So tell me, what are the never-happening signings and trades that I said were going to happen that didn't? And remember, there is a difference between : "What I think might happen" and what "will happen"

As for Ryan O'Reilly, I never brought the conversation to HF. Never even thought about bringing it here, because I know what it turns into. Someone caught my tweet and brought it over here without actually copying it, but posting what they believe it said, and I corrected it immediately. I even quoted my tweet that said: Ryan O'Reilly said he "would like to one day play for the Bruins" and I have corrected that a few times in this thread.

I have also stated several times that I don't think the deal happens. It doesn't change the fact that 1) he wants to play for the Bruins "one day" and 2) that a conversation between Chia/Sherman took place.

So, now that I have stated my position yet once again, should we file that under "never-happening trades"?

Enjoy the popcorn Wally

Old
02-25-2013, 02:13 PM
BigGoalBrad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Guy puts up 55pts before the age of 22 with a fantastic two way game. He's not holding out, he's an RFA. I'd offer sheet him, 5/25m. Colorado will match, but that keeps him out of the East for a year. I wouldn't be concerned about Colorado offer sheeting our players, chances are if their GM continues on this track he won't be there when the chance comes up anyway.
Am I the only one who thinks Colorado might be a good relocation candidate? QC return?

I like O Rielly. I think he gets a stupid return. If he doesn't we should be in on it.

BUt Hamilton/Marchand are names I laugh at their GM over.

Subban, a 1st, and Kelly or a couple more prospects if Kelly won't waive are what I offer.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:22 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Colorado might be a good relocation candidate? QC return?

I like O Rielly. I think he gets a stupid return. If he doesn't we should be in on it.

BUt Hamilton/Marchand are names I laugh at their GM over.

Subban, a 1st, and Kelly or a couple more prospects if Kelly won't waive are what I offer.
Kelly won't waive, not a valuable piece for the Avalanche if they did. Probable that the Bruins offer would need to be Spooner/Koko, Peverley, Subban/1st. That's spitballing.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Lost Horizons
On the warpath

Knowing the way the chia operates it wouldn't surprise me to see them trade for someone like Parros and move Paille to lw on the 3 line

Paille-Kelly-Peaverly
Thorton-Campbell-Parros

Old
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Schalkenullvier*

well there's no denying that there is a sense of "old boys club" on this board, and a certain tendency to disregard or even mock any opinion or any player that doesn't scream "Bruins hockey". The old members will stick up for each other. I can see why new posters would feel left out.

But that's off topic. I don't want them to trade for O'Reilly. First because I think he will cost significant assets thatgo beyond prospects that don't really hurt to lose like a 1st or Koko. I'd guess they'd ask for Marchand. Number two, because we would have again 15 million + tied up in centers, who would have to play with mediocre wingers. And that's assuming that they want Seguin to stay on the wing for the next 5 years. Bergy and Krejci aren't crosby and Malkin, they can't play with little help from the wings and still produce elite offense. Not to mention there's only so much ice time to give out.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
well there's no denying that there is a sense of "old boys club" on this board, and a certain tendency to disregard or even mock any opinion or any player that doesn't scream "Bruins hockey". The old members will stick up for each other. I can see why new posters would feel left out.

But that's off topic. I don't want them to trade for O'Reilly. First because I think he will cost significant assets thatgo beyond prospects that don't really hurt to lose like a 1st or Koko. I'd guess they'd ask for Marchand. Number two, because we would have again 15 million + tied up in centers, who would have to play with mediocre wingers. And that's assuming that they want Seguin to stay on the wing for the next 5 years. Bergy and Krejci aren't crosby and Malkin, they can't play with little help from the wings and still produce elite offense. Not to mention there's only so much ice time to give out.
I've seen the Marchand thing a couple of times. It doesn't add up at all. Because they're having trouble coming to agreement, they're going to be able to request a player with greater current production, who is older, but signed?

It's a lot like us asking for Perry in the summer of 09 to be honest.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:56 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
His past concussions are a pause for concern, especially when considering Horton is in the same boat. But there's no denying the talent... the kid is a good player who needs to catch a break and get a couple of injury free seasons under his belt to get his career back on the upswing.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I've seen the Marchand thing a couple of times. It doesn't add up at all. Because they're having trouble coming to agreement, they're going to be able to request a player with greater current production, who is older, but signed?

It's a lot like us asking for Perry in the summer of 09 to be honest.
I would guess they value O'Reilly higher than Marchand, but regardless... what do we have to offer in futures, compared to other teams? Ottawa for example could easily offer Zibanejad or Silfverberg, and I think they are higher rated prospects than Koko or Spooner. So we'd have to offer quantity of futures, while others would be able to offer quality. I'd see the avs going for the latter. Thus, if we really wanted him we'd have to offer roster players the way I see it... and Marchand is the only one who makes sense.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Schalkenullvier*

one player that would be more in line of a "small solution" would be Stempniak of the flames, I think I'd rather have him than say Antropov. He's signed one more year at 2.5m though, so who knows if they wanna make that commitment.

Old
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Lost Horizons
On the warpath

Anyone down for a package deal of Smyth+Whitney for Caron or Sauve +?

Old
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Quaider*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
So when someone says I said something I never said even in a condescending way , I can't defend myself?

First I apologize to you and everyone else that English isn't my first language. Heck, for the majority of my adult life it wasn't even my second language (and I'm probably old enough to be your father - maybe even grandfather).

Second, the only trade that I was adamant about that was going to happen was Marco Sturm to LA. The only signings I was adamant about that were going to happen were Bergeron/Chara extensions, Boychuck extensions and the Campbell extension. Oh and Carter to Columbus

Thirdly, you have to realize that conversations between GM's take place daily. Some get leaked out, the majority don't. And with the vast majority of those conversations, a deal does NOT happen. Of course, there is the rare instance that it does. It doesn't change the fact that those conversations happen. So tell me, what are the never-happening signings and trades that I said were going to happen that didn't? And remember, there is a difference between : "What I think might happen" and what "will happen"

As for Ryan O'Reilly, I never brought the conversation to HF. Never even thought about bringing it here, because I know what it turns into. Someone caught my tweet and brought it over here without actually copying it, but posting what they believe it said, and I corrected it immediately. I even quoted my tweet that said: Ryan O'Reilly said he "would like to one day play for the Bruins" and I have corrected that a few times in this thread.

I have also stated several times that I don't think the deal happens. It doesn't change the fact that 1) he wants to play for the Bruins "one day" and 2) that a conversation between Chia/Sherman took place.

So, now that I have stated my position yet once again, should we file that under "never-happening trades"?

Enjoy the popcorn Wally
No big deal. It just seems like some posters are fair game when it comes to slinging insults and others, for some reason, are untouchable. No need to disrespect anyone whether it be Shoe or anyone else. All I got to say.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:16 PM
BigGoalBrad*

Quote:
No big deal. It just seems like some posters are fair game when it comes to slinging insults and others, for some reason, are untouchable. No need to disrespect anyone whether it be Shoe or anyone else. All I got to say.
Give it up dude.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Quaider*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
And we wonder why the quality posters disappear. Shoe jumped all over him first, so lose the agenda and follow along....

And Dom basically gets his info from people that would be on the front lines of any talks or negotiations....I'm talking head scouts and assistant GM's...and a GM or two..I'm sure he won't bother to share that now...thanks!

What's with the thin skin all of a sudden?
Share all he wants there was no need to go off on anyone.

The fact that someones join date dictates what they can and can't say is truly laughable. That Shoe joined four years before OOG makes it even more of a joke. I checked the list of rules and I couldn't find where it says "Poster who joined before X date is allowed to belittle poster who joined after X date."

Old
02-25-2013, 04:24 PM
BigGoalBrad*

Quote:
Share all he wants there was no need to go off on anyone.

The fact that someones join date dictates what they can and can't say is truly laughable. That Shoe joined four years before OOG makes it even more of a joke. I checked the list of rules and I couldn't find where it says "Poster who joined before X date is allowed to belittle poster who joined after X date."

You're a recent one with a third to half your posts falling into the trolling territory. Most people don't know if you are being serious. How can they if you are picking this argument?

I have had unpopular opinions and disagreements with most of the posters on the forum and I sort of think you are trolling right now.

I'd cut it out because while I don't care and have anything better to do than respond to you some of the more knowledgeable people may feel different.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
PJ StockBB

still dreaming of one of the McGinn brothers for the third line....i got all excited when i heard PC was talking to the flyers, love the McGinn brothers and i think Tye is gonna be a player. maybe throw in Rinaldo too...

more realistically, Morrow would be a good fit, as would Clowe. with Clowe's slow start, scoring wise, maybe he becomes available? i feel like any playoff team would want him, might be pricey.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Quaider*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
still dreaming of one of the McGinn brothers for the third line....i got all excited when i heard PC was talking to the flyers, love the McGinn brothers and i think Tye is gonna be a player. maybe throw in Rinaldo too...

more realistically, Morrow would be a good fit, as would Clowe. with Clowe's slow start, scoring wise, maybe he becomes available? i feel like any playoff team would want him, might be pricey.
Clowe would be the best 3rd line fit, imo.

We seriously have lost our bite on the fourth line and I'd like to think Chiarelli talking to Philly means he's looking to address that situation.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Clowe is going no where and has already gone bonkers twice this year I believe. I like him but I do not want.

This team needs help scoring and another big body

Closed Thread