Third Line LW, who to go after?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 08:30 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Take it easy. Don't have to talk down to posters. All I know is that the Bs are the team that gets rid of players that hold out and act spoiled(Kessel, Razor). Don't see any chance of RoR coming here.
Kessel wouldn`t play Bruin hockey, and the old hold out stuff belongs with the previous Bruins Mngt, since Chia`s arrival, it`s the opposite, he`s constantly re-signing players, and they willingly continue to re-sign without ANY behind the scene rumblings or threats of holding out

Old
02-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
But it's already been said.. Marchand's negotiation actually went on longer than ROR's. Did any of us call Marchand spoiled?

He and his agent weren't allowed to negotiate during the lockout. Is O'reilly supposed to rush this aspect of the business simply because the games are being played right now?

I'm not exactly a player sympathizer but he shouldn't be forced into a lesser contract just because the games have started already.
Who cares if Marchand's went on longer? They didn't affect his season or his team's season. Totally different scenario. RoR is acting spoiled.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:35 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Who cares if Marchand's went on longer? They didn't affect his season or his team's season. Totally different scenario. RoR is acting spoiled.
Well I completely disagree.

There's absolutely no reason why O'Reilly should be forced to rush his own contract negotiation just because his team is playing right now. No reason whatsoever.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
This might not be popular but...

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-O'Reilly-Seguin
Kelly-Bergeron-Peverley

Get those duck boats ready.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Kessel wouldn`t play Bruin hockey, and the old hold out stuff belongs with the previous Bruins Mngt, since Chia`s arrival, it`s the opposite, he`s constantly re-signing players, and they willingly continue to re-sign without ANY behind the scene rumblings or threats of holding out
I agree that there were more situations in the Sinden era, but Kessel and Marchand to an extent were in the Chia era. Can't discount one situation because he didn't play Bruin hockey lol. Anyways, my point was that the Bs don't seek out hold outs to sign.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:39 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
This might not be popular but...

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-O'Reilly-Seguin
Kelly-Bergeron-Peverley

Get those duck boats ready.
Why wouldn`t it be Morris?? I`d take er, and I think we all know that Bergy would never look at a 3rd line position as a demotion, in fact, I`d argue, in a perfect world, with the depth with a lineup like that, it`s the best place for him.

He`d still get a ton of ice time, and that 3rd line would have alot of ice open for them as other teams consistently try to figure out how to stop the 1st and 2nd, question is, what`s the price for an ROR and can he play 2nd fiddle?

Old
02-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Well I completely disagree.

There's absolutely no reason why O'Reilly should be forced to rush his own contract negotiation just because his team is playing right now. No reason whatsoever.
So it doesn't matter that the rest of the team is trying to make the playoffs while he holds out for more money? Just sign a one year contract and get on with it.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I agree that there were more situations in the Sinden era, but Kessel and Marchand to an extent were in the Chia era. Can't discount one situation because he didn't play Bruin hockey lol. Anyways, my point was that the Bs don't seek out hold outs to sign.
Huge difference in that Marchand signing was BM was consistently and constantly speaking openly to the media expressing that his 100% intention was to sign on board

Outside of some here who went into full blown panic during this brief period, I`ll wager most whom have followed this game knew this was going to get done, and with no side effects. Again, Kessel was during the Chia time however, during Kessel`s time here, frequent reports about various players verbally unhappy about his work ethic and it wasn`t one bit surprising he found his way out the door. It was a great message from Chia, "this is the way we play, if you choose not to play it, see ya"

Old
02-23-2013, 08:51 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Inaccurate is a player who scores 18 goals and thinks he should be getting upwards of 4.5 million.How long OReilly been in NHL anyways? What happens on a better team like Boston he gets 25? Then he will want Crosby money then I imagine.I say no thanks,I can smell the trouble with him not to mention probably cost ALOT to bring in the trouble.
I watched a weird hockey game yesterday. There was stuff that happened and people making contributions in between goals. It was nuts.

You sound like one of those guys who calls into radioshows.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:54 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I watched a weird hockey game yesterday. There was stuff that happened and people making contributions in between goals. It was nuts.

You sound like one of those guys who calls into radioshows.
Why does it seem on these shows the standard first line is

"first time caller, long time listener"???

The hosts of these shows must be so tired of that line

Old
02-23-2013, 09:10 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Why does it seem on these shows the standard first line is

"first time caller, long time listener"???

The hosts of these shows must be so tired of that line
Hahah no kidding! "Thanks guys love the show! First time caller long time listener. How would the Bruins ever replace Shawn Thornton?, he's da best! Also...I cant believe the B's would consider giving up Kelly for a guy who didnt even win the Stanley Cup in 2011."

Old
02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
It's not a case of finding a team that would take him, it's convincing him to leave a Cup favorite team in order to give said team cap space. I don't know if he has a limited NTC or a full on NTC (capgeek just says: NTC). It's certainly not impossible to move him.. it would just be a bit more difficult.
I agree, I think the return on him will suck for that reason. Much like Morris. But I think he can be moved, whether it be for a 7th to a team he'd want to go to (and it's not like Ottawa next season will be awful) or bought out. Again this is worst case scenario before the Crest Kelly defenders jump in and ask if I really think he deserves to be bought out. In which case I'd answer it doesn't matter to me if we've brought in O'Reilly, signed Horton and traded for Carlson.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:53 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Not sure what your problem is with Kelly but know this.He plays hard can skate and is a HUGE reason Bruins have best PK right now in NHL.Rememebr that huge goal he had vs habs when they won cup? OReilly is a self absorbed brat who thinks he should get millions for 18 goals.Sure upset the whole team by trading Kelly to bring in a brat. I am pretty sure Kelly is well liked by the players in Boston,they know he plays hard,Sooner or later some pucks will go in ,but really his job is be a shutdown guy.Good teams need players like him to win.
He's a huge reason for the PK, just behind Rask, Chara, and Seidenberg, and even with Bergeron, Marchand, Paille, and Campbell. Huh-Yuge.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
He's a huge reason for the PK, just behind Rask, Chara, and Seidenberg, and even with Bergeron, Marchand, Paille, and Campbell. Huh-Yuge.
nevermind

Old
02-23-2013, 10:25 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
I know, ex-Hab, current Canuck, but I think I'd like to see Chris Higgins on our left wing.

Flame away!
Wouldn't mind him. Plus he's cheap and an UFA at years end. I would even consider signing him to an extention at the same price.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Shaun
best poster alive

Is the injury he aggravated in the KHL healed yet? I can't find anything.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Easye3288

Michael Ryder

Old
02-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Hazi

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley
Kelly-Seguin-Bourque
Merlot Line

Bourque looked good on the off wing that game he played there, the Bergeron line gets someone that will actually fight in the corners, and I think it's time to let Seguin loose and have him play Center.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Wow.

Mod or not....if you have no idea what you are talking about, then maybe it shouldn't be said ?

Kelly's best year was last year (only 20 goal season) and 39 points. RoR's was last year 18 goals (only 2 fewer) and 55 points. Kelly will be 32, RoR just turned 22.

RoR brings just as much in the dressing room and leadership wise as Kelly does. If Kelly is worth 3 per the RoR is worth 4 per. Which one do you want locked up?
How many players do we want locked up at contracts holding 3 mil or more? Our top lines are loaded with 'em. Assuming that he's going to increase is nice, and you know what? he probably will be a close to 30 goal scorer. I'm not arguing Kelly vs O'Reilly, but even what the asking price is going to be will increase our cap level regardless if you swapped out Kelly for him. With a restricted cap next year, you really want to look at our forward core and say we want another 4 mil a year player is asanine.

As for the question in terms of leadership, a big thing about him was that he was asking for the captaincy. They were speaking about in the back hand shelf and marek vs. wyshinski podcasts. apparently it was part of the hold up. It's been a widely publicized as part of the talks. If you have to ask for it, you definitely don't deserve it. Landeskog was the right move and a much better player than O'Reilly.

Maybe you want to do a bit of research first. There's been alot of drama surrounding the O'Reilly deal and a large part of it is coming from him. I swear that the reason most people want him is he scores dirty goals, a solid two way player, and his last name's O'Reilly. It's not worth it and with the amount of teams out there that will look to offer sheet him, it makes no sense.

Last edited by Cory Trevor: 02-23-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 07:16 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Maybe you want to do a bit of research first. There's been alot of drama surrounding the O'Reilly deal and a large part of it is coming from him.
I think you should PM with Dom about what research he has done and why he has the perspective he does.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Inaccurate is a player who scores 18 goals and thinks he should be getting upwards of 4.5 million.How long OReilly been in NHL anyways? What happens on a better team like Boston he gets 25? Then he will want Crosby money then I imagine.I say no thanks,I can smell the trouble with him not to mention probably cost ALOT to bring in the trouble.
Do you understand that there is more to hockey then scoring goals?

Old
02-23-2013, 07:19 PM
WBC8

I like Kelly, but are we really choosing him over ROR ? Even at 2 more mil per year, O'Reilly is easily the better player now and ten years from now..

No offense, but I'll take a guys word for it who actually talks too and see ROR quite often ... I'll give the player the benefit of the doubt, especially when someone I respect so much vouches for his character.

I never understood categorizing players as selfish when they are looking to be paid. WHo the **** are we to tell him "take the one year deal and get out there"? Seriously?

You guys do know we had the 3rd best PK in the league the year before Kelly got here right? Was 16th in 10-11. 11th last season.

ROR easily replaces Kelly on the PK and brings tons more 5 on 5 and would have finished 2nd on the B's in PP scoring...

It's a no brainer.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
How many players do we want locked up at contracts holding 3 mil or more? Our top lines are loaded with 'em. Assuming that he's going to increase is nice, and you know what? he probably will be a close to 30 goal scorer. I'm not arguing Kelly vs O'Reilly, but even what the asking price is going to be will increase our cap level regardless if you swapped out Kelly for him. With a restricted cap next year, you really want to look at our forward core and say we want another 4 mil a year player is asanine.

As for the question in terms of leadership, a big thing about him was that he was asking for the captaincy. They were speaking about in the back hand shelf and marek vs. wyshinski podcasts. apparently it was part of the hold up. It's been a widely publicized as part of the talks. If you have to ask for it, you definitely don't deserve it. Landeskog was the right move and a much better player than O'Reilly.

Maybe you want to do a bit of research first. There's been alot of drama surrounding the O'Reilly deal and a large part of it is coming from him. I swear that the reason most people want him is he scores dirty goals, a solid two way player, and his last name's O'Reilly. It's not worth it and with the amount of teams out there that will look to offer sheet him, it makes no sense.
Zdeno Chara says hello

Old
02-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
I think you should PM with Dom about what research he has done and why he has the perspective he does.

Well I was just stating my point to a larger audience and wanted to see what everyone thought of him because personally I don't get the hype.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:25 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Not sure what your problem is with Kelly but know this.He plays hard can skate and is a HUGE reason Bruins have best PK right now in NHL.Rememebr that huge goal he had vs habs when they won cup? OReilly is a self absorbed brat who thinks he should get millions for 18 goals.Sure upset the whole team by trading Kelly to bring in a brat. I am pretty sure Kelly is well liked by the players in Boston,they know he plays hard,Sooner or later some pucks will go in ,but really his job is be a shutdown guy.Good teams need players like him to win.
"Self absorbed brat?" Seriously? You know him? You think he shouldn't do what's best for him long term?

Chris Kelly is nowhere near the player Ryan O'Reilly is. Nowhere. O'Reilly is also a lot more respected then you think, but it doesn't matter. I really like Kelly, but don't **** all over ROR when you and not many others know what the deal is...

And if you really don't think ROR plays hard, I don't know what to tell you.

Closed Thread