HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 07:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Wow Segal just got robbed.

Edit: No Kreider on the 1st PP unit for any of these 3 power plays.
Well played with the new avatar, my friend. Well played.

(Has Bob Richards commented on it yet?)

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 03-16-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

THIRD PERIOD

Thomas sighting. He's been non-existent for a couple of games now.

McIlrath coughs up the puck trying to stickhandle it in his own zone.

Pyett with a big hit, but it was clean and legal, and then he was attacked by Stewart for it, and he refused to participate, which caused a PP. Great veteran moves there.

Thomas with a nice play forcing a turnover near the M&M goalie.

McIlrath and Klassen are together, hitting like they are out to commit murder, but McIlrath also just had another turnover. Two this game already, not good.

Penalty on Jean with 5:15 left.

Noob had a shorthanded breakaway, got stopped, Kreider got the rebound, but it was more a jam attempt because the puck didn't move a lot.

Collins playing quality hockey. I've killed him the whole season, but he's play ok now. Him and Vernace are just not a good pair together, but with others they are both playing better.

Another big save by Mission.

Jean created a scoring chance coming out of the penalty box, Ferriero almost got a rebound, but was tripped up, leading to a PP with under 3 minutes to go.

Slash on the Mash cancelled out the last 52 seconds of the PP, and then the M&Ms will have a PP for the rest of the game.

Glove save by the Mission with a second to go to put a cap on his shut out!

Last edited by Beacon: 03-16-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

THREE STARS

1. The Mission: My trust in him to start the game was justified. Not only did he have a shut out, he even managed to get an assist on a very good pass. He's 4-0-1 in his last 5.

2. Kreider: Pretty goal, plus several more chances. He played the kind of north-south game that makes him very effective.

3. Bourque: I gave this to him because it's his first game from the injury and he worked really hard, creating good opportunities.

Honorable Mention: Vernace - got an assist, moved the puck well, solid defense and was the only player on the team who was +2.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Well played with the new avatar, my friend. Well played.

(Has Bob Richards commented on it yet?)
Yeah he did, thanks.

03-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
THREE STARS

1. The Mission: My trust in him to start the game was justified. Not only did he have a shut out, he even managed to get an assist on a very good pass. He's 4-0-1 in his last 5.

2. Kreider: Pretty goal, plus several more chances. He played the kind of north-south game that makes him very effective.

3. Bourque: I gave this to him because it's his first game from the injury and he worked really hard, creating good opportunities.

Honorable Mention: Vernace - got an assist, moved the puck well, solid defense and was the only player on the team who was +2.
He really has put it together lately. Wonder what lit a fire under his ass

Old
03-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Colton Yellow Horn (LW)
Manchester Monarchs

Old
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Colton Yellow Horn (LW)
Manchester Monarchs
Er... why did you post this player's name? Is there something we don't know that you do?

Old
03-16-2013, 11:49 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Er... why did you post this player's name? Is there something we don't know that you do?
It's a pretty cool name.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
It's a pretty cool name.
Exactly this. Coolest name in sports.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
WHALE GOAL: @ChrisKreider scores his 2nd of the weekend to tie the game at 1
https://twitter.com/CTWhale/status/313367125593038848

6 goals in 8 games

Old
03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
ck20

Borque scored as well to put the Whale up 2-1 at the end of the 1st.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Svenhart2008

Parlett scores his 5th off the season from Tessier to put the Whale up 3-1. We're in the 2nd intermission.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You've got to bring him up and let him play. I would sit Pyatt.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

I wouldn't call up Kreider while the team is going through this morass. He is not the savior. No need to put pressure on the kid. He needs more time in the AHL anyway. When the team regains its footing, then bring him up.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

I think Kreider is better served finishing the year in the A getting top line minutes. Let him come to camp next year with renewed confidence. Torts yo-yos the lines so much, even if Kreider starts in a top 6 role, once we get in a tight game (which is every game) Torts will play the guys he trusts. We will be fighting for a PO spot snd all the games matter, Kreider will be glued to the bench too often.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
I think Kreider is better served finishing the year in the A getting top line minutes. Let him come to camp next year with renewed confidence. Torts yo-yos the lines so much, even if Kreider starts in a top 6 role, once we get in a tight game (which is every game) Torts will play the guys he trusts. We will be fighting for a PO spot snd all the games matter, Kreider will be glued to the bench too often.
^ this
NYR of this year is no environment for development . Short season , short tempered coach with a short leash and short bench , short on talent bottom 6 with top paid players all falling short of their projected points and impact . In short CK and the NYR fans are getting the short end of the stick with this underperforming group short on balls and effort .

Old
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Ail
k.

Yes, keep him in the AHL. Do not drag him back in to the black hole. He's clearly playing well down there.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
^ this
NYR of this year is no environment for development . Short season , short tempered coach with a short leash and short bench , short on talent bottom 6 with top paid players all falling short of their projected points and impact . In short CK and the NYR fans are getting the short end of the stick with this underperforming group short on balls and effort .
You are a poet, my friend, this and reading what Ailurophile put in his signature above.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
You're 100% correct with your assessment.
Kreider is definitely better off staying in Hartford, playing regularly and hopefully continue to produce and build his confidence

Old
03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Dorado*

Love for Ck to continue to play hard down there and come close to potting 20 . Considering he doubled his production basically in two weeks it's possible . This dysfunction is no place for him . I bet he's sad he signed with us and didn't wait and go UFA . If he was on a team that had balanced scoring and their superstars were performing his play would be far less scrutinized and his mistakes less glaring . Look at Saad in Chi he isn't necessarily any better than CK but he is in a winning environment and they have the luxury of getting mixed results from him .
This team really is a quagmire of despair and dysfunction . It starts with Dolan , leeches down to Slats and comes right out of Torts behind onto the team and showers down about the hard core fans . I really feel like this team is the bad old days teams of all the low effort no gas in the tank left stiffs of the past 35 years

Old
03-17-2013, 07:39 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Love for Ck to continue to play hard down there and come close to potting 20 . Considering he doubled his production basically in two weeks it's possible . This dysfunction is no place for him . I bet he's sad he signed with us and didn't wait and go UFA . If he was on a team that had balanced scoring and their superstars were performing his play would be far less scrutinized and his mistakes less glaring . Look at Saad in Chi he isn't necessarily any better than CK but he is in a winning environment and they have the luxury of getting mixed results from him .
This team really is a quagmire of despair and dysfunction . It starts with Dolan , leeches down to Slats and comes right out of Torts behind onto the team and showers down about the hard core fans . I really feel like this team is the bad old days teams of all the low effort no gas in the tank left stiffs of the past 35 years
I agree.

Last edited by NYRangers723: 03-17-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 07:53 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Ok this is beginning to get melodramatic. Torts isn't gonna pressure Slats to trade Kreider

Old
03-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Dorado*

I could see CK wanting to be traded however . Who would wanna play in the NYR dump grind jam block offensive black hole of an offense. The team has struggled to score goals for years now . When is enough enough

Old
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Graves94

Quote:
I could see CK wanting to be traded however . Who would wanna play in the NYR dump grind jam block offensive black hole of an offense. The team has struggled to score goals for years now . When is enough enough
Don't know about CK wanting to get traded, but agree on the lack of scoring for the past 20 yrs...As a fan, i'm sick of watching this team try to score consistently more than 2 goals a game. God forbid we fall behind by a goal...

Old
03-17-2013, 08:13 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Don't know about CK wanting to get traded, but agree on the lack of scoring for the past 20 yrs...As a fan, i'm sick of watching this team try to score consistently more than 2 goals a game. God forbid we fall behind by a goal...
I agree but ts been worse since Torts has been here. He doest understand that its not 2004 anymore. In order to win you have to be aggressive on offense. Tha rangers have offensive weapons but they need to be able to use their strengths instead of concentrating solely on his stupid system

Closed Thread