HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Simon Gagne to PIT

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
titjirinet

vCash: 500
Simon Gagne to PIT

What do you think?

I think he could be useful although we all know he's not going to be back to a 30 or 40 goal pace.

He's a good 2 way player, can probably still score goals with guys like Crosby and Malkin, the pens have enough cap space to land him and his value is probably very low, there is no need to trade all the prospects. His contract ends this summer so if it doesn't work you let him go on july 1st!

Do you think it could work? what would it take to land him?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:07 PM
DoctrSteveBrule

no thanks

Old
02-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
We've been over this one before...no interest from Pittsburgh for any price that would make trading him worthwhile for LA.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
02-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Shellz

We will take Orpik seriously though, would love him on the Kings

Old
02-25-2013, 10:16 PM
JayRosehillMVP
snubbed again

nooooooooooooooo you can't have him.
That'd kill me....

Old
02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
We've been over this one before...no interest from Pittsburgh for any price that would make trading him worthwhile for LA.
Agree with this. I'd surely take a chance on him only at the expense of a late pick or non impact player, but would LA do it for such little return?. FA or not the chances of him staying healthy just seem nil.

On a sidenote, how is it that some players are injury prone? Happens in every sport. Is it training or just horrible luck?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
Agree with this. I'd surely take a chance on him only at the expense of a late pick or non impact player, but would LA do it for such little return?. FA or not the chances of him staying healthy just seem nil.

On a sidenote, how is it that some players are injury prone? Happens in every sport. Is it training or just horrible luck?
Well I'm no superstar but I tore my ACL once and it was due to imbalanced training, and I've seen one injury like that hinder people no matter how hard you try to rehabilitate it. However in the cases of guys like Rick DiPietro or Pascal Leclaire, I think its just horrible luck combined with a certain recklessness.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:40 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by titjirinet View Post
What do you think?

I think he could be useful although we all know he's not going to be back to a 30 or 40 goal pace.

He's a good 2 way player, can probably still score goals with guys like Crosby and Malkin, the pens have enough cap space to land him and his value is probably very low, there is no need to trade all the prospects. His contract ends this summer so if it doesn't work you let him go on july 1st!

My answer is the same as it was last week when this idea was posted - Pittsburgh PASSES on him.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:50 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by titjirinet View Post
What do you think?

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing him on the pens, shero loves two way players and crosby could use a guy like him on his line so if you kunitz down to malkins line something like this...

gagne-crosby-dupuis
kunitz-malkin-neal

this would be a nice top six, im not saying yea they should get him but if LA continues to lose and theres no body that the pens could get i would prolly throw a 5th or higher pick to get him, i mean if the pens threw a 7th round pick to get kovy then im sure they would do the same with a guy like gagne

Old
02-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Wizeman*

How about

Simone Gagne to the waiver wire .

Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
I honestly wouldnt mind seeing him on the pens, shero loves two way players and crosby could use a guy like him on his line so if you kunitz down to malkins line something like this...

gagne-crosby-dupuis
kunitz-malkin-neal

this would be a nice top six, im not saying yea they should get him but if LA continues to lose and theres no body that the pens could get i would prolly throw a 5th or higher pick to get him, i mean if the pens threw a 7th round pick to get kovy then im sure they would do the same with a guy like gagne
My exact thoughts. If he took a chance on Kovy, he don't mind taking a chance on someone else as long as the price is relatively nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
How about

Simone Gagne to the waiver wire .
Don't see it happening. If they aren't getting anything on a player that'll be a FA, they might as well keep him.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
We will take Orpik seriously though, would love him on the Kings
And we'd love Dustin Brown on the Penguins but neither is going anywhere.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:27 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post

gagne-crosby-dupuis
kunitz-malkin-neal

What? they're 7-3 in their last 10..

Old
02-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

I admit that its been a long time since I saw Gagne..... the Gagne I remember from Philly was awesome... the one I remember from Tampa would be very serviceable on the Pens.

What's the deal? Can't skate like he did? Or is it his previously high compete/battle level that has taken a post-concussion nose dive?

Old
02-26-2013, 02:09 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
I admit that its been a long time since I saw Gagne..... the Gagne I remember from Philly was awesome... the one I remember from Tampa would be very serviceable on the Pens.

What's the deal? Can't skate like he did? Or is it his previously high compete/battle level that has taken a post-concussion nose dive?
No he can still skate, it just seems Sutter doesn't like his style with the Kings, right now Penner is taking advantage of his playing time and making the best of it, I like Gagne and would like to see him with Richards and Carter, but I'm not the coach.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Ugene Malkin
Drank from the Cup

A 3rd rounder would seem like the best I'd see from a Pens point of view. For the chance he rediscovers his health and play.

Purely a depth move at the deadline after they've secured their main piece hopefully a lot sooner.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Thats ur opinion, not a fact. If the price is right there is no reason why the pens wouldnt be interested. Vet, great shot, knows the defensive game.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:28 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
A 3rd rounder would seem like the best I'd see from a Pens point of view. For the chance he rediscovers his health and play.

Purely a depth move at the deadline after they've secured their main piece hopefully a lot sooner.
Gagne has been healthy all year. The off season surgery has left him feeling the best hes felt in years. The surgry has relived the pressure on his neck and hes sleeping better feeling more rested. The times hes sat have been healthy scratches. D sutter has been playing the hotter hand all year and simply put Gagne hasnt been hot Penner has out played him especially of late. There are some kings fan saying he hasnt had a fair shot To be fair hes bounced up and down the lineup and really hasnt played bad just not good enuff.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:31 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post

I am sure Gagne is not happy with his current situation, but I am wondering why the Kings should trade him for a small return when every team is one injury away from needing a guy like Simone Gagne.

Now if a team that is banged up wants to give something of worth to the Kings, that's a different story.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I am sure Gagne is not happy with his current situation, but I am wondering why the Kings should trade him for a small return when every team is one injury away from needing a guy like Simone Gagne.

Now if a team that is banged up wants to give something of worth to the Kings, that's a different story.
I agree, I don't think it will be a small return for Gagne, but I don't think it will be a great one for the Kings either. I can see a 2nd or 3rd rounder being traded for Gagne. They could choose to hold onto him, but if they don't think he'll re-sign, take the asset.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:44 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I agree, I don't think it will be a small return for Gagne, but I don't think it will be a great one for the Kings either. I can see a 2nd or 3rd rounder being traded for Gagne. They could choose to hold onto him, but if they don't think he'll re-sign, take the asset.
If a 2nd was offered im sure dean would pull the trigger. He drafts really well in that round.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
IMO, if you make him a target, you don't give anything more than a third rounder. He isn't the same cat he was in Philly; he is a pending UFA; his numbers are on the decline, and he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy. Add in the fact he doesn't fit into LA's plans moving forward, you don't have a recipe for getting a nice return.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
IMO, if you make him a target, you don't give anything more than a third rounder. He isn't the same cat he was in Philly; he is a pending UFA; his numbers are on the decline, and he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy. Add in the fact he doesn't fit into LA's plans moving forward, you don't have a recipe for getting a nice return.
I just wanted to point out that he is healthy this year. Off season neck surgry has done wonders for him. He is quoted as saying hes in the best shape his been in years. The off season surgry has relived pressure on his neck and is sleeping the best he has in years. He is a healthy scratch for sure. As for him in the future im not so sure hes not in the plans at all. If penner decided to leave the same with richardson I could see gagne signed as 13th forward with a chance of him making the team as 3rw He is strong enuff defensively to make that spot. It will all depend on cash available.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post

The disparity between the Gagne in Tampa and the Gagne in LA is comparable to the disparity between the Gagne in Philly and the Gagne in Tampa.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:30 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I just wanted to point out that he is healthy this year. Off season neck surgry has done wonders for him. He is quoted as saying hes in the best shape his been in years. The off season surgry has relived pressure on his neck and is sleeping the best he has in years. He is a healthy scratch for sure. As for him in the future im not so sure hes not in the plans at all. If penner decided to leave the same with richardson I could see gagne signed as 13th forward with a chance of him making the team as 3rw He is strong enuff defensively to make that spot. It will all depend on cash available.
Healthy this year doesn't do it for me 19 games into the season, or what 17 for you. He has been a train wreck for the last three years injury wise. So, is all the sudden Pierre Mark Bouchard in Minnesota healthy after only playing like 97 games the last three years, or Ales Hemsky?

Closed Thread