HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan Mursak clears waivers

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
This is a terrible decision at least 3 to 4 other players they should have waived or traded before doing this. Now that might be because I am high on Mursak, but they should have at the very least waived Miller or Eaves first.
Eaves I'd be fine with. Man I really hope this type of logjam doesnt happen next year. Here's hoping we use our amnesty buyouts on Sammy and Bert so we can be aggressive on the retooling through FA

Old
02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Acting condescending doesn't make you right you know. I can say "oh boy" and put dumb smiley faces too, but it really adds nothing. Right now you have no proof to support your claim. Neither do I, but he is certainly trending in the direction that favors mine. Dude wasn't even a legit second liner in the AHL, I swear some of you people are so blinded by quickness
Really?

First FULL season in GRG: 79GP 42 pts ; 2nd season 54 GP 35 Pts

how is that not a legit 2nd liner? Whats your criteria for a LEGIT 2nd liner? Define Legit while your at it too..

Quote:
you probably though Brett Lebda was an all-star.
Really dude? Based on my Jan Mursaks comments? Now whose being condescending now? WOW :

Quote:
Dude was not physically strong enough to play in the NHL, and unless Chelios goes back to supplying our players with some Deca and Anavar cycles in the offseason, that isn't going to change much. Is he as good as some of our 4th liners? He certainly has the potential to be, but most European bottom 6ers can get more money and playing time playing over seas.
If this were the case, he would have left a few years back. It happens and there are NUMEROUS examples of Euro Players doing so.

Have a nice day!!

Last edited by Huddy*: 02-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
He's gonna score 15 on some teams bottom 6.
You have to stay healthy and in the lineup to score. Mursak is made of glass. This move proves that Babcock and Holland want to keep Tatar in the NHL, they could have sent Tatar down to the Griffins to keep Mursak.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddy View Post
and what makes you right, ROFLMAO @ you
You're new to this whole knowing how to read thing, arent you shortstop. Don't worry keep trying and you'll get it down in a few years

Old
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
You're new to this whole knowing how to read thing, arent you shortstop. Don't worry keep trying and you'll get it down in a few years
already got 2+ on you..other way around buddy

Old
02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Eaves I'd be fine with. Man I really hope this type of logjam doesnt happen next year. Here's hoping we use our amnesty buyouts on Sammy and Bert so we can be aggressive on the retooling through FA
Hold on wait a minute...

I said waive Miller/Eaves/Cleary before you waive Mursak, and you flammed my response...

Looks like someone is changing their mind..

Old
02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
Not sure I buy that. Eaves is coming off a concussion that sidelined him for over a year and has twice the cap hit of Mursak.

Seems like he would be the least attractive waiver bait.
I think it's a decent possibility Eaves wouldn't get claimed either, but he was a go-to PK'er before injury and a proven bottom line player capable of potting some goals.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
This move proves that Babcock and Holland want to keep Tatar in the NHL, they could have sent Tatar down to the Griffins to keep Mursak.
Very siccinct and accurate.

If he is claimed... proof that other teams have been waiting for Mursak to be waived. And think he can add to their NHL team one day.

If he is NOT claimed... proof that there are no scouts who think Mursak is any better than an equivalent player they have on their own farm team. (i.e. likely provides no value to their NHL team now or in the future)

Old
02-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
Very siccinct and accurate.

If he is claimed... proof that other teams have been waiting for Mursak to be waived. And think he can add to their NHL team one day.

If he is NOT claimed... proof that there are no scouts who think Mursak is any better than an equivalent player they have on their own farm team. (i.e. likely provides no value to their NHL team now or in the future)
Or....this move was so out of left field, no team actually scouted the guy and the RW may get lucky that no one claims him..if that does happen, side bets majority of you will say:

Quote:
no one claimed him!!!!!, i was right we should have done this, blah blah blah

On other note, here are a list of teams that I think will claim Mursak:

1. LA Kings
2. CBJ
3. STL
4. NYR

Old
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:

If this were the case, he would have left a few years back. It happens and there are NUMEROUS examples of Euro Players doing so.

Have a nice day!!
You know this how? Most players like to at least give it a try and earn a few 800k paydays before no GM is blinded by their potential anymore.

Very few players quit before their time to get contracts has expired.

Quote:
Hold on wait a minute...

I said waive Miller/Eaves/Cleary before you waive Mursak, and you flammed my response...

Looks like someone is changing their mind..
No. Once agian, you just can't read.

I don't consider losing any of them a big deal.

Saying Mursak isn't going to be much in the NHL =/= wanting to keep the other ones.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Or....this move was so out of left field, no team actually scouted the guy and the RW may get lucky that no one claims him.
Is it just me, but I assume most scouts know every team's players and AHL players inside out. Just for the fact that they really want to know who to ask for in trades etc? Seems like this is the bulk of their job. You could be right of course. I don't know

Old
02-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
You know this how? Most players like to at least give it a try and earn a few 800k paydays before no GM is blinded by their potential anymore.

Very few players quit before their time to get contracts has expired.
A few 3rd line NHL players who left to play in Euro leaving their NHL contracts on table:

Patrick Thoresen
Dan Fritsche
Joakim Lindstrom
Vladimir Sobotka

Old
02-22-2013, 02:30 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
A few 3rd line NHL players who left to play in Euro leaving their NHL contracts on table:

Patrick Thoresen
Dan Fritsche
Joakim Lindstrom
Vladimir Sobotka
1) Exceptions exist for almost everythng
2)Right now you're even proving my point, you realize that right?

Look, it's clear whatever I'm saying is getting lost on you and getting confused with what you are imagining in your head I am saying. I was simply stating that Mursak most probably will not be a consistent NHL player in 5 years. You obviously think this is ludicrous despite a ridiculous amount of evidence to the contrary. If you really feel this strongly PM me your paypal information. If you are right and Mursak plays 350+ games in the next 5 years with 140ish points, Ill paypal you $100. You don't have to give me anything if (when) you're wrong.

PM me if you want to do it. I'll have to make sure you at first understand what we're actually betting on though since reading comprehension is clearly not your strong point.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-22-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
Is it just me, but I assume most scouts know every team's players and AHL players inside out. Just for the fact that they really want to know who to ask for in trades etc? Seems like this is the bulk of their job. You could be right of course. I don't know
well considering the Wings been scouting Weiss of Florida for the past month, ask yourself this: was there 5/6 teams at the joe last night scouting mursak? prolly not.... but yet again, he was hurt this year, so no team had him on their radar....as of yet..

Look Mursak deserved more than his 2 games this year, and certaintly more games that what his sample size shows too..

19+29, +24, 9 PIM / 30 games were his numbers during the lockout, before he got hurt this year..

If you want to look at his AHL career and very short NHL career w the Wings and still claim the Wings made the right choice, thats fine and dandy, but Mursak wasnt given a fair shot this year....I really hope Chicago, STL, CBJ claim him, to actually show Holland what he messed up on...

Old
02-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Huddy*

Old
02-22-2013, 02:42 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Or....this move was so out of left field, no team actually scouted the guy and the RW may get lucky that no one claims him..if that does happen, side bets majority of you will say:

On other note, here are a list of teams that I think will claim Mursak:

1. LA Kings
2. CBJ
3. STL
4. NYR
So, you're saying 4 years in the AHL and no one noticed him? So then we agree, he's not very good.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
well considering the Wings been scouting Weiss of Florida for the past month, ask yourself this: was there 5/6 teams at the joe last night scouting mursak? prolly not.... but yet again, he was hurt this year, so no team had him on their radar....as of yet..

Look Mursak deserved more than his 2 games this year, and certaintly more games that what his sample size shows too..

19+29, +24, 9 PIM / 30 games were his numbers during the lockout, before he got hurt this year..

If you want to look at his AHL career and very short NHL career w the Wings and still claim the Wings made the right choice, thats fine and dandy, but Mursak wasnt given a fair shot this year....I really hope Chicago, STL, CBJ claim him, to actually show Holland what he messed up on...
I don't think you understand how scouting works and it is becoming quite clear from the way you're posting. No NHL players waiving will surprise any team, they understand who all of these guys are.

These teams employ a lot of scouts, they are very familiar with all of the NHL and AHL players. That would be their pro scouts job and those guys are at games all the time on both levels. It is very likely along with advanced scouts for future matchups in conference quite a few scouts were on hand. To watch Mursak? No, but to watch everyone. I hope our scout didn't just take notes on Weiss when he was in Buffalo to watch that game.

I am upset they waived Mursak for the record.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
TS Quint

Quote:

The Wings org has watched him play 385 games in various levels of competition and you think they still don't have a clue what they have?

Old
02-22-2013, 02:52 PM
DRWCountryClub

This team has a lot of plugs who are either injured or scoring at an abysmal pace.

Two things people keep bringing up about Mursak.

Thing is, he makes $550,000, not 2.8, 1.2, 3.0, etc.

I know it doesn't matter because Holland had a brutal summer and this team has loads of unused cap space, but I'm of the mind that it's terrible cap management and bad asset management.

Why not use cheap, young plugs instead of old, expensive plugs?

I'd also like to mention that his speed would have been an asset in the bottom six, because it's sorely lacking other than Helm and Tatar(who shouldn't even be there now).

This team just makes me shake my head this season.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
THW

A better run team would have let these younger guys play for a few games to see what they have and if they wanted to let them go or trade them, there would be a better sample size. Even if it was to showcase them a bit would have made more sense rather than keeping the bigger cap hit/older players around. This management is just confounding.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
I hope LA claims him so he gets to play with Kopitar.

People shouldn't overreact about this, if they were gonna waive anyone, they picked the right guy. He's not a bad player and he did have soe unfortunate luck with injuries, but he doesn't really have a future with this team and he's replaceable. Eaves is the only other guy they could have waived, in my opinion.

What's the upside to keeping Cleary, Miller, Eaves, Sammy or Bert over Mursak?

I thought Mursak looked pretty good in limited action yesterday.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I think this is fair for everybody. He's obviously the odd man(at least) out here.
WTF does fair for everybody mean?

Yet another example of a guy called up too late who never got a shot.

Ken Holland and Mike Babcock are prospect killers.

I look forward to the day when Mursak is scoring 15 to 20 goals from line three while using his speed to kill penalties.

Let me ask you a question... how many fast, right-handed wingers do we have under the age of 25 in this organization?

Old
02-22-2013, 03:10 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

I am perfectly fine with this move. I think Ferraro will do in the NHL what we hoped Mursak would do...be an effective third line speedster that logs PK minutes and chips in for 15 goals a year.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
WTF does fair for everybody mean?

Yet another example of a guy called up too late who never got a shot.

Ken Holland and Mike Babcock are prospect killers.

I look forward to the day when Mursak is scoring 15 to 20 goals from line three while using his speed to kill penalties.

Let me ask you a question... how many fast, right-handed wingers do we have under the age of 25 in this organization?
Kind of... Martin Frk and Landon Ferraro. I don't know is Pulkkinen fast. Not Mursak fast for sure.

If someone is the prospect killer, it's Curt Fraser.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
Dont understand this move at all. I understand having to waive someone on the roster, but a young guy with upside who doesnt cost anything?

Looking over the roster, there are more than enough guys I would waive before Mursak.

This doesnt look good to me as a fan. There is enough dead weight on this roster to fill a Walking Dead episode and you choose the cheap, injury prone young guy over the expensive, broken old has been(s)?!
If we're going to finish out of the playoffs and blow two goal leads against Columbus, then we need Miller and Eaves.

Closed Thread