HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VII)

View Poll Results: Does Butler get claimed on waivers?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 28 63.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I want Harrold in the lineup. I'd rather it be for Volchenkov though. Not that Volchenkov has been abysmal, but if Fayne has seen the bench then Volch shouldn't be off limits. Salvador is because he's the captain.

Harrold should get some games in though. He's only got in 1 game out of 19 this year. He's on a one way contract, and has been just sitting on the roster. I like Harrold, and I want him back next year if Zidlicky, and Tallinder are gone. Perfect 7th defenseman. Remember when we were rolling Mark Fraser in that spot?
No i agree, I don't mind Harrold getting a game in, especially when we haven't been playing our best D. I just hate it at Fayne's expense. I don't care about his contract he shouldn't be so untouchable that he can't sit a game.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I am 100% convinced Pete will not bench Volch ever. I am in the camp that some on here are way to hard on his play this year (though be hard on the contract, it is a terrible contract), but he has had his fair share of mistakes that should of earned a seat in the box for a game. Its just never going to happen.
His contract is what I hate most. I've laid off him a little bit. With this stupid BS 8 defensemen controversy though I don't think he's off limits for a benching.

I was more pissed with the stupid penalties he was taking last game than anything. He's taken those penalties a lot. I can't honestly say with confidence that I feel more comfortable with Tallinder though after last week.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR
#NJDevils have placed Martin Brodeur on IR retroactive to Sunday. #NHL

Old
02-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Forget just how awful Moose has been the last two games. Remember when Marty came back from injury last year, and was very inconsistent for like 2 months?

Old
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Damn, but all signs point to it just being for the one game. Pencil Moose in for Thursday boys and girls. Rather it be Marty, but no reason to take risks, and maybe Moose can use this opportunity to right his own ship after two lackluster games.

Old
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Ah ****. So he's out for the next few games.

Old
Bologna 1

Harrold deserves a chance in the lineup after his strong playoff last spring.and considering the disastrous state of the team. But obviously it shouldn't be at the expense of fayne (I think everyone agrees.on who it should be for)

Old
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Ah ****. So he's out for the next few games.
Someone mentioned they can take him off IR Friday I think so he could play Saturday against Buffalo.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Moose did win us 7 games in a row just 2 years ago. With two 1-0 shutouts, and mostly one goal wins. If he's on his game he should be good to go.

He also stole us a few games last year like LA when he came in for Marty, and that Nashville shootout win. He looked amazing for the first week. Then he started to look very average after that as a starter. Like the 5-3 loss against Phoenix.

That game when Marty came back against Toronto last year was awful. That was maybe the worst game I've seen him play since the 2001 SCF. He made that amazing unbelievable save on Kessel with the stick. Before that though he was letting everything in.

Old
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Damn, but all signs point to it just being for the one game. Pencil Moose in for Thursday boys and girls. Rather it be Marty, but no reason to take risks, and maybe Moose can use this opportunity to right his own ship after two lackluster games.
Since they placed him on IR, doesn't have have to miss a minimum of 7 days before he can be taken off IR? If that's the case then he's going to miss games against the Jets, Sabres and Maple Leafs.

Old
JMarce

Quote:
Someone mentioned they can take him off IR Friday I think so he could play Saturday against Buffalo.
it's retroactive to Sunday, he can't play until the Monday game against TOR

Old
02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarce View Post
it's retroactive to Sunday, he can't play until the Monday game against TOR
Makes sense, thanks.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

So let us ride our Moose to victory

Old
02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Devils have placed G Martin Brodeur on IR retroactive to Sunday. Means he can't play before next Monday in Toronto.

Gulitti says Monday. Oh great Toronto. Remember the game I was just talking about last November against Toronto? Marty was really bad against Toronto last year. Remember the shootout late in the season?

Old
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Oroku Saki*

I just remember Kadri's sick move.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Give Kinky a start woooo

Old
02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
I just remember Kadri's sick move.
I remember James Reimer was pathetic in it. He was a complete statue, and didn't even flinch against Kovy, and Parise. Then Patty came in looking like a zombie, and put one right on Reimer's pads. Just like he did to Bishop in the last shootout.

Meanwhile Marty got abused gloveside the first two shooters, and then Kadri ended it. I'm pretty sure Marty wasn't hot in regulation either. And we made POS Reimer who was like the worst goalie in the league last year look like a Vezina/Hart/Crozier frontrunner in that game. 3 goals on like 45 shots or something.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:

Devils have placed G Martin Brodeur on IR retroactive to Sunday. Means he can't play before next Monday in Toronto.

Gulitti says Monday. Oh great Toronto. Remember the game I was just talking about last November against Toronto? Marty was really bad against Toronto last year. Remember the shootout late in the season?
Wasn't Marty out for a longer period of time last year? I don't remember, but it is only a week, he should be ok Monday if he is cleared to play.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:
Wasn't Marty out for a longer period of time last year? I don't remember, but it is only a week, he should be ok Monday if he is cleared to play.
Yes about 3 weeks? I think.

He was also out for 2 or 3 weeks in February 2011. He came back off IR, but we had won 7 in a row with Moose. Jacques wanted to wait until Moose lost a game to put Marty back in. We lost to TB, and then Marty came back the next game against the Panthers, and put on a pretty damn good performance. He also got a shutout in 09 against Colorado in his first game back after almost 4 months.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Yes about 3 weeks? I think.

He was also out for 2 or 3 weeks in February 2011. He came back off IR, but we had won 7 in a row with Moose. Jacques wanted to wait until Moose lost a game to put Marty back in. We lost to TB, and then Marty came back the next game against the Panthers, and put on a pretty damn good performance. He also got a shutout in 09 against Colorado in his first game back after almost 4 months.
Ok then don't worry then. As long as our medical staff hasn't removed his spine (which I wouldn't put past them) I think he will ok. We do need Moose to be Moose again, since we kind of need to get 3 out of 4 points at least out of these next two.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

I'll cut Moose a break for last game. He came in not being expected to start. Remember when Pete pulled Marty in Calgary last year after like 5 minutes? Moose came in and was even worse. The next night he was a beast though in Edmonton.

I'll chalk up Saturday's game to just a bad game which all goalies have once in a while. He wasn't the difference in that game at all though. He may not have been against Winnipeg, but it was much closer than the Caps game. Moose knows he's was horrible the last two games. Maybe he'll give us some Marty like bounceback games.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:05 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Lou Lamoriello said DR still doesn't think Brodeur's injury is serious, but it doesn't make sense for him to sit on long flight w/sore back

Basically, Lou decided he really liked Drouin and wanted to find a way to get in on him in the lottery action this season

Also, some slightly good news:
Ryan Carter will accompany team to Winnipeg after skating today, but decision yet whether to activate him from IR for Thursday's game.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Lou Lamoriello said DR still doesn't think Brodeur's injury is serious, but it doesn't make sense for him to sit on long flight w/sore back

Basically, Lou decided he really liked Drouin and wanted to find a way to get in on him in the lottery action this season

Also, some slightly good news:
Ryan Carter will accompany team to Winnipeg after skating today, but decision yet whether to activate him from IR for Thursday's game.
More like the team is to broke to invest in a back pillow for Marty's plane ride. Am i rite?

I'll definitely take that good news with Carter. Skated today, travelling. Feel much less like throwing up if Carter is centering that 4th line if we use today's lines.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Ehhh. With that I'm not sure if I expect him to play at all on the road trip. I don't think the team is coming home in between games. Marty's gonna have to take a public flight if he gets to Toronto by Monday!

It's not even that I'm worried about Moose starting because of his last two performances. I'm worried about Marty not looking good when he gets back. He's picked up right where he left off, and has been since January of last year. He's got one of the best even strength save percentages in the league among starters right now.

Well you ''Start Marty, and Moose 50/50'' people got your wish.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:
More like the team is to broke to invest in a back pillow for Marty's plane ride. Am i rite?

I'll definitely take that good news with Carter. Skated today, travelling. Feel much less like throwing up if Carter is centering that 4th line if we use today's lines.
Yes! For gods sake can we please use CBGB as the 4th line? Does Barch absolutely have to play against the Winnipeg ****in Jets?

With them on the 4th line, and 3 decent other lines we have 4 lines that have a legit chance to score. Something we need right now when we aren't picking up much offense, and something I said that would greatly help since Parise walked.

Closed Thread