HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Calder Discussion thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
  #751
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Huberdeau
Conacher
Yakupov/Saad
Yak????

More like:

Huberdeau/Gallagher
Brodin
Saad/Conacher

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:51 AM
  #752
Musashi
Registered User
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Should be Brodin for sure

Musashi is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:55 AM
  #753
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
They would ALL trade their guy for Huberdeau IMO.

Huberdeau has the highest ceiling, and it ain't even close.

Conacher is a shrimp, as is Gallagher. and Saad is good, But they are all older than Huberdeau, and all have better teammates to inflate their stats.

Coyle and Brodin are the only Wild guys I wouldn't trade for Huberdeau.

I do believe Brodin deserves it though. Incredible performance from a 19 year old.
Invalid argument form.

Why does height affect anything? Try watching the games and you'll notice how Gallagher (can't speak for Conacher) plays extremely well despite his stature.

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
  #754
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 50
Huberdeau
Gallagher
Brodin

Is my guess. Sure, there are others who put up similar points, but they do not stand out on their team as much and help their team like these three.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #755
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Lets see if anyone who isn't a Blackhawks fans agrees with you. I highly doubt it.
I generally agree with what he's said - I think Saad is more refined right now - but I think Huberdeau has the higher offensive potential.

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #756
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,348
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Brodin has my vote

Howard35 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
  #757
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 120,043
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Huberdeau
Gallagher
Brodin

Is my guess. Sure, there are others who put up similar points, but they do not stand out on their team as much and help their team like these three.
Saad stands out a hell of alot more and can play in any situation

Huberdeau is a one dimensional player on a bad team

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
  #758
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 21,089
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Invalid argument form.

Why does height affect anything? Try watching the games and you'll notice how Gallagher (can't speak for Conacher) plays extremely well despite his stature.
I hear M. St.Louis isn't going to win the Art Ross cause he's too short. If he ends up finishing with the most points they'll just say "good luck next time squirt, don't forget to drink your milk"

Habsawce is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
  #759
AaronEkbald
Registered User
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Saad stands out a hell of alot more and can play in any situation

Huberdeau is a one dimensional player on a bad team
1. When you say "one-dimensional" I've heard others say "dynamic"
2. The fact that Huberdeau receives little to no help on a bad team this season might tilt a voter's decision his way.

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
  #760
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Saad stands out a hell of alot more and can play in any situation

Huberdeau is a one dimensional player on a bad team
Huberdeau is amazing. Look who is on his team. He has the same stats as Tomas Kopecky. If Huberdeau is putting up similar stats on the same team as Tomas Kopecky then you know he is a bonified star. Never mind that Jonathan Huberdeau has the worst +/- on the entire team for forwards...that is because his team sucks.

Huberdeau still a ways away from catching the complete stud, Tomas Fleischmann in points though. If Huberdeau ever becomes the offensive force Tomas Fleischmann is now...lmfao the league will be screwed.

RomersWorld* is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
  #761
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I hear M. St.Louis isn't going to win the Art Ross cause he's too short. If he ends up finishing with the most points they'll just say "good luck next time squirt, don't forget to drink your milk"
I love when people discount players as inferior, and their only reason for doing so is that the player is short.

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
  #762
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Hes not inconsistent at all. Hes just dead tired like the announcers have said he has played A LOT of hockey this year in between juniors and WJC etc..
difference between playing in the AHL before the NHL and Juniors before the NHL? Right, if anything AHL gets you more tired playing against men professional hockey


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Lets see if anyone who isn't a Blackhawks fans agrees with you. I highly doubt it.
I'm the 3rd Hawks Fan to come out and say that Bowman wouldn't consider trading Saad for Huberdeau.

and we don't care what others say about this because we see this player on a regular basis and he impresses every time

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
  #763
Coado
Registered User
 
Coado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Gallagher wins. He's on a team with a bunch of losers too. Just because they're winning doesn't mean they're superstars...

Coado is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
  #764
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coado View Post
He's on a team with a bunch of losers too. Just because they're winning...


Winning Losers for the WIN!

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:37 AM
  #765
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,194
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Huberdeau is amazing. Look who is on his team. He has the same stats as Tomas Kopecky. If Huberdeau is putting up similar stats on the same team as Tomas Kopecky then you know he is a bonified star. Never mind that Jonathan Huberdeau has the worst +/- on the entire team for forwards...that is because his team sucks.

Huberdeau still a ways away from catching the complete stud, Tomas Fleischmann in points though. If Huberdeau ever becomes the offensive force Tomas Fleischmann is now...lmfao the league will be screwed.
That's like pointing out that Saad is only a handful of points up on scrubs like Stalberg and Bickell...aside from making me sound like an idiot, what relevance does it have?

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:41 AM
  #766
KeziaTML
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Homers Homerin'.

KeziaTML is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:46 AM
  #767
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
My vote goes to Brodin, which is a little silly since I've only seen him play 3 times this year, but he's putting up ridiculous fancy stats for a 19 year old.

Plus shut down D's really don't get enough credit. Not to mention you rarely see a 19 year old d-man play like that in the NHL.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:53 AM
  #768
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That's like pointing out that Saad is only a handful of points up on scrubs like Stalberg and Bickell...aside from making me sound like an idiot, what relevance does it have?
Bickell and Stalberg aren't scrubs so yes, it does. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them as Huberdeau's teammate next year, for some overpriced salary of course.

Tomas Kopecky never put up as good of numbers as Brandon Saad is now. Interesting that Kopecky and Huberdeau are putting up such similar numbers on the same team. I guess Kopecky would be putting up 60 points if he was on a great team like the Blackhawks...oh wait, we already saw that he didn't.

Tomas Fleischmann has more points than Huberdeau on this brutal team. Imagine if Tomas Fleischmann was on a great team...like the Washington Capitals teams that he was on already. He could put up 70 points a year!!!

Now just imagine if that great ABC line that the Hawks had when they were bad was still around today. It is amazing that despite the Hawks being terrible, these great young players like Kyle Calder, Tyler Arnason, and Mark Bell were able to put up career numbers on these bad Hawks teams. It is almost like you can't just assume that a player would put up more points on another team or in another situation.

Na, that can't be true. Put Huberdeau on any other team where he wouldn't get top line minutes, wouldn't get tons of PP time, would be forced to actually play defense, ect. And Hubs would likely play at a PPG pace for sure. So would Tomas Kopecky.

Imagine if PA Parentau wasn't stuck on the 2nd worst team in the NHL. He'd be up there with Crosby, Stamkos, and Ovechkin! Too bad he is getting held back by the brutal teammates.

RomersWorld* is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
  #769
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: Nauru
Posts: 8,639
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Huberdeau is amazing. Look who is on his team. He has the same stats as Tomas Kopecky. If Huberdeau is putting up similar stats on the same team as Tomas Kopecky then you know he is a bonified star. Never mind that Jonathan Huberdeau has the worst +/- on the entire team for forwards...that is because his team sucks.

Huberdeau still a ways away from catching the complete stud, Tomas Fleischmann in points though. If Huberdeau ever becomes the offensive force Tomas Fleischmann is now...lmfao the league will be screwed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Bickell and Stalberg aren't scrubs so yes, it does. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them as Huberdeau's teammate next year, for some overpriced salary of course.

Tomas Kopecky never put up as good of numbers as Brandon Saad is now. Interesting that Kopecky and Huberdeau are putting up such similar numbers on the same team. I guess Kopecky would be putting up 60 points if he was on a great team like the Blackhawks...oh wait, we already saw that he didn't.

Tomas Fleischmann has more points than Huberdeau on this brutal team. Imagine if Tomas Fleischmann was on a great team...like the Washington Capitals teams that he was on already. He could put up 70 points a year!!!

Now just imagine if that great ABC line that the Hawks had when they were bad was still around today. It is amazing that despite the Hawks being terrible, these great young players like Kyle Calder, Tyler Arnason, and Mark Bell were able to put up career numbers on these bad Hawks teams. It is almost like you can't just assume that a player would put up more points on another team or in another situation.

Na, that can't be true. Put Huberdeau on any other team where he wouldn't get top line minutes, wouldn't get tons of PP time, would be forced to actually play defense, ect. And Hubs would likely play at a PPG pace for sure. So would Tomas Kopecky.

Imagine if PA Parentau wasn't stuck on the 2nd worst team in the NHL. He'd be up there with Crosby, Stamkos, and Ovechkin! Too bad he is getting held back by the brutal teammates.
You are just...wow

AKL is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  #770
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,194
vCash: 500
Awards:
I don't have a horse in the Huberdeau vs. Saad debate and I don't really care to argue one over the other. I was just objecting to the abuse of logic in your other post (and now this one) but if that's how you want to read the leaves, I won't stop you.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
  #771
bdawg1989*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Saad stands out a hell of alot more and can play in any situation

Huberdeau is a one dimensional player on a bad team
Dat homer mod.

bdawg1989* is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:10 PM
  #772
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: Nauru
Posts: 8,639
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
Dat homer mod.
One of the biggest logical fallacies on this website: "Mods aren't allowed to have opinions"

AKL is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:13 PM
  #773
Bourdon101
Registered User
 
Bourdon101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
I would be inclinee to say Gallagher because he plays on my team, and I have seen him play much more. The thing is that he brings much more to the habs than what the stats could tell you, he has a very good attitude, never takes a night off even when his team is dong bad he will be the spark that gives us energy. That being said, he is not the best rookie out there, I believe this year has no enormous standout but a lot of promising talents, like Brodin or Huberdeau whom I believe deserve the award.

Bourdon101 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:35 PM
  #774
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't have a horse in the Huberdeau vs. Saad debate and I don't really care to argue one over the other. I was just objecting to the abuse of logic in your other post (and now this one) but if that's how you want to read the leaves, I won't stop you.
So please explain to me how Jonathan Huberdeau would get so many more points on the Blackhawks. Huberdeau and Kopecky have basically the same exact stats...Kopecky was already on the Hawks and never reached those kinds of numbers. But now that he is on a bad team, he should get less points than he did while playing with Hossa and Sharp...right?

So why is he getting more points on a bad team, with worse linemates? Is if possible that even the mighty Huberdeau benefits statistically from playing on a bad team? I'd say it is a possibility considering the two players on the team with the same or better stats as Huberdeau are Tomas Kopecky and Tomas Fleischmann, who are producing now more than ever before.

Or maybe it is just coincidence those two are having their best offensive numbers while Huberdeau is being held back by all the PP time and ability to focus his energy on only offense. Clearly he would produce better in any other situation because he is so great and different from every other player. We all know that players production can be easily extrapolated based on how good each team is along with their linemates.

According to my math, Huberdeau and Kopecky would get 1.5 times the points if with the Hawks.

Jonathan Huberdeau
Fake Stats: 47 games, 14 goals, 14 assists, 28 points, -16
With Hawks(82 games): 37 goals, 37 assists, 74 points, +34

Tomas Kopecky
Fake Stats: 46 games, 15 goals, 12 assists, 27 points, -8
With Hawks(82 games): 40 goals, 32 assists, 72 points, +47

Tomas Fleischmann
Fake Stats: 47 games, 10 goals, 23 assists, 33 points, -11
With Hawks(82 games): 26 goals, 60 assists, 86 points, +42

Holy crap!! Hawks should do whatever they can to acquire the underrated forces of Tomas Kopecky and Tomas Fleischmann. They can form Team Tomas and become the best duo the Western Conference has ever been privileged enough to see.

RomersWorld* is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:35 PM
  #775
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
It is gonna be a tough choice for sure as they all have strong points/weak points. I get the Gallagher/Galchenyuk love as they are very impressive rookies. Same with Huberdeau, Saad, Conacher.

The people who vote may be looking big picture to guys like Brodin and Zibanejad. More all around players who are noticeable on the ice. Impact-wise Brodin and Zibanejad will get consideration and points-wsie could be the MTL players and Huberdeau.

If I had to pick the three finalists I think it will be:

Gallagher, Huberdeau, Brodin.

If I were picking it would be:

Gallagher, Zibanejad,Brodin

Winner: Gallagher

coladin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.