HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2013 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft Thread (Officially Underway!!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Well, if you can give us a name within the next few minutes, I can edit it (I don't really like doing it though since another pick has been made) since it's the first time and you only missed by an hour.

But moving forward it makes the most sense to keep auto-picks (if there are any more) final.
Agreed.

Make sure you PM a list if you selection is within 5 picks.

Anyway, Overlords.. you're up and if you steal my guy, I will hunt you down!

Ebbe Sionas is back on the board (poor guy... ) and Nikolas Brouillard is off the board.

Old
05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Agreed.

Make sure you PM a list if you selection is within 5 picks.

Anyway, Overlords.. you're up and if you steal my guy, I will hunt you down!

Ebbe Sionas is back on the board (poor guy... ) and Nikolas Brouillard is off the board.
Is your guy a big mother****er?

edit: Hope so! Vancouver drafts Tyler Hill out of the USHL!

Old
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
That

With the 85th overall pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Kings are proud to select, from Luleć HF of the Elitserien, forward Peter Cehlárik.

"Peter's a 6'2 left winger from Slovakia who scored three goals and added three assists in just eight games with Luleć. He also played at a near point-per-game in the U20 league and was the leading scorer for Slovakia at the U18s. Peter uses his size at a high level to protect the puck and screen the goaltender. He possesses extremely soft hands and a very good touch around the goal. His skating is a work in progress, but he's shown lots of dedication to improving all aspects of his game. We feel that Peter has the ability to be a very dangerous goal scorer for us in the future."

St. Louis on the clock, GM has been PM'd.

Old
05-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

With the 86th overall selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very proud to select, from Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, forward Myles Bell.

"We believe in second chances and we believe that Mr. Bell deserves a second chance. He's dealt with some pretty unfortunate things in his life and we feel that it's helped him grow as a both a person, a leader, and a hockey player. We love the total package. He's got good size, a nose for the net, great offensive instincts, and a howitzer from the blueline. He's a very interesting prospect because he can play so many different positions on the ice. He's played defense at a high level and he made the transition, rather easily, to forward this season, which is pretty crazy when you think of how high a level he's playing at. He's played center at lower levels as well. We're extremely excited to welcome Mr. Bell to the organization."

Boston is on the clock, GM has been PM'd.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

With the 85th overall pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Kings are proud to select, from Luleć HF of the Elitserien, forward Peter Cehlárik.
Hate you, etc. LOL. Not that he was going to be around for my next pick, but this is who I have been coveting for a bit now (can't believe he almost hit the 4th round). I've heard the knocks on his skating, but kid has some of the surest hands you'll see on a prospect, and he's a gamer. Can literally get the puck on and off his stick in an instant, with power and accuracy, no matter what the puck is doing; wobbling, bouncing, whatever. I'm actually going to be surprised if he's not a 1st rounder this year. Dead serious. He won't turn 18 until mid-summer, and he already knows he's starting next season back on the Lulea top club.

Totally committed to getting better as a player, but already comfortable and productive among professional men. The jump he made in the rankings between mid-season (not ranked) and now (28th among Europeans) is representative of the rise he's on, and I think as early as this time next year he'll be considered one of the top 30 prospects to come out of this draft.

Here's a little taste of your excellent pick:

Old
05-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Hate you, etc. LOL. Not that he was going to be around for my next pick, but this is who I have been coveting for a bit now (can't believe he almost hit the 4th round). I've heard the knocks on his skating, but kid has some of the surest hands you'll see on a prospect, and he's a gamer. Can literally get the puck on and off his stick in an instant, with power and accuracy, no matter what the puck is doing; wobbling, bouncing, whatever. I'm actually going to be surprised if he's not a 1st rounder this year. Dead serious. He won't turn 18 until mid-summer, and he already knows he's starting next season back on the Lulea top club.

Totally committed to getting better as a player, but already comfortable and productive among professional men. The jump he made in the rankings between mid-season (not ranked) and now (28th among Europeans) is representative of the rise he's on, and I think as early as this time next year he'll be considered one of the top 30 prospects to come out of this draft.

Here's a little taste of your excellent pick:
Excellent pick indeed.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Excellent pick indeed.
I've seen lots of people highlighting his recently signing a 3 year contract extension with Lulea as a possible problem with bringing him over any earlier than that, but I don't expect it to translate into a draft day free fall down to the 3rd/4th round. This guy moved from his home in Slovakia to near the Arctic Circle in Sweden to get into the highest level of hockey he could, and if an NHL team shows real interest in getting him over sooner than 2015, I don't think he'd hestitate to take the next step. Even if he does spend the full 3 years developing there, teams aren't usually disappointed with the 3 years of polish their prospects have coming out of the SEL.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:58 PM
eaglesmaster

Sigh, well there goes the last 2 guys on my short list, will post my pick in a few...

Old
05-08-2013, 09:11 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

With the 86th overall selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very proud to select, from Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, forward Myles Bell.

"We believe in second chances and we believe that Mr. Bell deserves a second chance. He's dealt with some pretty unfortunate things in his life and we feel that it's helped him grow as a both a person, a leader, and a hockey player. We love the total package. He's got good size, a nose for the net, great offensive instincts, and a howitzer from the blueline. He's a very interesting prospect because he can play so many different positions on the ice. He's played defense at a high level and he made the transition, rather easily, to forward this season, which is pretty crazy when you think of how high a level he's playing at. He's played center at lower levels as well. We're extremely excited to welcome Mr. Bell to the organization."

Boston is on the clock, GM has been PM'd.
Got him in the 7th last year, I believe. Maybe 6th.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Got him in the 7th last year, I believe. Maybe 6th.
He's too good to passover. A forward that can play the point/run the PP is an awesome combo in itself. Add in the intangibles and you have a Brent Burns like player.

Yeah, it sucks what happened to him (I don't know all the details, but I know enough to know that he made a mistake), but he's grown so much as a player.

I know he's 2-years older than normal draft picks, but this is his first year at forward. To lead his team in scoring by a landslide speaks to just how good he really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post
Sigh, well there goes the last 2 guys on my short list, will post my pick in a few...
Sorry fella, I'm sure you can get me back and get someone on my shortlist, since I pick again shortly.

Last edited by Bad Natey: 05-08-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old
05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
To lead his team in scoring by a landslide speaks to just how good he really is.
He had one more point than linemate, and Minnesota draft pick Dylen McKinlay, and let's not forget that Sissons was around contributing 67 points over the 41 games he played with those guys.

Interesting and impressive season for him, though, both in terms of transition/development and productivity.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:07 PM
eaglesmaster

With the 87th pick the Boston Bruins are proud to select, from Rogle of the Elitserein, Defensemen Niklas Hansson.

The boston bruins are ecstatic to add another gifted swedish dman to our prospect core. We have faith that Hansson will continue to improve in his skating, and that the rest of his game, mainly his offensive abilities coming from the backend, will translate to the NHL.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post

With the 87th pick the Boston Bruins are proud to select, from Rogle of the Elitserein, Defensemen Niklas Hansson.

The boston bruins are ecstatic to add another gifted swedish dman to our prospect core. We have faith that Hansson will continue to improve in his skating, and that the rest of his game, mainly his offensive abilities coming from the backend, will translate to the NHL.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
He had one more point than linemate, and Minnesota draft pick Dylen McKinlay, and let's not forget that Sissons was around contributing 67 points over the 41 games he played with those guys.

Interesting and impressive season for him, though, both in terms of transition/development and productivity.
One more point ... not sure I understand?

Sissons had 67 points in 61 games.
McKinlay had 68 points in 72 games.
Bell had 93 points in 69 games.

The closest guy to Bell in terms of points was Zach Franko, who had 72 points, which is still 21 points behind.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Knew that would get the Yarf seal of approval! Good pick.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
One more point ... not sure I understand?

Sissons had 67 points in 61 games.
McKinlay had 68 points in 72 games.
Bell had 93 points in 69 games.

The closest guy to Bell in terms of points was Zach Franko, who had 72 points, which is still 21 points behind.
Eliteprospects has him with 92 points, and I see what they did. They slipped his 68 points (which I see on the WHL page) into the assists column, so when added to his 24 goals, turns into 92 points.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Eliteprospects has him with 92 points, and I see what they did. They slipped his 68 points (which I see on the WHL page) into the assists column, so when added to his 24 goals, turns into 92 points.
lol do you still hate the pick as much now?

Old
05-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
lol do you still hate the pick as much now?
Who hates this pick again? "Interesting and impressive season for him, though, both in terms of transition/development and productivity." to quote myself. Pretty sure I've even drafted "overagers" in these drafts myself, as a really good one is just as good to me as a shot-in-the-dark 17 year old.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Who hates this pick again? "Interesting and impressive season for him, though, both in terms of transition/development and productivity." to quote myself. Pretty sure I've even drafted "overagers" in these drafts myself, as a really good one is just as good to me as a shot-in-the-dark 17 year old.
Haha, my bad. I just thought you were trying to make me feel bad about the pick because of that, haha. I would love the Habs to draft him, if he's still around for their 6th pick.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Wow, can't believe it's almost my pick already.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wow, can't believe it's almost my pick already.
OT, but can't believe how much I still love your avatar.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:14 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Knew that would get the Yarf seal of approval! Good pick.
Yes I approve x2, I had seriously considered him at my pick but felt it was a tad early. Potential steal for eagle imo

Old
05-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Haha, my bad. I just thought you were trying to make me feel bad about the pick because of that, haha. I would love the Habs to draft him, if he's still around for their 6th pick.
No worries. The points themselves don't mean that much anyway - we all know that everyone participating here knows that. Even if one had no prior knowledge of these guys beyond the stats, and despite one guy possibly being the "main" offensive generator, sometimes it isn't bad if you "only" end up projecting to be complimentary to a superstar, yourself.

I, personally, might not necessarily have gone after him quite this high. But like I said earlier when bringing up his transition to forward, he's ranked right in this BPA range, so I couldn't really judge picking him too harshly.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
NLHabsFan

Alright, it's getting late and I work early in the morning, so I'm heading to bed. My pick is right after WTK's. I leave at 5:30am (though I'm out West) so I can have my pick done early. I'll PM HabsFan18 my pick (and backup, just in case) if my turn comes up soon so I don't hold up people that are late nighter's lol.

WTK, please leave my guy

Old
05-09-2013, 08:02 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
will make pic in couple hours

Closed Thread