HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beginner/drop in leagues in the Lower Mainland

Old
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Kirk Mclean
The best there is...

vCash: 500
Beginner/drop in leagues in the Lower Mainland

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any information about what the best/most suitable for someone who is pretty much a beginner. My buddies and I are looking to join a league next season, and we're not really sure where to look for one where guys like us wouldn't be total slobs out there.

We can all skate and shoot fairly well, and are in pretty good shape, however, we aren't good enough to be out there with guys who have been playing for years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!

Kirk Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Mclean View Post
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any information about what the best/most suitable for someone who is pretty much a beginner. My buddies and I are looking to join a league next season, and we're not really sure where to look for one where guys like us wouldn't be total slobs out there.

We can all skate and shoot fairly well, and are in pretty good shape, however, we aren't good enough to be out there with guys who have been playing for years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!
The Duffers Hockey League and the Adult Safe Hockey League had some good beginner-level divisions, IIRC. DHL plays mostly out of North Vancouver and Burnaby, while the ASHL is more widespread.

http://duffershockey.com/Duffers/index.asp

http://ashl.adultrechockey.ca/

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:07 AM
HAMMY5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Mclean View Post

AHL (Adult Hockey League) in chilliwack has a lower division sounds like it'd be a fit for you and your buddies.

Also you can hit up drop ins usually lots of skill levels at those get to play with a variety of people.

HAMMY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Kirk Mclean
The best there is...

Thanks guys

Kirk Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:51 PM
metric

ICE604 is really beginner and not the best run. Really late games and mostly no scorekeeper.
Coast Hockey is pretty good
ASHL is tough to get into and expensive but also most professional
Planet Ice has leagues for each of their rinks I believe.

metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Try VACHL, probably the most beginner friendly league in the lower mainland.

As for pick up games, try digging on hockey community. Once you get to know the folks who organize games, you'll find the beginner ice players circle isn't that big.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote