HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus-minus | Penguins 3, Panthers 1

Old
02-22-2013, 09:20 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
I dont get it, one game you guys complain about the team being undisciplined, and in this one you guys are upset we didn't start throwing cheapshots because one of our players tripped and fell into the boards.
You can't be physical and disciplined? News to me, thanks for the update.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I think he's been a big reason as to why that Malkin line isn't working.

Of course it's sacrilegious to suggest Neal needs to be moved to a different line to see if he can get going.
Well he's got 12 goals so he's one of the last players in the league that needs to get going. Just saying he could be much better. Doesn't mean we have to go rearranging lines.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Why should we be sad about the lack of physicality in a game where we owned the offensive zone and our opponents did nothing untoward outside of arguably The Pimp's stick trip on Orpik?

Gudbranson did to Malkin what we would always want any of our D-men doing to any star coming in on goal hard.... make him think about doing it next time.
Absolutely, and when one of our defensemen does that, the other team goes after him, either right there or later, or they target someone else on the Pens.

The Pens did . . . nothing.

The only message that the Pens delivered tonight was to Geno, and the message was that he's on his own. Then again, he might have already known that after the Philly game.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'll put it bluntly: If you're Evgeni Malkin, then do you think ANYONE on this team has your back?
Im sure Malkin is pissed off no one took a run at florida's star players. Because that would have made it all better. It wasn't even a dirty hit.

Zatch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
GrouperTrooper

Exactly the same ? No. Plays that involved our stars crashing into the boards after a little contact and loosing their footing? Yea.
Quote:
Are you suggesting that the two incidents were exactly the same thing? Please, that's beyond the pale.

GrouperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Well he's got 12 goals so he's one of the last players in the league that needs to get going. Just saying he could be much better. Doesn't mean we have to go rearranging lines.
8 of those goals are on the PP. You take away Neal's shot, and he brings less to the table at ES than Kunitz or Dupuis.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
MrBurghundy
Relax

Quote:
On the powerplay.

MrBurghundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
I have no problem with the hit but i just hate how the quote sounds. He could of just said something like u hate to see a guy get hurt
he does not seem like the smartest guy in the world

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
I'm not sure if "the real big guy" is behind it, but if he is you have to listen as a player or a coach......he signs the checks.
There's no other explanation. Players just don't turn into *******. GMs just don't change how they like to build their rosters, especially with a formula that was very successful. I can't imagine a coach in the league that wants to have a soft team. And yes, they all have to listen to the guy that signs the checks. It's his money, and he's going to continue losing a lot of it from playoff revenues

Terrapin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
8 of those goals are on the PP. You take away Neal's shot, and he brings less to the table at ES than Kunitz or Dupuis.
Well I don't really know what to say about that. It's troubling but 12 goals is 12 goals. He's not going to score at a 55 goal pace with Crosby I think any realistic person knows that. We're not even halfway to the playoffs and have a good record. I'd just let it ride.

I think overall the biggest problem with Malkin's line is Malkin needing improvement on when to pass to Neal and when to be himself.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Instead of passive-aggressively defending Disco, why not provide an alternative theory as to why the Pens sandpaper has disappeared despite still icing several gritty players?

Fights don't do much to protect stars - as evidence by Crosby still getting a concussion, Malkin getting his knee tore up while the Pens were big fighters - but there's something to be said for standing up for each other, and making players - especially young ones like Gudbranson - think twice before finishing their checks against our stars.

(And no, there was absolutely nothing dirty about the play)
As I said, they won the game, that is the mission. I would have liked to see something done late when we had the 2 goal lead, and I don't know why it didn't happen. Just like the Sens didn't jump Cooke after the Karlsson injury, but went after him late when the game was decided. With this short season, winning games is a premium.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
He did:

"Gudbranson on Malkin hit: "I finished my check. You never want to see a guy go down.""
Ya im ok with it now I didnt see that part of the quote til after i posted on here

cheesedanish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
Im sure Malkin is pissed off no one took a run at florida's star players. Because that would have made it all better. It wasn't even a dirty hit.
You're right. No other team in the league does anything like that when one of their stars takes a hard clean hit. Just like no other team does a **** thing when one of their stars is getting cross checked 20 times in a row. Just like no other team does a **** thing when one of their stars takes a cheap shot to the head in an outdoor game. After all, if they did that, then they'd never get to their game.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:26 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Well I don't really know what to say about that. It's troubling but 12 goals is 12 goals. He's not going to score at a 55 goal pace with Crosby I think any realistic person knows that. We're not even halfway to the playoffs and have a good record. I'd just let it ride.

I think overall the biggest problem with Malkin's line is Malkin needing improvement on when to pass to Neal and when to be himself.
Maybe your last sentence is the real problem . . . it take three to make a line go at 5 on 5.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Terrapin

That scrub was on the ice with 2 minutes left in the game, and we had a 2 goal lead. Nobody even said boo to him. I have a hard time believing any other team in the league would do nothing like we did.

Terrapin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Maybe your last sentence is the real problem . . . it take three to make a line go at 5 on 5.
But it hasn't worked with -anyone- there (other than El Sid, I guess). BB has played really well. Not even working with him. I do think something has to happen with Malkin and Neal just... playing better.

Although I did think Malkin looked good tonight before getting hurt.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Ian Slater of the Adirondack Phantoms took an extra shot at Brad Thiessen tonight and Bobby Farnham was on him immediately. Why can't we have that up here?

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:29 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
That scrub was on the ice with 2 minutes left in the game, and we had a 2 goal lead. Nobody even said boo to him. I have a hard time believing any other team in the league would do nothing like we did.
But, but, but . . .

Old
02-22-2013, 09:30 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
But it hasn't worked with -anyone- there (other than El Sid, I guess). BB has played really well. Not even working with him. I do think something has to happen with Malkin and Neal just... playing better.

Although I did think Malkin looked good tonight before getting hurt.
BB has played really well, but until tonight he didn't get more than 3-4 shifts a game.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:30 PM
leafspensfan

these blue uniforms are bad luck....Sid was right, get rid of em

Old
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
This year Neal's basically been an Alexander Mogilny clone who sometimes backchecks (oh and who also takes terrible penalties with no regard for the team). Maybe that's not the best example but long story short, when he's not scoring he doesn't really do anything anyone else can't do.
Coming back to his zone on one shift, it looked like Neal had 25 lb skates. I was like someone get out and ****ing push....

That whole line is dysfunctional, no matter how many dozens of wingers are slid in there, unless it is Crosby.

Neal is playing lazy hockey and Malkin refuses to give up the puck until he has gone for a skate.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
GrouperTrooper

Hello Detroit or Jersey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
No, you feel nobody loves you anymore, and your taking your net and going home.

GrouperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

Quote:
You're right. No other team in the league does anything like that when one of their stars takes a hard clean hit. Just like no other team does a **** thing when one of their stars is getting cross checked 20 times in a row. Just like no other team does a **** thing when one of their stars takes a cheap shot to the head in an outdoor game. After all, if they did that, then they'd never get to their game.
I just don't understand what would have been a satisfactory response, in your opinion, to a clean play like that. a fight? a Cheapshot? a push into the boards? then you'd be on here complaining about all the penalties and how undisciplined this team is.

Zatch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:33 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperTrooper View Post
Hello Detroit or Jersey!
where are these detroit and new jersey rumors coming from

Old
02-22-2013, 09:33 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperTrooper View Post
Hello Detroit or Jersey!
Hello one and done in the playoffs for the softest team in hockey.

Sad to think that a Flyers fan called it right two nights ago.