HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus-minus | Penguins 3, Panthers 1

Old
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

vCash: 500
Maybe one day we'll win a game 10-0 while going 5-5 on the PP and injure every prominent player on the other team and you people will be happy.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Absolutely, and when one of our defensemen does that, the other team goes after him, either right there or later, or they target someone else on the Pens.

The Pens did . . . nothing.

The only message that the Pens delivered tonight was to Geno, and the message was that he's on his own. Then again, he might have already known that after the Philly game.
Oh really??? Orpik lights up everyone on the opposing teams, and I don't see people immediately "going after him".

PS Neal did give Gudbranson a few jabs that were the equivalent of hitting him with his purse, but it wasn't like it went totally unnoticed.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
where are these detroit and new jersey rumors coming from
kirk

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Maybe one day we'll win a game 10-0 while going 5-5 on the PP and injure every prominent player on the other team and you people will be happy.
Not likely.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

I guess we can start Xing out every team who doesn't start a fight after a clean or dirty hit from the playoffs. We'll be joining Minnesota & St Louis.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I think overall the biggest problem with Malkin's line is Malkin needing improvement on when to pass to Neal and when to be himself.
The biggest problem on that line is the same as I have said it is after virtually every game this season, as well as before it started.

A: Malkin is not consistent enough in his board play and faceoffs for that line to have solidity a Crosby line will have. B: Neal is a sniper but an inconsistent worker. C: That line needs to have a sand-paper third wheel who can help Malkin and Neal with their relative weaknesses. D: Malkin being a flow player who plays more of an East/West game, there is more need for this line to have consistency personnel wise than any other, because their chemistry won't just come from playing 'our game' as they need to play a different game and be comfortable with eachother. E: More than with any of our other forwards, due to the above, Malkin's line needs to have blueliners behind him who can pass the puck tape to tape and will do that more than throw it off the wall and have forwards chase/battle. F: Dan Bylsma has never shown any kind of understanding/appreciation for any of the above when Sidney Crosby is in the lineup.

None of this says that Malkin/Neal do not have to be better ES themselves, but it is ulcer inducing that Bylsma cannot do more to obstruct him than he is.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GrouperTrooper

Quote:
where are these detroit and new jersey rumors coming from
Lol Kirk

GrouperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:36 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Oh really??? Orpik lights up everyone on the opposing teams, and I don't see people immediately "going after him".

PS Neal did give Gudbranson a few jabs that were the equivalent of hitting him with his purse, but it wasn't like it went totally unnoticed.
Big difference between taking someone out of a game with a big clean hit and just laying a big clean hit where the other guy gets up. Anyone with his name in the USA Hockey database should know that.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:36 PM
SCPens

I hate to see Geno go down just like anyone else around here but if Orpik did the same thing to fill in the blank, we'd forget it even happened a day later. But in terms of team toughness, something needs to be done. And I can't imagine the Pens' brass doesn't see the same thing that most of us around here do.

SCPens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperTrooper View Post
Lol Kirk
KIRK, where are you getting these from...stop screwing with our heads man...

We all know he's going to Toronto

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
The biggest problem on that line is the same as I have said it is after virtually every game this season, as well as before it started.

A: Malkin is not consistent enough in his board play and faceoffs for that line to have solidity a Crosby line will have. B: Neal is a sniper but an inconsistent worker. C: That line needs to have a sand-paper third wheel who can help Malkin and Neal with their relative weaknesses. D: Malkin being a flow player who plays more of an East/West game, there is more need for this line to have consistency personnel wise than any other, because their chemistry won't just come from playing 'our game' as they need to play a different game and be comfortable with eachother. E: More than with any of our other forwards, due to the above, Malkin's line needs to have blueliners behind him who can pass the puck tape to tape and will do that more than throw it off the wall and have forwards chase/battle. F: Dan Bylsma has never shown any kind of understanding/appreciation for any of the above when Sidney Crosby is in the lineup.

None of this says that Malkin/Neal do not have to be better ES themselves, but it is ulcer inducing that Bylsma cannot do more to obstruct him than he is.
Please TR, if you actually got an ulcer from everything Bylsma does to induce ulcers, then I think you'd be too out of it to be typing right now.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
KIRK

Quote:
KIRK, where are you getting these from...stop screwing with our heads man...

We all know he's going to Toronto
Nah, won't be Toronto. If played for them and got taken out of a game, I'm sure Randy Carlyle would be telling Phaneuf, Orr, et al 'it was a clean hit, let's get the two points and get out of here'

Old
02-22-2013, 10:40 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

As far as Malkin's line and what people are saying, I'm not sure anything Neal or Malkin are or aren't doing can be a bigger problem than the total lack of a winger to play with them. Also you can't get blood from a stone so I hope no one actually think it's their fault these players haven't produced with them.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:41 PM
GrouperTrooper

I actually agree with you of team toughness and DB. But the Malkin thing required zero response. It wasnt cheap, dirty, after the fact or anything that would require toughness. Its completely different than the Philly game or any game where Geno is being messed with/ harassed.
Quote:
Hello one and done in the playoffs for the softest team in hockey.

Sad to think that a Flyers fan called it right two nights ago.

GrouperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
leafspensfan

Quote:
Nah, won't be Toronto. If played for them and got taken out of a game, I'm sure Randy Carlyle would be telling Phaneuf, Orr, et al 'it was a clean hit, let's get the two points and get out of here'
Hahahahahaha, but I guarantee you both of them, McLaren, Brown and Komarov would've said **** it and went after Gudbranson

Old
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Also, I miss when these threads were about what happened in the game and not complaining about no wingers or Bylsma. Yes, I know, sometimes they have to be brought up but we're on 6 pages and most of it has gone to complaining about Bylsma...again. We have several threads, use those for the novels

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:44 PM
volcom

its unfortunate that this happend to malkin tonight because i thougt he looked great tonight

volcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
SidGenoMario

Malkin had a bad concussion before his NHL career, did he not?

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Also, I miss when these threads were about what happened in the game and not complaining about no wingers or Bylsma. Yes, I know, sometimes they have to be brought up but we're on 6 pages and most of it has gone to complaining about Bylsma...again. We have several threads, use those for the novels
The post game threads have been pretty lousy this season for exactly this reason.

TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperTrooper View Post
I actually agree with you of team toughness and DB. But the Malkin thing required zero response. It wasnt cheap, dirty, after the fact or anything that would require toughness. Its completely different than the Philly game or any game where Geno is being messed with/ harassed.
If you want to discuss this honestly, then I'd agree IF Geno had bounced back up. But, he didn't, and in that case I think you pick a spot (even a little later) to send a message, even though it was a clean hit. The only message sent was that Penguins' stars are fair game to take out, which granted isn't such a revelation.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
Malkin had a bad concussion before his NHL career, did he not?
Yes.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Hahahahahaha, but I guarantee you both of them, McLaren, Brown and Komarov would've said **** it and went after Gudbranson
Actually, those guys are pretty proactive about pissing off the other team and making themselves, rather than guys like Kessel, the evening's targets.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post

Bylsma does coach each game, no? He put Sid out with Glass and Adams to end the second, no?

Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Actually, those guys are pretty proactive about pissing off the other team and making themselves, rather than guys like Kessel, the evening's targets.
that's fine...as long as the star is safe...i sound like a doucher, but still

Old
02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
KIRK

Quote:
that's fine...as long as the star is safe...i sound like a doucher, but still
But, that's how the Pens USED to play hockey.