Notices

6-2-2

Old
03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

vCash: 500
6-2-2

After going 8-1-1 for the first 10 games, the Bruins went out and got 14pts out of 20 the last 10 (6-2-2).

Over that period, the Bruins did THREE times what they didn't do once over all last season: blowing up a lead in the third going 0-2-1 in these games. Very uncharacteristic of the Bruins who used to be locked for 2pts with the lead in the 3rd.

Still, even with the 3rd line doing nothing, Bourque being on the roster, the D playing subpar with many turnovers, and these blowned 3rd period lead, the Bruins are still the best win% in the East with 1pt back of the 1st place Habs with 3 games in hands.

We all know that Chia will make changes and add at least role players if not impact players to help in what could be a very long playoffs run. When you look at the competition, who do you think could beat the Bruins in a best of 7? My answer: The Bruins themselves. Baring key injuries, it's their conference to lose.

Now a look at the next 10 (4 home 6 away):

Tor x 2
Pit x 2
Ott x 2
Phi
Flo
Wsh
Win

Would be an underacheiving stretch with anything under 14pts... And I can see a trade being made within that stretch.

Let's go B's!

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:50 AM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Now a look at the next 10 (4 home 6 away):

Tor x 2 - 2 wins
Pit x 2 - 1 win 1 loss
Ott x 2 - 1 win 1 OT
Phi - 1 loss
Flo - 1 win
Wsh - 1 win
Win - 1 win

I am going with 15 points out of a possible 20

1 loss to Pitts, 1 loss to Phi and one OT loss to Ottawa just because their goalies play insanely good against the Bruins for whatever reason.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Bruins bought some room for error with that torrid start, but they really haven't played many "A" games yet.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bruins bought some room for error with that torrid start, but they really haven't played many "A" games yet.
That's also a good/bad thing.

Good cause it could even be better than 14-3-3 without the 4 blown leads (Buf x 2, Habs, Wsh) and better all around play.

Bad cause it raise some concern: will they be able to righten the ship? I say yes.

The Bruins seems to go throught the motion this year, just being happy to rack up pts and leading the Eastern conference in pts%. They'll probably end up in 1st place with home ice through all the first 3 rounds even if they keep up their "plenty of not A" games.

I have a good feeling we'll see the Bruins go full force come playoffs time knowing that they have the East all but wrapped up if they play up to their talent. This battle tested roster with a couple of additions before the deadline will be tough to beat. And we'll have another long playoffs run that may very well end up somewhere at the end of June with some champagne...

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
That's also a good/bad thing.

Good cause it could even be better than 14-3-3 without the 4 blown leads (Buf x 2, Habs, Wsh) and better all around play.

Bad cause it raise some concern: will they be able to righten the ship? I say yes.

The Bruins seems to go throught the motion this year, just being happy to rack up pts and leading the Eastern conference in pts%. They'll probably end up in 1st place with home ice through all the first 3 rounds even if they keep up their "plenty of not A" games.

I have a good feeling we'll see the Bruins go full force come playoffs time knowing that they have the East all but wrapped up if they play up to their talent. This battle tested roster with a couple of additions before the deadline will be tough to beat. And we'll have another long playoffs run that may very well end up somewhere at the end of June with some champagne...
I agree with this...but I do think they need some help... Go out and get Clowe...you cannot let him go to Montreal.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote