HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPNBoston.com : Chiarelli looking to improve

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 09:34 AM
  #626
Bruinsforlife89
Registered User
 
Bruinsforlife89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Krejci overrated? I'd say underrated . I won't be accusing u of anything cause your going on ignore
Come on. He only lead us in points on the way to the stanley cup. He makes lucic and horton better by getting them real easy scoring chances. Look at game 7 tampa.

The kid doesn't even know what the diff is in a top 9 and top 6 player. Lol

Bruinsforlife89 is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
  #627
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsforlife89 View Post
Come on. He only lead us in points on the way to the stanley cup. He makes lucic and horton better by getting them real easy scoring chances. Look at game 7 tampa.

The kid doesn't even know what the diff is in a top 9 and top 6 player. Lol
Pardon me You know everything about hockey. You should be the Bruins GM too. What makes is Chia going to make. You must know it all. Pardon me but i dont act like i know everything. I rather ask questions than assume and get it wrong. Plus i didnt even ask you the question anyways. I googled it but didnt get any definition for it. I know what a top 6 forward. Just not sure about a top 9 forward.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 09:45 AM
  #628
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 7,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I think the idea of replacing DK with a guy who will put up 60ish points with 40 of them being assists would be pointless (since that's what he does), but there's a big difference between a guy who can put up 40 goals with 20 assists and a player who puts up 20 goals with 40 assists. If they can get a player with elite goal scoring abilities, I'd probably make that move.
Fair enough. Fwiw, I like Nash and his game. I really don't like his cap hit and term.

I just don't think it's fair to say Chia missed out big time by not getting Nash. Not that it matters now anyway.

Rubber Biscuit is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 09:53 AM
  #629
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
Pardon me You know everything about hockey. You should be the Bruins GM too.
Man. I'm glad to see fresh blood in the forum.

Afam, I'm in no way a legitimate forum coach. But some words of advice. You can't ask a question like "what's an offside" in one thread and then say "krejci is sooooo overrated" the next day and expect people not to take issue with your comments.


Again, just some advice.

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 09:59 AM
  #630
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
Man. I'm glad to see fresh blood in the forum.

Afam, I'm in no way a legitimate forum coach. But some words of advice. You can't ask a question like "what's an offside" in one thread and then say "krejci is sooooo overrated" the next day and expect people not to take issue with your comments.


Again, just some advice.
Me asking that doesn't me im not qualified to judge any Bruins player, or not know the game of hockey. I know how many players on each time 5, what a powerply is. what roughing is, checking, slashing, hooking, icing, netural zone Etc.i can keep going. Im not going to justify my hockey knowledge too anyone. I know the game because i watch hockey constantly, ask questions and read up. That's the mistake people make, just because you ask your fellow bruins fan a question, you are deemed not to know hockey or less. I would never ask anyone a question again. I have learnt my lesson. I just google it.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
  #631
mich25
Registered User
 
mich25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
I don't know why but trading DK scares me…even if it is for a guy that can pop 40 goals. While DK is not your "typical elite" 1st line center his value is really good IMO. DK does frustrate me at times though too. Would rather trade Horton than Krejci for a top 6 upgrade, and that's even difficult to say for me. But do we even really need a top 6 upgrade? I don't think Peter is thinking that way at all.

I want to hear who you guys like for a 3rd line winger/center, and who do you like for some more help on defense? Any teams out there who could use/want our crap this year…Peverley, Boychuk, & Ference?

mich25 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:04 AM
  #632
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Uh, Lou, I think PC knows more about hockey than you do, so he's a far better judge of depth than you are. If you disagree, a Stanley Cup win says you're wrong...
I'm amazed the word "Harvard" somehow was not inserted.

Spooner st is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:06 AM
  #633
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 6,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Different, yes...but ultimately the same.

By same, I mean terrible.
I'll agree to disagree.

I think the team didn't play well last night as a whole (except for the Marchand, Bergeron, & Seguin line) and they made some terrible mistakes, most notably the Krejci back pass leading to the Canadiens goal, but I thought Kelly & Peverley looked good. Put them with a better winger, and I think they start clicking.

SPV is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
  #634
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,811
vCash: 500
Unless you're dealing DK for another center, why even discuss it?

Not the biggest DK fan sometimes. But, when it doesn't even make sense, it sounds disrespectful of the guy.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
  #635
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 10,651
vCash: 500
How do folks feel about Jagr on Kellys line? Could be that LH shot on the PP that they currently lack.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:11 AM
  #636
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
I don't know why but trading DK scares me…even if it is for a guy that can pop 40 goals. While DK is not your "typical elite" 1st line center his value is really good IMO. DK does frustrate me at times though too. Would rather trade Horton than Krejci for a top 6 upgrade, and that's even difficult to say for me. But do we even really need a top 6 upgrade? I don't think Peter is thinking that way at all.

I want to hear who you guys like for a 3rd line winger/center, and who do you like for some more help on defense? Any teams out there who could use/want our crap this year…Peverley, Boychuk, & Ference?
well said. for some reason trading krejci scares me too, but if it improves the team so be it. you summed up my thoughts perfectly.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:11 AM
  #637
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I'll agree to disagree.

I think the team didn't play well last night as a whole (except for the Marchand, Bergeron, & Seguin line) and they made some terrible mistakes, most notably the Krejci back pass leading to the Canadiens goal, but I thought Kelly & Peverley looked good. Put them with a better winger, and I think they start clicking.
Peverley looked fast, but that's just a product of his individual skill set. I don't think he and Kelly have really ever clicked at all this season. Whether it's because of the LW position or not, they've not looked very good IMO.

Agree to disagree, just a matter of opinion I s'pose.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:11 AM
  #638
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
How do folks feel about Jagr on Kellys line? Could be that LH shot on the PP that they currently lack.
he is just too old and not the same player he once was.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
  #639
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
Me asking that doesn't me im not qualified to judge any Bruins player, or not know the game of hockey. I know how many players on each time 5, what a powerply is. what roughing is, checking, slashing, hooking, icing, netural zone Etc.i can keep going. Im not going to justify my hockey knowledge too anyone. I know the game because i watch hockey constantly, ask questions and read up. That's the mistake people make, just because you ask your fellow bruins fan a question, you are deemed not to know hockey or less. I would never ask anyone a question again. I have learnt my lesson. I just google it.
my comments had little to do with how much you know and more to how you deliver it.

Its like me asking someone to explain how to change a flat tire, and then yelling at them for buying a ford. I could be right, fords might suck, and that other guy might just hit me over the head with the tire iron


To each his own, do whatever you want, and what makes you happy. Was just trying to give you a heads up

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
  #640
Kaoz*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsforlife89 View Post
Come on. He only lead us in points on the way to the stanley cup. He makes lucic and horton better by getting them real easy scoring chances. Look at game 7 tampa.

The kid doesn't even know what the diff is in a top 9 and top 6 player. Lol
You assume much and expect people to take it as fact.

I see it the other way, I think Lucic and Horton create the space Krejci needs and without them he's the one who's worse off. Julien knows exactly what he's doing keeping that line together imo, and there's a reason for it.

Look at last season before and after Horton went down. 38 points in 43 games with him (0.89 pts per game) and 24 points in 36 games without him (0.67 points per game)... and that's not including the playoffs in which he had 3 points 7 games.

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
  #641
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 10,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
he is just too old and not the same player he once was.
Recchi was deemed 'too old' also, he worked out well. Jagr isnt a speed demon, his game is (was) more puck control, & PP specialist. I admittedly havent watched him in a Dallas uniform this season, but he looked good with Philly last season.

Im not anticipating Chia going for a homerun acquisition, just a scoring threat who can compliment Kelly & Peverly and make that line a threat.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
  #642
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You assume much and expect people to take it as fact.

I see it the other way, I think Lucic and Horton create the space Krejci needs and without them he's the one who's worse off. Julien knows exactly what he's doing keeping that line together imo, and there's a reason for it.

Look at last season before and after Horton went down. 38 points in 43 games with him (0.89 pts per game) and 24 points in 36 games without him (0.67 points per game)... and that's not including the playoffs in which he had 3 points 7 games.
73 points with Wheeler and Ryder "creating space for him".

MTaylorJ1 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
  #643
bigbadbruins1966
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Brunswick,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Alfredsson or Briere,Iginla would've been a good addition a few years ago.I feel that he has lost a lot this year,other than his strong mentality motivation his legs and hands are not the same.
Alfie would not cost too much and weould be a good fit with the b's if they don't want to spend too much money and prospects.Briere would follow.
I'm still wondering what a player like ''YANDLE'' DEF or ''PERRY'' FW would make with the BRUINS ? And at what cost ???

bigbadbruins1966 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
  #644
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
73 points with Wheeler and Ryder "creating space for him".
Damn I forgot just how effective that WKR line was at times. I believe they were basically a 3rd line though weren't they? Perhaps their competition wasn't top notch.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:24 AM
  #645
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,161
vCash: 500
The two forwards I'd be targeting the heck out of would be Clowe and Briere. Even if it meant Peverley going the other way (I'd prefer Kelly but he won the full NTC raffle).

They need..something...on defense. Could be Streit although the talk that he's been playing hurt all season worries me. Could also be Krug

Clowe is a massive buy low and he's about to be a UFA. Briere is only going to waive his NTC to teams that will absolutely buy him out. So his market would be more limited than your typical deadline acquisition of his talent level.

Clowe-Kelly-Briere brings a little bit of everything and gives you two guys that could easily fill in top 6 if someone goes down.

MTaylorJ1 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM
  #646
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,931
vCash: 500
Can somebody explain how a Briere buyout would work, and what the cap implications may be? Say Boston trades for him, he finishes this season, Boston wins the cup of course, then they use a compliance buyout on Briere. What happens? What is Briere owed for cash from Boston, and what impact does it have on Boston's cap #

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM
  #647
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
my comments had little to do with how much you know and more to how you deliver it.

Its like me asking someone to explain how to change a flat tire, and then yelling at them for buying a ford. I could be right, fords might suck, and that other guy might just hit me over the head with the tire iron


To each his own, do whatever you want, and what makes you happy. Was just trying to give you a heads up
what i was saying had nothing to do with the topic. it is irrelevant to the topic being discussed. you can't compare me talking about krejci or any player be traded, or what moves chia should make to me asking what a top 9 foward is, 6 or another hockey terminologies. two separate topics. I wasn't yelling at anyone or belittling anyone. I was simply starting how no one on this team should not be deemed untouchable. I was using krejci as a example, but some people just insult you if you slight mention Krejci name on a trade.

What i meant by krejci is overrated as a player is not that he is overrated. it is the fact that some people here overrate him. They think he can do more than he is capable of while in reality he can't. I love Dougie as a player, but you dont see me saying he score 30 goals and 70 points or Seguin will score 40 goals. Im just a realistic person and i accept criticism on my favorite players. All im saying people shouldn't be throwing insults at fellow posters the moment a poster mentions a fellow posters favorite players getting traded. That's all. No matter how smart a person is, you can never stop learning.

Afam* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM
  #648
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
he is just too old and not the same player he once was.
If he was the same player he once was... NO ONE would suggest acquiring him for the 3rd line.

Spooner st is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
  #649
Kaoz*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
73 points with Wheeler and Ryder "creating space for him".
Are you saying Wheeler and Ryder don't create space?

And (a) it's not 5 years ago anymore, he's failed to replicate that success since (b) that was playing behind the clear #1 line of Savard, Lucic and Kessel.

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
  #650
bruinmann77
Registered User
 
bruinmann77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bronx ny
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 500
Do the Pens have cap room?

bruinmann77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.