Just what we need, another pmd that this system will ruin
Just bring up Krug from Prov.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Alan Ryan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I like Kelly as a LW. His lack of offensive skills holds Peverly back IMO. No puck possession at all. Dump and chase. Which is fine for a LW. But, I'd like my center to be able to handle the puck better and make some passes back and forth between him and Peverly. I think a LH shot center will help that line more than anything.

Spooner?

Old
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
[/B]

Spooner?
My dream somewhat realistic 3rd line for next year is Clowe-Spooner-Peverly

Old
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
three possibilities I'd say:

a) Horton
b) Marchand
c) Get Seguin to center that line.

All three would give the third line a legit goal scorer. It's not like our setup with Jagr (or any other additional top 6 winger) in the line-up would be strictly top-6/Bottom 6... still I'd say Marchy has desertved staying in the top 6, and Seguin has shaken off his slow start (dudewas flying yesterday). So I'd say Horton. Lucic and Krejci aren't the fastest players so Jagr can keep up, and you have Looch creating space and scoring goals, while Chechmates Krejci and jagr provide the skill.
I still feel Marchand on the 3rd line would be a smart move, provided they made a move for Briere, Alfredsson, or someone similarly offensively skilled. I don't view it as a demotion. I think it's exactly the opposite. I have so much confidence in Marchand that I think he will make that line an instant scoring threat. He will raise Kelly & Peverley's game and give us three lines that will put up points. I don't see it happening, though. I don't think that line will be broken up and I can see why. I just think it's worth a shot.

03-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Any offensive talent the Bruins try to put on Kelly's line will be nullified. Chris Kelly used up every ounce of offensive production he had left to get this sweet contract. Outside of his play in the other two zones, which is excellent, he has nothing left in the tank.
QFT
Kelly needs to go. He and Bourque are both hurting the third line. Bring up Spooner and trade for a good winger. Kelly is about $1.5 million overpaid.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:57 PM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
QFT
Kelly needs to go. He and Bourque are both hurting the third line. Bring up Spooner and trade for a good winger. Kelly is about $1.5 million overpaid.
Kelly is probably 1 million overpayment, but he is wearing out his welcome very fast. Peverely is not far behind.
Bourque- well that experiment should have ended a while ago.

Old
03-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Killer B
Honey Badger

Having aquired Brown, the Oilers are now heavy 1 forward....

Could a Magnus Paajarvi for Caron + work? Change of scenery could work well for both players and it would give the Oil some more size (that they appear the be searching for).

Old
03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
QFT
So... they're hurting Peverly?

I would say he hasn't exactly been stellar either, but then again most third lines in the NHL shouldn't be counted on for consistent offense either. The real question is how do they stack up to other 3rd lines?

It's a tough question to answer honestly because most teams don't have consistent players on their 3rd lines... but when you look at production from 3rd liners on the stronger teams are they really that far off production wise? In just about every case they're a damn site better defensive wise,

Old
03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
WBC8

In the playoffs gut feeling tells me that we will be happy Ference Peverley and Kelly are Bruins.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
So... they're hurting Peverly?

I would say he hasn't exactly been stellar either, but then again most third lines in the NHL shouldn't be counted on for consistent offense either. The real question is how do they stack up to other 3rd lines?

It's a tough question to answer honestly because most teams don't have consistent players on their 3rd lines... but when you look at production from 3rd liners on the stronger teams are they really that far off production wise? In just about every case they're a damn site better defensive wise,

I agree Kaoz. There is a lot of complaining here about the lack of offense from the third line, but I imagine the B's management would more concerned if they were not defensively responsible.

They didn't give Kelly a new contract with the expectation that he would score a lot of goals. They value his defensive ability, veteran smarts, leadership and hustle.

If Peverly, Kelly and whomever is the third member of the line manage to contribute some points that is a nice bonus. The organization hasn't found the right guy since Pouliot left the building. Hopefully it happens soon.

I would like them to try Kelly - Spooner - Peverly.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
[/B]

I agree Kaoz. There is a lot of complaining here about the lack of offense from the third line, but I imagine the B's management would more concerned if they were not defensively responsible.

They didn't give Kelly a new contract with the expectation that he would score a lot of goals. They value his defensive ability, veteran smarts, leadership and hustle.

If Peverly, Kelly and whomever is the third member of the line manage to contribute some points that is a nice bonus. The organization hasn't found the right guy since Pouliot left the building. Hopefully it happens soon.

That is where Spooner will be playing when he does get his shot. I don't mind giving it a look this year even though it seems like he needs a few more AHL games to me.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Nathan Horton. Would give Peverly and Kelly some size and skill to play with. Slide Jagr onto RW with Krejci/Lucic.
If Jagr was 5-7 years younger I would say yes to that idea.I don't think he still has what it takes to play with those two,particularly Krejci

Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
averagealex

Quote:
[/B]

Fair enough, but I'd at least like those guys to improve their +/-. If you're defensively responsible, I don't think maintaining a positive +/- is too much to ask. Last year, Kelly was a +33. Currently, he's -4 and pevs is -6. Defensive responsibility is a moot point if a line is still going negative, at least in my opinion.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
If Jagr was 5-7 years younger I would say yes to that idea.I don't think he still has what it takes to play with those two,particularly Krejci
He played with Hartnell and Giroux last year. If he can keep up with them, He shouldnt have a problem with lucic and krejci who play a slower game

Old
03-04-2013, 10:40 PM
thepootamis

hopefully with all the Bruins scouts out in the western area its a smoke screen to snag Weiss from Florida. would be alot cheaper to get than Iginla,Alfredson,etc

Old
03-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Would love Clutterbuck or Clowe

Old
03-05-2013, 05:50 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagealex View Post
Fair enough, but I'd at least like those guys to improve their +/-. If you're defensively responsible, I don't think maintaining a positive +/- is too much to ask. Last year, Kelly was a +33. Currently, he's -4 and pevs is -6. Defensive responsibility is a moot point if a line is still going negative, at least in my opinion.
You are exactly right. That line has not been defensively responsible. They cost us the game against the Habs.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:53 AM
remer

Quote:
[/B]

The stats highlights he problems this year.

3rd line - Peverely -6, Kelly -4, Bourque -4 = -14
4th line- Thorton -4, Campbell -3, Paille -1 = -8

3rd and 4th lines have been brutal this year.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:56 AM
bruins04

I have taken in a few stars games lately and Brenden Morrow can still play. I know his stats have come down in the last couple years, but he plays a brand of hockey we would appreciate. Since he is an impending ufa and i think Dallas will be going for both a culture change and a youth movement, a prospect and a pick might get it done. I know there are more attractive options, but I wouldn't mind this one bit. I would imagine his experience would be valued by Claude

Old
03-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
[/B]

Hmmm... Did you watch Peverly's defensive game in the last 3 games? Atrocious. Fact is: Peverly/Kelly are a disaster so far. They bring ZERO to the table and they turn the puck over, again and again, in the offensive zone. I think Chiarelli need to look seriously at this situation because the team can't win with 2 lines. They also need to upgrade at D if Ference doesn't wake up soon.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:15 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Would love Clutterbuck or Clowe
Been on the Clutterbuck kick for a few years now myself

Old
03-05-2013, 06:26 AM
corpfan1

Completely disagree.

They bring more to the table than most people realize. Our PK is #1 in the league for a reason.

You can never have enough Centers who can take faceoffs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Hmmm... Did you watch Peverly's defensive game in the last 3 games? Atrocious. Fact is: Peverly/Kelly are a disaster so far. They bring ZERO to the table and they turn the puck over, again and again, in the offensive zone. I think Chiarelli need to look seriously at this situation because the team can't win with 2 lines. They also need to upgrade at D if Ference doesn't wake up soon.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Completely disagree.

They bring more to the table than most people realize. Our PK is #1 in the league for a reason.

We know one thing, we sure don`t want to see big Z take another draw

Old
03-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Completely disagree.

Sadly, you win hockey games by scoring goals. Defense is one part of the game. If this 3rd line can't score, the Bruins cannot contend for the Cup. It's simple as that.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:02 AM
pgm16

& you can't win a Stanley Cup playoff series, let alone a Stanley Cup Final without scoring on a power play !!...

Closed Thread