Old
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
DoubleAAAA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepootamis View Post
love to see King on the Bruins. brings grit and scoring ability to the 3rd line
King has 6 career NHL goals.

Grit, definitely ... scoring ... not so much.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:28 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
King has 6 career NHL goals.

Grit, definitely ... scoring ... not so much.
over Bourque would be a upgrade . But would grab him so Thorton could have nights off

Old
03-05-2013, 04:33 PM
patty59

Quote:
over Bourque would be a upgrade . But would grab him so Thorton could have nights off
Are you thinking DJ King?

Old
03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I think he's talking about the one that's going to make Spooner turn the PP into a powerhouse
that would be Don Sweeney and Jim Benning....I guess Chiarelli can trump those two, we'll see

Old
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Are you thinking DJ King?
yeah aren't they the same guy? DJ is his nickname i thought

Old
03-05-2013, 04:38 PM
patty59

Quote:
yeah aren't they the same guy? DJ is his nickname i thought
They are brothers.

Dwight is big, but doesn't fight much

Old
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
But the worst deal he ever made was Johnny Blaze!
Calgary traded Brett Hull for Rob Ramage but Ramage was a very solid defenseman- sort of Seidenbergish, and Hull was nothing

but Calgary made up for it when they traded Joe Nieuwendyk for Jermone Iginla at the time just a prospect

so it works out- you give up Hull and he goes on to score 700 goals, but devil returns the favor and gets you Jerome Iginla.

atleast the Flames getting Ramage and the Stars getting Nieuwendyk had them longer than 15 regular season games and whatever playoffs

the ones that irked me were Reggie Leach and Rick McLeish in separate deals for decent players (Walton was a third liner capable of playing second but was part of the Eagleson stable and where the trade was hatched) and Carol Vandais was a figment of the great Sam Pollack drafting machine. He was a decent player but very overrated. Leach and MacLeish were the 3rd and 4th overall picks in a strong draft.

Had Boston kept them (and MacLeish was told at OK City he would not be traded) the Bruins would have won probably 8-10 Cups instead of two.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
cat400

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Calgary traded Brett Hull for Rob Ramage but Ramage was a very solid defenseman- sort of Seidenbergish, and Hull was nothing

but Calgary made up for it when they traded Joe Nieuwendyk for Jermone Iginla at the time just a prospect

so it works out- you give up Hull and he goes on to score 700 goals, but devil returns the favor and gets you Jerome Iginla.

atleast the Flames getting Ramage and the Stars getting Nieuwendyk had them longer than 15 regular season games and whatever playoffs

the ones that irked me were Reggie Leach and Rick McLeish in separate deals for decent players (Walton was a third liner capable of playing second but was part of the Eagleson stable and where the trade was hatched) and Carol Vandais was a figment of the great Sam Pollack drafting machine. He was a decent player but very overrated. Leach and MacLeish were the 3rd and 4th overall picks in a strong draft.

Had Boston kept them (and MacLeish was told at OK City he would not be traded) the Bruins would have won probably 8-10 Cups instead of two.
Those moves still irk me to this day.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

The Flames undid the Hull mistake with St. Louis by getting Doug Gilmour for Mike Bullard only months later.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
remer

[QUOTE=sjaustin77;61016937]The Bruins are not only a Stanley Cup Contender, but a favorite without making one move at all. Currently 3rd in Vegas odds behind only Chicago & Pittsburgh.

2nd in the league in Point %.
2nd in goal differential. (Most important thing in winning).
1st in PK.
1st in Faceoffs.
9th in Goals for per game
4th in Goals against per game
5th in 5 on 5 differential
2nd in shots for per game
8th in shots against per game
2nd in shots for/against differential

All of this knowing they haven't played their best.

The Bruins have 1 weakness - the Powerplay - and it is the least important thing in winning than everything I mentioned above.[/QUOTE]

A few things that are hard to agree with.

They lack a pure goal scorer.
They need someone to quarterback the powerplay.
They have a need for a third line LW.
They could use another strong defenseman.
They need some reinforcements in case of injuries.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagealex View Post
Fair enough, but I'd at least like those guys to improve their +/-. If you're defensively responsible, I don't think maintaining a positive +/- is too much to ask. Last year, Kelly was a +33. Currently, he's -4 and pevs is -6. Defensive responsibility is a moot point if a line is still going negative, at least in my opinion.

You're right. Kelly and Peverly/the third line are not playing up to their standard. But it seems like the line has been incomplete since the season began.

I'm hoping the Bruins find the right partner for K & P soon and that their overall effectiveness improves substantially.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
hopefully with all the Bruins scouts out in the western area its a smoke screen to snag Weiss from Florida. would be alot cheaper to get than Iginla,Alfredson,etc

I read today that Weiss is having wrist surgery and is out for the season.

https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/stat...70904975712257

Old
03-05-2013, 05:53 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
I read today that Weiss is having wrist surgery and is out for the season.

https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/stat...70904975712257
i know i heard earlier. thought he would have been perfect fit. wouldn't have cost much to get either

Old
03-05-2013, 05:58 PM
sjaustin77

[QUOTE=remer;61023715]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
The Bruins are not only a Stanley Cup Contender, but a favorite without making one move at all. Currently 3rd in Vegas odds behind only Chicago & Pittsburgh.

1st in PK.
1st in Faceoffs.

The Bruins have 1 weakness - the Powerplay - and it is the least important thing in winning than everything I mentioned above.[/QUOTE]

A few things that are hard to agree with.

They lack a pure goal scorer.
They need someone to quarterback the powerplay.
They have a need for a third line LW.
They could use another strong defenseman.
They need some reinforcements in case of injuries.
Shake your head all you want, I've done the research. Powerplay is less important for a cup winner and cup finalists than everything I mentioned. The B's winning % and Vegas disagree with you that the Bruins aren't already a cup favorite nevermind contender.

As to your things that are hard to agree with.

You don't need a pure goal scorer to win and Marchand and Seguin are just fine in that regard.
Hamilton can QB the powerplay and again it isn't that important compared to everything else the B's do well.
Most teams could use a better 3rd liner. What they are scoring this year is what 3rd lines usually do.
All teams could use another strong defenseman.
All teams need reinforcements in case of injuries.

The Bruins are just as well prepared if someone goes down as anyone else. They are a cup favorite right now without making a single move. 3rd by Vegas odds. 2nd by Pts %.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
The Bruins are not only a Stanley Cup Contender, but a favorite without making one move at all. Currently 3rd in Vegas odds behind only Chicago & Pittsburgh.

1st in PK.
1st in Faceoffs.

The Bruins have 1 weakness - the Powerplay - and it is the least important thing in winning than everything I mentioned above.

Thanks for the logic and reason you bring to these discussions. Every year I look at goal differential as an indicator of where the Bruins are in relation to other teams. It always works.

The Bruins are a strong team right now, whether or not they make adjustments to the line-up. Some tweaking could help but they certainly don't need any major changes.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
DKH

The Bruins are a legit Cup contender right now- however, the injury bug is the only thing that can derail them....they could beat anyone in a 7 game series starting right now

to me, it is about getting a couple of legit NHL responsible bottom 6 guys like Matt Hendricks who can put a constant beating on the defense and wear them down while playing well so the Bruins top 6 can take over the game

does anyone remember the ass kicking those bottom tier guys the Caps had last year did to Boston in the playoffs....that is what we need. If Chris Bourque is not a top 9 then I'm sorry he's really not a bottom 6 (fuzzy math but you know what I mean) in a game of no check Chris Bourque would school Matt Hendricks but I hate to say it, I'd do that deal in 2 seconds

I want our 4th line to be big, strong, heavy on the puck, responsible- I want 4 into 3...and Paille can be a swing guy....also sure the Kelly line has struggled but they were all over Montreal for a the first two periods and Kelly was set up with 2 great chances he got posts...and Peverely had a super chance he'd score more than not.

forget the damn statues and get a damn animal back there who is going to rock the other teams defense like the Caps did in the playoff to ours

how can people forget this- stars are great to look at on summer nights, but give me a bunch pack of wolves who have strength and will come at teams from every conceivable angle

Old
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Pens sign Tom Kostopolous and place him on waivers. Interest?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
remer

[QUOTE=sjaustin77;61027231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

Shake your head all you want, I've done the research. Powerplay is less important for a cup winner and cup finalists than everything I mentioned. The B's winning % and Vegas disagree with you that the Bruins aren't already a cup favorite nevermind contender.

As to your things that are hard to agree with.

You don't need a pure goal scorer to win and Marchand and Seguin are just fine in that regard.
Hamilton can QB the powerplay and again it isn't that important compared to everything else the B's do well.
Most teams could use a better 3rd liner. What they are scoring this year is what 3rd lines usually do.
All teams could use another strong defenseman.
All teams need reinforcements in case of injuries.

The Bruins are just as well prepared if someone goes down as anyone else. They are a cup favorite right now without making a single move. 3rd by Vegas odds. 2nd by Pts %.
Well you go ahead and bet your earnings on the Bruins as they stand today and see what happens.

The point is that there are holes in the line-up and if you think that Chia doesn't make some changes you are fooling yourself.
Bourque is not the third line answer.
Where is the depth on this team? Pandolfo????????
The PP can change a game and it is a major problem. It has been for a few years now. I blame Ward for that.
Other tema will improve for a Stanley Cup run and so will the Bruins.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
bb_fan

Energy or skill.

Target someone who brings alot of skill and is affordable or an enetgy type hitting machine and make it happen.

Sooner rather than later.

Dont wait. Make one or the other happen.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

This team is perfect!

The third line is perfect!

Old
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

[QUOTE=remer;61047575]
Quote:

Well you go ahead and bet your earnings on the Bruins as they stand today and see what happens.

The point is that there are holes in the line-up and if you think that Chia doesn't make some changes you are fooling yourself.
Bourque is not the third line answer.
Where is the depth on this team? Pandolfo????????
The PP can change a game and it is a major problem. It has been for a few years now. I blame Ward for that.
Other tema will improve for a Stanley Cup run and so will the Bruins.
Perfect.
/thread.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
2014 Bruins turned me into South Shore Kings fan
Old
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
bigcat188

What the heck is he waiting for?
To many passengers on this team.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Shaun

Chris Kelly's nickname should be 50 Cent since they both got rich and stopped trying.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:06 PM
DKH

How'd Hendricks do?

Old
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
patty59

Bruins should try to slip Kelly into the Iginla trade.

Closed Thread