HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Pitt's Best #87 #66

vCash: 500
@Dejan_Kovacevic: I just asked Bylsma to clarify if Malkin had headaches, disorientation at any point. He said Malkin hasn't had them at any point. #TribHKY

Old
02-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Old
02-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Damn. I was under the impression that Malkin was clinically brain-dead.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt's Best #87 #66 View Post
@Dejan_Kovacevic: I just asked Bylsma to clarify if Malkin had headaches, disorientation at any point. He said Malkin hasn't had them at any point. #TribHKY
So then why is he ruled out tonight? Just being cautious? Did he hurt his back when he hit the boards?

Don't get me wrong, I'd just as soon they sit him for a game or two even if he's having no symptoms of anything at all. That's not usually how they do things though AFAIK.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
So then why is he ruled out tonight? Just being cautious? Did he hurt his back when he hit the boards?

Don't get me wrong, I'd just as soon they sit him for a game or two even if he's having no symptoms of anything at all. That's not usually how they do things though AFAIK.
Let's not let our imaginations run wild again.

He hit the boards pretty good...might just be sore. It happens.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

How does the Trib continue to employ that guy with a straight face? Un****ingbelievable.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Damn. I was under the impression that Malkin was clinically brain-dead.
out at least 6 weeks. trade for a center pronto

Old
02-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:

My imagination isn't running anywhere, that's why I phrased it in the form of a question. And by 'hurting his back' I meant was it sore, not was he paralyzed. I probably could have phrased it better.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
My imagination isn't running anywhere, that's why I phrased it in the form of a question. And by 'hurting his back' I meant was it sore, not was he paralyzed. I probably could have phrased it better.
Yeah my bad. I'm getting used to overreaction around here.

The rapid fire questions looked typically HF manic, haha.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
KIRK

Quote:

I remember him taking some pretty brutal shots in his rookie year, two (I think against the Isles and Bruins) where he got knocked out of the game and you would've sworn it was a concussion.

That said, all we can deduce at this point was pretty well summarized by Jesse Spector in a tweet:

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector
If Malkin doesn't have a concussion after that kind of impact, it's only going to reinforce the hypothesis that he's a cyborg.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:58 AM
cheesedanish87

I was one and maybe the only one who thought rossi was right with his article on malkin still not sure to be honest rossi just did a RT he sounds like hes sticking to his story

Old
02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
HMPens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
How is Rossi still considered "Pens Insider" and beat reporter? He actually makes appearances on NHL network as such, meantime, he is less responsible than any local media. At

least the PG never posts or prints anything until confirmed.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

So at what point do the Pens ban Rossi from the locker room?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:01 PM
KIRK

Quote:
His back did hit pretty hard . . . I just ******* hope they err on the side of caution. If there is any doubt-- even the slightest inkling-- don't risk it.

The parallels to Sid-- not necessarily in the gravity-- are just too eerie at this point. Vicious hit. Ruled not to be a concussion. Two days later, a game against Tampa . . .

Old
02-24-2013, 12:01 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
You see, this is why Rossi is a complete hack. Nothing but a Shock Jock journalist.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

IF Bylsma is telling the truth - and I'm forced to believe that the Penguins know how serious concussions are and wouldn't lie or fib - Rossi should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into space. What a loser.

By the way, disorientation is a weird thing. I once fell 10 ft onto my back. I couldn't walk straight for a month, literally. Was I disoriented? No... my back hurt. Unless Rossi was in the evaluation room...

Old
02-24-2013, 12:03 PM
leafspensfan

Wow, Rossi looks like a ****ing idiot now

Old
02-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

So DB told two other Pens beat reporters Malkin had not experienced headaches or disorientation.

Rossi is sticking to his story.

Someone has to be lying, obviously.

Sad thing is, I'm not sure which guy to believe after the Crosby concussion problems.

Old
JordanStaal#1Fan

If Bylsma is telling the truth, I should sue Rossi so I can get back all the water I've lost from all the crying I've done in the past two days.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
So at what point do the Pens ban Rossi from the locker room?
Maybe I'm not recalling correctly, but when the lockout ended or just before it ended, didn't Rossi tweet something 'authoritative' about Malkin's plans to return immediately, and it instigated the whole 'why isn't he here yet' thing for about a week. I don't speak Russian, but I saw some people note that Malkin actually tweeted himself about being wrong.

Rossi is . . . well, he's Rossi. If there had been symptoms at any point, then I can't comprehend, after Sid, how there's any way the Pens organization would be entertaining, on even the smallest level, Geno being evaluated again before today's game with a consideration of his playing.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Everyone who gives a **** about accurate reporting (sports, politics or otherwise -- it's all part of the same ethic and process), let the Trib Live editors know what you think of Rossi and his fabricated BS. Enough with the unnamed sources so he can appear to "have a scoop" and get his clicks. This guy is dog ****.

http://tribtotalmedia.com/contact/form

Old
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
cheesedanish87

considering @RobRossi_Trib closeness to @malkin71_ why is it automatic to assume Bylsma is telling media scrum the truth?

That was a RT from rossi. If DB is telling the truth whats wrong with malkin then? He said they haven't ruled out a concussion but hes not having symptoms right now? Something just doesen't make sense to me.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

I dunno, Rossi positions himself as having some kind of inside track on Malkin. Like they're bff's or something. I'll still take the coach's word for it since he has little to gain from lying and Rossi has a lot, in the form of page hits.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
So DB told two other Pens beat reporters Malkin had not experienced headaches or disorientation.

Rossi is sticking to his story.

Sad thing is, I'm not sure which guy to believe after the Crosby concussion problems.
That's why I'm going with Jesse Spector's 'Malkin is a cyborg' theory. Only possible way to explain that both are telling the truth.

Other one is Malkin got rocked pretty good. He's taken similarly brutal bangs his rookie year that knocked him out of games only to come back the next game.

I would think that you could be disoriented from a huge hit without being concussed. The headaches part is a different story. Then again, Rossi could've been right about the disorientation and wrong about the headaches.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
There's really no reason to believe Rossi. If Bylsma had been caught lying about Crosby's symptoms or progress or whatnot then you could suggest it. There's no reason for Bylsma to lie. It's not like if he is hurt, there is any secret about which part of his body is hurt. This isn't "hiding a knee injury that might be a foot injury", etc.

If it walks like a Hack Journalist, Talks like a Hack Journalist and gets caught with his pants down like a Hack Journalist... chances are it's a Hack Journalist.

Closed Thread