HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 11:21 PM
SirBrad

vCash: 500
it sucks but hopefully he's back in a few weeks. Doesn't sound too grim yet.

Gives other guys a chance to step up. I actually liked the lines somewhat tonight.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Jacob

That's pretty damn good news, if you ask me.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:22 PM
HeroicKaizer
I am Legend

I saw somewhere and it said that Geno doesn't have headaches and the team is just taking a precaution and hes going through checks. I guess thats better. They dont want to let him come back and he gets hit again. Last thing we need is another Concussion saga. Hope he comes back soon and we can make a run for the Cup.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:32 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
Bylsma said that Malkin will not be joining the team TO START the upcoming 3-game road trip - So he is not initially travelling with the team, but that does not mean he would miss the ENTIRE roadtrip, necessarily.

Bylsma QUOTE: GENO will not be starting with us on the trip.

Source:KDKA News

Don't listen to the POST Gazette or the TRIB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
That's not a bad suggestion, Dr JimmyTwoTimes.

Quote just posted said ON the road trip. It did not say TO START. Was this incorrect reporting.

Sources tell me that the short term memory loss was confirmed when team doctors asked Malkin 'is Rossi a ******' and Malkin indicated that he wasn't sure . . . K5.
Yes, surprise the reporting was incorrect!

Old
02-24-2013, 11:40 PM
schommer75

I got nailed pretty good in football once had no headache or anything, just rung my bell really
come friday I was starting with the big boys, 2nd series I nailed a kid hard in the ear hole, I don't remember much of that night but apparently when I came to and the trainer asked me what month it was I answered banana

Moral of the story better safe than waking up in month banana

Old
02-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
Bylsma QUOTE: GENO will not be starting with us on the trip.

Source:KDKA News

Don't listen to the POST Gazette or the TRIB.

Yes, surprise the reporting was incorrect!
Dude he isn't joining the team on the road trip. It's on the Penguins twitter account and on their website.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

“After the hit Evgeni suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion,” Bylsma said. “He’s had no other symptoms. He’s feeling fine and his memory is returning.”

Malkin will not accompany the team on their upcoming three-game road trip to Florida, Carolina and Montreal.

Bylsma noted earlier Sunday that Malkin has not suffered any headaches or disorientation at any point after the hit. "

Old
02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Rob Rossi.... incredible.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stad View Post
Dude he isn't joining the team on the road trip. It's on the Penguins twitter account and on their website.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

“After the hit Evgeni suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion,” Bylsma said. “He’s had no other symptoms. He’s feeling fine and his memory is returning.”

Malkin will not accompany the team on their upcoming three-game road trip to Florida, Carolina and Montreal.

Bylsma noted earlier Sunday that Malkin has not suffered any headaches or disorientation at any point after the hit. "
I'm sorry to inform you as well as the rest of the world, but TWITTER is not the only source.

listen to Bylsma's actual words here:
http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videoc...207089&lang=en

Old
02-25-2013, 03:05 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I've had 7 concusisons in my life...and 5 of them were much like that one.

One or two mild symptoms for a couple days and that was that. Well, 4 of them were like that. The 5th one came after my second major concussion so I had PCS for a good year. Malkin doesn't have the concussion history that I do - I don't think he's going to be out for too long unless he starts feeling delayed symptoms...but they probably would have popped up by now.

I'm taking this as good news. He obviously had a concussion, I'm more relieved about the symptoms. Most people don't realize just how easy it is to get a concussion and just how minor the extreme majority of them are. This is a classic 'bell rung' type of play that players just played through in years past.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Random Oracle

vCash: 50
Doesn't sound too bad, overall. I'm also glad the organization is learning to play things safe as these next few games are by no means critical.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Bengui

If this is gonna be the official Malkin's injury thread, could you update the OP with the relevant links so we don't have to dig through the whole thread to get an update ?

Old
02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
spizzle420

I'm not sure how being diagnosed with a concussion and memory loss is an optimistic thing... it could be worse? so rossi wasn't that off?

Old
02-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Rob Rossi.... uncredible.
Fixed.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spizzle420 View Post
I'm not sure how being diagnosed with a concussion and memory loss is an optimistic thing... it could be worse? so rossi wasn't that off?
It could be much worse. Headaches, blurred vision, light sensitivity, vertigo, balance issues, disorientation to name a few.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:40 AM
steelrazor

Some of you people need to get a grip. How does what Rossi says impact the injury? It dosent. Malkin will be back when he can no matter what anyone reports true or false.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrazor View Post
Some of you people need to get a grip. How does what Rossi says impact the injury? It dosent. Malkin will be back when he can no matter what anyone reports true or false.
Some people like to believe that an article that claims to be news will be an accurate depiction of an event or occurrence. There's nothing defensible about sensationalistic journalism.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
People, Rossi is like Freddy Krueger. If you stop clicking his links and don't follow his Twitter, he will disappear.
I've tried to suggest this many times in the past but people's curiosity always gets the better of them, especially around deadline time. Hopefully this incident will change some people's behavior. Injury reports were about the ONLY stories of his I bothered reading anymore and now that's history too.

From Kasan this morning and not Rossi:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Let's hope they keep that trend going on the Pens site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
That's pretty damn good news, if you ask me.
Agreed. About the best we could hope for. I assume at this point if there was any kind of structural neck injury we would've heard about it by now.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:55 AM
vikingGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrazor View Post
it doesn't obviously. it's just beyond disbelief that Rossi is never taken to task by his bosses for posting falsehoods. He tweeted out that Malkin had headaches and dizzy/had trouble walking. All of which apparently are completely false.

On another note, while there is no replacing a MVP / generational talent that is Malkin at least this might give jeffrey a chance to prove himself. I think we might come out of this better off long term. We will play better defensively and the experience that others are getting while he is out will be invaluable down the road. (trying to look at the bright side).

Old
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Terrapin

So Rossi was right all along?

Old
02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Great so no Malkin on Saturday night

Old
02-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Corsi Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
That is the first thing I thought.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
No. He was definitively WRONG. Malkin never experienced the symptoms Rossi said he did. The concussion was diagnosed only because of memory loss according to last night's update, not because he had headaches, dizziness, etc.

Basically Rossi guessed and invented sources that didn't exist. If they did, surely they can't all be doctors with a patient confidentiality thing going, and he would likely name at least one of them to cover his "good name" / not take the fall for someone else's BS.

Rossi guessed (maybe he overheard someone talking about "Geno doesn't remember hitting the boards" around the lockerroom) and in guessing picked the wrong symptoms to report and named sources that weren't actually talking to him.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Dupree13

I'll go out on a limb and say that it's probably just as likely that DB is lying or fabricating as it is that Rossi was lying. The lynching of Rossi here is swinging way too far the other way.

The main charge against Rossi is that he indulges rumor and innuendo. Which he clearly does. But it's different to report something as a fact with no basis. I'm sure that a legitimate source actually told him exactly what he reported.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
PenguinTommy

Severe headaches, my a$$ ....

It's a good news, IMO. Take your time Geno .. take your time !

Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Jacob

Quote:
I am completely baffled as to how anyone could come to that conclusion.

Closed Thread