HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 05:11 PM
  #976
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Broken jaw means from 4 to 6 weeks of rehab. Petr Nedved suffered it in the playoffs in Czech league and played after one week of rehab, though not 100%..

Hopefully it´s not the case here, but even if it is, it´s not the end of the world. Sid will be ready for the playoffs, say the least.
people have played other sports with a broken jaw before, so I'm not sure what the differences in situations are. I would say, "we just need to wait and hear' but this team never tells us anything.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:12 PM
  #977
shureshot66
Global Moderator
 
shureshot66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
It was scheduled at the beginning of the season. The Penguins, like all teams wearing an alternate jersey, are contractually obligated to wear them at least 6 times this year.

Tuesday will be the last time they'll be worn before they're thrown to the mothballs.
That sucks. Thought they swapped one of the dates around so today was the last time wearing them. Oh well.

shureshot66 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  #978
FDBluth
Registered User
 
FDBluth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
It would be nice if Sid could actually win a scoring title one of these seasons, instead of leading the league by a wide margin only to get hurt and someone wins by default with him out.

Hopefully he doesn't miss more than about a week.
Should still win the Hart in any event.

FDBluth is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  #979
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,522
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
Should still win the Hart in any event.
I don't know ... he'd have only played in 36 of 48 games. That's like a player playing in around 60 to 65 games in a normal schedule. How often does a player playing that few games get the Hart, if a guy with similar stats (albeit in more games) is also an option?

Or are you assuming he might miss a couple of weeks, but be back in time to play maybe 6 or 7 more games in the regular season?

Sidney the Kidney is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  #980
OnMyOwn
Extremist
 
OnMyOwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: State College
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
His jaw isn't broken...no freakin way. He got teeth knocked out and some stitches.

He could be back Tuesday if that's the case

OnMyOwn is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  #981
HuskerTornado
Waiting for October
 
HuskerTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 12,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
It was scheduled at the beginning of the season. The Penguins, like all teams wearing an alternate jersey, are contractually obligated to wear them at least 6 times this year.

Tuesday will be the last time they'll be worn before they're thrown to the mothballs.
Seems like they've been worn 10 times already this year.

HuskerTornado is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
  #982
PensFanSince1989
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I don't know ... he'd have only played in 36 of 48 games. That's like a player playing in around 60 to 65 games in a normal schedule. How often does a player playing that few games get the Hart, if a guy with similar stats (albeit in more games) is also an option?

Or are you assuming he might miss a couple of weeks, but be back in time to play maybe 6 or 7 more games in the regular season?
I'm not sure why you seem to be acting as if he's going to be missing any significant amount of time. Nothing the team has said has indicated that yet.

PensFanSince1989 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
  #983
Fordy
the kid signify
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14,060
vCash: 500
They would have said if he had a broken jaw. He lost teeth and had some stitches. He'll be back Tuesday.

Fordy is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
  #984
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
They would have said if he had a broken jaw. He lost teeth and had some stitches. He'll be back Tuesday.
I'm not sure. Bylsma was asked if it was the Jaw and didn't say no. (Didn't say yes, either, but the fact that he gave his typical Disco Answer makes me think that "maybe" is the word)

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
  #985
PensFanSince1989
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
They would have said if he had a broken jaw. He lost teeth and had some stitches. He'll be back Tuesday.
Yeah, I doubt he has a broken jaw. Only thing I think they may be waiting on is to see if he develops any headaches, nausea, etc, symptoms of a condition that I won't make.

PensFanSince1989 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
  #986
Fordy
the kid signify
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'm not sure. Bylsma was asked if it was the Jaw and didn't say no. (Didn't say yes, either, but the fact that he gave his typical Disco Answer makes me think that "maybe" is the word)
I didn't see any of that, does anyone have the exact quote?

Fordy is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
  #987
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 10,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I didn't see any of that, does anyone have the exact quote?
I don't have the exact quote but there's not much to interpret about it.

He was asked if "oral surgery" meant teeth, jaw, or both and he basically just said he didn't know.

bathroomSTAAL is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
  #988
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I didn't see any of that, does anyone have the exact quote?
I will find it for you if you give me time to go through my twitter feed

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
  #989
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,992
vCash: 500
If he's already having surgery it seems to me that a broken jaw would be something they'd check for before prying his jaws open and poking around in his mouth. Maybe not.

Edit: Is jaw surgery considered oral surgery? I've had jaw surgery (albeit not for a broken jaw) and it was not performed by an oral surgeon.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
  #990
The Angry Pirate
Registered User
 
The Angry Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
It depends if they wire his jaw shut or not. Roethlisberger didn't have his jaw wired shut when he was in his accident so it was a shorter recovery.

The Angry Pirate is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:26 PM
  #991
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,522
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
I'm not sure why you seem to be acting as if he's going to be missing any significant amount of time. Nothing the team has said has indicated that yet.
Because it's Sidney Crosby and we've already seen he doesn't exactly have a lot of luck with his injuries. They don't ever seem to be of the "miss 2 games" variety (high ankle sprain and concussion both effectively curtailed two potential MVP/scoring title seasons).

Besides, I'd rather panic and expect the worst and be wrong, rather than think, "meh, he'll be back Tuesday" and he ends up out until the playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:26 PM
  #992
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,682
vCash: 500
Injury tweets of note:

Bylsma unsure if Crosby's jaw is involved in surgery
https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/st...92417402277889

While there don't seem to be major concerns about a Crosby concussion, it sounds as if that possibility hasn't really been checked yet.
https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/statu...96507175849984

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
  #993
HuskerTornado
Waiting for October
 
HuskerTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 12,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
I don't have the exact quote but there's not much to interpret about it.

He was asked if "oral surgery" meant teeth, jaw, or both and he basically just said he didn't know.
http://penguins.nhl.com/
>Post-Game 3/30 Tab
>>Bylsma

HuskerTornado is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:29 PM
  #994
The Angry Pirate
Registered User
 
The Angry Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
If he's already having surgery it seems to me that a broken jaw would be something they'd check for before prying his jaws open and poking around in his mouth. Maybe not.

Edit: Is jaw surgery considered oral surgery? I've had jaw surgery (albeit not for a broken jaw) and it was not performed by an oral surgeon.
Yes a broken jaw is considered oral surgery. It's a very lengthy surgery as well. Depending on where the break is they will decide if its best to wire it shut or use plates. Plates mean a couple weeks. Wire means 6-8 weeks maybe 4-6.

Edit: And he yes he would have been x-ray'd at the arena as well as the ER before being brought to operating room. So they would have known his jaw broken before he even made it to the OR's

The Angry Pirate is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:30 PM
  #995
plaidchuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
We all have to remember this is the NHL where they don't have to disclose any info about an injury until they deem it appropriate. Sadly this is how things goes go from "day to day xyz-body injury" to extended IR time. Really wish the league was like the NFL in this regard, just put it to us straight instead of being stuck wondering forever.

plaidchuck is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
  #996
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
We all have to remember this is the NHL where they don't have to disclose any info about an injury until they deem it appropriate. Sadly this is how things goes go from "day to day xyz-body injury" to extended IR time. Really wish the league was like the NFL in this regard, just put it to us straight instead of being stuck wondering forever.
You think the NFL "Probable - Shoulder" is better??

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:33 PM
  #997
Stad
@Malkin2Horny
 
Stad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,659
vCash: 500
I doubt he even misses a game tbh.

Stad is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:33 PM
  #998
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,710
vCash: 500
At the limit. Continue here.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1390091

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.