HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread XV: Too Deep For You

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 12:28 AM
  #526
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,477
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Once I used the whole ''You talkin to me?'' scene from Taxi Driver as my voicemail message.
Taxi Driver is my all time favorite movie.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:30 AM
  #527
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 37,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Taxi Driver is my all time favorite movie.
I have a love hate relationship with it. I have the DVD, but I haven't watched it in 4 or 5 years. I can't watch it too many times.

Supposedly they've been talking about making the sequel for about 8 years now. Like 2 years ago they were supposedly filming it. Don't know what happened there. A 70 year old Travis Bickel though would be interesting. I don't want a sequel though.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:31 AM
  #528
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
I need no ones love.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:31 AM
  #529
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50



Too much?

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #530
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,661
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post



Too much?
couldn't even get the colors in the background

__________________
Krampus is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #531
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,477
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I have a love hate relationship with it. I have the DVD, but I haven't watched it in 4 or 5 years. I can't watch it too many times.

Supposedly they've been talking about making the sequel for about 8 years now. Like 2 years ago they were supposedly filming it. Don't know what happened there. A 70 year old Travis Bickel though would be interesting. I don't want a sequel though.
I would love for them to expand upon the universe but cast someone else as a young Travis Bickle. I'm not sure exactly how much De Niro would be able to do in his age.

I too own the DVD set. Don't take this the wrong way, but the movie is rather easy to identify with as young man. Well, it makes sense to me at least. I'm not calling it a coming of age piece by any means, but I feel I can relate in a sense minus the murdering of course.

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
  #532
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
couldn't even get the colors in the background
I am...of no sound mind to be making avatars let alone fixing color backgrounds.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
  #533
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,661
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post



Too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
couldn't even get the colors in the background
Fixed it


Krampus is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
  #534
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 37,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I would love for them to expand upon the universe but cast someone else as a young Travis Bickle. I'm not sure exactly how much De Niro would be able to do in his age.

I too own the DVD set. Don't take this the wrong way, but the movie is rather easy to identify with as young man. Well, it makes sense to me at least. I'm not calling it a coming of age piece by any means, but I feel I can relate in a sense minus the murdering of course.
Haha I was young once too Bob. In fact the movie came out about a week after I was born!

I watched it for the first time when I was probably 4 years old. I did like it a lot more when I was younger though. I'm more of a Goodfellas guy now. I think Taxi Driver was one of my favorites when I was like 16-20 though.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:36 AM
  #535
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,661
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I am...of no sound mind to be making avatars let alone fixing color backgrounds.
i just posted it

http://pixlr.com/editor/

all you need to do is use the eyedropper on the grey, and use the paintbucket

Krampus is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
  #536
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,477
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha I was young once too Bob. In fact the movie came out about a week after I was born!

I watched it for the first time when I was probably 4 years old. I did like it a lot more when I was younger though. I'm more of a Goodfellas guy now.
Based on the state of whatever goes on in my head sometimes, I understand Travis way better than I should.

My mother took notice and was adamant that I didn't get any ideas and she told me, "Remove the word Mohawk from your vocabulary".

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM
  #537
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
i just posted it

http://pixlr.com/editor/

all you need to do is use the eyedropper on the grey, and use the paintbucket
Thank you much man. I'm sure i could have figured it out in PS but i am lazy right now to say the least.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:39 AM
  #538
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Fixed it

Taking it.

Edit: No, no. It'd be wrong just to take it out from under you.

Edit agian: TAKING IT IT'S MINE MINE I SAY!

Callagraves is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:39 AM
  #539
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
haha I'll totally keep it around if anyone wants one. I love my flowers so i'll keep that but if you know anyone looking for one they can grab that one if it';s appropriate.

Edit: haha And sold to Callagraves

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:40 AM
  #540
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
Haha These avatars...were there any better than these in the history of HFBoards?

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:42 AM
  #541
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Taking it.

Edit: No, no. It'd be wrong just to take it out from under you.
Nah man haha I had just posted after that I like mine but if someone else needed one they could grab it.

Edit: Saw you decided to take it. A fine choice good sir. haha

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
  #542
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,661
vCash: 420
Does he have a name?

I'm calling him Ranger McStabby

Krampus is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:45 AM
  #543
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Haha These avatars...were there any better than these in the history of HFBoards?
I think you have to have seen the origin of eyestab to understand how great these are.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:45 AM
  #544
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 37,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Based on the state of whatever goes on in my head sometimes, I understand Travis way better than I should.

My mother took notice and was adamant that I didn't get any ideas and she told me, "Remove the word Mohawk from your vocabulary".
I understood him too pretty well. That movie was almost given an X rating because of the violent shootout scene.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:46 AM
  #545
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,477
vCash: 50
Still trying to find the exact shade of gray to match the background. :/

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:46 AM
  #546
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,661
vCash: 420
randomly came upon a recent bieber song.

still has a higher voice than most girls

Krampus is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
  #547
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,661
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob richards View Post
still trying to find the exact shade of gray to match the background. :/
222, 222, 222

Krampus is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
  #548
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Still trying to find the exact shade of gray to match the background. :/
Just use transparency?

charlie460 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:48 AM
  #549
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,477
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
222, 222, 222
Nils here is officially loved by Bob Richards. The rest of you have a lot to learn from.

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:48 AM
  #550
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,017
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Does he have a name?

I'm calling him Ranger McStabby
Ranger McStabby

Thirty One is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.