HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
04-13-2013, 11:55 PM
#ualberta

vCash: 500
Not sure if you heard the coaches post game
I could post quotes but basically it's pathetic

If we had a better coach we would have had a much much better year period .

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

vCash: 50
He's a loser.

Del Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:47 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Funny how Brown stood out so much against the rest of the team and really looked like he was trying...until he had a few games to learn the "system" of course. Now he's just as useless as the rest of the team.

I was all for Krueger's hiring, but his **** system is ****ing embarrassing.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:52 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Krueger's post game quotes are just brutal.

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:05 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Krueger's post game quotes are just brutal.
Can you give us a rundown?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Somnii

I'm not 100% deadset against keeping Krueger to start with next season (on a short leash, mind you), but he's got to find a way to get this team playing with a great deal more consistency than they've shown this year, if they want to have any chance at respectability (let alone playoffs) in a much stronger division.

Of course, it would benefit him (or his replacement) if the Oilers actually employed a competent GM capable of getting him the personnel needed to help the team succeed

Somnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:08 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Can you give us a rundown?
He blamed the loss on penalties.

Personally I'd blame it on the complete lack of motivation that we've displayed all year coupled with the most disorganized system I've ever seen a team run.

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:15 AM
67penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
He's a loser.
Listen to the moaning...are you kidding me Ralph Kruger is the problem? How many coaches have we had in the last 4 years?? Clearly if you are basing your comments on post game pressers you have to give your heads a shake. This goes so much deeper than coaching. This is team make-up issue bottom line. I mean the bottom six is so pathetic we just were schooled by the Abbotsford Heat.

67penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Can somebody post the interview or some quotes?

Or do I not want to watch it? Will it just piss me off?

Ugh

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
He blamed the loss on penalties.

Personally I'd blame it on the complete lack of motivation that we've displayed all year coupled with the most disorganized system I've ever seen a team run.
I think a reporter even asked if the players have checked out. Krueger's response was he is going to have to ask around the room. This guy wears hats made out of donkeys. I hated his promotion from day 1 and I hate it even more now.

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:22 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I think a reporter even asked if the players have checked out. Krueger's response was he is going to have to ask around the room. This guy wears hats made out of donkeys. I hated his promotion from day 1 and I hate it even more now.
bwahahahaha

love this team

"Hold on let me check.....Yes, yes they have checked out. Next question."

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:34 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67penny View Post
Listen to the moaning...are you kidding me Ralph Kruger is the problem? How many coaches have we had in the last 4 years?? Clearly if you are basing your comments on post game pressers you have to give your heads a shake. This goes so much deeper than coaching. This is team make-up issue bottom line. I mean the bottom six is so pathetic we just were schooled by the Abbotsford Heat.
yes he is the problem but it's not his fault...I'd take the job too if Tambo asked me to be coach

it's management that continues to hire terrible coach after terrible coach

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:39 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67penny View Post
Finkle is Einhorn. Krueger is Renney is Mactavish. The donkeys running this organization hired mirror images of the coaches they fired. The only exception being Pat Quinn, who had the worst roster of them all and the worst/most injuries to deal with.

Maybe you should ask why Hartley can get a much less talented AHL laden roster to completely dominate our team?

Old
04-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Spawn

Ralph Krueger absolutely should be fired. He is maybe the most incompetent coach I've ever seen. Has no clue how to adjust in game. Obviously has no idea how to fire up a team. Has had an entire season to put in a system... problem is that he hasn't. There doesn't seem to be any structured break out whatsoever.

Stauffer the other day was talking about giving this coach more than 40 games. He's had 200 games with this team. Getting rid of just Tom Renney and keeping the rest of the coaches and expecting a team to get better? Lol.

All that being said, all of this falls on Tambo's head. Can't trade for/sign good players and can't pick good coaches. Literally can't do anything right.

What a disgusting organization to be a fan of. This team is so much worse than the Trashers, or Islanders or Blue Jackets ever have been.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Mentallydull

How did we get back to firing the coach?

Our team has been **** since our playoff run and Krueger hasn't been here that long. Why don't you try Krueger out with a GM that brings in assets to legitimately help this team instead of continuously hoping the revolving door of coaches is going to fix it?

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I think you're misinterpreting that comment a bit. From what I've read it seems that he said it was obvious that they had checked out and he had to ask around the room to find out why.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:01 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Ralph Krueger absolutely should be fired. He is maybe the most incompetent coach I've ever seen. Has no clue how to adjust in game. Obviously has no idea how to fire up a team. Has had an entire season to put in a system... problem is that he hasn't. There doesn't seem to be any structured break out whatsoever.

Stauffer the other day was talking about giving this coach more than 40 games. He's had 200 games with this team. Getting rid of just Tom Renney and keeping the rest of the coaches and expecting a team to get better? Lol.

All that being said, all of this falls on Tambo's head. Can't trade for/sign good players and can't pick good coaches. Literally can't do anything right.

What a disgusting organization to be a fan of. This team is so much worse than the Trashers, or Islanders or Blue Jackets ever have been.
Lowe is the architect of this mess. Getting rid of Tambo and Krueger but leaving Lowe in charge would literally change nothing. They all need to go. Lowe, Tambo, Krueger, Mact, Bucky, Pro scouting, the cleaning lady, and Joey has been getting a free ride for way too long.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Soundwave

Krueger looked like a guy who knows he's gonna get fired in the post-game press conference.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:15 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Lowe is the architect of this mess. Getting rid of Tambo and Krueger but leaving Lowe in charge would literally change nothing. They all need to go. Lowe, Tambo, Krueger, Mact, Bucky, Pro scouting, the cleaning lady, and Joey has been getting a free ride for way too long.
Was it you that said firing Tambo and keeping Lowe around would be like putting a band aid on herpes?

That was an awesome analogy.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Lowe is the architect of this mess. Getting rid of Tambo and Krueger but leaving Lowe in charge would literally change nothing. They all need to go.
Very true. Wont get any disagreement from me.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Baggers

Krueger needs to be let go at the end of the season. Unfortunately, in all sports some coaches are great coordinators/assistants (usually coaches that are considered to be player-friendly), but don't have the mental makeup to be successful head coaches.

I think Krueger falls into that category.

Still, I would give him until the end of the season, if only because there will be more replacement options after the season.

The assistant coaches need to go as well, so that whoever comes in will have a fresh slate to work on.

This team needs a coach who can crack the whip once in awhile. I'm not talking Mike Keenan-style, but a coach that is Tortorella-style might be what is needed at this point.

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Krueger looked like a guy who knows he's gonna get fired in the post-game press conference.
*Tambo troll grin*

I don't like Krueger but if he gets the axe and Tambellini sticks around... wow. How many coaches can a general manager go through?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Mentallydull

So the question becomes: Do you let Krueger go even though it likely won't change anything due to inept management or do you keep him for now for a little consistency until (if) a management change is done?

Old
04-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
So the question becomes: Do you let Krueger go even though it likely won't change anything due to inept management or do you keep him for now for a little consistency until (if) a management change is done?
It's painfully obvious that the organization needs a complete purge from top to bottom like the Habs executed last summer.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's painfully obvious that the organization needs a complete purge from top to bottom like the Habs executed last summer.
Agreed completely but at this point do you realistically see Tambo/Lowe/MacTavish getting canned after this season?