HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
04-14-2013, 10:12 AM
mactforcoach

vCash: 500
Tambelini is done here, he has to be. This was the year when the team was suppose to turn a big corner, in some ways it did but they are still in bad shape. He's had his chance, time to move on. What does anyone expect from him this summer? Another Barker, Hordichuk, Belanger? Because thats all he's capable of getting. Krueger deserves at least one more year with a short leash and some directions from the new GM.

I honestly think MacT would make a decent GM. He understands the game better and what it takes to win. Bash him as a coach all you want but he used to get everything from his players until the last year.

mactforcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:19 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

vCash: 50
I don't hate MacT, but the last thing this team needs is another incoming GM picked, schooled by, and buddies with the outgoing GM(s). Unless Katz is the dumbest successful person in history, he'd have to know enough to sweep the table clean and start fresh.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactforcoach View Post
Tambelini is done here, he has to be. This was the year when the team was suppose to turn a big corner, in some ways it did but they are still in bad shape. He's had his chance, time to move on. What does anyone expect from him this summer? Another Barker, Hordichuk, Belanger? Because thats all he's capable of getting. Krueger deserves at least one more year with a short leash and some directions from the new GM.

I honestly think MacT would make a decent GM. He understands the game better and what it takes to win. Bash him as a coach all you want but he used to get everything from his players until the last year.
If Tambellini isn't gone before next season i will delete my hf account and stop watching the oilers.

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:23 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Firing Tambellini is just window dressing.

Lowe is the one ultimately calling the shots, and no gm worth his salt is going to come here to be his hand maiden.
That's the thing. Especially to everyone saying they want Burke here. Like I said before, a year ago you'd never catch me saying I want the guy around, but watching how tough it is to play in Toronto... I think he could do a lot of good things building around our skilled core.

But... he will never work for Kevin Lowe.

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:28 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
That's the thing. Especially to everyone saying they want Burke here. Like I said before, a year ago you'd never catch me saying I want the guy around, but watching how tough it is to play in Toronto... I think he could do a lot of good things building around our skilled core.

But... he will never work for Kevin Lowe.
Actually, I'd never thought about Burke before but the initial appeal there is a guy who would take the job and then tell Lowe and anyone else who tries to interfere to **** off and stay out of his way.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Psychoil

I just want brian burke.......I don't even care about his past with lowe. I think burke would find lindy ruff, hire him and suddenly, we'd be a very good hockey club....

Just the mere presence of brian burke in this organization would make us want to win much more, and be tougher all around.

Tambo is as soft as the players he brought in.......and ralph is a waste of skin

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:18 AM
ponokanocker

No point in firing the coach or Kruger or Tambo. It would have to be Lowe. This rebuild is still far from over though, with no top pairing blue liner on this team.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
No point in firing the coach or Kruger or Tambo. It would have to be Lowe. This rebuild is still far from over though, with no top pairing blue liner on this team.
You're kidding right? Tambo has to go

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:43 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

I just don't get hiring 2 new coaches. Finishing last, then firing that coach and promoting the associate coach, finishing last again, then second last and promoting the assistant coach and then finishing most likely in the bottom 5.

It doesn't make any sense. Why do we keep rewarding ineptitude?. If a guy was part of last place teams what makes you think that he is the guy to right the ship?

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Hockey Nightmare

No injuries, no excuses. This is a bad, poorly coached and poorly managed team.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
No injuries, no excuses. This is a bad, poorly coached and poorly managed team.
and poorly captained

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:38 PM
McNutty780

It's obvious that nothing Kruger has done this year has motivated our guys in the slightest. Don;t waste anymore time. He had his chance, he can't handle it.

Get rid of him and look for someone else

McNutty780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Jeff Lebowski

I know that this is only his 1st season as head coach and I wouldn't have a problem giving him more time to get his system in place, but he's clearly shown that he is NOT a good motivator (despite what people say) and I don't see this changing with time. He cannot get these guys motivated to put in a 60 minute effort.

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Philly85
Moody'

he's hardly the problem with this team, and while I don't think he should be their coach for the long term, he'd probably be a good, if not great assistant coach.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:50 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
@dantencer: Hat tip to @Aportzline on a great stat. Teams 18, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 & 30 from last year are all currently in or tied for a playoff spot.
Again, extremely condemning of management and coaching around here.

Old
04-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Qrispy

40 games into the season and the team is still trying to find its identity.

He's good at talking and special teams but clearly, he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to 5-on-5. He's gotta go.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
40 games into the season and the team is still trying to find its identity.

He's good at talking and special teams but clearly, he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to 5-on-5. He's gotta go.
The Oilers organization is all about failing upwards. Where assistant coaches are forced into head coaching, and assistant GMs are forced to GM. Katz "loyalty" is going to run this franchise into the dirt.

Old
04-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I just don't get hiring 2 new coaches. Finishing last, then firing that coach and promoting the associate coach, finishing last again, then second last and promoting the assistant coach and then finishing most likely in the bottom 5.

It doesn't make any sense. Why do we keep rewarding ineptitude?. If a guy was part of last place teams what makes you think that he is the guy to right the ship?
So if we fire Kreuger, Bucky gets promoted. Sweet mother of God.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Soundwave

Krueger's clearly in over his head. Hiring an unproven coach at the NHL level with a group this young was a mistake in hindsight.

Honestly I think even Marc Crawford would've been a better fit. Krueger is too much of a softie for this group, the only good thing about his tenure here thus far is Paajarvi regaining his confidence.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

There is absolutely no indication that Lowe, Tambellini and Krueger are in the hot seat. There have been rumblings in the media over the past couple of weeks that Flames President Ken King is going to step down and there are indications that the Avalanche are going to clean house... but nothing like that with regards to the Oilers. Complacency reigns in Edmonton.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:02 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
he's hardly the problem with this team, and while I don't think he should be their coach for the long term, he'd probably be a good, if not great assistant coach.
Based on what exactly?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:05 PM
#ualberta

Krueger had a golden opportunity to rip into his team yesterday and he didn't
Colorado's old goalie ripped into his team, even tom renney called the team out after a sad game against Phoenix
Krueger never questions this teams effort

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Based on what exactly?
I'd still like him as a special teams coach myself. The one bright spot of this year.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:11 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Again, extremely condemning of management and coaching around here.
Yeah i saw this,
Its really sad, this league is supposed to be the best when it comes to parity
Winning games and making the playoffs is such an impossible task for us but it really should not be look at teams like columbus or florida last year. Whiy is turning this team into a winner so damn hard

I'm more frustrated this year then i have ever been with the oilers

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Based on what exactly?
Special teams have been much better under Krueger. This you cannot deny. He just can't seem to create a 5v5 system if his life depended on it. Seriously, this man on man crap doesn't work.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote