HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
03-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Krueger needs to get real vocal and animated on the bench in a game like tonight. Absolutely he needs to be demanding the refs come over and talk about the **** that was happening out on the ice tonight.

Sure the refs lost control of this game and the Stars were vicious hacks all night. Being that we have no real captain on this club the onus is on the head coach especially to be yacking at the officials each time Dallas was taking liberties.

I'd tell em. I'm sending the game film in the league and filing grievance on how the game was run. May as well start listening to me now.

The on ice management of a game like this needs to occur. From the first period on this game was out of control. Its imperative that Krueger bring that to the attention of the officials who didn't seem to notice.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:10 AM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
Let's fire Krueger, and also fire the next 3 coaches while we're at it since we're already on coach #4 in 5 years.
"I can't let this marriage fail" - Ross, Season 5 of Friends.

I don't see Kreuger working for us. At all. He's a special teams genius, but he hasn't shown in any particular instance that he has been able to handle the head coaching job in 19 games. Short sample or not, his line matching has been terrible, his decision tonight on the 5 on 3 have mirrored his decisions all year on the PP. I don't care if we're 5th. It really only shows how terrible the league is on the PP this year if we're ranked that high.

He should have never been hired as the Head coach, and should have stayed where he excelled.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
First of all i'm not whining i'm criticizing but you wouldn't understand the difference.
I am just about done criticizing Krueger i obviously thik he is doing a bad job and many posters agree and many other posters disagree, thats fine i will stick to my opinion though.
I'm upset about the opportunities we are giving yakupov so to answer your question no it would not have matter if he scored. How many 5 on 3's did we have today how many times did we score.
I would be very happy if you could tell me why Yakupov got zero pp time in the second period

Mowzie put it best.
Yakupov played 2 less shifts and 2 less minutes than Hemsky.. What I want to know is why Kruger kept getting Yakupov out with his give aways and poor defensive coverage when he couldve given that ice time to Hemsky who was producing..
Yakupov was on 2nd PP unit all night .. didnt get prime PP minutes but he did get some PP time.. Yak on top unit would be sexy but Hall\Ebs\Gagner\Nuge and even Smyth and Hemsky are not bad options.
Kruger even had Potter and Jones up on PP..

whine about Yak's lack of ice time in 3 years ... Let him get his feet wet for now.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post

I don't see Kreuger working for us. At all. He's a special teams genius, but he hasn't shown in any particular instance that he has been able to handle the head coaching job in 19 games. Short sample or not, his line matching has been terrible, his decision tonight on the 5 on 3 have mirrored his decisions all year on the PP. I don't care if we're 5th. It really only shows how terrible the league is on the PP this year if we're ranked that high.

He should have never been hired as the Head coach, and should have stayed where he excelled.
IMO Kruger is the perfect option for our team and has the ability to coach this team more that anyone on this board.. Line matching was excellent.. He realized that our 4th line can successfully check their top line and he made the change and kept sending out Eager and co against Benn and Jagr..
I am sure they have practiced that 2 men behind the goal line on 5 on 3 setup lots.. too bad it never clicked and Schultz's inability to keep pucks in and Hemsky's brain farts cant be blamed on bad coaching.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Oilersfanneedsdrink

Krueger will be the one to teach this team better defensive responsibility but he will not be the coach to take the team to the next step.

They need someone more vocal.

Oilersfanneedsdrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:42 AM
BadMedicine*

If we are keeping this crappy system then Ralphy is as good as anyone out there, he IS moving forward and showing improvement on the bench, he is dialing his system in team by team, 3 down in our soon to be new neighborhood so far, he IS learning that he needs to adjust the system to every single team he plays and we cannot look for a consistant repeated performance from ourselves systemwise-- we will look different night to night naturally not because we are discombobulated, we need to follow the tactical BOOK very closely and make our adjustments correctly. This is the nature of the adjusted hybrid and why I hate it, it is very very labor intensive. But if Ralph can make it fly then he gets a ticket to the show. After all its his head of hair and he can spend it any way he wants to ,ha ha ha ha . Five more wins on this trip and we are back in the money games.

He IS absolutely forcefull in his managment techniques, soft spoken but absolutely detailed and dominant dynamicly, a maniac, and stubborn as nails, and he is severely lacking in Intuative Dyamic Analysis support, in fact that is his single terminal weakness, everything else can be adjusted without help. i detest his line combos and personell managment tactics, but he is the boss. I am more concerned with system execution and adjustment from the bench than I am with players on the roster. And I am seeing growth there as much as I despise the system we use.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfanneedsdrink View Post
Krueger will be the one to teach this team better defensive responsibility but he will not be the coach to take the team to the next step.

They need someone more vocal.
We dont need a more vocal coach... we need more vocal leaders in the dressing room and on ice.. Giving Eberle the A was a joke.. We need true leaders who command respect to lead this club... Smid is the only one right now on this team...

Old
03-01-2013, 02:12 AM
clynch

Some of you are the worst. This team is one game over .500 and are two points out of the playoffs. Krueger has helped improve this team, and they're sitting right where experts figured they'd be: in the hunt.

And the biggest complaint here seems to be about Nail's ice time. I sometimes feel the same frustration, but I also understand that he's being eased into his rookie season. One rookie isn't going to get them over the hump unless that rookie's name is Justin Schultz, without whom we'd be relying on Whitney, and I think we all agree that Krueger has Whitney positioned in the right spot lately.

clynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:23 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Yakupov played 2 less shifts and 2 less minutes than Hemsky.. What I want to know is why Kruger kept getting Yakupov out with his give aways and poor defensive coverage when he couldve given that ice time to Hemsky who was producing..
Yakupov was on 2nd PP unit all night .. didnt get prime PP minutes but he did get some PP time.. Yak on top unit would be sexy but Hall\Ebs\Gagner\Nuge and even Smyth and Hemsky are not bad options.
Kruger even had Potter and Jones up on PP..

whine about Yak's lack of ice time in 3 years ... Let him get his feet wet for now.
Hmm, i made a mistake when i checked TOI it said 10:30ish for yak that was not updated you are right he played over 12 mins i would still like him around 15 mins give or take.

Anyway Lets move away from yak for a moment,
why was potter on the pp over petry today?

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:28 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
The last thing this team needs is another new coach. Kruger is the least of our worries. Let's get a GM who will actually bring in a D.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:20 AM
CardMonkey83*

LoL, when we go on a winnning streak, make the playoffs, and stay to top 10 for special teams, the 'fire the coach' bandwagon will dwindle, and you noobs will find an excuse to revert your opinion. He's an NHL head coach for reason, and your a fan for a reason. As the Rock so elegantly put it, 'Know your role, and shut your mouth'

CardMonkey83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:16 AM
DousedInOil

I like Ralph. At some point the team and GM need to take responsibility instead of going through what would be our 5th coach in like 5 years.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Simpleheart

irony of this thread being that everyone who wants yak to have more ice time is the same posters decrying oilers development of gagner where he didn't get enough sheltered minutes and was "ruined"

Simpleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Simpleheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post

I don't see Kreuger working for us. At all. He's a special teams genius, but he hasn't shown in any particular instance that he has been able to handle the head coaching job in 19 games. Short sample or not, his line matching has been terrible, his decision tonight on the 5 on 3 have mirrored his decisions all year on the PP. I don't care if we're 5th. It really only shows how terrible ague is on the PP this year if we're ranked that high.

totally brother we'd want to bring in at least an average coach so we could be 15th rather than 5th

Simpleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

this thread cracks me up

it was started when the oilers were just 15 game into his coaching career!

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Hmm, i made a mistake when i checked TOI it said 10:30ish for yak that was not updated you are right he played over 12 mins i would still like him around 15 mins give or take.

Anyway Lets move away from yak for a moment,
why was potter on the pp over petry today?
Potter was on PP over Petry last year as well.. I love Petry but he has never been utilized as a PP player.. Potter only played 7 shifts last night.. I would rather see him get more icetime on PP than 5on5 where he tends to make more mistakes..
Ideally I would like to see him up in PB

Old
03-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
this thread cracks me up

it was started when the oilers were just 15 game into his coaching career!
As if he picked all the soft bottom 6 that are on that team. Too many caoches have gone through the turnstiles here. HF is HF.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayBerle HopKov View Post
LoL, when we go on a winnning streak, make the playoffs, and stay to top 10 for special teams, the 'fire the coach' bandwagon will dwindle, and you noobs will find an excuse to revert your opinion. He's an NHL head coach for reason, and your a fan for a reason. As the Rock so elegantly put it, 'Know your role, and shut your mouth'
Kind of like your comments about Dubie before the game yesterday?

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleheart View Post
totally brother we'd want to bring in at least an average coach so we could be 15th rather than 5th
As if it were that simple, do your homework at the very least. Kreuger knows hockey, it always becomes a question of can he become a great motivator and have his team fired up every night.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Aerchon

Krueger hasn't failed or succeded yet. This thread is very premature.

Personaly if we finish 22nd overall or better I give the guy a thumbs up for the improvement.

If we somehow make the playoffs this year. Wow. Accelerated expectations from me and that would definatly be a feather in Ralphs cap.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Kind of like your comments about Dubie before the game yesterday?
Haha

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Jean Ralphio

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but Yakupov made some comments about Krueger in an article on OilersNation.

Quote:
I want our team to win more often and make it to the playoffs. If we can stay healthy, we’re a very good team. We can beat any team in the league. Besides, we have got an excellent coach. He’s great not only as a coach but on a personal level too. I have never met a coach like him. He’s always there for us. You want to go out there and win games just because of him.
What you think of his coaching strategies aside, this is consistent with what we've heard from other players as well. He's totally a players coach.

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Quinteoilers

I couldn't imagine a hard ass coach with all the young guys. Can you imagine Mike Keenan! Screaming at Yak or Hall for a neutral ice turn over??? The problem with this team (again) lies with the veterans indifference to losing. I am willing to give Ralph a free pass all this season and up this point next season. Then you will have a good feel for what he brings as a coach.

Quinteoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I like Ralph. At some point the team and GM need to take responsibility instead of going through what would be our 5th coach in like 5 years.
exactly. this team has a management problem. at least half the lineup is garbage.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
The last thing this team needs is another new coach. Kruger is the least of our worries. Let's get a GM who will actually bring in a D.
My big beef with our coaching situation is this. They didn't like Rennie, moved him along and kept his top assistant, the other assistants (whom I think are just massively weak) and then we added no one, with Kruger saying 'We don't need another guy, I can always talk to MacT for advice.'

The whole organization is made up of guys no other team would want.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote