HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-2 tough loss

Old
02-23-2013, 09:37 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al14 View Post
Good teams find a way to win. The Sens won with an AHL lineup! No excuses for the Leafs in this one. They were not a good team tonight!
we have an ahl team, kadri,komorov,fraser,holzer,kostka,scrivens,

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
meng666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoclapper View Post
Must be embarrassing for Smith, knowing he doesn't scare anyone.
I'd like to see the video of Kadri laughing afterwards as he skates away.
Stupid looking play. Smith was just trying to look tough but draw a penalty at the same time. Kadri didn't bite and poked him in the chest a couple of times instead of smacking him in the face. It wasn't really much of anything and then stupid Neil came in and took a penalty. But then of course we didn't score and then the Sens scored in the last minute and we lost and I hate my life.

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tank Commander Cor
OT Thread Leader

vCash: 72
Why do I get the feeling we will miss the playoffs with 53 points, and Carolina will make it with 51 (because of their division)?

I feel like we would end up being that team

Tank Commander Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jimmycarter

Quote:
Grabovski's been trash this season. He's terrible defensively and his line's a black hole offensively, he does not make any plays. He's a puck hog with zero defensive awareness.
finally, some truth.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:38 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Grabovski's been trash this season. He's terrible defensively and his line's a black hole offensively, he does not make any plays. He's a puck hog with zero defensive awareness.

As soon as Lupul and Frattin are back Carlyle will give Grabovski a good look from the press box.
they are both wingers
grabo had a great game tonight.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
they are both wingers
Grabo did his normal skate around and look dynamic, but come up short defensively and miss the net by a few feet.

He's lucky that Bishop let that past him, otherwise I'm not sure how you could say he had a good night. I want 2010-11 Grabovski back.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Why do I get the feeling we will miss the playoffs with 53 points, and Carolina will make it with 51 (because of their division)?

I feel like we would end up being that team
Because that's our kind of luck. Or better yet, I could see us finishing 9th with 23 wins and Ottawa 8th with 21 wins + extra loser points.

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Sundinftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Also on Kulemin, can we start differentiating between high effort and a "shutdown terrific defender".

He looks like he's trying and I'll give him that, but there's no way he's some lockdown defender like this board has been suggesting all year.
Well said

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Erdinger

vCash: 50
It was a total team non-effort tonight. Hopefully the culmination of a bunch of badly played games that they have been lucky to have only lost 2 of in that stretch..

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
s1r0ky
Mr. Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
Well said (though Scrivens shouldn't have muffed that point shot).
Yeah I agree. Sucks that happened but shouldn't have been a clean face off win for Ottawa.

s1r0ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Grabo did his normal skate around and look dynamic, but come up short defensively and miss the net by a few feet.

He's lucky that Bishop let that past him, otherwise I'm not sure how you could say he had a good night. I want 2010-11 Grabovski back.
without grabo this year playing against other teams top lines and doing good, you think we would have 22 points?
other teams 1st lines would have a field day vs the other 3 lines we have

Old
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
leafstilldeath*

Quote:
Kulemin's KHL stats are purely because of Malkin.
As true as that might be Kuli was awesome when he played with Kessell few years ago. I think he is demoralized trying to play a game that he is not interested in playing. Give him and offensive role or trade him.

leafstilldeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinftw View Post
I dont think I said the forwards should be playing goal. Way to twist things to push your argument.

You presumed that I expected him to be a plus player tonight when I pointed out his -2. 5/18 players, all of which were noticeably bad, were -2. The rest were even. Kulemins line is just not very good. grabo, despite scoring a goal, was also a -2.

If Kessel, who had like 8 more minutes of icetime, can be even, I'm not sure why a supposed shutdown player in Kulemin can't. Also, Kessel's line didn't have much sustained pressure in the sens zone at all, so its not like most of his time was spent in offensive territory.
The Sens didn't out-number the Leafs around the crease -- the goals were resulted from Scrivens' lack of puck control and the d not taking care of their man when they should have. What happened to rebound control? Those weren't exactly Chara rockets from the point. What happened to tying up a player's stick or boxing a player out? What difference would it have made if Kessel was on the ice instead of Kulemin for those goals?

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Egoclapper

Quote:

Pretty much all I've seen this year. Last year Kulemin was snake bitten like Kessel this year, hitting posts. This season Kulemin isn't even getting chances or Komarov or MacArthur.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Al14

Quote:
we have an ahl team, kadri,komorov,fraser,holzer,kostka,scrivens,
But, we had Kessel, JVR, Phaneuf. Sens had who? Old man Alfredsson, old man Philips, and a fading old man in Gonchar.

Our AHLers and NHLers, in their prime, were beat by their AHLers and their old man NHLers.

Come on... terrible performance from our team tonight!

Al14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafstilldeath View Post
As true as that might be Kuli was awesome when he played with Kessell few years ago. I think he is demoralized trying to play a game that he is not interested in playing. Give him and offensive role or trade him.
we do need 1 defencive minded line, to go up against other teams top lines, or do we?

Old
02-23-2013, 09:47 PM
bunjay

Really pathetic effort tonight. Starting to get tired of this 'shutdown line' duty Carlyle has Grabo doing. McClement and Kulemin are both utterly devoid of offensive capability at this point.

Tough loss becuse of the timing of the winning goal, but the better team won. An AHL team outplayed us for about 50 out of 60 minutes tonight.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pacdunes

Boy, can't wait for Reimer to come back and Frattin. Give me those 2 and I'll have less stress.

pacdunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Egoclapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafstilldeath View Post
He's been playing with Grabovski and either MacArthur or Komarov. The best D is a good offense. The coaching staff isn't telling them not to score..

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:48 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinftw View Post
Are they unable to send someone down and call him up?
No cause it's Holzer the only guy that could be sent down that doesn't have to clear wavers and there's no way they're sending him down. Trade is what needs to happen and this isn't a situation like Connoly the D that's up with the Leafs that makes sense to trade is either Gunnarson or Liles these 2 have trade value they're not going to put either of these 2 on wavers and lose them for nothing.

Kostka is earning his spot same with Franson and Frasor respectively + all 3 of these guys would have to clear wavers to be sent down and that's not happening either just because they deserve to be in the lineup never mind they would be claimed as well.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sundinftw

Quote:
they are both wingers
He absolutely did not have a good game. Please don't allow his goal and futile single-handed rushes blur your reasoning. He hogs the puck, is a bad defensive player and skates faster than he can think.

Also, despite his goal, he was a -2 tonight.

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
Gunnar is soft and that killed us. He was soft last year losing too many battles in front of the net trying to stick check guys. I don't see him being a Carlyle guy for long not enough grit in his game or outstanding offensive game. I would be dangling him in a deal to a team that needs a D.

scrivens needs to calm the play down and too many times he throws pucks back into the middle and for the most part the d has been able to clear but not tonight.

Carlyle made a big mistake letting Grabbo take that last draw and I bet he doesn't make that mistake again.

Team was sluggish
It was even more obvious when Bozak won the face-off straight to Kessel with 3 sec left in the game.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al14 View Post
But, we had Kessel, JVR, Phaneuf. Sens had who? Old man Alfredsson, old man Philips, and a fading old man in Gonchar.

Our AHLers and NHLers in their prime were beat by their AHLers and there old man NHLers.

Come on... terrible performance from our team tonight!
well fought game ,right to the end, bishop played his heart out, never happen again.
next game ottawa playes they lose by 3 or more with bishop in net.

Old
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Franchise Centre

Awaiting the return of Reimer, Lupul, Frattin..

O, and Gardiner.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Savannah Skunk

Living on the west coast, I only got to see portions of the game.

The Leafs played very well and are entertaining to watch. You guys have some great players, a good coach, and several young prospects in the pipeline. Kadri was dangerous during the parts of the game I was able to watch. Though a Senator fan, the best atmosphere at the Bank is when the Leafs are in town. I enjoyed watching some really loud good end-to-end emotional hockey.

Though I hate your team, but there is no game I prefer to watch than a Leafs-Sens match-up. Hope you guys make the playoffs!

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote