HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-2 tough loss

Old
02-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Sundin 13

vCash: 500
Negative: Rebound control was god awful on the 2nd and 3rd goals, hated how he gave them the oppertunity in our zone by smothering the puck appose to continuing play. Refs missed a couple calls.

Positive: Kadri had his moments, Kessel played well for the most part, Grabovski playing with more intensity.

We miss you Reimer (Frattin, Lupul, Gards)..

Feels bad.

Sundin 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Al14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin 13 View Post
Negative: Rebound control was god awful on the 2nd and 3rd goals, hated how he gave them the oppertunity in our zone by smothering the puck appose to continuing play. Refs missed a couple calls.

Positive: Kadri had his moments, Kessel played well for the most part, Grabovski playing with more intensity.

We miss you Reimer (Frattin, Lupul, Gards)..

Feels bad.
Kessel played well? Please tell me what he did that helped us tonight.

Al14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
11%!?

He's .921....that's about 3 percent.
Not sure what you don't understand. Craig Anderson at the time he was injured led (and still leads) the league in save percentage, 11% higher than the guy behind him.

He was easily the best goalie in the league up until that point. He was injured in Ottawa's last game. Talking about how they'd won 3 straight before tonight means nothing.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Ridiculous. You realize that even the best faceoff takers in the league lose at least 2 times out of 5, right? The problem was not losing the faceoff, the problem was a guy totally uncovered on a rebound.
Ridiculous. The main reason a guy like Steckel is on the roster is to win big face offs. The problem was losing the face off so cleanly.

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
Ridiculous. The main reason a guy like Steckel is on the roster is to win big face offs. The problem was losing the face off so cleanly.
Yep. You can't lose a face-off like that cleanly in your own zone with less than 30 seconds to go. Bozak or Steckel should have taken the draw, or at the very least just tie up the opposing players stick right off the bat.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bunjay

Quote:
Not really. How many times a game are there clean point-shots from a won faceoff in the offensive zone? The save was made, like it usually is. Greening was allowed to go to the net and put in the rebound completely uncovered. This is why a goal was scored. If you want to reach so far to find blame, you can go back to Scrivens freezing the puck when he had time to clear it, the refs faking dropping the puck 2-3 times per faceoff tonight and kicking people out left and right, and then go all the way back to the Leafs playing like garbage the entire night and putting themselves in a position to lose like that at all.

Steckel is currently only on the roster because of injuries. In case you didn't notice, he's playing on the fourth line and not being put in ANY important situations. This is not Wilson coaching the team anymore. The five guys on the ice are expected to be able to deal with a lost faceoff situation.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Egoclapper

Quote:
Steckel is a waste, Bozak is 3rd in the league on draws taken and won.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CabanaBoy5

Gunnarson stinks. Scrivens has not rebound control and I believe was on crack tonight. Very bizarre goaltending. And Carlyle, boneheaded not to have your best faceoff man for the last few seconds.

CabanaBoy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:21 PM
pacdunes

Gunnar - key defender missing his assignment on the 1st and 3rd goals. Randy, wake up and get this oaf off the ice.

pacdunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Erdinger

vCash: 50
Why was a guy as inept defensively as Gunnarson out there in that situation? That is on RC. But I'll certainly defer to him as far as playing D in the NHL.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacdunes View Post
Gunnar - key defender missing his assignment on the 1st and 3rd goals. Randy, wake up and get this oaf off the ice.
He even said it himself that he isn't "100%". He shouldn't be playing over Liles or even Komisarek.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
G51 K81*

Gunnarson will be gone. Only a matter of time.

G51 K81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Not really. How many times a game are there clean point-shots from a won faceoff in the offensive zone? The save was made, like it usually is. Greening was allowed to go to the net and put in the rebound completely uncovered. This is why a goal was scored. If you want to reach so far to find blame, you can go back to Scrivens freezing the puck when he had time to clear it, the refs faking dropping the puck 2-3 times per faceoff tonight and kicking people out left and right, and then go all the way back to the Leafs playing like garbage the entire night and putting themselves in a position to lose like that at all.

Steckel is currently only on the roster because of injuries. In case you didn't notice, he's playing on the fourth line and not being put in ANY important situations. This is not Wilson coaching the team anymore. The five guys on the ice are expected to be able to deal with a lost faceoff situation.
Yeah, centremen lose draws sometimes. But Grabovski had the worst faceoff % tonight and gets put out there for the most important draw. I mean, Bozak takes every other faceoff but the most important one. This loss is more on Carlyle for putting out the worst faceoff man and an injured Dman with 20 seconds left.

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
How so? Leafs don't re-sign him? Can't see any other scenario.

Old
Daisy Jane
trust the vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieDingle View Post
I have to say I'm impressed by your team. The Leafs shut the Sens out a week ago and I'm not sure anyone has even mentioned that in this thread. Like it's against the rules after a loss. Maybe it was an off night for the Leafs, but they have jam and pluck. Every time the puck enters the Sens zone it seems like they might score. And I'm probably more impressed with Kessel emerging as a playmaker than last year where he just seemed lucky. The way he slows plays down. He clearly has a high hockey IQ. The goals will come back.

For the first time in quite a few years I think the Leafs have a genuinely good team that will make the playoffs. The Sens barely eked out a victory a week after they were shut out by the Leafs. It sucks to blow a guaranteed point, but some perspective.
Thanks that was really sweet of you to say. I think we're all just a it bitter pants rightnow because we DID lose a guaranteed point. I agree with you, they will make the playoffs. Tonight was just a brain-fart all over in the last minute there.

Everyone who quoted me Liles over Komi - okay i'm with that. Just not Gunnar until he's healthy.

Daisy Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:25 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al14 View Post
Kessel played well? Please tell me what he did that helped us tonight.
He competed, was dangerous, set up a couple of scoring chances and was good defensively not one missed assignment.... but I guess because he was pointless he didn't play well that's what I call stat wh0re thinking... It is possible for star players like Kessel to play good games and go pointless you do know that right?

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:29 PM
pacdunes

Quote:
if he plays monday, i am going to effin lose it.

pacdunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM
spidergoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1r0ky View Post
Scrivens played fine. Blame the team in front of him. Also, would anyone prefer Toskala or Gustavsson right now instead of our backup stepping in with a 930 save %?

Didn't think so.
What do Toskala and Gus have to do with it? Did anyone say they wished they were here? What a pointless comment! Lol

Scrivens has mostly played well. He did bobble both rebounds. If the Sens don't score most wouldn't even mention it, but they did and Scrivens holds some responsibility for it.
Forcing a face off in your end in the dying seconds needlessly is a pretty big and basic mistake. I'm sure he will own it and learn from it. Reimer will make mistakes too. Part of it is just reality of young in experienced goalies. Part of it is the fact they are human

Last edited by spidergoalie: 02-23-2013 at 10:59 PM.
spidergoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erdinger

Quote:
You and me both.

Old
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
How so? Leafs don't re-sign him? Can't see any other scenario.
Traded.

G51 K81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Traded.
Guy is damaged goods. Who is going to trade for that?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

lots of sabres fans urging columbus to win these days

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:34 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
i would take out kostka for liles, give him a rest
gunnersson-liles

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
i would take out kostka for liles, give him a rest
gunnersson-liles
The Flyers forwards agree.