HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-2 tough loss

Old
02-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
It was one game guys.... everyone just chill out.

Bounces didn't go our way tonight, **** happens

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:27 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
Cup67
Lay off the hate, will ya?
Your actually saying carlyle could be wilson 2.0
Good lord
its not hate, the players played hard, the coach gave up at the end
grabo was having a bad night at the dot, did he not know that
he should never of called out scrivens or grabo in public.
he made the bad call.

cup67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:30 AM
mstew

What are you guys expecting? Him to steal us a win every game? Whole team played like **** we didn't deserve to beat the sens anyway. Scrivens is doing more than what anyone should have expected of him.

mstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:32 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
You are literally the worst poster on these boards. You don't even make any sense.
why, you dont think he screwed up tonight?
i'm standing up for our players, that have been playing hard all season.
players dont like it when there coach , gives it to them in the media.
we have lost others games, carlyle never threw anybody under the bus.
it was done in the room, stays in the room.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Amen to that. He's one of the ever-growing contingent of posters on our boards who simply post to evoke a response and hope to piss off actual fans.

Some of them are more well hidden.. This guy is just babbling nonsense.
nonsence, its going to be a big topic tomorrow, with all the hockey experts in the media.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Good thing Montreal won, kept NYR back.

I was at the viewing party tonight but then went and got drunk so my thoughts might not be completely concise but I'll try. The viewing party was fantastic, only 6 or 7k there but it was loud, especially when we tied the game in the third. Screen was kind of hard to see, following the puck was difficult and I couldn't read the time on the screen. Great experience though.

Getting to the game,

The Grabovski line had an awful defensive game. And anyone who has seen my large posts and statistics-laden rants know that I pretty much am one of the few that'll defend Grabo to the death. But god, they were hemmed in multiple times and obviously the go-ahead goal was scored against them. That being said, they also were the only line that generated decent chances and scored our one ES goal (and Grabo helped in the tying goal). So what do people want from them? They can do their defensive thing which they are good at (see one of my posts where I listed all the goals scored against them from top lines) or they can be the offensive force we saw tonight.

Gunnar, who I've also been defending pretty hard, was also brutal tonight. I'm not on the trade boat though, people seem to jump to that conclusion as soon as a couple of bad games strikes. Anyone who saw him last season and prior know how good he can be. I agree, put him in the press box, let him recover. But trade him? Ridiculous notion, IMO.

Anyways, I'm not too rattled about the loss because it happens and we're still in a good spot. This thread is overreaction central. The Sens are one of the most well-coached teams in the league, by far. Hardly an "AHL team."

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
this could be the start of something bad to happen, different carlyle tonight.
lets hope the players dont start to tune him out, now that he is starting to throw them under the bus.
Did you even watch the press conference? Or are you just attributing things based on what you heard?

It's not a different Randy. It's just Randy pointing out what he liked to have seen. You know - the same thing he's done after pretty much every game?

On his remarks about Kadri - you guys tell me how he felt about Kadri's game, keeping in mind that for much of the third period Kadri was always out the very next shift?

Just because he doesn't say it publicly, doesn't mean he's got players in his good books or in the dog house. If he had an issue with Kadri's game tonight he wouldn't have played him in the third. He's just tapering expectations and not getting carried away. He's done that for pretty much everyone that has played well this season - Fraser, Franson, JvR, Kadri, Frattin, etc. You'll be hard pressed to find him lavishing those guys with amazing praise publicly, because he knows how this market works

Th

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstew View Post
What are you guys expecting? Him to steal us a win every game? Whole team played like **** we didn't deserve to beat the sens anyway. Scrivens is doing more than what anyone should have expected of him.
To be fair there were some bad calls that game I.E that delay of game not called. We kind of got screwed there.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:42 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Did you even watch the press conference? Or are you just attributing things based on what you heard?

It's not a different Randy. It's just Randy pointing out what he liked to have seen. You know - the same thing he's done after pretty much every game?

On his remarks about Kadri - you guys tell me how he felt about Kadri's game, keeping in mind that for much of the third period Kadri was always out the very next shift?

Just because he doesn't say it publicly, doesn't mean he's got players in his good books or in the dog house. If he had an issue with Kadri's game tonight he wouldn't have played him in the third. He's just tapering expectations and not getting carried away. He's done that for pretty much everyone that has played well this season - Fraser, Franson, JvR, Kadri, Frattin, etc. You'll be hard pressed to find him lavishing those guys with amazing praise publicly, because he knows how this market works

Th
he called out scrivens and grabo , scrivens for causing the faceoff and grabo for losing the faceoff.
never did that before, when we lost.
carlyle made the mistake for not having his best out there

Old
02-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Tak7

Quote:
he called out scrivens and grabo , scrivens for causing the faceoff and grabo for losing the faceoff.
never did that before, when we lost.
carlyle made the mistake for not having his best out there
He didn't call anyone out.

He said that he questioned his team's decision making, and highlighted the freezing of the puck.

He then talked about blown assignments at the faceoff. That's hardly indifferent to the way he talked about the defensive breakdown for Jordan Staal's breakaway goal against us in Carolina.

He breaks down plays and discusses what he didn't like about them. He rarely mentions specific players.

But as you were - sorry to protrude on your agenda.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:54 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Had a feeling a reality check was coming, Sens out-hustled them tonight. Leafs should realize we're not nearly out of the woods yet.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:58 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
He didn't call anyone out.

He said that he questioned his team's decision making, and highlighted the freezing of the puck.

He then talked about blown assignments at the faceoff. That's hardly indifferent to the way he talked about the defensive breakdown for Jordan Staal's breakaway goal against us in Carolina.

He breaks down plays and discusses what he didn't like about them. He rarely mentions specific players.

But as you were - sorry to protrude on your agenda.
freezing the puck was who? scrivens. what he did was the right move freezing the puck.
losing the faceoff was who? grabo. he tried his hardest to win the faceoff.
carlyle did not put his best out there at the end. his fault we lost a point. should of went with the best %, to give us a chance for that point.

listen to scrivens postgame.
never said he should praise players in public.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Tak7

Quote:
freezing the puck was who? scrivens. what he did was the right move freezing the puck.
losing the faceoff was who? grabo. he tried his hardest to win the faceoff.
carlyle did not put his best out there at the end. his fault we lost a point. should of went with the best %, to give us a chance for that point.

listen to scrivens postgame.
never said he should praise players in public.

He didn't mention anyone by name. So no, he didn't "call anyone out".

If a coach is throwing someone under the bus, I think two things need to happen.

1 - Player is named specifically.

2 - Player is blamed for the result.

Neither happened.

Good effort though.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:03 AM
kihei

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
It's not our fault that your building is filled with a lot of Leaf fans Leaf fans boo Alife, have for years. that doesn't change when we go to Ottawa to watch a game
It strikes me as pretty classless, too, actually, so I think the Ottawa guy has a bit of a point.

Awful way to lose but these things happen. If Gunnar is not 100% yet, which seems likely, Liles or Komi should be out there instead of him. But I think this loss is on the coach as much as it is on anybody. Still, to only score one goal on that defense is very disappointing.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:10 AM
CanadasTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
Yup. I'm fine with that. Tonight it kind of bothers me just because He did screw up. There's no question. He had the wrong guy on the ice taking the draw. How could anybody say otherwise? So when he rips guys for losing but has himself played a significant part it irks me and hopefully it doesn't irk the players. In Scrivens post game he contradicts Randy. How can this be a good thing?
Quote:
this could be the start of something bad to happen, different carlyle tonight.
lets hope the players dont start to tune him out, now that he is starting to throw them under the bus.
Take a deep breath, relax. I know you're frustrated with the loss but you both sound like total drama queens

Carlyle made a good point and called it like it is without sugar coating what he saw. The situation could've been avoided if Scrivens hadn't froazen the puck -- period. Didn't hear what Scrivens said but why the heck would he contradict what happened? Since **** happens sometimes, all they needed to do now was to not miss their assignments, they could've easily prevented that winning goal but they blew that as well, they deserve the loss tonight and the players should be held accountable at all times. If they can't do the job, they need to sit.

Carlyle did say the sun will rise tomorrow and plans to address these brain farts in practice if they want to continue their success.

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:12 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

[QUOTE=Tak7;60360853]He didn't mention anyone by name. So no, he didn't "call anyone out".

If a coach is throwing someone under the bus, I think two things need to happen.

1 - Player is named specifically.

2 - Player is blamed for the result.

Neither happened.

Good effort though.[/QUOTE
freezing the puck and losing the faceoff lost us a point, #2 player blamed for result.
i'm blaming him for the lose tonight, carlyle. the game was lost when he made the decision on who to put out there at the end
you and him can say what you want, but he screwed up at the end.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
It strikes me as pretty classless, too, actually, so I think the Ottawa guy has a bit of a point.

Awful way to lose but these things happen. If Gunnar is not 100% yet, which seems likely, Liles or Komi should be out there instead of him. But I think this loss is on the coach as much as it is on anybody. Still, to only score one goal on that defense is very disappointing.
Well a lot of the things that Alfie has done or said over his career could be called classless as well, so it goes both ways

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:14 AM
trellaine201

Lets get Babbibuhlin from Edm

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:17 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Reimer will be back at worst Thursday... Scrivens makes 2 more starts if he plugs it up then Reimer can have a chance to run with it. best case is Scrivens plays well ( and he did tonight just got really unlucky bounces) and he wins monday and wednesday and Reimers plays well thursday and have a goalie controversy.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam View Post
Take a deep breath, relax. I know you're frustrated with the loss but you both sound like total drama queens

Carlyle made a good point and called it like it is without sugar coating what he saw. The situation could've been avoided if Scrivens hadn't froazen the puck -- period. Didn't hear what Scrivens said but why the heck would he contradict what happened? Since **** happens sometimes, all they needed to do now was to not miss their assignments, they could've easily prevented that winning goal but they blew that as well, they deserve the loss tonight and the players should be held accountable at all times. If they can't do the job, they need to sit.

Carlyle did say the sun will rise tomorrow and plans to address these brain farts in practice if they want to continue their success.
again, srivens did the right thing, watch the game. i'm going to defend him, cause he has won us games, players needed to score to help him out tonight.
carlyle did not give the team the best chance to win/tie the game at the end.
grabo was having a bad game at the dot. defence paring was awful all game.
blame should start with him 1st. carlyle
the lose, it happens, we are a good team we will bounce back.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Nashty

vCash: 262
I actually agree with cup67 (crazy to say), it was RC's fault. If you have the best faceoff guy in the NHL, and one of the best, you play them in your own zone, not Grabovski who was horrible.

1. Steckel
2. Bozak
3. McClement
4. Grabovski
5. Kadri

That should have be the order Carlyle has his faceoff men.

81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Nashty

vCash: 262
Take out the word "have" from my previous post, cannot edit.

81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:01 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Guys relax yes this one sucks to lose BUT they are 7-3 in their past can't ask for more then that and thats with Lupul, Frattin, Reimer and Gardiner all hurt. The team has yet to lose 2 stright and the PP and PK are getting better. They are on the right track.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:33 AM
noto0661

Honestly, Scrivens stopped the shot (goalie job) maybe it wasn't the greatest rebound control of the night, but the 2nd shot is a defenceman's responsibility and GUNNARSSON did a real **** job of boxing out (or containing) his man.

He is by far our softest D and doesn't do anything that well. I'd rather see Liles. At least he moves the puck well, and for a little guy he even gets more 'in your face' than Gunnar.

noto0661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:40 AM
robdicks

I'm really not a huge Scrivens fan. He really never looks like he is making a save on purpose and I really hate the way he holds his glove. That being said, he's been playing some good hockey lately. That second goal he gave up was certainly controllable and should have been controlled. The game winner was fault on him and gunnerson. You have one red sweater and 4 white ones and the red sweater gets to the rebound (that fairly, shouldn't have been there).

I really don't think he's the answer anyways, and i hope Reimer gets back soon. I think Reimer has a better chance of being the answer, but even he doesn't instill a large amount of confidence to me.

I hope both goalies keep playing well though. If they can prove me wrong I'd be very happy.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote