Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Our 5 Best Players This Season

Old
02-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Dtb1381

vCash: 500
Our 5 Best Players This Season

I saw this in the TML forum, thought it would be nice to see some of our peoples opinions on to whose been playing the best for us. I'll start us off.

1. David Krejci
2. Brad Marchand
3. Patrice Bergeron
4. Tuukka Rask
5. Dennis Seidenberg

Dtb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:22 AM
22Brad Park

(1) Rask
(2) Krecji
(3) Horton 6 goals and lots games he pumping shots off,he is very under rated in Bruins attack by most Bruins fans.I have liked his game so far this yr.
(4) Seidenberg
(5) Marchand and this is not in an order i consider ,,Just put them down ..

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Ratty

I think most of us will agree on four. Bergeron/Horty is the only question. Put me down for Patrice.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:36 AM
PlayMakers

Jay Pandolfo
Jay Pandolfo
Jay Pandolfo
Jay Pandolfo
Jay Pandolfo

02-26-2013, 07:39 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

1. Krejci
2. Marchand
3. Lucic
4. Rask
5. Seidenberg

HM Hamilton, Bergeron and even Seguin of late

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

I agree with your list, but I think Lucic deserves some mention too.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
remer

1. David Krejci
2. Tuukka Rask
3. Brad Marchand
4. Patrice Bergeron
5. Dougie Hamilton

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Bmessy

What about Ference? LOL!

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Fire Sweeney

Krejci
Rask
Marchand
Lucic
Paille

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:15 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

David Krejci - maybe the short season suits him better since every game counts now
Brad Marchand -you don't know how much it kills me to do this
Milan Lucic- started kind of slow but has really taken off lately
Patrice Bergeron- just his usual all around awesome self
Daniel Paille- absolute beast on the 4th line & PK. Having a great season.

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Marchand
Rask
Krejci
Lucic
Seidenberg

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Marchand
Lucic
Seidenerg
krejci
Rask

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

I'd like to offer 2 lists: 1 that is who are our top performers and who are the guys that are performing at a level higher than expected (7th playerish):

Top Performers:
Marchand
Bergeron
DK
Rask
Chara

Better than expected:
Marchand
Rask
Paille
Campbell
Horton

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:34 AM
LouJersey

vCash: 1000
Rask, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Horton and Bergeron. Cannot just list 5.

LouJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:36 AM
bp13

Cant argue with any of these lists.

Have to say I'm disappointed as all hell that Seguin doesn't warrant mention. We are winning so he's escaping criticism for the most part, but if this team was struggling, KPD would have authored a few "Jumbo Joe" comparison pieces by now. We've seen some signs from him in the last few games, but it's time he figured it out.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post

Have to say I'm disappointed as all hell that Seguin doesn't warrant mention. We are winning so he's escaping criticism for the most part, but if this team was struggling, KPD would have authored a few "Jumbo Joe" comparison pieces by now. We've seen some signs from him in the last few games, but it's time he figured it out.
While winning does mask it.. his over all play in other areas of the game also give me pause from dumping on him.

He's not scoring (goals) but he's still racking up assists (I believe he's on a 4 game point streak at the moment?), he's leading in +/-, he is back checking his ass off, saving goals, getting more and more physical in the corners.. I mean.. He's been playing pretty well. But he's still snake bit.

As long as the effort is being put in and he's helping the team and not just floating around out there.. I personally can't and won't dog on him. I know a lot of others will say that he's here to score goals and snipe and anything less than that is failure but I'll simply agree to disagree with that.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:

Seguin was pretty mediocre for the first 10 or so games (minus the rare flash here and there), but since then I feel like he's really impressed. He's working hard and getting his chances, just snake bit as all hell lately. I'm not sure he's ever going to be in the top echelon of NHLers like we may have hoped, but I'm not worried about him. He'll probably end up leading the team in scoring at the end of the year again.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Seguin was pretty mediocre for the first 10 or so games (minus the rare flash here and there), but since then I feel like he's really impressed. He's working hard and getting his chances, just snake bit as all hell lately. I'm not sure he's ever going to be in the top echelon of NHLers like we may have hoped, but I'm not worried about him. He'll probably end up leading the team in scoring at the end of the year again.
And why worry about it since aside from the only 6 points we didn't secure thus far everything else would have been insurance goals.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:37 AM
LouJersey

Quote:

If Seguin played the way he did vs TB and FLA every night he would be unstoppable.

I feel an 8 goals in 8 games streak coming up...

Old
02-26-2013, 10:43 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
If Seguin played the way he did vs TB and FLA every night he would be unstoppable.

Same. His goals will come in bunches and while it may peg him as an inconsistent player.. we also have to remember that he just turned 21 last month.

Whenever it happens, and I'd bet money that it does.. it will make us all forget about these first chunk of games.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:49 AM
bp13

Quote:

I agree.

Whammer the last thing I want is to start one of those childish debates we see on these boards when folks stand on either black or white. I don't hate the kid at all - I think he has twice as much talent as any forward on this roster. And I'll applaud him for the all-round game he's played lately - you are 100% correct.

All that said, he should be our "producer". I would gladly take a little less backchecking in exchange for more goals. I know Bergy is the model for some folks, but Seguin just has more talent and skill. I like that while he's struggled to score he's at least picked up his game, but it's time to score. He needs to finish, no excuses.

I've been thinking lately that it might be time for CJ to hand him the PP. Give him 1:30 like Laviollette does with Giroux in Philly or Bylsma with Crosby in Pitt. Tell him to step up and own it. Put some pressure on him.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
LouJersey

Quote:
I agree.

Whammer the last thing I want is to start one of those childish debates we see on these boards when folks stand on either black or white. I don't hate the kid at all - I think he has twice as much talent as any forward on this roster. And I'll applaud him for the all-round game he's played lately - you are 100% correct.

All that said, he should be our "producer". I would gladly take a little less backchecking in exchange for more goals. I know Bergy is the model for some folks, but Seguin just has more talent and skill. I like that while he's struggled to score he's at least picked up his game, but it's time to score. He needs to finish, no excuses.

I've been thinking lately that it might be time for CJ to hand him the PP. Give him 1:30 like Laviollette does with Giroux in Philly or Bylsma with Crosby in Pitt. Tell him to step up and own it. Put some pressure on him.
I agree 100%. I also stand by my Seguin and Subban for Simmonds and Vorcek offer. I would do that. I think Seguin will be a more complete Kessel..I don't have a problem with a guy scoring 35-40 goals and doing not much else...He will bring the effort and that's what I look for , but I think he will have his detractors here...wanting him to be something he isn't.

That being said, it is indeed time to step up and own it. I love the PP idea. Here it is. You are the QB.. you have the freedom to move around, run it...you also will be held responsible for it's success or failure. Accountable.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:57 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Same. His goals will come in bunches and while it may peg him as an inconsistent player.. we also have to remember that he just turned 21 last month.

Whenever it happens, and I'd bet money that it does.. it will make us all forget about these first chunk of games.
Playing Devil's advocate, 21 with two fulls years of experience is old enough. Kane had 30 goals and 88 points when he was 21. Ryan had 35 goals. Stamkos had 45g and 91 pts.

Linemates, system and all that aside, Seguin has that kind of talent. I don't think it's unfair to expect him to at least be our most prolific scorer this season. In a 48 game season he should pot 18+ with 40+ points in my opinion. He's on pace for 9/31. Not good enough. I expect it's coming and am not saying it won't, I'm just pointing out that this isn't good enough.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:00 AM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
At 21, Seguin is just a kid! The more experience he gets, the better he'll be.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
bp13

Quote:
I agree 100%. I also stand by my Seguin and Subban for Simmonds and Vorcek offer. I would do that. I think Seguin will be a more complete Kessel..I don't have a problem with a guy scoring 35-40 goals and doing not much else...He will bring the effort and that's what I look for , but I think he will have his detractors here...wanting him to be something he isn't.

That being said, it is indeed time to step up and own it. I love the PP idea. Here it is. You are the QB.. you have the freedom to move around, run it...you also will be held responsible for it's success or failure. Accountable.
He's young and the legs can handle it. He's got a great center to help him out defensively if/when he has any tired shifts. I'd tell him to stay on the ice on the PP the way Bourque could if he wanted to. Stay until you can't contribute.

Worst case the power play sucks, like it already does. Best case it improves, AND he gains confidence. I don't see the downside.