Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 01:39 PM
StormSurge9

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2012-13 Season Thread

Well last season didn't end quite the way Storm fans would have liked, they showed a ton of fight in the series against Plymouth but ultimatley came up short.

But even still, headed into next season, there is a ton of excitement surrounding this team and hopefully the Storm can get back to the OHL's elite!

First item of the off-season was the draft,

Round 1 - Robert Fabbri
Round 2 - Kyle Locke
Round 3 - Matthew Mancia
Round 5 - Alex Tuch
Round 5 - Marc Stevens
Round 7 - Andrew Dodge
Round 9 - CJ Bollers
Round 9 - Nolan Stevens
Round 10 - Oliver Chabot
Round 11 - Quinn Diamond
Round 12 - Eric Luzar
Round 13 - Davis Gadjovich
Round 14 - Max Balison
Round 15 - Griffen Heitshu

I think the only players we will see playing for the Storm next season are Fabbri and Locke. Mike Kelly has already said Mancia will play Jr B. next season. Alex Tuch is committed to the USNDP which means we likely won't see him for at least two years, if ever.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
StormSurge9

The Storm lead ALL CHL teams in players ranked by NHL Central Scouting.

Matt Finn leads the way ranked 16th among NA skaters, could very well sneak into the top half of the first round if things go right

Kosmachuk ranked 24th

Tanner Richard was ranked 41st in his second year of draft eligibilty

Brock McGinn had a large jump up to 49. His low ranking was likely due to that wrist injury, made an impact when he returned as well as in the postseason

Auger ranked 107, likely mainly because of his size.

Mitchell makes his way onto the list at 151, like Richard it's his second year of eligibilty. His hard work this season looks to be paying off.

Patrick Watling ranked 155

Zach Leslie ranked 204. I know Craig Button's rankings are a little off but he was ranked in the top 60 there. I think 204 may be a little low and I think he will get drafted.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Well last season didn't end quite the way Storm fans would have liked, they showed a ton of fight in the series against Plymouth but ultimatley came up short.

But even still, headed into next season, there is a ton of excitement surrounding this team and hopefully the Storm can get back to the OHL's elite!

First item of the off-season was the draft,

Round 1 - Robert Fabbri
Round 2 - Kyle Locke
Round 3 - Matthew Mancia
Round 5 - Alex Tuch
Round 5 - Marc Stevens
Round 7 - Andrew Dodge
Round 9 - CJ Bollers
Round 9 - Nolan Stevens
Round 10 - Oliver Chabot
Round 11 - Quinn Diamond
Round 12 - Eric Luzar
Round 13 - Davis Gadjovich
Round 14 - Max Balison
Round 15 - Griffen Heitshu

I think the only players we will see playing for the Storm next season are Fabbri and Locke. Mike Kelly has already said Mancia will play Jr B. next season. Alex Tuch is committed to the USNDP which means we likely won't see him for at least two years, if ever.
Tuch has not signed those papers yet....Guelph has been on him longer than any other team...lots of rumours had Guelph taking him in the first round...he may still come....

Diamond may be the biggest steal in this draft...what a gem of a player (I couldnt resist) he is a pure scorer....great skater...was injured early in the AL:LIANCE season where he had the point lead at the time....yes, over McCann.....good pickup here

Bollers is also a good pick in thet spot. He plays the game hard...its as if he brings a hard hat and lunch bucket with him to the rink. Amazing shift-to-shift consistency for a 15 yo. Lacks some puck skills but high IQ...really like this pickup too. He will play in the league.

Old
04-11-2012, 10:46 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
Tuch has not signed those papers yet....Guelph has been on him longer than any other team...lots of rumours had Guelph taking him in the first round...he may still come....

Diamond may be the biggest steal in this draft...what a gem of a player (I couldnt resist) he is a pure scorer....great skater...was injured early in the AL:LIANCE season where he had the point lead at the time....yes, over McCann.....good pickup here
My bad then, I thought I read he had signed. Good news then for Storm fans! Hopefully Tuch follows in the footsteps of Dustin Brown (Who played for the same Syracuse team)

I agree on Diamond, the more I read the more I like the kid. I heard that it was Scott Walker that wanted him more then any of the scouts as well.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Crottenham

When is the Storm rookie camp?

Old
04-14-2012, 11:52 PM
JSavoire

I'd have to agree with that as the rest will play Tier 2 or Midget in the case of later round picks with local options.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:55 PM
StormSurge9

Anyone know about the possibilty of Connor Carrick jumping to the OHL? His commitment to the USNDP is over. His play at the U-18 tournament has really impressed me, espically today against the Canadians.

I know he seems to have a commitment to U of M but it's happened before. Hopefully Mike Kelly can work his magic and get him to come to the O. He would be a great fit with our D needing work.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:40 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post

Diamond may be the biggest steal in this draft...what a gem of a player (I couldnt resist) he is a pure scorer....great skater...was injured early in the ALLIANCE season where he had the point lead at the time....yes, over McCann.....good pickup here

Bollers is also a good pick in thet spot. He plays the game hard...its as if he brings a hard hat and lunch bucket with him to the rink. Amazing shift-to-shift consistency for a 15 yo. Lacks some puck skills but high IQ...really like this pickup too. He will play in the league.
Fabbri and Garlent play similar style it will be interesting to see how they co exist together. I like the Bollers pick also. He recently broke his collarbone which may be a set back this summer.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:41 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Fabbri and Garlent play similar style it will be interesting to see how they co exist together. I like the Bollers pick also. He recently broke his collarbone which may be a set back this summer.
Bollers is a good kid, but being picked that late and with many other players (including from last year's stock) that are picked higher than him it will tough for him to get a crack ever. I know it happens the odd time with injuries etc., but the likelihood is marginal. Wish him luck nonetheless.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:47 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Bollers is a good kid, but being picked that late and with many other players (including from last year's stock) that are picked higher than him it will tough for him to get a crack ever. I know it happens the odd time with injuries etc., but the likelihood is marginal. Wish him luck nonetheless.
You never know. Draft position has nothing to do an OHL team, it all depends on how you come into camp.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:28 PM
StormSurge9

Wow did Kyle Locke ever impress at the rookie fitness camp. Benched 190 pounds 20 times. Certianly impressive from a 16 year old kid.

5 Picks missed the camp though, Fabbri (Sickness) Bollers (Shoulder injury) Luzar (Previous tryout commitments) and the two americans Tuch and Nolan Stevens were also no shows.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Wow did Kyle Locke ever impress at the rookie fitness camp. Benched 190 pounds 20 times. Certianly impressive from a 16 year old kid.

5 Picks missed the camp though, Fabbri (Sickness) Bollers (Shoulder injury) Luzar (Previous tryout commitments) and the two americans Tuch and Nolan Stevens were also no shows.
Luzar also has a shoulder injury missed OMHA Finals weekend because of it, re-injured during U17 Camp in Brampton.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
JSavoire

Well I always say better to have the illness and injury now and not at main camp as it can make for a trying opening roster.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
StormSurge9

Intresting to see Fabbri get signed early. The past two years our picks haven't been signed till later in the preseason. I can't wait to see him in action, seems like a stud.

Although not official, I heard from somewhere that Locke has signed as well. If true we will likely see it official next week.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:26 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Intresting to see Fabbri get signed early. The past two years our picks haven't been signed till later in the preseason. I can't wait to see him in action, seems like a stud.

Although not official, I heard from somewhere that Locke has signed as well. If true we will likely see it official next week.
I've watched Fabbri play many games over the past 10 or so years and I can certainly say he has the skill and vision to be an impact player. Grooving him in properly and developing him will be the role of the Guelph Coaching Staff but otherwise things look good for Guelph.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:

Fabbri reminds me of a lot of Garlent in their style of play. Tough to play against, never give up type players. Regarding picks being signed late, Garlent was signed extremely early last year. I believe he signed his contract on the day of the draft or not long after. He had all of his equipment before the U17 camp that occurred in July.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
StormSurge9

When did the others sign last season? Were they the ones that were late?

Or maybe it was Finn, Kos, and McGinn from the year before.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:14 PM
seen em all

Quote:
When did the others sign last season? Were they the ones that were late?

Or maybe it was Finn, Kos, and McGinn from the year before.
Menard to the Petes for picks, stay tuned

Old
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM
dirk

I heard Menard to Ottawa....67s love to bring the local boys home for their last year...

Old
06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
defensehockey19

Any news on Menard to Petes

Old
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
StormSurge9

Curious as to where the source of this rumour came from?

It wouldn't make sense from a Storm point of view unless Mike Kelly plans on using these picks as part of a bigger deal down the road.

Old
06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Curious as to where the source of this rumour came from?

It wouldn't make sense from a Storm point of view unless Mike Kelly plans on using these picks as part of a bigger deal down the road.
the rumour came from a former Petes player.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
marcusd777

Confirmed: Menard to Petes for a 2nd in 2014 and a 3rd in 2015.

http://guelphstorm.com/article/storm...cks-from-petes

Old
06-08-2012, 05:42 PM
StormSurge9

With a need still on defence and now two OA spots open?

Something tells me there will be a few more deals before training camp rolls around.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
defensehockey19

What can us Petes fans expect from Menard? Strengths/Weaknesses?

Closed Thread