HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks purchase the Peoria Rivermen (Post #162)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2013, 01:31 AM
  #126
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 200
Abbotsford Raspberries
Abbotsford Apostles
Abbotsford Inmates

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
  #127
JumpierPegasus
Mhm...
 
JumpierPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Abbotsford Raspberries
Abbotsford Apostles
Abbotsford Inmates

JumpierPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:56 AM
  #128
Stonz
Registered User
 
Stonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
The Abbotsford Aviators?
Good call!

Stonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:10 AM
  #129
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,324
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkle is Einhorn View Post
Ha beat me, but this is my version:

tis a winner. What started as a joke ends in this beauty

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
  #130
YouppiKiYay
Registered User
 
YouppiKiYay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bellingham, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Fresh Tweets

Quote:
Andy Strickland @andystrickland
To answer a number of questions...yes the #stlblues are looking to sell the Peoria Rivermen as they make no money owning an #AHL team.
Quote:
Andy Strickland @andystrickland
As for Moving Peoria to Kansas City, sources say the Sprint Center has zero interest in an #AHL team, more focused on the #NHL and the #NBA

YouppiKiYay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:35 PM
  #131
CanadianPirate
Registered User
 
CanadianPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
.

I don't believe for one second that Abbotsford is a good location for a minor league system with what the Heat have been through. Abbotsford has the worst travel in the AHL by far, the least amount of practice time and a major issue with injuries. This is not a good situation to bring prospects in and to be quite honest their games are boring as heck to watch.
I have never understood the less practice argument. Don't other ahl teams bus to most of their games while the heat fly? Even if other ahl teams are closer they would have around the same amount of practice time since busing takes longer.

CanadianPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:58 PM
  #132
bleedblack93
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
I don't believe for one second that Abbotsford is a good location for a minor league system with what the Heat have been through. Abbotsford has the worst travel in the AHL by far, the least amount of practice time and a major issue with injuries. This is not a good situation to bring prospects in and to be quite honest their games are boring as heck to watch.
Sounds like the perfect environment to get kids ready for the big club to me.

bleedblack93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
  #133
Zombotron
WD-57
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
What if they choose not to associate the hypothetical new team with Abbotsford? Imagine seeing them named for

-Vancouver
-B.C
-the Northwest
-the Pacific

Hmmmmmmm.

Zombotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
  #134
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie42ca View Post
Abbotsford convicts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Abbotsford Raspberries
Abbotsford Apostles
Abbotsford Inmates
I don't know, doesn't Chilliwack has like 5 prisons of something?
Abbotsford only has 1, albeit a maximum security one, I think.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:07 PM
  #135
MajorCanuck
Cup Please
 
MajorCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I don't know, doesn't Chilliwack has like 5 prisons of something?
Abbotsford only has 1, albeit a maximum security one, I think.
Abbotsford Murder
Abbotsford Hitmen
Abbotsford Reapers

MajorCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:13 PM
  #136
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,324
vCash: 50
Convicts - striped uniforms

Still partial to Abbotsford Monks/Bishops/Cardinals/etc

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
  #137
GJB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Sweden
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
What if they choose not to associate the hypothetical new team with Abbotsford? Imagine seeing them named for

-Vancouver
-B.C
-the Northwest
-the Pacific

Hmmmmmmm.
I wonder if the city of Abbotsford would have a say in that? hmmm...

GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
  #138
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,446
vCash: 50
As I already joked on the Wolves topic, can't help but laugh that I'll be going from casually attending one rival's affiliate to another's.

Things were a lot simpler when the Wolves were just the farm team of Atlanta.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
  #139
Zombotron
WD-57
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
I wonder if the city of Abbotsford would have a say in that? hmmm...

Zombotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
  #140
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCanuck View Post
Abbotsford Murder
Abbotsford Hitmen
Abbotsford Reapers
That's not half bad.
I wouldn't mind cheering for the Reapers.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:15 PM
  #141
The Stig
Moderator
now what
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maple Ridge B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 470
I dont know what idea I like more, putting them in Millionares jerseys....or the red yellow and black of the 94 era. Both would look great.

The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
  #142
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Oh please, get off your high horses
The name is going to be Abbotsford something. Abbotsford is already on hook for a lot of money and they rightly should call it by their city name.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:24 PM
  #143
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPirate View Post
I have never understood the less practice argument. Don't other ahl teams bus to most of their games while the heat fly? Even if other ahl teams are closer they would have around the same amount of practice time since busing takes longer.
Me to, they do have to travel further, but I would assume that most flights would be set up for after games or days off/night times after practice etc. ??? or do these guys spend every moment when they do not play training or something?

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:16 PM
  #144
Fat Tony
Registered User
 
Fat Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Time zone changes is a bigger factor than travel time, imo.

Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
  #145
JumpierPegasus
Mhm...
 
JumpierPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Convicts - striped uniforms

Still partial to Abbotsford Monks/Bishops/Cardinals/etc
Okay, THIS I understand

Unless I drive by it, I forget we have a prison here

JumpierPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
  #146
Katani Kalan
Registered User
 
Katani Kalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I don't know, doesn't Chilliwack has like 5 prisons of something?
Abbotsford only has 1, albeit a maximum security one, I think.
Chilliwack has zero federal institutions and Abbotsford has 3 and none are max.

Katani Kalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 10:55 PM
  #147
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchairgmvancouver View Post
Chilliwack has zero federal institutions and Abbotsford has 3 and none are max.
Ahh ok...
My information is wrong.

Somehow my friend told me that Chilliwack is surrounded by prisons.
Never bothered to check.

Edit:
Did a quick check.
Abbotsford has 1 (medium).
Chilliwack has 2 near it, in Kent (maximum) and Agassiz (medium).
Mission has 2, a minimum and medium.


Last edited by nameless1: 03-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.
nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:17 PM
  #148
Free Torts
Registered User
 
Free Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,095
vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Ahh ok...
My information is wrong.

Somehow my friend told me that Chilliwack is surrounded by prisons.
Never bothered to check.

Edit:
Did a quick check.
Abbotsford has 1 (medium).
Chilliwack has 2 near it, in Kent (maximum) and Agassiz (medium).
Mission has 2, a minimum and medium.
They're both 'surrounded' by prisons. Kent and Mountain (Agassiz), Matsqui and the Fraser Valley Institution for Women (Abbotsford), Ferndale and Mission (Mission). A friend of mine is the handyman at Kent. Not a nice place.

Edit: well, ****. Looks like you edited your post while I was writing mine. Damn.

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
  #149
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
They're both 'surrounded' by prisons. Kent and Mountain (Agassiz), Matsqui and the Fraser Valley Institution for Women (Abbotsford), Ferndale and Mission (Mission). A friend of mine is the handyman at Kent. Not a nice place.

Edit: well, ****. Looks like you edited your post while I was writing mine. Damn.
Sorry.
I just did a quick check on wikipedia.

It didn't mention the Fraser Valley one though.
Good to know.
Thanks for the correct info.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 PM
  #150
Free Torts
Registered User
 
Free Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,095
vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
No need to apologize!

It's an interesting region for sure and a good place for the Canucks to really cash in if they end up buying a team and moving it to the Valley. For what it's worth, my vote is still for the Abbotsford Fundies.

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.