Old
02-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
February 25

Bruins coast by Panthers
On Sunday, the Bruins submitted enough hard-hat grinding to term it a working vacation. The Bruins scored a 4-1 win over the Panthers to complete their two-game sweep of the Florida clubs. On Thursday, the Bruins beat the Lightning, 4-2.

“It’s nice to get that,” coach Claude Julien said of the sweep. “I know we’ve had our fair share of tough times here in Florida. We were unable to sweep here on a lot of occasions. To come in here, both those teams play really hard.

“As you saw tonight, they had their chances. Their goaltender made some big saves at the right times. We were fortunate enough to score on our occasions. The other night in the Tampa game, same thing. It was certainly a lot closer than the score indicated. Tough two games for us. But nice to come out on the winning side.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...HjJ/story.html

Julien up front about his backing of Lucic
Lucic’s boss didn’t have an issue with his infractions.

Lucic was responding to Weaver’s hit from behind. The Florida defenseman had bumped Lucic headfirst into the boards. No penalty was called.

“When I looked at it between periods, it appeared to be a cross-check,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said of Weaver’s play. “And [Lucic] wasn’t quite close to the boards. We felt that there maybe could have been an original call and we could have been on the power play vs. being down for four minutes. That’s Milan showing his character. We like him for what he is. He just reacted to what he thought was a dangerous play on him. I’ll accept that. So will the team. As you saw, we made sure we killed that off.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...zbJ/story.html

Life’s a beach as B’s finish Fla. sweep .
For the Bruins, it was a perfect enough Florida visit that the local chamber of commerce could use it for a promotional pitch.

Come on down, you Bostonians, and enjoy the sunshine, the beaches, the bikinis and the nightlife. Leave with a little tan, some fun memories — and a pair of solid victories.

The Bruins will fly north this morning having gotten the most out of their sojourn to warm, sunny Florida, where they capped a fairly rare sweep yesterday with a 4-1 victory over the Panthers that wasn’t as close as the score suggests.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...nish_fla_sweep

Non-call leaves B’s with time to kill .
SUNRISE, Fla. — Milan Lucic and the Bruins were the victims of some dubious refereeing late in the second period of their 4-1 win against the Florida Panthers yesterday. Lucic was cross-checked from behind by Mike Weaver, sent crashing hard into the boards on a hit that’s usually a penalty.

Nearby ref Mike Hasenfratz didn’t call it, but he did raise his arm when a furious Lucic gave Weaver a retaliatory cross-check. Lucic then jumped on Weaver’s back and drew an additional minor. And when Lucic beefed too vociferously from the box, referee Chris Lee hit him with a 10-minute misconduct.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...h_time_to_kill

Bruins' balanced attack defeats Panthers
The Bruins took a 1-0 lead on Lucic's goal at 7:57 of the first. David Krejci won the faceoff and pushed the puck out to Lucic at the top of the left circle for a slap shot that beat Markstrom on the stick side.

Boston went ahead 2-0 when Chara scored a nifty goal at 13:51. The 6-foot-9 Chara grabbed a loose puck above the circles, spun, and then stickhandled in close before backhanding a shot high into the net.

"You can't really plan that kind of a goal, those kinds of moves," Chara said. "My game is simple. That's not my priority. But I'm glad and happy we got a lead with that goal."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/...eats_panthers/

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
22Brad Park

vCash: 500
I read article where it says after Lucic got hit in that game Clode was fairly easy on refs .He has to stop that baloney and lash out a bit.Or it will keep going against Boston.I know he backed up the penalty but he should not be making excuses why refs missed it.They never missed it,they chose not to call it.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote