HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Time Magazine: The Cost of Health Care in America

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
  #126
Doppler Drift
Registered User
 
Doppler Drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
99% of humanity are violent psychopaths deep down inside. It's only .0000000001% that actually gets to express it.



Let's see, under this system they die but 38 (THIRTY-EIGHT) people whom they killed do not die. Given how the US gives no treatment to its mentally ill, this sounds better given that letting two mentally ill people die is easier to justify than 38 innocents.

Sometimes the mentally ill just want to die and we should not stop them from doing so. Look at Jovan Belcher and Mindy McCready, saving them would have not helped them one bit.
And many don't. The mentally ill are treated horrifically in China you fool. Not just the violent ones, all of them.

Why am I responding to this troll (or total idiot)? Good Bye.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:28 PM
  #127
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 14,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
WTF are you talking about? If it is deep down inside then how would you know this?
He has no idea what he is talking about.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
  #128
Johnnywhite
Registered User
 
Johnnywhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: White Hart Lane
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
He has no idea what he is talking about.
Sounds like he's about to fall in love with eugenics.

Johnnywhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
  #129
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 14,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
Sounds like he's about to fall in love with eugenics.
Yeah, that is ironic because he is just the type of person that theory/philosophy hopes to eliminate.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
  #130
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
And many don't. The mentally ill are treated horrifically in China you fool. Not just the violent ones, all of them.
And they are treated horrifically in the US as well. This is why every mentally ill male out of high school loses all treatment, finds guns, and shoots tons of people dead.

I wish the US gave a flying fudge about mental health like Canada does. They love and help their mentally ill.

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
  #131
Defensive Forward
Registered User
 
Defensive Forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
And they are treated horrifically in the US as well. This is why every mentally ill male out of high school loses all treatment, finds guns, and shoots tons of people dead.

I wish the US gave a flying fudge about mental health like Canada does. They love and help their mentally ill.
Um....

Quote:
Canada is the only G7 country without a national mental health strategy, says Louise Bradley, president of the Calgary-based Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Quote:
“Access to mental health services overall is pretty poor,” says Steve Lurie, executive director of the Canadian Mental Health Association. “In Ontario, basically one in three adults get access."
http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/03/22/m...e-for-the-few/

I can almost guarantee that the Aboriginal population has terrible access to mental health care too.

Defensive Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:32 AM
  #132
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
Sounds like he's about to fall in love with eugenics.
If we practiced eugenics on psychopaths, it would help humanity. The only problem is that eugenics were used for the wrong reasons on the wrong people and it ruined that forever.

The world would be a better place if humanity just reconciled its closeted envy of the Jews. If Hitler called the Beit Din in 1915 and converted, there would have been no Holocaust.

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:14 AM
  #133
kov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
The world would be a better place if humanity just reconciled its closeted envy of the Jews.
The Jews and Humanity are two separate groups?

kov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
  #134
Kadri43
Registered User
 
Kadri43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: noneofyourbusiness
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
If we practiced eugenics on psychopaths, it would help humanity. The only problem is that eugenics were used for the wrong reasons on the wrong people and it ruined that forever.
The first sentence could lead to a slippery slope. Also, the conception of right and wrong is way to much of broad concept and depends on history and location. To demonstrate, eugenics on Jews was considered by many to be "just". I would like to clarify my position, eugenics is a very dangerous practice or policy and should be used with utmost care. If anything, it should not be used at all, ever.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:14 PM
  #135
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
The first sentence could lead to a slippery slope. Also, the conception of right and wrong is way to much of broad concept and depends on history and location. To demonstrate, eugenics on Jews was considered by many to be "just". I would like to clarify my position, eugenics is a very dangerous practice or policy and should be used with utmost care. If anything, it should not be used at all, ever.
The problem with eugenics, outside of it being completely and totally immoral, is that it works based on a faulty understanding of genetics and evolution as a whole. You could breed cosmetic traits like skin color, hair color and eye color (though with dominate genes battling with multiple regressive appearances, that's much harder to do in humans than, say, dogs), and some genetically acquired diseases like Type II Diabetes and MS, but a lot of diseases, mental and otherwise, and even some cosmetic traits, are most likely more nurture than nature. The fact is, the advances in our understanding in genetics is what ultimately saw the concept of eugenics abandoned, though the stigma provided by Nazi Germany helped a lot, too.

Cynicaps is likely a troll and knows already, but his theory of getting rid of psychopaths via eugenics is almost certainly impossible.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
  #136
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kov View Post
The Jews and Humanity are two separate groups?
Jews are better than humanity. Jews are the HBO to the TV of everyone else. The non-Jews are just jealous that they aren't Jewish.

I say the things that need to be said that people won't say.

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:08 PM
  #137
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Jews are better than humanity. Jews are the HBO to the TV of everyone else. The non-Jews are just jealous that they aren't Jewish.

I say the things that need to be said that people won't say.
Indeed. If you didn't say such stupid things, people might actually think they aren't so stupid.

Important role you play here.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:21 PM
  #138
Kadri43
Registered User
 
Kadri43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: noneofyourbusiness
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
I say the things that need to be said that people won't say.
You say things that no one else is retarded enough to say.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:08 PM
  #139
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
You say things that no one else is retarded enough to say.
Like that the US is corrupt and beyond repair? Or that there is NO way to fix corrupt crony capitalism and unfettered lobbying in the US except resorting to dictatorship because there is ZERO way to do it in the existing framework? Or that Communism is better than the plutocratic kleptocracy the US has because at leas Communism gives a flying crap about the poor and middle-class?

I look at Castro and see someone which the US needs a version of. He fought for the poor and the rich ran away and poisoned the US. What I would do for a person like him to get the corrupt out of office and fix this nation. You Canadians love Castro so don't speak out against him.

People are commodities, mere bags of organs.

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
  #140
Johnny LaRue
Registered User
 
Johnny LaRue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kudamatsu-shi, Japan
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Like that the US is corrupt and beyond repair? Or that there is NO way to fix corrupt crony capitalism and unfettered lobbying in the US except resorting to dictatorship because there is ZERO way to do it in the existing framework? Or that Communism is better than the plutocratic kleptocracy the US has because at leas Communism gives a flying crap about the poor and middle-class?

I look at Castro and see someone which the US needs a version of. He fought for the poor and the rich ran away and poisoned the US. What I would do for a person like him to get the corrupt out of office and fix this nation. You Canadians love Castro so don't speak out against him.

People are commodities, mere bags of organs.
You do realize that there are roughly 33 million Canadians. Not all of us share the same views, eh? We're the second largest country in the world and views throughout the country can be quite different. Views also change based based on income level and the urban/suburban/rural divide just like in the USA.

On that note, I guarantee there are many Canadians who do not love Castro. I have never met the guy, but he seems like a mere tin pot dictator to me.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:26 PM
  #141
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
You do realize that there are roughly 33 million Canadians. Not all of us share the same views, eh? We're the second largest country in the world and views throughout the country can be quite different. Views also change based based on income level and the urban/suburban/rural divide just like in the USA.

On that note, I guarantee there are many Canadians who do not love Castro. I have never met the guy, but he seems like a mere tin pot dictator to me.
Yeah it would be more accurate to say we love Cuba rather than we love Castro.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:38 AM
  #142
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kov View Post
The Jews and Humanity are two separate groups?
Jews are obviously disguised lizard people.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:39 AM
  #143
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
You do realize that there are roughly 33 million Canadians. Not all of us share the same views, eh? We're the second largest country in the world and views throughout the country can be quite different. Views also change based based on income level and the urban/suburban/rural divide just like in the USA.

On that note, I guarantee there are many Canadians who do not love Castro. I have never met the guy, but he seems like a mere tin pot dictator to me.
The bold part shows your true colors: Anti-Antarctican bias.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:15 AM
  #144
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
You do realize that there are roughly 33 million Canadians. Not all of us share the same views, eh? We're the second largest country in the world and views throughout the country can be quite different. Views also change based based on income level and the urban/suburban/rural divide just like in the USA.

On that note, I guarantee there are many Canadians who do not love Castro. I have never met the guy, but he seems like a mere tin pot dictator to me.
Canada can use a LOT more than 33 million people. It has the land and it has to the south a nation in decline which has millions who would LOVE to actually live in a first world nation. If you've seen Michael Moore's "Sicko", you know how much Cuba cares about its people.

At least Canada sees Castro as a human being and not the outdated view of a savage. Canada also doesn't have a system which allows .25% of the population to hijack foreign policy based off of old grudges. For a nation founded on freedom from tyranny, the US seems to love palacating the tyrannical bullies the Cuban exiles are.

Castro gives an ish about the poor. JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, (especially) Reagan, both Bushes, and Clinton did no and Obama does not.

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:18 AM
  #145
Kadri43
Registered User
 
Kadri43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: noneofyourbusiness
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Or that Communism is better than the plutocratic kleptocracy the US has because at leas Communism gives a flying crap about the poor and middle-class?
Yes because communism actually helped the middle class and the poor . Do you know anything about the many mass starvations in Soviet Russia? Do you happen to know that in some rural areas people actually ate each other because of the fact that they literally had no food. Do you know how many people died of starvation in Soviet Russia? How about during the Mao Zedong regime in China? How abut the number of people that died in the Soviet reign of terror? Jesus ****ing christ dude. You are ****ing retarded and should probably reconsider your life.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:19 AM
  #146
Kadri43
Registered User
 
Kadri43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: noneofyourbusiness
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Canada can use a LOT more than 33 million people. It has the land and it has to the south a nation in decline which has millions who would LOVE to actually live in a first world nation. If you've seen Michael Moore's "Sicko", you know how much Cuba cares about its people..
You get your information from Michael Moore. Personally, I get mine from those with phd's in the field but that is just me.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
  #147
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
Yes because communism actually helped the middle class and the poor . Do you know anything about the many mass starvations in Soviet Russia? Do you happen to know that in some rural areas people actually ate each other because of the fact that they literally had no food. Do you know how many people died of starvation in Soviet Russia? How about during the Mao Zedong regime in China? How abut the number of people that died in the Soviet reign of terror? Jesus ****ing christ dude. You are ****ing retarded and should probably reconsider your life.
Yes, the Soviets and Mao-era Chinese had famine issues as has the DPRK (though they're more a cult/monarchy than true Communism). But a country going into such a system would know not to ration food because it never works. Nor would the government I want do such a thing.

What the US needs badly is a purge of bad ideologies and crony capitalism. However, there is no way to implement this in the US's current framework so...

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
  #148
Gobias Industries
Registered User
 
Gobias Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
Yes, the Soviets and Mao-era Chinese had famine issues as has the DPRK (though they're more a cult/monarchy than true Communism). But a country going into such a system would know not to ration food because it never works. Nor would the government I want do such a thing.

What the US needs badly is a purge of bad ideologies and crony capitalism. However, there is no way to implement this in the US's current framework so...
You're nuts about most things, but I'll agree with this.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
  #149
Cynicaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
You're nuts about most things, but I'll agree with this.
The problem is there is no way to do such a move within the current framework and the easiest solution (letting the Confederacy reform and states besides Texas go on their own) is technically illegal. Therefore, the only solution is a drastic one.

I think a few years under a dictatorship will help Americans get along and rise up to tackle a corrupt system. Either that or as they did for runaway slaves and draft dodgers Canada is merely going to have to allow Americans to immigrate no questions asked and not get $10,000 in bond to do so. If Americans can do that for Cubans leaving oppression, Canada darn well should do the same for Americans leaving oppression.

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
  #150
Gobias Industries
Registered User
 
Gobias Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
The problem is there is no way to do such a move within the current framework and the easiest solution (letting the Confederacy reform and states besides Texas go on their own) is technically illegal. Therefore, the only solution is a drastic one.

I think a few years under a dictatorship will help Americans get along and rise up to tackle a corrupt system. Either that or as they did for runaway slaves and draft dodgers Canada is merely going to have to allow Americans to immigrate no questions asked and not get $10,000 in bond to do so. If Americans can do that for Cubans leaving oppression, Canada darn well should do the same for Americans leaving oppression.
Back to being nuts.

I think you're drastically overstating the difference between Canada and the USA, but that's your MO anyway.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.