HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CHL Playoffs Underway

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2005, 04:28 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
CHL Playoffs Underway

In the WHL PA has taken an early lead in the series 1-0. No Chipchura yet but if PA can put some wins together then perhaps he'll get the chance. I really can't say cause he didn't talk about how far along he is other then he's not 100% but he has been skating. Their next game is saturday night as they take on the Blades again.

In the OHL, the Petes get underway tonight at 7 pm against Belleville. Games are shown on webcast, although the free feeds weren't that great of quality imo.

In the QMJHL Halak leads Lewiston as they take on Shawinigan at 8 pm on friday night. Dulac-Lemelin and Lacasse start their series friday night as well at 7:30 pm against Chicoutimi. Seems doubtful Lacasse will start. Danny Stewart and Rimouski get a first round bye.

In the NCAA Cornell takes on Ohio State saturday night. The game is being shown on leafs tv and I believe the NHL network as well as espnu. The Sweet 16 tournament is a single game match, winner goes on to conference finals on sunday. Winner of that goes onto the final four.

Old
03-24-2005, 07:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Petes take a 3-0 lead in the 1st game. Flood with a goal. +1 Stewart with 2 pims so far.

Old
03-24-2005, 08:18 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Petes take a 3-0 lead in the 1st game. Flood with a goal. +1 Stewart with 2 pims so far.
I saw a bit of this game. Flood is real solid, his goal was a nice pinch in from the blueline. The coach plays him A LOT - at one point it felt like he was on for four minutes straight. Both PP and PK icetime... he's relied upon greatly (hence him being the captain, I suppose). Seems defensively solid, too, though I didn't see enough of him to confrim this.

Liked what I saw from Stewart, too, but he's still rough around the edges. Lots of energy - feisty and passionate.

Old
03-24-2005, 08:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
I saw a bit of this game. Flood is real solid, his goal was a nice pinch in from the blueline. The coach plays him A LOT - at one point it felt like he was on for four minutes straight. Both PP and PK icetime... he's relied upon greatly (hence him being the captain, I suppose). Seems defensively solid, too, though I didn't see enough of him to confrim this.

Liked what I saw from Stewart, too, but he's still rough around the edges. Lots of energy - feisty and passionate.

He picked up an assist tonight as well, with Pete's up 5-0 late in the game. Flood is solid in his own end, he's very smart positionally, although he seems to run into trouble with his lack of strength. He won't be a crease clearing type, but he skates so well, can protect and move the puck well, can run the PP and is solid in his own end. I think he's a very good prospect and can't wait to see what he does in the AHL assuming he signs and gets a spot next year.

Stewart I only saw once last year and was impressed with his physical game. At the development camp he stood out for being a first timer. Had a nice slap shot, always working hard, skates well although not great but he also has good speed. I hope he bulks up a bit, but the biggest question I would say is his offensive upside at the higher levels. I expect a big year from him next year for the Petes. He might want to consider not dropping the gloves, cause every fight I've seen him in, it hasn't gone too well for him, but I've only seen 2-3 fights.

Old
03-24-2005, 08:57 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
He picked up an assist tonight as well, with Pete's up 5-0 late in the game. Flood is solid in his own end, he's very smart positionally, although he seems to run into trouble with his lack of strength. He won't be a crease clearing type, but he skates so well, can protect and move the puck well, can run the PP and is solid in his own end. I think he's a very good prospect and can't wait to see what he does in the AHL assuming he signs and gets a spot next year.
I agree, he was a great pickup for later in the draft. He seems like a real leader type guy, hopefully he'll bulk up so his lack of strength won't hamper him.

Old
03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Quiet Robert

Thanks to those free broadcasts, I got to see the Petes 4 times or so and I was really impressed with Flood. He seems to be a really good leader, plays with confidence and is used in all situations. 4 or 5 games isn't a lot judge a player, but he looked good in all the games. I wasen't that high on him a while back but I really want to see what he can do in Hamilton. He's obviously not the huge banging type, but I like how he plays.

He picked up 1G and 1A and was +1 tonight as the Petes win 5-0.

Old
03-24-2005, 09:13 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
He picked up 1G and 1A and was +1 tonight as the Petes win 5-0.
It don't add up

Old
03-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopeep
It don't add up
According to the OHL site, the Petes scored 4 PP goals. I listened to a bit of the game and at the end they recaped it and it sounded like most of the goals were on the PP. Flood scored his goal even strength and that's why he's +1.

Old
03-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So far tonight:

After 2 periods : 2-1 Chicoutimi against Baie-Comeau, Dulac with 2PIM no points 1 shot, Lacasse not playing

With 13:00 minutes in the 2nd period, 2-1 Lewiston against Shawinigan, Halak had 14 shots so far.

Old
03-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Quiet Robert

Just went final, Chicoutimi wins 4-1 over Baie-Comeau.

Dulac-Lemelin with 4 pims and -1. Lacasse didn't get the start. I don't know what's going on but it seems Dupont has gotten a lot of starts since the game on RDS were Lacasse got pulled. Hopefully Lacasse will get some more starts, but I'm not too confident.

Old
03-25-2005, 09:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Just went final, Chicoutimi wins 4-1 over Baie-Comeau.

Dulac-Lemelin with 4 pims and -1. Lacasse didn't get the start. I don't know what's going on but it seems Dupont has gotten a lot of starts since the game on RDS were Lacasse got pulled. Hopefully Lacasse will get some more starts, but I'm not too confident.

Dupont has been the starter for some time. Lacasse started the year off as the starter but lost that job a while back. He's had a rough year to say the least. I can't see him starting in any games, just as I can't see Drakkar winning this series.

Halak seems to be having a good night so far. 1 ga in the 3rd.

Non Habs but how about Victo pounding Quebec, 6-3.

Old
03-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Dupont has been the starter for some time. Lacasse started the year off as the starter but lost that job a while back. He's had a rough year to say the least. I can't see him starting in any games, just as I can't see Drakkar winning this series.
Do you think he has a chance at winning his job back next year? Admittedly he's been brutal. GAA at 4.14 , SV% at .882. Definetly not a good year. I haven't seen him much, but it does seem like he got around half the starts. I though maybe they were splitting time, but I guess he's lost his spot? On RDS (1 months ago I think) they were discussing how he and Dupont were battling for the starters role, but Lacasse has been so bad I guess Dupont deserves to play.

Either way though, I agree with you, I can't see Baie-Comeau winning the series.

Old
03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Do you think he has a chance at winning his job back next year? Admittedly he's been brutal. GAA at 4.14 , SV% at .882. Definetly not a good year. I haven't seen him much, but it does seem like he got around half the starts. I though maybe they were splitting time, but I guess he's lost his spot? On RDS (1 months ago I think) they were discussing how he and Dupont were battling for the starters role, but Lacasse has been so bad I guess Dupont deserves to play.

Either way though, I agree with you, I can't see Baie-Comeau winning the series.

They were splitting time, but Dupont got more starts since around december and seemed to have a lot more success, so it makes sense he would be the starter. Perhaps Dupont wasn't named the starter but he played in the bigger games from what I saw. As for next year who knows tough to say.

Halak gets the win, 1ga on 28 shots. Lewiston takes a 1-0 series lead.

Last edited by montreal: 03-25-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old
03-26-2005, 05:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Halak with another big game, gets the win. He's 2-0 and has stopped 56 of 58 shots in the 2 games. He stopped 29 of 30 today for the win.

Drakkar lost, Lacasse didn't play. Dulac 2 pims, +1, 1 shot, no pts.

Petes game two starts in less then a hour.

Cornell is losing 1-0 in the 1st. They are not a very good come from behind team, so they will need to get it going or their season is over. Ohio State played them very tough last year, as the game was won by Cornell in OT.

Old
03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Dynasty

Petes won their game tonight to take a 2-0 lead in the series. Flood had 1 assist and was a +1.

Old
03-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Petes won their game tonight to take a 2-0 lead in the series. Flood had 1 assist and was a +1.
Great to see Flood playing well. I'm thinking the Petes sweep this one. Flood has 3 points in 2 games now; that's great to hear.

Drakkar unfortunately I can't see winning this series. So I guess Lacasse will just have to work hard in the off season and try to win the starters job for next year.

Lewiston wins again. I predicted Lewiston wins in 7 but it seems like they might do it earlier. Seems like Halak is really playing well. He's having a great series.

I hope the Cornell game is on the NHL network. I haven't checked the programming, but they played 2 or 3 NCAA games tonight so I'm hoping Cornell is on tomorrow. Seeing O'Byrne lead his team to a W would be great.

Old
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Dynasty

Petes win again tonight by a score of 5-1 to take a commanding 3-0 lead. I saw the game broadcast live on the internet...very strong game by the Petes. Flood had another terriffc game as he was a +3 on the night, but no points. Rookie Jordan Staal had an outstanding game with 1g and 1a and was named 1st. star in the game. Also, once again (no surprises here as he's Mr. consistent) Daniel Ryder played a stellar game and was named 2nd star. He scored a key short handed goal, which was also the winning goal and beautiful. It was a huge goal because although the Petes were playing very well and getting lots of chances they just weren't finishing off and as a result Bellville had tied the game and were looking to go ahead on the power play. If Ryder had not scored it may very well have been a different game. Ryder's goal might may turn out then to be a key goal for, not only the game, but the whole series. This kid is goin' places! At age 18 he is already an outstanding two way player.

Old
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Petes win again tonight by a score of 5-1 to take a commanding 3-0 lead. I saw the game broadcast live on the internet...very strong game by the Petes. Flood had another terriffc game as he was a +3 on the night, but no points. Rookie Jordan Staal had an outstanding game with 1g and 1a and was named 1st. star in the game. Also, once again (no surprises here as he's Mr. consistent) Daniel Ryder played a stellar game and was named 2nd star. He scored a key short handed goal, which was also the winning goal and beautiful. It was a huge goal because although the Petes were playing very well and getting lots of chances they just weren't finishing off and as a result Bellville had tied the game and were looking to go ahead on the power play. If Ryder had not scored it may very well have been a different game. Ryder's goal might may turn out then to be a key goal for, not only the game, but the whole series. This kid is goin' places! At age 18 he is already an outstanding two way player.
I think Gregory Stewart also scored a goal.

Old
03-28-2005, 06:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One

1g 1a for Stewart, his first career playoff points.

Old
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Yeah, he did but did not stand out like Flood, Staal and Ryder.

Old
03-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Quiet Robert

QMJHL playoffs

Lewiston beat Shawinigan 6-3 to take a 3-0 lead in the series.
-Halak: Made 34 out of 37 saves.

Non Habs related, but monster game for Bourret. 2G, 3A, 6 Pims and +2. He's having a great series.

Baie-Comeau beat Chicoutimi 7-2 to bring the series to 2-1 for Chicoutimi.
-Dulac-Lemelin: 2 assists, 9 Pims, +1.
-Lacasse: Didn't play again.

Last edited by Quiet Robert: 03-29-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old
03-29-2005, 10:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Halak leads the league in gaa and save %, going into tonights win.

Things seemed to get out of hand in the Drakkar game, with a ton of pims handed out in the 3rd.

Pete's lost in ot, 4-3. Flood with 1 assist. was on the ice for all 6 goals going into ot. Stewart no pts, 4 pims.

Old
03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
saskhab

P.A. has taken a 3-0 series lead over Saskatoon, almost certainly setting up a 2nd round matchup against the Brandon powerhouse. No word on if Chipchura will be back for that series.

Old
03-30-2005, 08:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

In the Q, Halak lets in 2 as his team wins their series. He's leading the Q in gaa (1.67) and save % (.947%) in 3 games. Tonight his team won in OT, as he stopped 27 of 29 shots for his 4th win! Halak was also the 2nd star of the game tonight.

No Lacasse and no pts for Dulac, -1.

Edit: wow Drakkar ties up the game, then wins in ot, series tied 2-2. Dulac no pts ended E on the night, 3 shots.

Last edited by montreal: 03-30-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old
03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
P.A. has taken a 3-0 series lead over Saskatoon, almost certainly setting up a 2nd round matchup against the Brandon powerhouse. No word on if Chipchura will be back for that series.
Chipchura's back in the lineup tonight for Game 4 against Saskatoon. 2-2 tie midway through the 3rd.

Closed Thread