HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cbj - nyr

Old
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM
joemon999

vCash: 500
Cbj - nyr

To CBJ:

Brad Richards

To NYR:

Dubinsky
Anisimov
Erixson

Could it be done CBJ fans?

joemon999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

This is dumb.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:05 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemon999 View Post
To CBJ:

Brad Richards

To NYR:

Dubinsky
Anisimov
Erixson

Could it be done CBJ fans?

Idea behind trade = hysterical
Thinking this is good value = funnier

CBJ isn't taking Richards and his contract. Should've tried while Howson was still in charge.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post

I had the exact same thought.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
TSA0402

This is quite funny, because as of last year Brad Richards was considered a tier above Jason Spezza to most fans. Now he is being voluntarily dealt for second tier players.

Overreaction much?

And to the OP, no. It just doesn't make sense for Columbus. They need alot more than Brad Richards. They need a Mackinnon + Jenner +

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:

CBJ isn't taking Richards and his contract. Should've tried while Howson was still in charge.
Would never do this as a Rangers fan. Richards has had like 15 bad games and has still been putting up points. He'll be fine.

Also, lets not act like long contracts are a complete negative. Remember when kovalchuk signed that new contract and sucked for the first half of the season......nice to know how short-sighted people can be.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
TheRightWay

With every passing day it becomes more and more intolerable to be a Rangers fan on this forum. I almost want the Rangers to start winning more because I want the stupidity to end than for winning itself.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
With every passing day it becomes more and more intolerable to be a Rangers fan on this forum. I almost want the Rangers to start winning more because I want the stupidity to end than for winning itself.
Welcome to the same boat as us Columbus fans.

Neither team does this. Both Anisimov and Dubi are on IR by the way.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:35 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I think the Jackets need to add a first and NY adds a conditional 3rd. Then it'd be a bit more even.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:38 AM
TampaBolt
Muck Fichigan!

That is not even fair value in NHL 13.

TampaBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Welcome to the same boat as us Columbus fans.

Neither team does this. Both Anisimov and Dubi are on IR by the way.
To be fair (and I don't mean this condescendingly), at least Blue Jackets fans have an excuse for being irrational and on the brink of insanity. The franchise has experienced chronic losing since its existence. Meanwhile, the Rangers underachieve for 17 games a year removed from finishing first in the Eastern Conference and making the ECF and suddenly it's ****ing anarchy.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Coconut Head
Save us, Mark Pysyk!

Rangers may need to add a prospect, say, Steven Delisle?

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Would never do this as a Rangers fan. Richards has had like 15 bad games and has still been putting up points. He'll be fine.

Also, lets not act like long contracts are a complete negative. Remember when kovalchuk signed that new contract and sucked for the first half of the season......nice to know how short-sighted people can be.
Long contracts aren't a complete negative.. but they are negatives, especially with the new cap recapture system.

Never said Kovalchuk's contract was a positive either.. not sure where he even comes into play either though.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Quote:

The thing about long contracts, is we won't know how good or bad they are until the lean years hit, whenever that may be...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Long contracts aren't a complete negative.. but they are negatives, especially with the new cap recapture system.

Never said Kovalchuk's contract was a positive either.. not sure where he even comes into play either though.
He comes into play because you act like Richards has no value, which is just untrue. The Rangers wouldn't do this in a million years. Richards, regardless of his crappy start to the season, is a huge part of this team both now and in the future.

We knew what we were getting when we signed him. he's not sidney crosby, but he's a first line center, a guy who while not a game breaker is still very good.

The only way he would be traded is if another first-line center is coming back. As Rangers fans we know that isn't Anisimov, we sure as hell don't need dubi's cap hit back and erixon doesn't make up for the gaping hole that Richards would leave.

No one has a clue about long-term contracts, that i agree with, but lets not act like just because it's a long contract and a player is slumping that he has crap value.

This is an awful proposal and one that wouldn't even be considered for a millisecond. Those guys are done as Rangers, at least for now.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:12 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
He comes into play because you act like Richards has no value, which is just untrue. The Rangers wouldn't do this in a million years. Richards, regardless of his crappy start to the season, is a huge part of this team both now and in the future.

We knew what we were getting when we signed him. he's not sidney crosby, but he's a first line center, a guy who while not a game breaker is still very good.

The only way he would be traded is if another first-line center is coming back. As Rangers fans we know that isn't Anisimov, we sure as hell don't need dubi's cap hit back and erixon doesn't make up for the gaping hole that Richards would leave.

No one has a clue about long-term contracts, that i agree with, but lets not act like just because it's a long contract and a player is slumping that he has crap value.

This is an awful proposal and one that wouldn't even be considered for a millisecond. Those guys are done as Rangers, at least for now.
Please show me where I said Richards has no value. Very interested to see such a statement.

That trade IMO favors the Rangers and is unfair for the Jackets. That doesn't mean Richards has no value, just not as much as the OP thinks. The value Richards does have is affected by his contract.

It may not make sense for the Rangers (it doesn't) but sense and value are different things.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but winning won't change that.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Please show me where I said Richards has no value. Very interested to see such a statement.

That trade IMO favors the Rangers and is unfair for the Jackets. That doesn't mean Richards has no value, just not as much as the OP thinks. The value Richards does have is affected by his contract.

It may not make sense for the Rangers (it doesn't) but sense and value are different things.
By saying Richards isn't worth that package (of which i'm pretty damn familiar with) is retarded.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Hate to break it to you, but winning won't change that.
Good point. Though it would be a bit less insane. The Rangers could win the Stanley Cup this year and our fanbase would whine about the order in which the players sat for the team photo. How do people even live like this? If there's this much panic, knee-jerk reactions, and anxiety over 17 games of a hockey season how do these people even function when truly important things come up?

Old
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
By saying Richards isn't worth that package (of which i'm pretty damn familiar with) is retarded.
He's saying the package isn't worth it for the Blue Jackets. Which is probably accurate. They're a lottery team. I don't see what good trading three young guys for a 32 year old center does them.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
He's not worth that package, especially considering where CBJ is at.

Would you trade Nash and a 3rd for Richards and a 1st?

That's exactly what you're asking CBJ to do... I wouldn't..

Last edited by DevilChuk*: 02-25-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
To be fair (and I don't mean this condescendingly), at least Blue Jackets fans have an excuse for being irrational and on the brink of insanity. The franchise has experienced chronic losing since its existence. Meanwhile, the Rangers underachieve for 17 games a year removed from finishing first in the Eastern Conference and making the ECF and suddenly it's ****ing anarchy.
Yes, it can lead to drug use.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
He's saying the package isn't worth it for the Blue Jackets. Which is probably accurate. They're a lottery team. I don't see what good trading three young guys for a 32 year old center does them.
Bingo. Actually Dubinsky is on the verge of being named CBJ captain, Anisimov has been very solid and is young and Erixon has really played well since his recall. Columbus is looking to grow long term with players like this. I like Richards and know he would add a lot to the CBJ offense but it would be a bad move in my opinion.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:24 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Yes, it can lead to drug use.
When I read some posts on the CBJ board I have a feeling that it already led to extended drug use

The timing of this proposal is really bad.
The fact that Anisimov and Dubi are on IR is not an accident. They played every game like that's their last game, with heart and passion. That's something the Jackets fans were missing for years.
Last night Erixon played on Jack Johnson's spot and was the best defenseman on the ice.

There's no chance that the Jackets would trade those three for an aging center with questionable contract.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:56 PM
dethomas07

richards for Dubi all day, but come on thats just a ridiculous offer

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote