HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cbj - nyr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM
  #1
joemon999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Cbj - nyr

To CBJ:

Brad Richards

To NYR:

Dubinsky
Anisimov
Erixson

Could it be done CBJ fans?

joemon999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
  #2
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
This is dumb.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:05 AM
  #3
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemon999 View Post
To CBJ:

Brad Richards

To NYR:

Dubinsky
Anisimov
Erixson

Could it be done CBJ fans?


Idea behind trade = hysterical
Thinking this is good value = funnier

CBJ isn't taking Richards and his contract. Should've tried while Howson was still in charge.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
  #4
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post


Idea behind trade = hysterical
Thinking this is good value = funnier
I had the exact same thought.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
  #5
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 500
This is quite funny, because as of last year Brad Richards was considered a tier above Jason Spezza to most fans. Now he is being voluntarily dealt for second tier players.

Overreaction much?

And to the OP, no. It just doesn't make sense for Columbus. They need alot more than Brad Richards. They need a Mackinnon + Jenner +

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
  #6
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post


Idea behind trade = hysterical
Thinking this is good value = funnier

CBJ isn't taking Richards and his contract. Should've tried while Howson was still in charge.
Would never do this as a Rangers fan. Richards has had like 15 bad games and has still been putting up points. He'll be fine.

Also, lets not act like long contracts are a complete negative. Remember when kovalchuk signed that new contract and sucked for the first half of the season......nice to know how short-sighted people can be.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
  #7
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
With every passing day it becomes more and more intolerable to be a Rangers fan on this forum. I almost want the Rangers to start winning more because I want the stupidity to end than for winning itself.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:32 AM
  #8
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
With every passing day it becomes more and more intolerable to be a Rangers fan on this forum. I almost want the Rangers to start winning more because I want the stupidity to end than for winning itself.
Welcome to the same boat as us Columbus fans.

Neither team does this. Both Anisimov and Dubi are on IR by the way.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:35 AM
  #9
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
I think the Jackets need to add a first and NY adds a conditional 3rd. Then it'd be a bit more even.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:38 AM
  #10
TampaBolt
Muck Fichigan!
 
TampaBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
That is not even fair value in NHL 13.

TampaBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
  #11
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Welcome to the same boat as us Columbus fans.

Neither team does this. Both Anisimov and Dubi are on IR by the way.
To be fair (and I don't mean this condescendingly), at least Blue Jackets fans have an excuse for being irrational and on the brink of insanity. The franchise has experienced chronic losing since its existence. Meanwhile, the Rangers underachieve for 17 games a year removed from finishing first in the Eastern Conference and making the ECF and suddenly it's ****ing anarchy.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:41 AM
  #12
Coconut Head
Save us, Mark Pysyk!
 
Coconut Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WNY
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
Rangers may need to add a prospect, say, Steven Delisle?

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
  #13
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Would never do this as a Rangers fan. Richards has had like 15 bad games and has still been putting up points. He'll be fine.

Also, lets not act like long contracts are a complete negative. Remember when kovalchuk signed that new contract and sucked for the first half of the season......nice to know how short-sighted people can be.
Long contracts aren't a complete negative.. but they are negatives, especially with the new cap recapture system.

Never said Kovalchuk's contract was a positive either.. not sure where he even comes into play either though.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
  #14
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Would never do this as a Rangers fan. Richards has had like 15 bad games and has still been putting up points. He'll be fine.

Also, lets not act like long contracts are a complete negative. Remember when kovalchuk signed that new contract and sucked for the first half of the season......nice to know how short-sighted people can be.
The thing about long contracts, is we won't know how good or bad they are until the lean years hit, whenever that may be...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
  #15
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Long contracts aren't a complete negative.. but they are negatives, especially with the new cap recapture system.

Never said Kovalchuk's contract was a positive either.. not sure where he even comes into play either though.
He comes into play because you act like Richards has no value, which is just untrue. The Rangers wouldn't do this in a million years. Richards, regardless of his crappy start to the season, is a huge part of this team both now and in the future.

We knew what we were getting when we signed him. he's not sidney crosby, but he's a first line center, a guy who while not a game breaker is still very good.

The only way he would be traded is if another first-line center is coming back. As Rangers fans we know that isn't Anisimov, we sure as hell don't need dubi's cap hit back and erixon doesn't make up for the gaping hole that Richards would leave.

No one has a clue about long-term contracts, that i agree with, but lets not act like just because it's a long contract and a player is slumping that he has crap value.

This is an awful proposal and one that wouldn't even be considered for a millisecond. Those guys are done as Rangers, at least for now.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:12 AM
  #16
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He comes into play because you act like Richards has no value, which is just untrue. The Rangers wouldn't do this in a million years. Richards, regardless of his crappy start to the season, is a huge part of this team both now and in the future.

We knew what we were getting when we signed him. he's not sidney crosby, but he's a first line center, a guy who while not a game breaker is still very good.

The only way he would be traded is if another first-line center is coming back. As Rangers fans we know that isn't Anisimov, we sure as hell don't need dubi's cap hit back and erixon doesn't make up for the gaping hole that Richards would leave.

No one has a clue about long-term contracts, that i agree with, but lets not act like just because it's a long contract and a player is slumping that he has crap value.

This is an awful proposal and one that wouldn't even be considered for a millisecond. Those guys are done as Rangers, at least for now.
Please show me where I said Richards has no value. Very interested to see such a statement.

That trade IMO favors the Rangers and is unfair for the Jackets. That doesn't mean Richards has no value, just not as much as the OP thinks. The value Richards does have is affected by his contract.

It may not make sense for the Rangers (it doesn't) but sense and value are different things.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:53 AM
  #17
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
With every passing day it becomes more and more intolerable to be a Rangers fan on this forum. I almost want the Rangers to start winning more because I want the stupidity to end than for winning itself.
Hate to break it to you, but winning won't change that.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
  #18
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Please show me where I said Richards has no value. Very interested to see such a statement.

That trade IMO favors the Rangers and is unfair for the Jackets. That doesn't mean Richards has no value, just not as much as the OP thinks. The value Richards does have is affected by his contract.

It may not make sense for the Rangers (it doesn't) but sense and value are different things.
By saying Richards isn't worth that package (of which i'm pretty damn familiar with) is retarded.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
  #19
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Hate to break it to you, but winning won't change that.
Good point. Though it would be a bit less insane. The Rangers could win the Stanley Cup this year and our fanbase would whine about the order in which the players sat for the team photo. How do people even live like this? If there's this much panic, knee-jerk reactions, and anxiety over 17 games of a hockey season how do these people even function when truly important things come up?

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
  #20
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
By saying Richards isn't worth that package (of which i'm pretty damn familiar with) is retarded.
He's saying the package isn't worth it for the Blue Jackets. Which is probably accurate. They're a lottery team. I don't see what good trading three young guys for a 32 year old center does them.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
  #21
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
By saying Richards isn't worth that package (of which i'm pretty damn familiar with) is retarded.
He's not worth that package, especially considering where CBJ is at.

Would you trade Nash and a 3rd for Richards and a 1st?

That's exactly what you're asking CBJ to do... I wouldn't..


Last edited by DevilChuk*: 02-25-2013 at 12:18 PM.
DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
  #22
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
To be fair (and I don't mean this condescendingly), at least Blue Jackets fans have an excuse for being irrational and on the brink of insanity. The franchise has experienced chronic losing since its existence. Meanwhile, the Rangers underachieve for 17 games a year removed from finishing first in the Eastern Conference and making the ECF and suddenly it's ****ing anarchy.
Yes, it can lead to drug use.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
  #23
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
He's saying the package isn't worth it for the Blue Jackets. Which is probably accurate. They're a lottery team. I don't see what good trading three young guys for a 32 year old center does them.
Bingo. Actually Dubinsky is on the verge of being named CBJ captain, Anisimov has been very solid and is young and Erixon has really played well since his recall. Columbus is looking to grow long term with players like this. I like Richards and know he would add a lot to the CBJ offense but it would be a bad move in my opinion.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:24 PM
  #24
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Yes, it can lead to drug use.
When I read some posts on the CBJ board I have a feeling that it already led to extended drug use

The timing of this proposal is really bad.
The fact that Anisimov and Dubi are on IR is not an accident. They played every game like that's their last game, with heart and passion. That's something the Jackets fans were missing for years.
Last night Erixon played on Jack Johnson's spot and was the best defenseman on the ice.

There's no chance that the Jackets would trade those three for an aging center with questionable contract.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:56 PM
  #25
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
richards for Dubi all day, but come on thats just a ridiculous offer

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.