HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky and Gagner to the theoretically Malkinless Pens at the deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  #1
TomGilbert2point0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Hemsky and Gagner to the theoretically Malkinless Pens at the deadline

What would be their top offer? Gagner is an RFA at the end of the season and Hemsky has one more year at around 5 mil...too lazy to look up.

TomGilbert2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:17 PM
  #2
Jag68Sid87
Registered User
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 28,322
vCash: 500
The Malkinless Pens fold up their tents and go home for the summer.


Theoretically.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:19 PM
  #3
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 9,732
vCash: 500
just out of curiosity - what kind of team would the Oilers ice if they traded 2/3s of their second line?

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
  #4
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
two players that always appeared in Oilers trade offers to the Pens. my answer is the same right now: i don't want either of them for anything, regardless of Malkin's health status by the deadline.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  #5
drizzydrew22*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGilbert2point0 View Post
What would be their top offer? Gagner is an RFA at the end of the season and Hemsky has one more year at around 5 mil...too lazy to look up.
their soft players and they wouldnt do well under bylsmas system, it be like the kovy situation.

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:24 PM
  #6
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGilbert2point0 View Post
What would be their top offer? Gagner is an RFA at the end of the season and Hemsky has one more year at around 5 mil...too lazy to look up.
Pittsburgh shouldn't want any part of this.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
  #7
topchowda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
their soft players and they wouldnt do well under bylsmas system, it be like the kovy situation.
You may be mixed up

Gagner: small statue but he is willingly to hit people and go to dirty areas, doesnt excel in the dirty areas as much as a Richards, but will throw hits

Hemsky: Injury prone but will also go into dirty areas. Part of the reason why he was always hurt was because he went to those areas. Niether are Kovy

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
  #8
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
No thanks.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
  #9
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
What would it take for one of them to go to NJ ?

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
  #10
drizzydrew22*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
You may be mixed up

Gagner: small statue but he is willingly to hit people and go to dirty areas, doesnt excel in the dirty areas as much as a Richards, but will throw hits

Hemsky: Injury prone but will also go into dirty areas. Part of the reason why he was always hurt was because he went to those areas. Niether are Kovy
im not mmixed up, i like to watch oilern games to see yakupov and you whole top 6 teams is made of sissys, they barely hit and they jump out of the way when someone comes after them much like a briere or ennis

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:30 PM
  #11
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
What would it take for one of them to go to NJ ?
one? offer for both if you want (even if the Devils in real life were to land either or both). i don't want either on the Pens.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
  #12
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
We could use a top 6 forward. I dont think we need 2, but if isnt at tooo much of a price, I wouldnt be against it

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:42 PM
  #13
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 70,122
vCash: 500
What would Pittsburgh have to give up out of interest, not that I think it'd be a deal that the Penguins would want to do.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:45 PM
  #14
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
Shocked that no one has said Letang yet

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:46 PM
  #15
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Pass, the Pens have nothing they would be willing to trade, that the Oilers would want.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
  #16
EchoesoftheEighties
#Oilers2015
 
EchoesoftheEighties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 19,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
im not mmixed up, i like to watch oilern games to see yakupov and you whole top 6 teams is made of sissys, they barely hit and they jump out of the way when someone comes after them much like a briere or ennis
I more or less agree with this. The Oilers are extremely soft. Probably the softest team in the league.

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
  #17
Anderson55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
The Malkinless Pens fold up their tents and go home for the summer.


Theoretically.
no no they dont, thats ridiculous

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
  #18
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,187
vCash: 500
Gagner wont be moved edmontons center depth without Gagner is terrible.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:05 PM
  #19
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
Stafford for Gagner

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:16 PM
  #20
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
just out of curiosity - what kind of team would the Oilers ice if they traded 2/3s of their second line?
Well they can't really finish lower in the standings. It does get them closer to their yearly goal of the first overall pick.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:20 PM
  #21
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,649
vCash: 500
These threads haven't gone well in the past, so let's just assume that the Penguins fans are interested in both Gagner and Hemsky: what would Oilers fans want for the package?

Note: if Malkin is out, the only roster player even remotely available is Tyler Kennedy. This isn't me being stingy, just reality. Go from there.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:23 PM
  #22
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Dear Oil fans,

Your team is getting better and just played the hawks into OT. You don't need to trade for futures now, you need to develop the young players by getting the team into the playoffs. Don't trade Hemsky and Gagner. Instead trade any pick but 1st round, and spare parts for one or two rental vets.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
  #23
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Well they can't really finish lower in the standings. It does get them closer to their yearly goal of the first overall pick.
HAHAH haven't heard that one before! oh boy!

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
  #24
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
These threads haven't gone well in the past, so let's just assume that the Penguins fans are interested in both Gagner and Hemsky: what would Oilers fans want for the package?

Note: if Malkin is out, the only roster player even remotely available is Tyler Kennedy. This isn't me being stingy, just reality. Go from there.
If we assume that the Pens are interested in Hemsky and Gagner, nothing wrong with just forging ahead and also assuming that Oilers fans are keen on Kennedy.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
  #25
topchowda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Dear Oil fans,

Your team is getting better and just played the hawks into OT. You don't need to trade for futures now, you need to develop the young players by getting the team into the playoffs. Don't trade Hemsky and Gagner. Instead trade any pick but 1st round, and spare parts for one or two rental vets.
Exactly. But this is just a proposal thread.

Gagner and Hemsky are already etablished, it would take 2-3 years for a rookie to match their production. I would much rather trade prospects/picks.

Hemsky could be dealt though for another established players

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.