HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If not Regier than who?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
  #101
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,246
vCash: 50
Could have Feaster..or worse Tambellini...

Definitely worse options out there than DR

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
  #102
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,278
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
He built that current team, thats better than ours, from nothing. I'd be cool with burkie
Burke? Blech. As I said on page 1, **** Burke. The Ducks team was largerly built by others and he failed in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Ferguson drafted guys like Kulemin, Komarov, Frattin, Gunnarson and people aren't exactly lining up to put his name into any hats for the next GM anywhere.

Hextall and Nill remain the two guys I'm most interested in seeing here.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
  #103
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,246
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Burke? Blech. As I said on page 1, **** Burke. The Ducks team was largerly built by others and he failed in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Ferguson drafted guys like Kulemin, Komarov, Frattin, Gunnarson and people aren't exactly lining up to put his name into any hats for the next GM anywhere.

Hextall and Nill remain the two guys I'm most interested in seeing here.
So you dont give him credit in Vancouver for bringing in their core of the Sedins, Kesler ect..

You dont give him credit in Anaheim for putting his team over the top with some very good trades.

You dont give him credit for being patient with Kadri, making the Lupul and Gardiner trade, stocking the prospect pool and making that great JVR trade in Toronto.

Burke built that Leafs team from nearly top to bottom.

Right after Burke left TOR and VAN they became playoff teams, from his footprint, and he has a Stanley Cup ring with Anaheim.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
  #104
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,733
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
He built that current team, thats better than ours, from nothing. I'd be cool with burkie
Toronto wouldn't make the playoffs, in all likelihood, if the season went 82 games. They're beating the percentages right now with both a very high shooting% and a high SV%, and they're a terrible possession team--as evidence, they're just behind Washington and Tampa, and ahead of only Buffalo, CBJ, and Edmonton. This is the first year the Leafs have been better than the Sabres since the first lockout, so spare me the "I wish we were Toronto" talk.

Yes, Burke's more bombastic than Regier, but I don't care about that. You know who else makes bold trades? Paul Holmgren. And he decimated a Cup contender with "bold" trades. But for Burke's Kessel trade, they'd likely have Seguin and Dougie Hamilton, and they could've signed in UFA a 35-goal scorer, one-way player like Kessel. And, as Chain pointed out, most of their young contributors weren't even drafted by Burke.

In short, **** Burke, get someone else.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
  #105
sabresandcanucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
So you dont give him credit in Vancouver for bringing in their core of the Sedins, Kesler ect..

You dont give him credit in Anaheim for putting his team over the top with some very good trades.

You dont give him credit for being patient with Kadri, making the Lupul and Gardiner trade, stocking the prospect pool and making that great JVR trade in Toronto.

Burke built that Leafs team from nearly top to bottom.

Right after Burke left TOR and VAN they became playoff teams, from his footprint, and he has a Stanley Cup ring with Anaheim.
I caution you about Vancouver....many feel he would have given up on guys like Kesler and the Sedins because it took them so long to develop into the players they are now.

Nonis deserves a lot of credit for what happened in Vancouver. He stuck with the current core when everyone else wanted them gone for great players like Ollie Jokenin

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.