HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If not Regier than who?

Old
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Could have Feaster..or worse Tambellini...

Definitely worse options out there than DR

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
He built that current team, thats better than ours, from nothing. I'd be cool with burkie
Burke? Blech. As I said on page 1, **** Burke. The Ducks team was largerly built by others and he failed in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Ferguson drafted guys like Kulemin, Komarov, Frattin, Gunnarson and people aren't exactly lining up to put his name into any hats for the next GM anywhere.

Hextall and Nill remain the two guys I'm most interested in seeing here.

03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Burke? Blech. As I said on page 1, **** Burke. The Ducks team was largerly built by others and he failed in both Vancouver and Toronto.

Ferguson drafted guys like Kulemin, Komarov, Frattin, Gunnarson and people aren't exactly lining up to put his name into any hats for the next GM anywhere.

Hextall and Nill remain the two guys I'm most interested in seeing here.
So you dont give him credit in Vancouver for bringing in their core of the Sedins, Kesler ect..

You dont give him credit in Anaheim for putting his team over the top with some very good trades.

You dont give him credit for being patient with Kadri, making the Lupul and Gardiner trade, stocking the prospect pool and making that great JVR trade in Toronto.

Burke built that Leafs team from nearly top to bottom.

Right after Burke left TOR and VAN they became playoff teams, from his footprint, and he has a Stanley Cup ring with Anaheim.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
He built that current team, thats better than ours, from nothing. I'd be cool with burkie
Toronto wouldn't make the playoffs, in all likelihood, if the season went 82 games. They're beating the percentages right now with both a very high shooting% and a high SV%, and they're a terrible possession team--as evidence, they're just behind Washington and Tampa, and ahead of only Buffalo, CBJ, and Edmonton. This is the first year the Leafs have been better than the Sabres since the first lockout, so spare me the "I wish we were Toronto" talk.

Yes, Burke's more bombastic than Regier, but I don't care about that. You know who else makes bold trades? Paul Holmgren. And he decimated a Cup contender with "bold" trades. But for Burke's Kessel trade, they'd likely have Seguin and Dougie Hamilton, and they could've signed in UFA a 35-goal scorer, one-way player like Kessel. And, as Chain pointed out, most of their young contributors weren't even drafted by Burke.

In short, **** Burke, get someone else.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
sabresandcanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
So you dont give him credit in Vancouver for bringing in their core of the Sedins, Kesler ect..

You dont give him credit in Anaheim for putting his team over the top with some very good trades.

You dont give him credit for being patient with Kadri, making the Lupul and Gardiner trade, stocking the prospect pool and making that great JVR trade in Toronto.

Burke built that Leafs team from nearly top to bottom.

Right after Burke left TOR and VAN they became playoff teams, from his footprint, and he has a Stanley Cup ring with Anaheim.
I caution you about Vancouver....many feel he would have given up on guys like Kesler and the Sedins because it took them so long to develop into the players they are now.

Nonis deserves a lot of credit for what happened in Vancouver. He stuck with the current core when everyone else wanted them gone for great players like Ollie Jokenin

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote