HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Jody Arias Trial: Guilty

Old
02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
yotesreign

vCash: 500
Jody Arias Trial: Guilty

Anyone else watching any of the daytime coverage of her trial on TruTv or Headline News? I find myself glad I am not on the jury and don't have to listen all day long - I can change the channel or leave the room.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Nope

I for one care not for these TV trials they push upon us all the time. I am too busy to care

CASEY ANTHONY

JODI ARIAS

KILLED HER BOYFRIEND

BRING ON NANCY GRACE

Pshaw

The only trial I cared about was the Amanda Knox one and that was only because Fire Sather was making such a big deal about his precious Manda in chat

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Fry this chick.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Two crazy people get together and a murder happens. Nothing to see here.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Agreed

Just another uninteresting TV trial hyped up by the media. She isn't even that hot either

Move along

Old
02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
I had no idea what this was until I clicked the thread, how long has it been going on? I couldn't really care less about the end result.. once it's put on TV like this it becomes just about meaningless to me. It's completely for ratings and to bring in money off it.

It's the same way I felt about Casey Anthony. Sure, what she did was horrible... but the fact that I had to sit through hearing the case day in/day out when I didn't want to for, what was it, like 3-4 years just made me not give a ****.

And for "Foxy Knoxy's" sake, she's quite the beauty!! In fact, she was listed in Maxim's Hot-100 list last year at #92.

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

See, the problem is people watch HLN and TruTV. TruTV is known for idiotic reality TV shows, with dialogue that you can't understand because pretty much every word is censored. When they're not airing "Lizard Lick Towing" or similar filth, they contribute to the media machine and "fascination" with these type of "high profile" cases. I see no appeal at ALL to this case.

To be fair, I didn't start hearing about it on HLN or TruTV. I heard about it because ABC News started freaking out about it in promos, although they never once mentioned it on World News with Diane Sawyer. "WANT TO KNOW THE LATEST ABOUT THE JODY ARIAS CASE? WATCH GMA TOMORROW MORNING."

The point is, this is just another case hyped up by the media for ratings. People will watch like sheep. The question is why? This case has very little interest at all. But I guess that is the state of cable these days, where inane trials like this receive attention from ratings-seeking networks. I'm just glad CNN (the primary network) hasn't stooped down to this level, yet.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 80

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

ixcuincle, are you actually typing these rants or stealing them from the internet?

If typing, cheerio. PRetty hilarious ****.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

I do not plagiarize

Old
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 535
Why would anyone watch Nancy Grace?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Why would anyone watch Nancy Grace?
Believe me...people do

She is totally unwatchable

Old
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Lost any shred respect I had for Nancy Grace when I saw what she did to that kidnapped girl during their on-air interview. Just would not shut up.

02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

have no idea who she is

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

It's unfortunate, but I've been sucked in. Watching Juan Martinez grill her, and her response is actually entertaining. She's weaved so many lies that she can't keep them straight anymore. She's a sociopath. Hopefully she gets the death penalty.

mizzoublues29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Fry this chick.
Exactly. I haven't seen Nancy Grace but I know who Nancy Grace is - she must be on later in the day when there's better things to watch on tv like Family Feud.

This Jody Arias only stabbed an ex-boyfriend 29 times, slit his throat from ear to ear & shot him in the head - first denied being there, then said she was there (after confronted with evidence she was there) but there were two black intruders who did it, then after they didn't buy that and she changed her tune and said 'oh uh, yeah, well I dropped his camera and he said he was going to kill me for doing that so I killed him in self-defense'.

Because she was stalking him like some bunny-boiling fatal attraction 'if I can't have him no one can' stalker.

She's a skunky, skanky ceeyounexttuesday, and I agree with Jonathan they need to fry her - I'd say fry her until she's dead and charred to the color of coal, but only because the law won't let them stab her 29 times, then slit her throat from ear to ear, then shoot her in the f---ing head with a bullet to the brain.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

Juan Martinez is basically ****ing with her until he gets to the actual murder.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
FWIW, the prosecutor is a joke.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:00 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Who's nancy grace....you Americans man...with nancy grace and seltzer

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
FWIW, the prosecutor is a joke.
It's only day 3, and Arias continues to lose credibility while being called out for every lie. Her entire defense is a series of lies, which are being exposed.

Completely different person we see as compared to when she gave her testimony. Dodging questions, suddenly can't recall anything, unwilling to cooperate.

This isn't even a contest.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoublues29 View Post
It's unfortunate, but I've been sucked in. Watching Juan Martinez grill her, and her response is actually entertaining. She's weaved so many lies that she can't keep them straight anymore. She's a sociopath. Hopefully she gets the death penalty.
What sucked you in

How is this appealing to anyone

I mean I'm not a law geek or law nerd and I am far from a legal expert so I don't care about these cases and regularly ignore them on the news, but I want to know what about these cases makes them so interesting that so many people care

Why do the cases draw so much attention on HLN and TruTV

Old
02-26-2013, 11:21 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
What sucked you in

How is this appealing to anyone

I mean I'm not a law geek or law nerd and I am far from a legal expert so I don't care about these cases and regularly ignore them on the news, but I want to know what about these cases makes them so interesting that so many people care

Why do the cases draw so much attention on HLN and TruTV
C'mon, anyone could easily ask what's so good about HF to post here as much as we do.

Different strokes for different folks, etc

Honestly I agree with you as there are similar cases to this every week if you really looked, but for some reason this one gained more notoriety.

Just let it be. Court cases have become TV spectacles for some reason

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:00 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I had no idea what this was until I clicked the thread, how long has it been going on? I couldn't really care less about the end result.. once it's put on TV like this it becomes just about meaningless to me. It's completely for ratings and to bring in money off it.

It's the same way I felt about Casey Anthony. Sure, what she did was horrible... but the fact that I had to sit through hearing the case day in/day out when I didn't want to for, what was it, like 3-4 years just made me not give a ****.

And for "Foxy Knoxy's" sake, she's quite the beauty!! In fact, she was listed in Maxim's Hot-100 list last year at #92.
I don't know. The Casey Anthony stuff really got to me, probably because it had to do with a child. Just effed up. But I've never heard of this Jody person until this thread.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
I don't know. The Casey Anthony stuff really got to me, probably because it had to do with a child. Just effed up. But I've never heard of this Jody person until this thread.
Poor wording on my behalf.. especially the word "meaningless".. it's more that I feel it's "pointless".

The fact that it has to do with a child is probably the only reason that I did feel something. That may sound bad to some because a death is a death regardless of age, but it's just somehow different when it's a child/elderly person as the victim.

It's not that I didn't care about it, I did.. but the constant coverage over every little thing day in/day out over the 3-4 years just got to the point that if I saw anything to with it, I instantly switched it because I found it annoying.

I've noticed something though.. It seems that whenever there's a case like this that gets mass coverage, the suspect(s) always turn out to be not guilty. Off the top of my head I can think of four... West Memphis Three, OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, Amanda Knox. Honestly, don't be surprised if in the end Jodi is found innocent.

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:47 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

They should ask for more details about her sex life.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote