HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Jody Arias Trial: Guilty

Old
02-27-2013, 10:27 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoublues29 View Post
Sympathy?

I can't imagine anyone feeling any sympathy for Arias. I think the verbal assault has not only been justified, but necessary for this particular case. He's only been forced to badger her because of her unwillingness to cooperate, and extremely convenient memory loss. I don't think any other method of conveying this case to the jury would drive his points across. Seriously, she's been acting childish and ignorant during the cross...I don't think Martinez has much else of a choice but to act like an *******.

And while I don't have any idea about how a trial should operate...it doesn't matter. What the legal community thinks is irrelevant. It's all about the jury. We can all assume the jury has no legal background or legal experience, they don't know how a trial should operate. Martinez is doing a fantastic job of exposing her lies, decimating her credibility, all while showing the jury a.) how crazy she is and b.) that the entire road trip was her premeditated plan to murder Travis Alexander.

I really don't find his behavior over the top, in the least bit. I seriously doubt anyone in that courtroom feels any sympathy for her. Who expected him to be easy on her?

Again, is he supposed to be kind or show empathy towards a psychotic murderer?

Sympathy? No. Maybe the only people that feel any sort of sympathy are defense lawyers trying to use that card...but I seriously doubt that card even exists in the juror's minds.
You're missing the point. There is a reason that this is directly taught against in law school. These types of trials have come and gone thousands of time over. Juries have been polled thousands upon thousands of times. There is a specific reason you are not supposed to badger the witness/defendant. Juries just do not like it.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The judge can't sentence her to death.
Shows you my level of knowledge...I assume the jury has to convict based on the prosecutor seeking the death penalty? So if they find her guilty who hands down the sentance? The judge I assume...So the jury is only responsible for finding the person guily/not guilty and then whether or not the person gets death or not? Is that the way it works? I am not a big trial junkie...

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:00 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Shows you my level of knowledge...I assume the jury has to convict based on the prosecutor seeking the death penalty? So if they find her guilty who hands down the sentance? The judge I assume...So the jury is only responsible for finding the person guily/not guilty and then whether or not the person gets death or not? Is that the way it works? I am not a big trial junkie...
Judge can sentence people to years in jail. He can't choose death, though. SCOTUS decided that. Think it was an Arizona case. Too lazy to look it up.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Anyone else watching any of the daytime coverage of her trial on TruTv or Headline News? I find myself glad I am not on the jury and don't have to listen all day long - I can change the channel or leave the room.
I always find trials really interesting. I often go the Superior Court here and watch criminal or civil trials as sort of a hobby. I just find the whole process interesting to observe, really.

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:03 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

I have this disgusting urge to pull for whoever Nancy Grace wants to see locked up. She's a terrible person, so it kinda makes sense, but these people are often guilty.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:08 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
I have this disgusting urge to pull for whoever Nancy Grace wants to see locked up. She's a terrible person, so it kinda makes sense, but these people are often guilty.
She's such a douchebag.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:36 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

Martinez nailed it today. He got Arias to admit to her own lies. Her game is over.

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Nancy Disgrace

As far as the trial is concerned. I didn't follow any of it seeing that I don't really care. In fact, the only time I was really ever into watching a trial minute by minute was the OJ Simpson Murder trial.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
..like the Duke lacrosse players?

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Unfortunately they are still 'guilty' in the eyes of many feminists and morons. Also, there is the little fact that their futures are ruined over false allegations that they were maliciously prosecuted over.

But nobody cares about that.

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:08 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

So, the prosecutor blew this open today. Amazing job by him after days of badgering her. Holy shit. Where was this guy the rest of the time?

Old
03-01-2013, 02:09 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoublues29 View Post
Martinez nailed it today. He got Arias to admit to her own lies. Her game is over.
Yes. It was incredible. The jury just potentially forgot about everything prior to today. I still think his badgering was idiotic and potentially dangerous, but he put the nail in the coffin today. I still think they may very well lose the death penalty. But she is getting life at the minimum.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
OFTEN

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Nancy Disgrace

As far as the trial is concerned. I didn't follow any of it seeing that I don't really care. In fact, the only time I was really ever into watching a trial minute by minute was the OJ Simpson Murder trial.
Probably the best post by AP of all time. I agree with the sentiment.

Vyacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Yes. It was incredible. The jury just potentially forgot about everything prior to today. I still think his badgering was idiotic and potentially dangerous, but he put the nail in the coffin today. I still think they may very well lose the death penalty. But she is getting life at the minimum.
Yep. All her tears be they fake or not, crocodile or not, dry or not, are for her that she's caught in a web of lies she spun. I hope I get to see Juan's closing argument when the time comes for it.

She deserves to die from what I've heard. There's a reason why she says she was in a fog - there's no way even as skillful a pathological liar that she is, that she can say with his throat slit from ear to ear and with eight stab wounds in the back that he was coming after her to kill her.

What is she going to say? That 'I thought he was the Terminator, he was still breathing and trying to get up after 27 stab wounds, a bullet to the brain and his throat slit from ear to ear, so I stabbed him again'? Even she knows that is unbelievable. So she clams up.

She dyed her hair so she would look to anyone passing by the house from the sidewalk or street, like someone else. She rented a car unlike her own car, so anyone who knew her car would not think it was her car they were seeing as they passed by the house. The license plate was attached upside down. She had two five gallon gas cans full of gas in the trunk. She made up BS story about where she was going. She left him emails and text messages after she klilled him, to the effect of 'hi hon, sorry I didn't get to come to your house this month, maybe we can see each other next month huh lol that would be so great sweetie'.

I could go on. Her only chance at escaping a death sentence is if there is a juror who is so against the death penalty that they ignore the jury instructions that will be issued before deliberations and hold out for a lesser charge.

Last edited by yotesreign: 03-01-2013 at 09:56 AM.
yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Nancy Disgrace

I just don't see why I or you should care

Listen, I'm all for law discussion but when it involves crap like this involving human trash like this, which simply is more fodder for Nancy Grace to spout off on HLN like she's an "expert", then this country's sad obsession with court cases is going too far.

You'll never convince me that this trial or it's verdict is worth watching

Just zero interest value whatsoever

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

https://twitter.com/CBSLA/statuses/307525906149306368

Quote:
Watch pre-trial motions hearing for #LindsayLohan live at 8:30 AM on @cbsla and #KCAL9
The way the media is headed...soon stuff like this will end up on HLN. MSM covering PRE TRIAL for Lindsay Lohan. Why?

Old
03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
https://twitter.com/CBSLA/statuses/307525906149306368

The way the media is headed...soon stuff like this will end up on HLN. MSM covering PRE TRIAL for Lindsay Lohan. Why?
Unfortunately it gets them ratings I guess. Dumb people out there like to follow the ins and outs of celebrity.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Unfortunately it gets them ratings I guess. Dumb people out there like to follow the ins and outs of celebrity.
Lohan popularity comes from fact she is trainwreck and everyone watches in amazement of her finding ways to avoid punishment

Regular people cant go into court room with vulgarities aimed at judge painted into fingernails

A real person would get 30 days in jail for pulling that stunt

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
I could go on. Her only chance at escaping a death sentence is if there is a juror who is so against the death penalty that they ignore the jury instructions that will be issued before deliberations and hold out for a lesser charge.
Well, she already has a great shot at avoiding the death penalty since she has boobs.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
slip

Quote:
I just don't see why I or you should care

Listen, I'm all for law discussion but when it involves crap like this involving human trash like this, which simply is more fodder for Nancy Grace to spout off on HLN like she's an "expert", then this country's sad obsession with court cases is going too far.

You'll never convince me that this trial or it's verdict is worth watching

Just zero interest value whatsoever
I believed you the first time. By the 10th post, I'm starting to think you really do care.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:12 PM
slip

Quote:
Well, she already has a great shot at avoiding the death penalty since she has boobs.
How's her ass? Judges tend to be assmen.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I believed you the first time. By the 10th post, I'm starting to think you really do care.
It jus tmakes me mad why people think this is relevant

Old
03-01-2013, 06:57 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
It jus tmakes me mad why people think this is relevant
I had no idea you liked Nancy Grace.

Since I think I read in an earlier post of your fondness for all things Nancy Grace*, I'm going to DVR me some Nancy Grace and watch it this weekend and see what all the fuss is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*or did I misread that?

Old
03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
How's her ass? Judges tend to be assmen.
LOL In this case the judge would have to be an asswoman, since the Judge is not a man but a wo-man.

Really, the only thing really missing from Jody's road trip are the Nasa jump suit, adult diapers and duct tape.