HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Targets

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 07:56 PM
SFSharkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I think Filppula is a guy I'd like to have on our team. What do you guys think of this proposal I came up with? I'm curious to hear your opinions on this because I know Red Wings fans like it.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1364899
And as far as that goes I'd pass on acquiring another pass first center,especially at the price you proposed. He's UFA too no? overpaying for filppula....ehhhh

Old
03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I think Filppula is a guy I'd like to have on our team. What do you guys think of this proposal I came up with? I'm curious to hear your opinions on this because I know Red Wings fans like it.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1364899
Nope. Pass.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Hold the Pickles

Id like to see:
Patty-Pavs-Havlat
Juicy-JT-Shepp
Clowe-Wingles-Gomer
Desi-Handguns-Burish
Gali

Give patty some speed and d-responsibly
two capable centers on every line
speed on every line
size on every line (well kinda with patty on 1st, pavs helps with puck rentention)
Clowe on the 3rd - I thinks this is key, we get him some balls to the wall minutes for lesser time
gali can sub for handguns or gomer for freshness.

I'd love to see us trade for a RH-sniper for use with JT, but this could work. and you can switch pavs in with JT once in a while

Old
03-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Number19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSharkie View Post
I'm not too sure that the leaf fans are looking for a shakeup lol
Yeah I meant to say there still missing a few key pieces, like a center/goalie etc.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Something around Kessel for Pavelski would actually be best. Sharks need a speedy winger with a shot, while the leafs need a top 6 forward. I think Pavelski is useless as a winger and is much better suited at being a center. So whats the point of holding onto a player that the sharks can't even utilize properly? Both teams get what they want and I also want to see what Kessel can do with Thornton. Now that's the shakeup Shark and Leaf fans are looking for.
Pavelski is worth more than Kessel.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Nonis will have a hard time selling that to MLSE, the media and the fans.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Nonis will have a hard time selling that to MLSE, the media and the fans.
Well, that's their problem.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:10 PM
KirbyDots

Wrong thread.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Any idea about Zach Boychuk? He is on waivers and has 2nd line potential if given some time.

03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Any idea about Zach Boychuk? He is on waivers and has 2nd line potential if given some time.
I'd rather just play Galiardi.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
couldn't make anything happen playing next to Malkin and Neal...

good hockey sense, good speed. no finish. no strength.

Last edited by Crafton: 03-04-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Nolan11

New poster here. Personally, I would prefer if we tried to pry Jiri Tlusty from the Canes. Pretty good tweener with defensive responsibility and 2nd line potential, in a maybe break out year. Is native Czech so could help Hertl learn the ropes here in a year or two.

They are hanging on to their division lead and are pretty banged up. Need defense, now need a back-up. Something around Greiss and Murray would be a good start, but we might have to add Gally to get them to bite. Thoughts?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
New poster here. Personally, I would prefer if we tried to pry Jiri Tlusty from the Canes. Pretty good tweener with defensive responsibility and 2nd line potential, in a maybe break out year. Is native Czech so could help Hertl learn the ropes here in a year or two.

They are hanging on to their division lead and are pretty banged up. Need defense, now need a back-up. Something around Greiss and Murray would be a good start, but we might have to add Gally to get them to bite. Thoughts?

Welcome!

I would love to have Tlusty but he's not going anywhere, especially for a bottom pairing D man and a goalie when they already have Ward.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Welcome!

I would love to have Tlusty but he's not going anywhere, especially for a bottom pairing D man and a goalie when they already have Ward.

I agree Greiss and Murray would not be enough to get the job done. I heard the Canes just lost a goalie to injury and are in need of a solid back-up. Figured Greiss needs an opportunity to showcase before he goes UFA, and he is not getting that here. With our strength in goalies, sending Greiss as a rental is no real harm to us.

Also heard the Canes need a number 4D. Murray is still a #5 with a SOLID reputation. I think he can fill in as a number 4 if paired with a good skating PMD. Concensus is he could get us a 2nd as a rental (I think that might be bit optimistic).

Reason I want someone like Tlusty is he would greatly accelerate our rebuild. We could slate him into a future 3rd line with Hertl and ??. If he does have a break-out year, maybe he slides into Clowe's spot. This would be the type of trade we could build around.

So, what would get this done? Greiss, Murray, Clowe and a 2nd for Tlusty and a 1st?
Honestly, would like your opinion. Do you think Tlusty is a non-starter? idk. Would love to have him.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:17 PM
vilpertti

Quote:
So, what would get this done? Greiss, Murray, Clowe and a 2nd for Tlusty and a 1st?
Honestly, would like your opinion. Do you think Tlusty is a non-starter? idk. Would love to have him.
Dude, trades in NHL don't work like they do in NHL13. Adding more and more crap until hidden value numbers match on both sides doesn't work. You need quality to get quality.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Way, way, way, way more than Kessel.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
I agree Greiss and Murray would not be enough to get the job done. I heard the Canes just lost a goalie to injury and are in need of a solid back-up. Figured Greiss needs an opportunity to showcase before he goes UFA, and he is not getting that here. With our strength in goalies, sending Greiss as a rental is no real harm to us.

Also heard the Canes need a number 4D. Murray is still a #5 with a SOLID reputation. I think he can fill in as a number 4 if paired with a good skating PMD. Concensus is he could get us a 2nd as a rental (I think that might be bit optimistic).

Reason I want someone like Tlusty is he would greatly accelerate our rebuild. We could slate him into a future 3rd line with Hertl and ??. If he does have a break-out year, maybe he slides into Clowe's spot. This would be the type of trade we could build around.

Personally, I doubt the Canes would go for that, but you have hit on a something with the Greiss thing. They're icing Peters and Ellis. Greiss would be a big upgrade on him and a long-term back-up for Ward.

I absolutely adore Tlusty, he's the perfect garbage man for two skilled players (I think he'd be a perfect fit with Couture and Thornton). But he has insane chemistry with Eric Staal, so I doubt we see him get moved.

However, the Canes are in need of a goaltender, what with Ward going down and the Canes looking like they're going to win their division. They also need a tough bottom pairing defenseman and a top-six winger.

I think a package of Clowe, Murray, and Greiss would be enticing to them. If we could add a second and get Tlusty and a 1st, more power to DW. But I'd be looking more along the lines of their 1st and a prospect like Rask.

We do make good trading partners, and we have a history of deadline deals, and Rutherford owes us for the Wallin debacle.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
good hockey sense, good speed. no finish. no strength.
He'll fit right in

Old
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Personally, I doubt the Canes would go for that, but you have hit on a something with the Greiss thing. They're icing Peters and Ellis. Greiss would be a big upgrade on him and a long-term back-up for Ward.

I absolutely adore Tlusty, he's the perfect garbage man for two skilled players (I think he'd be a perfect fit with Couture and Thornton). But he has insane chemistry with Eric Staal, so I doubt we see him get moved.

However, the Canes are in need of a goaltender, what with Ward going down and the Canes looking like they're going to win their division. They also need a tough bottom pairing defenseman and a top-six winger.

I think a package of Clowe, Murray, and Greiss would be enticing to them. If we could add a second and get Tlusty and a 1st, more power to DW. But I'd be looking more along the lines of their 1st and a prospect like Rask.

We do make good trading partners, and we have a history of deadline deals, and Rutherford owes us for the Wallin debacle.

Thank you Jux. I've been reading your posts for years, I truly appreciate your insight. (and support now in my first post on these boards). I felt compelled to finally join the discussions, mostly because no one had mentioned a favorit trade target of mine, Tlusty.

I know he has insane chemistry going these past ten games, so his purchase price is probably now too high for DW or us to tolerate. But of all the Top 9 forwards we may covet, I feel he has everything we should be targetting. (ie. IQ, responsible, work ethic, willingness to get dirty), while not quite rising to the untouchable status of a few others I would want. Add to that he is about Couture's age and a Czech to boot (which could help Hertl in 2014 or so), he is worth a kick of the tires.

As a rookie user, I won't be starting any threads. If you or anyone else wants to start a Greiss to the Canes proposal on the main boards, I would be happy to join that conversation.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:47 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:

While I think Murray has underrated value (he should be able to fetch a 2nd at the deadline), I don't think Carolina will be willing to give up their first in any circumstance...they'lve already traded a pick and a top prospect this year, and they are no lock to make the playoffs.

That said, I'd be wary of "buying high" on Tlusty. Again, I am suspicious of claims that the current Sharks's woes are personnel related. There is talent in abundance...

Old
03-05-2013, 05:44 PM
TealManV
A man has said

Someone on the main boards mentioned Versteeg. With Florida currently in the basement, it might be a good time to strike. Only thing is that he's making $4,400,000 a season through 2015-2016. Thoughts? Cost?

Old
03-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealManV View Post
Someone on the main boards mentioned Versteeg. With Florida currently in the basement, it might be a good time to strike. Only thing is that he's making $4,400,000 a season through 2015-2016. Thoughts? Cost?
I've always liked Versteeg. Would love to have him this year, but 4.4M is too high for next year's cap. We would need to let Clowe and Demers go, or Boyle, or Havlat to make our cap work. Given he has only played 7 games this year, and we are at the ceiling, I think I would pass on him at this point.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Thank you Jux. I've been reading your posts for years, I truly appreciate your insight. (and support now in my first post on these boards). I felt compelled to finally join the discussions, mostly because no one had mentioned a favorit trade target of mine, Tlusty.

I know he has insane chemistry going these past ten games, so his purchase price is probably now too high for DW or us to tolerate. But of all the Top 9 forwards we may covet, I feel he has everything we should be targetting. (ie. IQ, responsible, work ethic, willingness to get dirty), while not quite rising to the untouchable status of a few others I would want. Add to that he is about Couture's age and a Czech to boot (which could help Hertl in 2014 or so), he is worth a kick of the tires.

As a rookie user, I won't be starting any threads. If you or anyone else wants to start a Greiss to the Canes proposal on the main boards, I would be happy to join that conversation.
Definitely agree that going after Tlusty would be a buy high right now, which would be a mistake. But yeah, Tlusty is one of my favorites. I watch a significant amount of Canes games for Semin-E. Staal-Tlusty, such a fun group, and of course Justin Faulk, who's quickly establishing himself as a legit #1 defenseman.

And welcome to the boards, I'm sure you'll fit in nicely.

(As for a Greiss thread, I'll wait until the Canes have played a couple of games under Ellis/Peters, and see if a Canes fan starts a 'back-up to Carolina' thread. No need to start one precisely now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
While I think Murray has underrated value (he should be able to fetch a 2nd at the deadline), I don't think Carolina will be willing to give up their first in any circumstance...they'lve already traded a pick and a top prospect this year, and they are no lock to make the playoffs.

That said, I'd be wary of "buying high" on Tlusty. Again, I am suspicious of claims that the current Sharks's woes are personnel related. There is talent in abundance...
I think Carolina has a legit chance at winning the Southeast. Their only competition is Tampa, and Tampa seriously blows. Washington is a lottery team, Florida stinks, and Winnipeg is just as bad.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealManV View Post
That was me. And yes I am a big fan of Versteeg. And id pay extra for Florida to take 1.4m or so of that cap for the duration. Florida isnt exactly a cap strapped team.

Also get Seto back, as hes in the dog pound in minny and run

Patty-Jumbo-Seto
Couture-Sheppard-Havlat
Clowe-Pavelski-Versteeg
Galiadri-Desi-Wingels
Zeus, Gomez

Last edited by CommanderShepard15: 03-05-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
TealManV
A man has said

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
That was me. And yes I am a big fan of Versteeg. And id pay extra for Florida to take 1.4m or so of that cap for the duration. Florida isnt exactly a cap strapped team.

Also get Seto back, as hes in the dog pound in minny and run

Patty-Jumbo-Seto
Couture-Sheppard-Havlat
Clowe-Pavelski-Versteeg
Galiadri-Desi-Wingels
Zeus, Gomez
So what do you suggest we give up to get Versteeg and Seto? By the look of your lineup we don't give up any current forwards...

Closed Thread