HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Trade Targets

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 03:47 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I didn't want to bash Stewart on the main boards after the Blues fans were so nice to us, but he's a terrible possession player and is riding SKY-HIGH percentages. 24% shooting, 16.55% on-ice shooting at evens. Hopefully he keeps it up long enough for the Blues to give him a long, expensive contract. But I want no part of buying high on him. That's a terribad deal for the Sharks.

Pavelski>>Stewart, Vlasic>>Schwartz, and we're adding the 2nd? No thanks.

Besides, Schwartz is not a good skater, and Stewart isn't a great skater, so it's not like we're getting faster.
Stewart is a pretty quick skater. I've always liked the guy, he's like a mini Ryane Clowe with more skill. Plus you are not accounting for the fact that Pavelski is a UFA in 1 year, and we may not be able to afford his next contract.

Trading Pavelski/Clowe for Stewart/Schwartz deffinetly makes our top-6 faster, you can't really argue that.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Stewart is a pretty quick skater. I've always liked the guy, he's like a mini Ryane Clowe with more skill. Plus you are not accounting for the fact that Pavelski is a UFA in 1 year, and we may not be able to afford his next contract.

Trading Pavelski/Clowe for Stewart/Schwartz deffinetly makes our top-6 faster, you can't really argue that.
Stewart is riding percentages. Half of his even strength production is a product of lucky percentages. His underlying numbers are absolutely terrible.

I like Schwartz, but he's not worth Vlasic, not even remotely close.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Stewart is riding percentages. Half of his even strength production is a product of lucky percentages. His underlying numbers are absolutely terrible.

I like Schwartz, but he's not worth Vlasic, not even remotely close.
It's a hell of a lot better than a lot of the proposals we are seeing. At least it addresses team needs and doesn't involve a $7m albatross...

Old
03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
It's a hell of a lot better than a lot of the proposals we are seeing. At least it addresses team needs and doesn't involve a $7m albatross...
I'd rather Stewart than Gaborik of course, but I'd much rather Perron then Stewart.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:02 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
I'd rather Stewart than Gaborik of course, but I'd much rather Perron then Stewart.
I have a feeling from their tone they'd go for the same deal with Perron, and honestly I throw 2nds in a lot just to keep the tone nice. I wouldn't give them a 2nd, but it keeps the conversation going if I overpay just a bit.

Perron + Schwartz would be fine with me as well, I'm just a little more worried about his health.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
So for those who don't waste their lives (as Jux and I do haha) on the trade board, Blues fans seem reluctantly ok with the following trade:

Pavelski + Vlasic + 2nd

For

Stewart + Schwartz
I would pass personally, and you know how much I like trading for young players.

Stewart is one of those guys who runs massively hot or cold (even more so than Marleau). Realilsticly, he's a good 2nd-line winger and that it. He's not great defensively, and he's really not any better offensively than Pavelski. He's an RFA after this year, and he's likely going to want $4.5 mil or more.

Schwartz is a very nice young piece, but still pretty unproven.

For that the Sharks are giving up very high-end 2A / 1B center who is both outstanding defensively and good offensively; AND they give up one of the best young shut-down d-men in the league; AND a 2nd.

To me, this deal just doesn't make sense. Vlasic should be on the "untouchables" list short of a massive overpayment (which this isn't). And honestly, the Sharks certainly should be trading any picks in the top-2 rounds if they can avoid it.

EDIT:

And a side note on Vlasic for those may not have seen it yet.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...lasic-hits-500

Tonight is his 500th game. He is only the 2nd player from his draft to reach that mark, with Kopitar being the only other. "“To be with the Sharks that many years and that many games is something I like. I love this organization and I love being with the Sharks..."

Old
03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister

Limit reached. If someone wished to make a sequel, go for it.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Closed Thread