HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#20 | Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders | Feb 26 | 7:30 PM | L 4-1

Old
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
19 in a row

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Ullstrom back in.. Lineup update from staple:

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/sta...27410356785152
finally... would like to see Grabner or Ullstrom with Bailey/Frans but not going to complain, I think they sat the right guy. Unfortunately I think aucoin has disappeared after a good first few games.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Scotia Islander View Post
So the great coach Cappy doesnt realize that we are playing probably the toughest team in the league tonight and doesnt feel we should dress Boulton and Finley. Isles are going to get crushed. Someone on the team will get injured tonight.
I agree with you. If there is any game where Boulton needs to be dressed it's tonight. The Bruins are going to destroy us physically and Im sure get pushed around in the process.
The Bruins are dressing HW fighters in Thorton,Lucic and Chara along with LHW fighter Macquaid and MW fighters in Horton,and Campell. We are so out gunned it's not even funny. If Matt Martin starts running around he is going to be in alot of trouble.
This is such a joke. Why did this team even sign Boulton? If you are not going to dress him against the toughest and biggest team in the NHL then why did Snow sign him?

Anyone know when Carnker is supposed to be comming back? It's games like this where I miss his toughness.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
wingnutks

5-2 loss. This is not a playoff team.

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvon44 View Post
Right decision there, Aucoin has been horrendous and Reasoner didn't look that bad the last two games.
I thought the same thing. I was wondering if it was a different player in that jersey cause it looked like he did some things right out there for a change.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Ghost Of Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Agreed. It's also the natural NY-Boston thing. I do hate the B's, but I love the way they are constructed. I wish the Isles can follow a similar path.
Ironically I work in Boston sports media, so I do catch a decent amount of Bruins games. As much as I dislike them, you're absolutely right. All four of their lines are very strong.

Okposo and Bailey are bound to have a break-out game eventually...right?...right?

Ghost Of Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of Palffy View Post
Ironically I work in Boston sports media, so I do catch a decent amount of Bruins games. As much as I dislike them, you're absolutely right. All four of their lines are very strong.

Okposo and Bailey are bound to have a break-out game eventually...right?...right?
Okposo is bound to break something would guess his leg or arm from falling down

Nova Scotia Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:28 AM
scott99

This game is going to be a disaster, I'm gonna spend the game praying for Tavares's safety, I think Chara and the rest of Boston's beasts are going to be all over JT. This is the type of game where we need Carkner, Finley, Boulton, and to call up Gallant & McIver.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
I know its unrealistic to ask for but would it kill this team to sign/trade/develop some SKILL PLAYERS with size and grit? I know we are all calling for boulton carkner Finley etc but all that does is have us fight back and lose 8-0 rather than 4-2.. We need people who can score outside of our first line a little size would help too.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:44 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of Palffy View Post

They're big and physical, which is why I love them. They're also very well balanced as you mentioned. I do have some hope that the Isles can be somewhat similar according to the makeup of our prospect base.

Skill up the middle. Size on the wings. Size on defense. Too bad, we won't see this team come together that way unless several of our prospects do pan out in about 2 years. I do have hope though, we have what Boston doesn't and that's a legitimate superstar #1C that's only 22 to build around.

With that said, Johnny has to come up big for us to have a chance against the B's tonight. I have a feeling they're going to be pushing us around quite a bit.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

What time do you guys usually get there when you want to watch warm ups?

I usually arrive right before the game starts but today I feel like heading over there early

Also did you guys know that fans of opposing teams can't buy tickets for the Hofstra section if they are wearing opposing team gear? haha, I thought this was pretty funny. Me and my girlfriend went to the Islanders Devils game the other day, thankfully I was wearing one of my Islanders jerseys but the guys behind me waiting for student tickets weren't allowed to buy any cause they had Devils jerseys haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Ghost Of Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
They're big and physical, which is why I love them. They're also very well balanced as you mentioned. I do have some hope that the Isles can be somewhat similar according to the makeup of our prospect base.

Skill up the middle. Size on the wings. Size on defense. Too bad, we won't see this team come together that way unless several of our prospects do pan out in about 2 years. I do have hope though, we have what Boston doesn't and that's a legitimate superstar #1C that's only 22 to build around.

With that said, Johnny has to come up big for us to have a chance against the B's tonight. I have a feeling they're going to be pushing us around quite a bit.
Not to mention Rask has played very well for them in net. I do have hope that guys like Strome, Nelson, Nino, Donovan, and Reinhart will pan out for us and will be able to contribute at the NHL level.

Last time the Isles played the Bruins, they shut Tavares down, but it was still a tie game going into the third. We absolutely need some scoring from the other lines tonight.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

I usually arrive right before the game starts but today I feel like heading over there early

Also did you guys know that fans of opposing teams can't buy tickets for the Hofstra section if they are wearing opposing team gear? haha, I thought this was pretty funny. Me and my girlfriend went to the Islanders Devils game the other day, thankfully I was wearing one of my Islanders jerseys but the guys behind me waiting for student tickets weren't allowed to buy any cause they had Devils jerseys haha
Are you serious?? I reallllly hope it was a joke they should be happy there was butts in the seats..

A few years ago around Christmas we played the habs and it was snowing pretty bad out and no one showed up. There were about 6,000 people there with 4,500 habs fans who came down by the bus loads. After the second period they announced that fans were allowed to move down to the lower bowl for the remainder of the game but only if you had islanders gear on. It's so petty and considering the lower bowl was 90% habs fans it wouldn't have made a difference. The next year they came out with that NO HABS NO marketing slogan.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
PROMputt
Family,God,Islanders

Quote:

I am thinking that this could be to prevent any fighting/trouble in this section?
And I agree with others and it's just another reason why I think our brainless leader Capuano just doesn't get it. You have to have Finley and Boulton in the line-up tonight. With the Bruins size and grit I just hope the Islanders don't get destroyed. Why have these two around if they are not playing against a team like the Bruins? I guess Cappy wants to work on his 'pulling the goalie when down by two' moves again tonight, argh...

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:35 PM
DeanCrandall

This will be like watching your young offspring playing against an older team of kids. Our only concern as fans should be to hope everyone stays healthy.

All part of growing up, it's a beating we need to take. Of course as fans it's been 20+ years.

Bruins won't explode after getting up by a few like the flyers, so let's say 4-1 Bruins until Cappy pulls the goalie with 4 minutes to play 5-1 final.

DeanCrandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:44 PM
SouthShore91

I'm nervous only cause this team actually has national attention for some reason. NHL.com has a huge profile on JT, Melrose made a video and the game is on NBCSN. All of this sounds like a great recipe for a let down.

SouthShore91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Are you serious?? I reallllly hope it was a joke they should be happy there was butts in the seats..

A few years ago around Christmas we played the habs and it was snowing pretty bad out and no one showed up. There were about 6,000 people there with 4,500 habs fans who came down by the bus loads. After the second period they announced that fans were allowed to move down to the lower bowl for the remainder of the game but only if you had islanders gear on. It's so petty and considering the lower bowl was 90% habs fans it wouldn't have made a difference. The next year they came out with that NO HABS NO marketing slogan.
Haha thats awful, and yes I am very serious. I've never had a problem before, but didn't feel like taking the risk tonight so I just bought a ticket off stubhub instead

I agree that they should probably just embrace out of market fans. I mean twice a year (once a year this year) I wear my Bruins jersey to the Coliseum, but I go to plenty of other Islanders games each year and wear Islanders gear just because I support them as my 2nd team.

I get that they would probably find it embarrassing if they showed the student section on TV and it was all Devils or Bruins fans, but its just as embarrassing to see it empty haha. Also, most colleges have students from all over, they can't seriously expect people to drop their allegiances to their home town teams haha

Anyways, good luck tonight... Wouldn't mind if he Isles could sneak out an OT point as long as the Bruins win

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
I am thinking that this could be to prevent any fighting/trouble in this section?
Could be... Last time when the Devils fans got pretty rowdy there were quite a few fights. I dont think ive sat up there and not seen a Sabres/Rangers/Devils/Habs fan not get ejected haha.

Jersey fans are also the worst by the way. Last game they were yelling Ponikarovsky and screaming all throughout the national anthem, but they got pretty quiet when JT capped off the hattrick haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:21 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShore91 View Post
I'm nervous only cause this team actually has national attention for some reason. NHL.com has a huge profile on JT, Melrose made a video and the game is on NBCSN. All of this sounds like a great recipe for a let down.
Tavares is the only thing the Isles have to offer so it's the perfect time to publish stories on him. It's the NHL trying to up the profile of this game to increase viewers. Right before a nationally broadcasted game, yeah, makes sense.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Chardo

Quote:
I know its unrealistic to ask for but would it kill this team to sign/trade/develop some SKILL PLAYERS with size and grit? I know we are all calling for boulton carkner Finley etc but all that does is have us fight back and lose 8-0 rather than 4-2.. We need people who can score outside of our first line a little size would help too.

Don't Nino, Strome, Martin, and Hamonic fit that description? They're trying to develop some. Still need to acquire more for immediate help.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Islanders1932

Wait didn't we already have a game on national tv against the Pens? We got TWO national broadcasts???? Wow.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Ghost Of Palffy

Quote:
Could be... Last time when the Devils fans got pretty rowdy there were quite a few fights. I dont think ive sat up there and not seen a Sabres/Rangers/Devils/Habs fan not get ejected haha.

Jersey fans are also the worst by the way. Last game they were yelling Ponikarovsky and screaming all throughout the national anthem, but they got pretty quiet when JT capped off the hattrick haha
I was at this game too, I came back from Boston for it. I bought the 14 dollar Loudville tickets with my old student ID. I never really had an issue with Devil fans until that game, they were rowdy and obnoxious. But you're right they did get pretty quiet once Johnny T got the hatty

Old
02-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Don't Nino, Strome, Martin, and Hamonic fit that description? They're trying to develop some. Still need to acquire more for immediate help.
I don't know about strome but the others fit the mold (hopefully for nino) its just frustrating watching this current roster trot out there against a big b's team.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
SouthShore91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Tavares is the only thing the Isles have to offer so it's the perfect time to publish stories on him. It's the NHL trying to up the profile of this game to increase viewers. Right before a nationally broadcasted game, yeah, makes sense.
No I mean, the timing makes sense. But it just reminds me about every other time they get a shred of national spotlight and have a nationally televised game and then end up looking like the same old isles. Except for that Pens game earlier this year

SouthShore91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
IceAce
Strait Trippin'

vCash: 13477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Wait didn't we already have a game on national tv against the Pens? We got TWO national broadcasts???? Wow.
Yup, and I had the same awful feeling of getting crushed going into that game but the team surprised us. Maybe history will repeat itself*

* - history not likely to repeat itself

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:40 PM
25yearfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Are the Bruins dressing any rookies tonight? The Isles can continue the trend of awarding rookies the first goal of their NHL careers.
I don't know if anybody tracks this formally - I bet we are leading the league in cherry popping.... (not a good thing)

I am hoping they pull together Miracle on Ice style, but doubt it. I expect the Revenge of Jaffe instead -- Billy broadcasts Bruins blowout....

25yearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Macch

Bruins - 5
Moulson/Tavares - 2

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote