HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#20 | Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders | Feb 26 | 7:30 PM | L 4-1

Old
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
What time do you guys usually get there when you want to watch warm ups?

I usually arrive right before the game starts but today I feel like heading over there early

Also did you guys know that fans of opposing teams can't buy tickets for the Hofstra section if they are wearing opposing team gear? haha, I thought this was pretty funny. Me and my girlfriend went to the Islanders Devils game the other day, thankfully I was wearing one of my Islanders jerseys but the guys behind me waiting for student tickets weren't allowed to buy any cause they had Devils jerseys haha
Well we usually play at 7, I guess since tonight's game is at 7:30 that you should be there by 7 for warmups.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I don't know about strome but the others fit the mold (hopefully for nino) its just frustrating watching this current roster trot out there against a big b's team.
I should also include Reinhart, Nelson, and Pedan as skill players with size and grit that the Isles are trying to develop. It will take time. Lots of time. Meanwhile, no doubt they badly need these types of players right now. This team cannot compete physically with the better teams in the league.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Islander Prophet

we are winning this game, I got a feeling

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Not that I'm a huge Grabner fan or anything. But why is Grabner on our 3rd line? He has what 8 goals this year? Bailey Neilsen Okposo have 3 between the 3 of them. Does it not make sense to have Okposo on the 3rd line right now?

I will never understand Capuano & the Islanders just giving okposo all of this ice time he clearly doesn't deserve.
i absolutely agree, but i think its a blessing in disguise that grabs is on the 3rd line.

Since KO has been smeared all over grabs by capuano (since he was demoted from the first line) grabs has been far worse. KO just hogs the puck all the time, grabner cant play with that. If he were better along the boards or something...but no. Grabs can score, pass and stick-check. Pairing him up with KO means he can only effectively stick-check. KO hardly passes before the situation has become hopeless and he carries all the pucks passed to him into a hopeless situation.

grabs will benefit from playing with ullstrom and without KO.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
we are winning this game, I got a feeling
I think that is the gas station sushi you had for lunch...

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Don't Nino, Strome, Martin, and Hamonic fit that description? They're trying to develop some. Still need to acquire more for immediate help.
ok, i like hamonic. but skill player? i am happy if he hits the net from the blue line.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I know its unrealistic to ask for but would it kill this team to sign/trade/develop some SKILL PLAYERS with size and grit? I know we are all calling for boulton carkner Finley etc but all that does is have us fight back and lose 8-0 rather than 4-2.. We need people who can score outside of our first line a little size would help too.
We did start drafting those types of players a few years ago in Mayfield, Peadan, Nino, Nelson, Reinhart, Lee, etc....... unfortunately, these players need a bit of time, although I think Nelson, Nino and Lee could be ready for next season.

Trading for these types of players would just blow up all the good drafts we've had the past few seasons. You'd have to give up half of the guys I just named to acquire a similar type of players that is already accomplished and a few years older.

Next year's camp should be very interesting.. I am hoping to high heaven that we sign Anders Lee.

Moulson Tavares Nelson

Lee Strome Nino/Okposo

Grabner Neilsen Bailey

Martin Cizikas Ullstrom

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)

vCash: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
5-2 loss. This is not a playoff team.
You never think we will win so your predictions are always your typical negativity Tonight I believe we win a game we should not and play how we are capable to further drive everyone nuts about how we can beat the best and lose to the worst

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:04 PM
stranger34

no boulton tonight? i'm sensing a bully session

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:15 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Well we usually play at 7, I guess since tonight's game is at 7:30 that you should be there by 7 for warmups.
Thanks...

Never been to a game early enough for warmups, usually fashionably late

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Mustang2750

Flyers just acquired Simon Gagne for a pack of Pokemon cards...******* this organization. Gagne would be an upgrade to any of our lines 2-4 and a perfect replacement to Okposo, Aucoin, Reasoner etc etc

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
YearlyLottery

Not looking foward to this. I hope we don't get shoved around, but I don't see us not getting shoved around. Nabby needs a shutout for this game.

YearlyLottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

The coach is absolutly off his rocker. Would love to see the isles beat boston but pick your battles. Would be a great game to sit some of the guys not playing hard and dress a tougher team. Our D and some of our smaller forwards are going to get pushed around tonight and with the line up dressed tonight nothing can be done. The only thing i can think of is Cappy is waiting to see who is in the line up for Boston as they have to sudmit their lineup first then he can adjust but i dont think he that smart

Nova Scotia Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Tavartrick
All hail Wang!

I think that today is the day that Tavares gets his second tavartrick of the season. After all, that's the only way I see my Islanders having any chance in hell of winning this game. Nevertheless, before the game I will put on my lucky Gorton's Fisherman jersey and will do a special rain dance for Johnny boy. Let's hope that he makes it rain on the Bruins today and gets me some points for my fantasy team.

Tavartrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:15 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Butch's favorite players are Okposo and Boyes. I mean, they are carrying this team.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:19 PM
ziggy7716

Last time we played on national TV we beat Pittsburgh, granted we match up better against them then we do with Boston. Here is to hoping we win again while playing on national TV. I would also love nothing more then for Tavares to have a huge game!

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:22 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Flyers just acquired Simon Gagne for a pack of Pokemon cards...******* this organization. Gagne would be an upgrade to any of our lines 2-4 and a perfect replacement to Okposo, Aucoin, Reasoner etc etc
The Bruins are clearly on the losing end of the deal. Snow knows what he's doing.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:22 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

I'm so annoyed now. I got a call from a friend coming into town and have to go out to dinner with him and meet his friend. So when the Isles are finally on HD (despite Jack Edwards) and a national tv game, I miss it. Can't get out of it either since it is business related so you know it's going to be one of those 2 hour type dinners - the restaurant my friend wants to go to doesn't have tv's. I try and schedule things on non-game nights and bam, this happens out of nowhere.

He initially told me they were getting in around 5:30 so I could at least catch the last 2 periods. Of course, they are late and are scheduled to get here after 7:00 now. Even more annoyed now.

Enjoy the game everyone. I'll read up about it on here afterwards.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:27 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I'm so annoyed now. I got a call from a friend coming into town and have to go out to dinner with him and meet his friend. So when the Isles are finally on HD (despite Jack Edwards) and a national tv game, I miss it. Can't get out of it either since it is business related so you know it's going to be one of those 2 hour type dinners - the restaurant my friend wants to go to doesn't have tv's. I try and schedule things on non-game nights and bam, this happens out of nowhere.

He initially told me they were getting in around 5:30 so I could at least catch the last 2 periods. Of course, they are late and are scheduled to get here after 7:00 now. Even more annoyed now.

dont get more than2 kilos....

I wish TV's were not HD, then the beatings we take wouldnt be so clear...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Of course by now you know how much I love the enforcers and "big guys." And although I agree with everyone about having Boulton out there tonight, I'm really going to be pissed if we don't see Boulton and/or Carkner in the Toronto game.

Lets this be the game where Cappy realizes that "we are going to get killed out there" against this team physically and he'll get his head out of his ass and not let this happen against Toronto.

Toronto dresses Mike Brown, Mark Fraser, Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren every single game. Not saying we need to do that but that teams fourth line, wears teams down. I don't want to see Tavares get hurt and Martin get his head ripped off because the coach is an ignorant tool.

Lets pray we get out of here unscathed.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Sparksrus3

Just heard from Wang.(not really ) In order to combat the high flying Bruins the Islanders will be playing both Nabokov and Poulin in goal at the same time.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post

Man, I bet you wish you got Gamecenter live now

Since the game is on National tv, maybe someone will let you borrow their login and you can watch it at dinner on your phone lol.

Or, just go to a sports bar, I'm sure they will have the game on.

Dont give up!

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
Just heard from Wang.(not really ) In order to combat the high flying Bruins the Islanders will be playing both Nabokov and Poulin in goal at the same time.
...and still lose

Old
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Man, I bet you wish you got Gamecenter live now

Since the game is on National tv, maybe someone will let you borrow their login and you can watch it at dinner on your phone lol.

Or, just go to a sports bar, I'm sure they will have the game on.

Dont give up!
Well, I am meeting his friend for the first time and it would probably be kind of rude to have my eyes glued to the phone. My friend is a good friend who I see like once in a while, but we go way back. There is a place he loves up here in Boston from the last time he visited - of course he wants to go there. I suggested other places that I know have games on tv's, but he's adamant.

ROCK me HARD PLACE.

I'll check the scores from time to time I guess. This is a chance for JT to show the NHL on National TV how amazing he is, if they already didn't know. Gotta tape it, I'll watch only if we win.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:13 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

I'm from the school of thought that every team should have a Boulton dressed every night. I know I know, its a different NHL now but that's my 2 cents...Now if one of these goons takes a shot at JT, I don't have Boulton guy fight the goon...I have him take out there best player also. Eye for an eye, but more than anything its just for security, 95% of the time the goons fight eachother and nobody cares but its a show for the fans...I'M NOT ADVOCATING BOULTON GETS A REGULAR SHIFT. 5 minutes of ice time is more than enough...Double shift whoever is buzzing at the time for the rest of the 4th line shifts Martin-Aucion-XXX(Grabs, JT, MM, Neilson) whoever.

Finley or Carkner should also be in the lineup for this one, Finley would be my choice....Early on looked horrible but his game has come around a bit recently

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote