HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 in OT ...so close, yet so far

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 09:01 AM
  #576
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
You guys need to all chill out. Its not like we brought that performance against Columbus (last night anyway, lol). We played Chicago, the best team in the world right now, and were rightfully outplayed. Lucky to get a point, but I'm not using that as a positive. We deserved to lose that game, but in all actuality, we should have had our tails kicked by Chicago. They are just so much better than us that its ridiculous.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
  #577
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
I've watched that overtime goal 10 times now.

Each time, I get more and more dumbfounded.

How in the name of all that is pure does an NHL defenceman go for a leisurely skate around the net after being pyloned like that?

It honestly looked like pond hockey.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:14 AM
  #578
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,580
vCash: 500
No d-man besides Jesus Schultz should be untouchable, lets be honest.

Overall Krueger is doing a good job on d with the scraps he's got.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
  #579
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
So... Is Hall the worst out of the 4? =D

Didn't think soooooooooo

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:17 AM
  #580
Dr_oil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Is there a podcast of Overtime openline on CHED after the games? I live out of town and enjoy listening to Tencer and fans flip out after a game like that.

The Podcasts of Oilers now and Tencers regular show help get me through a day in the office. Have the drama after a game would be icing on the cake.

Dr_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:24 AM
  #581
Draw Me a McElephant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Been saying this for a while, but Petry is the most overrated player on the Oilers. He gets beat one-on-one more often than Ryan Whitney.

I hope they learn something from Chicago. The way the Blackhawks push the pace of play, play super aggressive on the forecheck, pressure the puck like crazy and just generally work their butts off is really impressive. That is modern hockey at its best.

Draw Me a McElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
  #582
McJadeddog
Registered User
 
McJadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,314
vCash: 500
i was super pissed last night, mostly at the coach and eberle/RNH/hemsky.... they are still the people i'm most upset with today, but as with all things in life, a nights sleep brings some perspective

we managed to grab a point against the best team in the league, in their own barn, with our best player out, with crappy coaching decisions, a goalie that shouldn't have been playing and let in 2 softies and with our top line doing their hardest to give away the puck at the oppositions blue line.... so, all in all, we should be very happy with the outcome last night

all that being said:
- krueger's personnel decisions are starting to become very hard to put up with - strange decisions for lines, ice time and goal tending are starting to become the norm with krueger
- eberle and RNH need to simplify their game (the most obvious observation ever, i know)... they are essentially useless right now, i'd rather the extra ice time be given to jones and eager until RNH and eberle decide to start playing hockey

McJadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
  #583
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
- krueger's personnel decisions are starting to become very hard to put up with - strange decisions for lines, ice time and goal tending are starting to become the norm with krueger
- eberle and RNH need to simplify their game (the most obvious observation ever, i know)... they are essentially useless right now, i'd rather the extra ice time be given to jones and eager until RNH and eberle decide to start playing hockey
Krueger is MacT, it's as simple as that, right down to brain locking offensive players by 'teaching them to play defense'. Our offensive young guys look brain locked.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:30 AM
  #584
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,546
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
No d-man besides Jesus Schultz should be untouchable, lets be honest.

Overall Krueger is doing a good job on d with the scraps he's got.
Yes, the blindly fire the puck up the boards breakout he is running is stellar.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:36 AM
  #585
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,564
vCash: 3251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i was super pissed last night, mostly at the coach and eberle/RNH/hemsky.... they are still the people i'm most upset with today, but as with all things in life, a nights sleep brings some perspective

we managed to grab a point against the best team in the league, in their own barn, with our best player out, with crappy coaching decisions, a goalie that shouldn't have been playing and let in 2 softies and with our top line doing their hardest to give away the puck at the oppositions blue line.... so, all in all, we should be very happy with the outcome last night

all that being said:
- krueger's personnel decisions are starting to become very hard to put up with - strange decisions for lines, ice time and goal tending are starting to become the norm with krueger
- eberle and RNH need to simplify their game (the most obvious observation ever, i know)... they are essentially useless right now, i'd rather the extra ice time be given to jones and eager until RNH and eberle decide to start playing hockey
So he has the wrong lines out there, wrong ice-time, wrong goalie yet somehow we take a point from a record breaking team?

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
  #586
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,564
vCash: 3251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draw me an Elephant View Post
Been saying this for a while, but Petry is the most overrated player on the Oilers. He gets beat one-on-one more often than Ryan Whitney.

I hope they learn something from Chicago. The way the Blackhawks push the pace of play, play super aggressive on the forecheck, pressure the puck like crazy and just generally work their butts off is really impressive. That is modern hockey at its best.
Our d as a whole seemed to slow yesterday. Chicago chipped in behind them and were able to get the puck a lot. It's sad when you have a 15 foot head start and are losing the foot race.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
  #587
Wheathead
Formally a McRib
 
Wheathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
According to reddit, Yakupov should be suspended for clipping when he ducked to avoid Carcillo.

Ha.

"Clipping."

Wheathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:53 AM
  #588
McJadeddog
Registered User
 
McJadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 12,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So he has the wrong lines out there, wrong ice-time, wrong goalie yet somehow we take a point from a record breaking team?
yeah, that is pretty much it.... if you watched the game last night and though we actually deserved a point, well, i don't know what to tell you then

McJadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:57 AM
  #589
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,564
vCash: 3251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah, that is pretty much it.... if you watched the game last night and though we actually deserved a point, well, i don't know what to tell you then
Deserve or not he got us the point.

Maybe when we are losing 4-0 or 5-1 I'll call Kreuger out, but at this point there really is no reason.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
  #590
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_oil View Post
Is there a podcast of Overtime openline on CHED after the games? I live out of town and enjoy listening to Tencer and fans flip out after a game like that.

The Podcasts of Oilers now and Tencers regular show help get me through a day in the office. Have the drama after a game would be icing on the cake.
You hear drunk ranting fans come on occasionally but I'm not sure what you mean about Tencer flipping out. The show is usually pretty tame.

Insta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
  #591
Bobblehead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
We did? It was comical to watch the Oilers trying to break out tonight especially when they had a three on two break. Soooooo slow. The Hawks always had time to get back on the back check.
Part of that is an experienced, talented Chicago defense that doesn't give up the blueline easy. They're gap control is excellent. I remember watching Pronger do it in ST Louis and Edmonton. The guy would have a 3-1 coming at him and he wouldn't give up the blue line and he'd force the oppostion to dump it.... well maybe slight exaggeration, but you get the picture.

Hawks D did a great job of not giving up the blue line.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:40 AM
  #592
YEGman
Registered User
 
YEGman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
I've watched that overtime goal 10 times now.

Each time, I get more and more dumbfounded.

How in the name of all that is pure does an NHL defenceman go for a leisurely skate around the net after being pyloned like that?

It honestly looked like pond hockey.
Probably the same reason that Gagner and Hemsky stood around 25 feet from the net watching Hossa instead of backchecking.

YEGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:58 AM
  #593
plikestechno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Its funny that people are still blaming anybody but Petry for that goal. I didnt know he had so many family members on this board lol. If hes not benched next game then kruegers full of it as far as accountability goes. Petrys been junk all year, even with smid helping him out.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
  #594
Frank the Tank
Passing the Torch
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
According to reddit, Yakupov should be suspended for clipping when he ducked to avoid Carcillo.

Ha.

"Clipping."
You wouldn't be surprised if you had listened to the Chicago broadcast (I live in Chicago). Eddie Olczyk went on a rant after the play about Yakupov ducking Carcillo and then after a commerical break did a special segment on the play educating kids that this is not what you do (channeling Don Cherry on that one). He then mentioned the play a few more times for the remainder of the period.

Overall, he was very anti-Yakupov until he the scored that laser of a PP goal. Then Olczyk begrudgingly admitted after that play that Yakupov had a pretty good shot.

Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
  #595
Bobblehead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Oilers out-hit the Blackhawks I believe.
That's cause you can only hit guys when they have (or have had the puck)!! Since we never had the puck, CHigcago couldn't hit us!

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
  #596
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Fister >>> Petry this year

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
  #597
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YEGman View Post
Probably the same reason that Gagner and Hemsky stood around 25 feet from the net watching Hossa instead of backchecking.
Ridiculous assessment. No one could anticipate Petry turning in to a human pylon. He had Sharp exactly where you want him...on the boards, where he can only go up or down. And then he watched him skate around him and crash the front of the net while taking a leisurely stroll behind the net to take a look. Hemsky and Gagner were doing their jobs...covering the dmen looking to get open. They had absolutely zero chance to help out. Gagner isn't the greatest defensive player but to put the blame, any of it, on him for that play, is beyond silly.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:17 AM
  #598
GMofOilers
Registered User
 
GMofOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mountains
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
Petry's play in OT v. Sharp was costly just like Whitney on Jagr. Interesting to see how different the reaction has been.
Very intresting and true tweet.

Lets see if Petry is treated like Whitney here.

GMofOilers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
  #599
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 50
The only good defensemen we've had this year are Fistric and J.Schultz.


Everyone else have been bad.

oilersfan11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:19 AM
  #600
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Cometh
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,679
vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
According to reddit, Yakupov should be suspended for clipping when he ducked to avoid Carcillo.

Ha.

"Clipping."
Clipping is in the rulebook and technically that's more or less what Yakupov did.

It wasn't note, penalty or suspension worthy to me though.

The late, high hit attempt by Carcillo is probably more noteworthy.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.