HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks 2, Coyotes 4: Dave Tipps the Ship

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 12:15 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawzy View Post
Love the Tanev!

Recently just dropped 300 on a Tanev jersey, he's such a stud.
good man, personally waiting to see how Jensen develops to get one.

Tanev Jersey >

Old
02-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Orca Smash

Actually it is daniel thats holding the team accountable, I thought it was henrik thats been saying it lately thats why I thought his comments were perplexing tonight, but its been daniel upset at the effort and hes on team 1040 right now talking about about the team being accountable for there play.

Hes pissed about the dive penalty.

Old
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post

Tanev Jersey >
Waiting for Corrado.

Or Lazar

Old
Smokey McCanucks

vCash: 500
The Canucks are gonna win the Northwest and everybody knows it. Y'all freaking out about we lost a game and/or didn't really look all-world, that's stupid. This is a strange and unconventional season. We're in a solid spot, no need to be playing at 100% every game, selling out, doing all that stuff Phoenix was doing this game. They are in a real battle and we are just cruising. They might win a few games like this but we will be fresher for when it matters. Canucks are playing at about 75% tops right now, I think that's a smart decision. President's Trophy never did us any good anyways, let's be happy with our 2nd/3rd place. You people who are expecting perfection every night, who are DEMANDING perfection every night, y'all need to get a freaking grip already. Put your fanship on cruise control and just relax for God's sake.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:17 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Actually it is daniel thats holding the team accountable, I thought it was henrik thats been saying it lately thats why I thought his comments were perplexing tonight, but its been daniel upset at the effort and hes on team 1040 right now talking about about the team being accountable for there play.

Hes pissed about the dive penalty.
Dumbest call of the night.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I like him but I'd get a 3C as well, but a good one. Heck a 2nd 2c and let Kesler anchor the defensive line. Schroeder can handle 4C.
This. Kesler should be our third line centre, and put a more offensively gifted but maybe not as defensively aware player on the second line.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

I personally believe L.A. Is the ideal team to get us out of are slump. No team motivates more than the team that knocked you out last year. I see us putting a much better effort in Saturday.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:19 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Waiting for Corrado.

Or Lazar
I have my Drouin one getting made right now.

Old
Bleach Clean

Ok I'm going to be positive a bit: I really liked that Raymond-Schroeder-Booth line. Just the right mix of passing, speed and hard work. Keep these guys together. I like it a bit more than the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line because I like Booth's ability to open up room for the other two.

The 2nd and 4th lines need work. I don't like the chemistry between Higgins-Kelser-Hansen. As much as people would hate it, I would move Hansen down to the 4th line and move up Kassian.

Lapierre needs to be directed a bit more in his play and Hansen will lead him. It would make that 4th line an asset again. Then you just let the 2nd line keep going at it to build chemistry. Don't move the players off of it. If it's not going, up the minutes of the Schroeder line.

Old
Lawzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
I hope they keep Tanev and Edler together for the foreseeable future, even once Bieksa returns.

Tanev is at the point where he deserves top four minutes on a regular basis.
He's a great defensive crutch for Edler when he pinches. He's so level headed, plays well under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post

Tanev Jersey >
I had to get my rookie fix once my homie Cody left. I can't wait for the jersey to get here.

EDIT: Also have a Cody jersey, albeit a Sabres jersey. DONT HATE

Old
02-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
The Canucks are gonna win the Northwest and everybody knows it. Y'all freaking out about we lost a game and/or didn't really look all-world, that's stupid. This is a strange and unconventional season. We're in a solid spot, no need to be playing at 100% every game, selling out, doing all that stuff Phoenix was doing this game. They are in a real battle and we are just cruising. They might win a few games like this but we will be fresher for when it matters. Canucks are playing at about 75% tops right now, I think that's a smart decision. President's Trophy never did us any good anyways, let's be happy with our 2nd/3rd place. You people who are expecting perfection every night, who are DEMANDING perfection every night, y'all need to get a freaking grip already. Put your fanship on cruise control and just relax for God's sake.
I could go back in time and copy/paste this comment into every GDT from mid-January on last season.

edit: I know I can't go back in time.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Fat Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Schneider may be unraveling. P Kane broke him in Europe with that shootout deke.
You should make that your sig. Save you typing it out in every thread.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:21 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
This. Kesler should be our third line centre, and put a more offensively gifted but maybe not as defensively aware player on the second line.
What's the difference? Right now he's playing with Hansen and Higgins, the two most defensive bottom 9 wingers we have, and getting most of the tough matchups. Do you just want him to get less minutes or something?

Old
02-27-2013, 12:22 AM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkle is Einhorn View Post
I could go back in time and copy/paste this comment into every GDT from mid-January on last season.

I used to believe it, but I don't anymore.

Old
StringerBell

Quote:

I think we all went back in time tonight. Felt like the late 90's all over again watching that trap.

Old
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:

I don't believe you

Old
02-27-2013, 12:23 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
You should make that your sig. Save you typing it out in every thread.
Why would I type that out in the AV thread?

Old
02-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Nucks N Canes

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I personally believe L.A. Is the ideal team to get us out of are slump. No team motivates more than the team that knocked you out last year. I see us putting a much better effort in Saturday.
At this point I see us getting blown out close to 5-1.

Sedins have been the only consistent line showing up all year.

Even when they were struggling you could see the effort.

Every other line has has numerous nights of invisibility or being very liable and at the forefront of it all is Lapierre and Kassian. AV really needs to bench one or both to show that players are accountable for their actions. Let a player or two from the Wolves have a chance.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
It's a veteran team. This isn't the Oilers where the coach goes loco.
And how is that working out so far?

Old
02-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The 2nd and 4th lines need work. I don't like the chemistry between Higgins-Kelser-Hansen. As much as people would hate it, I would move Hansen down to the 4th line and move up Kassian.
Kassian is almost unplayable right now. Turns over the puck pretty much every 3rd time he gets it on the defensive blueline or in the neutral zone. He shouldn't be on the ice against the opposition's better players.

Keep the lines the way they were tonight and start giving Schroeder more of Kesler's offensive minutes.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
I don't believe you
we have found ourselves a time traveller

Old
02-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Thank goodness Lu is here to help schneider through this. That is seriously not what you want to here from a guy that is supposed to be so calm and confident even when he has an off game. Schneider may be unraveling. P Kane broke him in Europe with that shootout deke.
Lou blames himself every game they loose to, thats why I respect both goalies so much.

Dont see how this is any different.

Did patrick kane also ruin roberto in playoffs?

I dont think so.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
canucks are retiring the number 96 not 10?

edit some guy that owns a bar is posting posters saying bures number 96 is getting retired on march 16th

Old
02-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Kassian is almost unplayable right now. Turns over the puck pretty much every 3rd time he gets it on the defensive blueline or in the neutral zone. He shouldn't be on the ice against the opposition's better players.

Keep the lines the way they were tonight and start giving Schroeder more of Kesler's offensive minutes.

Look at what Lapierre did out there tonight... He was atrocious. Kassian needs to play with better veteran players and that's Kesler and Higgins.

Hard matching that Kesler line is a mistake IMO. They're just not working together. If you move some of their minutes off to Schroeder, who I think would be able to hold his own, then you allow the 2nd line to generate more offensively. Kassian helps in that regard.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:33 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Lou blames himself every game they loose to, thats why I respect both goalies so much.

Dont see how this is any different.

Did patrick kane also ruin roberto in playoffs?

I dont think so.
At times, yes.

Closed Thread