HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Getting Kronwalled

Old
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
What's incorrect? Are you saying reckless + injury + late does not = suspension? The only thing is missing in that hit is the injury part. I keep mentioning it because I am using it as an example to make my point. Kronwall crosses the line with his hits and should have been suspended multiple times over the injuries he actually did cause. I am not going to bother guessing why he hasn't yet as I despise conspiracy theories.
Should he have been hit with some kind of punishment for the Kesler hit or the elbow, possibly, but not much would have happened, a game or two. Other then that his hits are as close to walking the line as you can get, but still legal. Sorry, I hate when he does it to my team and wish he was playing for us.

Now when it comes to the Kesler hit, the only problem I have with it, is that to me it looks he left his feet and Kesler thought so and tried to go after Kronwall which he didn't stand up for. Kronwall knows what hits of his are dirty and should answer the bell when appropriate. I am in no way saying he should be fending off fights every hit he makes though, just because he's better at it then most and yes he is a clean hitter.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
DanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
The point is - that was an illegal hit, just like a lot of his "jumping with ass facing out" hits. Yet, people in this thread are defending him. He should have been suspended multiple times for hits like the one on Kesler.
No he shouldn't have. At most they should be minor penalties. They don't deserve suspensions, and even if they did, he would have at most 2 in his career.

DanZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Kayluvsredwings

Lol sure maybe some of his hits have been borderline bad, but you all make him sound like he's Raffi Torres going after players heads!

It's called keep your head up. If people don't like hitting in hockey then don't watch

Kayluvsredwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:54 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayluvsredwings View Post
Lol sure maybe some of his hits have been borderline bad, but you all make him sound like he's Raffi Torres going after players heads!

It's called keep your head up. If people don't like hitting in hockey then don't watch
Rules are rules.

If you cant hit a player without leaving your feet then don't play.

When Yannick Hansen, Joe Thornton and Taylor Hall have longer rap sheets then this cheap shot artist then you know something is amiss

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Ryp37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Rules are rules.

When Yannick Hansen, Joe Thornton and Taylor Hall have longer rap sheets then this cheap shot artist then you know something is amiss
do you even like hockey? might be time to change sports

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Slicknitty
"80,000 peoples"

The guy has perfected the side board hits. Even our poor hemsky got destroyed by one of his uber hits and you know, I ain't even mad. Wish he was on the oilers

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:32 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Rules are rules.

Or maybe you and Toxic0n are wrong and not everyone else?

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.

Quote:
Rules are rules.

The only thing that is amiss is you.

Jannik Hansen you mean?
He's definitely one of the biggest cowards and dirtiest players in the league.

Take a look at this reel and give your head a shake, about time that punk got suspended. (this is only from a couple of games, he does this stuff on a regular basis).

As a Penguins fan I can only say that Kronwall is one of the cleanest hitters in the game. I would love to have him on my team, and so would anyone else (even if they won't admit it).

Keep you're ****ing head up, this is hockey, if you don't like the hits Kronwall dishes out then you're probably watching the wrong sport.

Most of you that say that he's a dirty hitter is either:

Jelous
New to hockey
Figure skating fans

Last edited by Lexus: 02-28-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Lexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 02:32 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I have seen a lot about Kronwall injuring people in this thread and how dangerous this is. Heatley went to the quiet room and returned. Voracek didn't finish the game didn't miss any time. Havlat didn't finish the game, but everyone forgets he returned the next game before amazingly getting caught again with his head down this time in the neutral zone and getting hammered by Brad Stuart. You can call him lucky but, it is worth noting he doesn't have a really big injury, maybe the Ryan Malone hit in the playoffs, but they have never released when he broke his jaw. He also dislocated Clowe's shoulder after he called him out and said he wanted to jump him he still crunched him and didn't do anything close to illegal. But like I said for all the anger over most of these hits these guys don't wind up with the injuries people claim when these threads come up. He is suspension free and surprisingly given the anger doesn't have a long list of injuries caused. Part of the reason these issues die pretty quickly with the other team though is this, funny how Kronwall hits never carry over, usually because the guy he hits says it was a clean play or they are still healthy and outside of the moment most can take them for what they are as very physically sound hockey plays.

By the way when Kronwall is the victim of unfortunate hits even the illegal ones he turns the cheek, it isn't like he plays by different rules than he keeps for himself. He complemented Koivu for knocking him on his *** and winning a game last year. When he got his knee blown out by George Laraque, he just said it was an unfortunate play when it got a kneeing suspension and was dirty.

He makes thundering hits at the offensive blueline and everyone should know that by now. He doesn't have a record because he does enough to keep it within the rulebook. I understand people not liking him, that point is fine and I see why it happens despite some Wings fans not seeing it.

The only single time I was disappointed with him for not answering the bell was the Kesler hit. A lot of times the guys coming aren't worth trading with and aren't the guy he hit. In that particular case Kesler is a good enough player to trade off the ice with and it was while still legal one of his more boarderline moments. He also isn't a good fighter at all so no worries there. But he has no obligation to fight on clean checks, just thought for once the actual guy came and wanted an answer himself and was good enough to consider it.

For the record this back check came after the head shot rules. That is what he has developed to keep out of the danger zone for a lot of them. In the highlight the hit on the Preds guy was a penalty and I remember it being a before rule 48 hit, I am pretty sure you can see the ref raise his arm as well.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:16 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Kronwall is a cheapshot artist, opportunist, high hitter.
Nope, he is a low hitter lol.

He would definitely not do less damage in any of those hits if he hit like 5 or 10 or 15 inches lower. The talk about Kronwalls hit is just so irrelevant and incoherrant. You want his hits to be illigal? Well go ahead and say that hard hits in hockey should be banned. Its a free world.

You also talk about opportunist, and I think I get what I mean but I can't agree there either. I personally definitely feel that many hits -- that are legal -- aren't right because you have a player out there on the ice looking to find a player in a unfortunate situation and then hurts him. The game is so fast nowadays that you can't protect yourself in every situation and I do think players should show each other respect beyond the rules. BUT, if there is something called a hockey hit in this sport, a hit that is really cared for, its forwards finnishing their checks on D's and D's hitting forwards who skates N-S with the puck up ice. I definitely wouldn't call a D who hits a forward who goes N-S with the puck for a opertunist. For me a opertunist is a player who hits a player who is tangled up along the boards with another player fighting for a bouncing puck or whatever.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:21 AM
johan f

I don't see the problem with his hits. They don't happen that often either. It has gone out of proportion this ******** campaign.

johan f is offline   Reply With Quote