HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Getting Kronwalled

Old
02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Oni

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbwingsfan View Post
Except exploding upwards in a hit is not illegal if your feet are still on the ice and the primary point of contact is not the head, which is cannot be in the majority of his hits since he turns his back into the hits.
Did you read the last line of my post?

Once we recognize he is in the motion of jumping, of course he is leaving the ice early sometimes. You can't time that perfectly everytime.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:37 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Did you read the last line of my post?

Once we recognize he is in the motion of jumping, of course he is leaving the ice early sometimes. You can't time that perfectly everytime.
Except he is in the vast majority of his hits, save maybe one or two (Nashville hit for sure, Kesler is still debatable). Every other hit has been slowed down to show every frame and has shown that Kronwall is still on is feet when the hit is first made.

Clearly the NHL agrees.

You may not like it, but there is nothing stating that extending your knees for an upward hit that is not to the head is a suspendable hit.

nbwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
ukrleaf

It's funny when somebody whines about not fighting and not following the code when every team has players like that, it's not the 80s anymore. Otherwise every hit would result in a fight because people clearly imply a fight should break even after a clean hit

ukrleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:53 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
I'm not going to continue this argument until you show me video evidence. Because anyone can make a claim without backing it up.

Something you have continued to do.
Brad Marchant does a Ballard here and gets 5 games for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-O-uRuKyY

Clean hit by Colby Armstrong on Patrick Eaves. Not even close to leaving the feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFp2dlMrv0c

Clean hit by Armstrong on MA Bersheron. Cleaner then any Kronwall hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9Jc_K9AXs

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
DatsyukianDeke
Dangle Dangle

Funny that the majority of people whining in this thread about Kronwall are the ones who have witnessed one of there players get kronwalled. All clean hits, learn to keep your head up.. Hockey 101.

DatsyukianDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:03 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Brad Marchant does a Ballard here and gets 5 games for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-O-uRuKyY

Clean hit by Colby Armstrong on Patrick Eaves. Not even close to leaving the feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFp2dlMrv0c

Clean hit by Armstrong on MA Bersheron. Cleaner then any Kronwall hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9Jc_K9AXs
I already explained to you Marchands. Ive known Brad since he was 16, we used to hangout when he was in Moncton, so I am as far from biased as you can get. That was a very dirty hit. It was a clear retribution on Salo for the hit he laid on him earlier which was the biggest reason for the suspension. Add that to the fact that Marchand got him below the knees and there's your 5 games.

That first hit by Colby was a hit to the head, and if im not mistaken, that was NOT a suspension.

The second hit I KNOW that was not a suspension..

So why did you link me to two hits that were NOT suspensions in an attempt to prove that the NHL was trying to make Armstrong change his game....?

Old
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Soderberg

some of his hits are questionable imo

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if Kronwall did the whole turn the back hit and jump but the other guy was ready for him and just drove all his weight and moment through his shoulder straight into Kronwall's spine. Legs and head going one way, spine going the other.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Ryp37

Kronwall is the man he times his hits perfectly, all of them are guys occupied receiving the puck

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:17 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Except here is the major flaw in your argument.. Kronwall's hits are not dirty.

Proven by him never even having a fine in his NHL career..

And im sorry to inform you, but Shanny and NHL officials know more about hockey than you do.
ground control to major tom:

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Ryp37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
ground control to major tom:
great hit

Old
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Oni

Quote:
He didnt leave his feet before contact, this is one of those hits that people slowed down and reviewed the frames and saw kronwall still had his feet on the ice.

Exploding upwards =/= jumping.

Clearly the NHL agrees that Kronwalls hits are clean.

Sorry you disagree and seem to think you know more than them, truly feel sorry.
This is bogus now.

So we have covered that clearly the guy is launching himself before these hits. Someone did a great job showing the knees bent, straightening, and launching on the Kesler hit.

And you are going to cling to the "but he absolutely has some part of his foot on this ice before all his hits". I'm going to go ahead and say that having the tip of your skate on the ice is not the same as having your feet on the ice. (If for nothing else than feet is plural!)

The guy doesn't see time slower than any of us do, he has to do a timing count in his head, and once we admit his is launching himself up before contact is made (which is demonstrated on almost all all of those hits) of course at least some will have air time before contact.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
Your buddy says he likes it when Kronwall makes a dirty hit and hides behind the refs. I'm not paraphrasing.

My only argument is to be consistent, he would have to appreciate when other players do the same thing to Red Wings.

well clearly his hits are legal because he hasn't been suspended yet

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:38 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:

So why did you link me to two hits that were NOT suspensions in an attempt to prove that the NHL was trying to make Armstrong change his game....?

The first was not a head shot. Not even close.

The NHL was watching Armstrong like a hawk and pounced as soon as they could to suspend him. There is always controversy surrounding his hits and and the hits of the other players I mentioned.

But Kronwall can leave his feet and just KO players in vulnerable positions all year long and the league does nothing.

Armstrong, Downey, Torres, Marchant, Ballard and Cooke have all changed their game for a reason.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
This is bogus now.

So we have covered that clearly the guy is launching himself before these hits. Someone did a great job showing the knees bent, straightening, and launching on the Kesler hit.

And you are going to cling to the "but he absolutely has some part of his foot on this ice before all his hits". I'm going to go ahead and say that having the tip of your skate on the ice is not the same as having your feet on the ice. (If for nothing else than feet is plural!)

The guy doesn't see time slower than any of us do, he has to do a timing count in his head, and once we admit his is launching himself up before contact is made (which is demonstrated on almost all all of those hits) of course at least some will have air time before contact.
You're missing the point. No where in the NHL rulebook does it say that you cannot bend your knees and launch into the hits, as long as your feet are still on the ground and the head is not targeted. This is what Kronwall does.

I am not arguing that he explodes up into the hits, I am just stating that doing so is completely within the NHL rules.

You may not like it, but that's how it is.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:
The first was not a head shot. Not even close.

The NHL was watching Armstrong like a hawk and pounced as soon as they could to suspend him. There is always controversy surrounding his hits and and the hits of the other players I mentioned.

But Kronwall can leave his feet and just KO players in vulnerable positions all year long and the league does nothing.

Armstrong, Downey, Torres, Marchant, Ballard and Cooke have all changed their game for a reason.
Again, you have STILL yet to show me a CLEAN hit that any of Cooke, Armstrong, Ballard, Torres or Marchand have laid out that still led to a suspension..? When you can do that, then I will take your comments seriously.

The hits that these players got suspended for were dirty plays, and they got suspended accordingly. Not because the NHL had some kind of agenda to force them to change their game for clean plays.

The NHL has done nothing because it is completely within the rules for Kronwall to hit a player if that player puts himself in a vulnerable position, and he hits him in a manner that is not illegal according to NHL rules.

It is not Kronwall's fault that these players do not have their head up when he is on the ice.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:45 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Kronwall is the man he times his hits perfectly, all of them are guys occupied receiving the puck
Yeah. Its called a vulnerable position.

Steve Downie hit a guy "occupied" receiving the puck. He got 20 games. And if you watch the hit, its no different then the Kronwall apologists claim that he doesn't leave his feet until after contact.

Kronwall should have got at least 10 for the hit on Havlat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322zqTkL0-c

Old
02-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:

Steve Downie hit a guy "occupied" receiving the puck. He got 20 games. And if you watch the hit, its no different then the Kronwall apologists claim that he doesn't leave his feet until after contact.

Lol those aren't even close to the same thing.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:47 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
great hit
What about this one >?

Old
02-26-2013, 08:48 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:

Is this serious..?
This was the most blatant leaving the feet hit I, or anyone, has ever seen.

Literally everyone, including analysts, officials, even flyers fans, knew a long suspension was coming after that hit.

So much different than a Kronwall hit I dont even know what to say...

Old
02-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Beer Me

Kronwall is a player I have always respected. The NHL needs more players like him. Anybody complaining about his hits arn't real hockey fans. Simple as that.

Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:50 PM
YesYesYall

Yeah, he does leave his feet on some of those if you watch them in slow motion.

YesYesYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM
nbwingsfan

Quote:
Lets also ignore the fact that the puck was no where near the player that Downie hit.

Not even close to the same hit.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:53 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
He didnt leave his feet before contact, this is one of those hits that people slowed down and reviewed the frames and saw kronwall still had his feet on the ice.

Exploding upwards =/= jumping.

Clearly the NHL agrees that Kronwalls hits are clean.

Sorry you disagree and seem to think you know more than them, truly feel sorry.
I wonder why the "Exploding upwards =/=" excuse never worked for these guys ...Armstrong, Downey, Torres, Marchant, Ballard and Cooke.

Exploding upwards That's a good one.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Ryp37

Quote:
I'd break down the difference for you but I'm guessing your trolling