HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Perry- An actual hockey trade

Old
02-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Dying Alive
Phil = 2x Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
We've had a few swing by our boards.
Then with all due respect it, it should be addressed then and there. Not in a thread where Pens fans have not only not offered Kunitz but explained exactly why trading Kunitz would be a short-sighted move for the Pens and acknowledged that it's unlikely Anaheim would want him back.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Chacal667

with all the succes the ducks have this season i don't think perry will leave before the summer

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:41 AM
mwalluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
You guys do realize Perry is better than James Neal? Better than Jordan Staal? As far as third wheels on offense go, it doesn't get much better than Corey Perry.

So if a guy like that is available, and he's coming EAST for sure, you better make Anaheim a good offer. So if it takes a top six winger and a defenseman to get him, so be it.

With Perry, that last top-six winger hole becomes much much less of a hole. SO yes I get it.
First off, James Neal was our 3rd wheel, not Staal.

2nd, put down the XBOX controller and turn of NHL 13. There's something called a salary cap which will be going down next year. The FOLLOWING year Malkin AND Letang's contract will EXPIRE. Perry will get upwards of 7-8 million. The Pens will not be able to afford Letang, Malkin, Perry and still fill a competitive team.

3rd, while I agree to let Bennett play, I don't trust him. He's way to green and he's not fully healthy. How will he react in the playoffs?!?!?!

4th, Kunitz has chemistry with BOTH Crosby and Malkin. He's a gritty player and has been playing really well as of late. He's the type of player we need (not saying Perry isn't).

5th, Once again, the Pens are still in the same position but with less prospects/picks/players. Still need another player.

6th, What if Perry Bolts ala Hossa? Now we're out of a pick, a couple high end prospects and a signed Kunitz.

mwalluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:54 AM
dethomas07

Gaborik+ for Perry+ Conditional pick if he resigns

dethomas07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:07 AM
bobbyflex

if Perry doesn't re-sign, my gut is telling me:

1. Canucks
2. Wings
3. Habs

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:27 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post

1. Canucks
2. Wings
3. Habs

Habs would go all in for a trade provided he did resign. They wont give up assets in the hope he will resign.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
A signed Perry.
Highly doubt you can make that kind of assumption. Unless the Ducks don't think he's worth the $'s, they'd sign him if that was an option. And not sure if a premier UFA would want to play in EDM. (Nothing against EDM.)

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:35 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
Gaborik+ for Perry+ Conditional pick if he resigns
Ducks would listen to this. If the Rangers wanted the Ducks to add more than a decent player/pick, they would pass. Gaborik is money, but he's only signed for one more year and has a high cap hit. The cap his is really the only reason I don't see it being possible, unless they make it an even larger deal. I could see Perry resigning in NY, too. A lot closer to his Ontario home.

Quote:

1. Canucks
2. Wings
3. Habs
Could see Wings, Toronto, Rangers. Couldn't see the Habs.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
NJ should have traded Parise as soon as he signed the 1 year deal. I know most Devils fans disagree with this as they think it was still possible he was gonna sign an extension but I don't. IMO his mind was made up as soon as the 1 year deal was signed. It's also debatable IMO that he was a big part of our cup run. I believe the Devils still could have gotten there without him especially if we had traded him to Minny and gotten a good return (which we probably would have).

But trading him at the deadline would have been a mistake.
If there was a J Staal type of deal available, I 100% agree with you. If we're talking about a normal "rental" type trade, the team is better of taking its chances.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Willis88

I really think the flyers will be big on trying to acquire him.

Willis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:53 AM
leugangen

Frattin, Mac, and a conditional 1st (2nd, but becomes a 1st if the Leafs make the playoffs or if Perry re-signs...if both happen, ANA gets an additional 2014 3rd round pick).

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

On Ottawa radio this morning i believe Maguire said a top prospect and a first would be likely the going rate.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalluk View Post
First off, James Neal was our 3rd wheel, not Staal.

2nd, put down the XBOX controller and turn of NHL 13. There's something called a salary cap which will be going down next year. The FOLLOWING year Malkin AND Letang's contract will EXPIRE. Perry will get upwards of 7-8 million. The Pens will not be able to afford Letang, Malkin, Perry and still fill a competitive team.

3rd, while I agree to let Bennett play, I don't trust him. He's way to green and he's not fully healthy. How will he react in the playoffs?!?!?!

4th, Kunitz has chemistry with BOTH Crosby and Malkin. He's a gritty player and has been playing really well as of late. He's the type of player we need (not saying Perry isn't).

5th, Once again, the Pens are still in the same position but with less prospects/picks/players. Still need another player.

6th, What if Perry Bolts ala Hossa? Now we're out of a pick, a couple high end prospects and a signed Kunitz.

The bolded part is the key to me. The Pens "model" is that they've got the two best centers in the league who make their wingers better. This allows them to get "A" type of production from "B" level talent. I don't think that Pens can afford to pay a "market" rate for Perry given what's they've already got tied up in Crosby & Malkin. And even if they could afford it, they'd be a hell of a lot better off having 2 x $4M wingers than 1x $7.5-8M winger in Perry.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Slatsmsg

I definitely see Perry moving by the trade deadline regardless of how Anaheim is playing.

As for value, I think Maguire is on glue, a prospect and a first? 50 goal scorer, darn near a hundred points two season ago? Oh yah, he's a UFA after the season!!!

Whoever trades for him will receive permission to talk to his agent before a trade is consummated and see if their is a deal to be made. Why would the Ducks allow this? Because it raises his trade value.

If the trading team is able to strike a tentative deal with Perry and his agent, a 50 goal scorer, 27 years old....look what Gary Leeman got Toronto!!!! (i know, its a different landscape but cmon).

I don't think the Ducks move him in the West unless there is a stupendous deal to be had. More likely East...Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto IMO. Deal will be a very good roster player, good prospect and a 1rst.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:07 AM
CAMSANITY

As much as I will get flamed for this, I think that if the Blue Jackets wanted to get Perry they have the parts to do it and this year would be the year to do it. They have the cap space, the picks, and the prospects to pull it off. It could be a huge step in the future of this team. With the prospect of pairing him with MacKinnon on a top line that could be a potent tandem for years to come. Adding Perry could make the Jackets a good team and with the possibility of moving to the East I think this would be a great first move for the new GM.

CAMSANITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Ducks would listen to this. If the Rangers wanted the Ducks to add more than a decent player/pick, they would pass. Gaborik is money, but he's only signed for one more year and has a high cap hit. The cap his is really the only reason I don't see it being possible, unless they make it an even larger deal. I could see Perry resigning in NY, too. A lot closer to his Ontario home.

Could see Wings, Toronto, Rangers. Couldn't see the Habs.
Totally agree, Rangers are usually in on everything, always looking for a stud..

I think the way NYR plays, Perry would be a better fit then Gabs, but at least the ducks get something good back to take his place for the second part of the year and into next if Perry wants out or discussions aren't going well..

Sather would be looking for perry+ conditional pick if he resigns (3rd) for Gaborik, prospect and a 2nd or 3rd pick...

Ducks are never in a cap situation like the Rangers are so i think they can take 7.5 hit without a problem.. also if theyr'e looking to resign both perry and getzs they will easily command 7m+ cap hit/yr

dethomas07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
I definitely see Perry moving by the trade deadline regardless of how Anaheim is playing.

As for value, I think Maguire is on glue, a prospect and a first? 50 goal scorer, darn near a hundred points two season ago? Oh yah, he's a UFA after the season!!!

Whoever trades for him will receive permission to talk to his agent before a trade is consummated and see if their is a deal to be made. Why would the Ducks allow this? Because it raises his trade value.

If the trading team is able to strike a tentative deal with Perry and his agent, a 50 goal scorer, 27 years old....look what Gary Leeman got Toronto!!!! (i know, its a different landscape but cmon).

I don't think the Ducks move him in the West unless there is a stupendous deal to be had. More likely East...Boston, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto IMO. Deal will be a very good roster player, good prospect and a 1rst.
not sure why he would say it but it sounded like he had discussed it with people.
Maybe he was assuming no sign and trade or agreement in advance - not sure there was some discussion there but i missed some of it. if anyone else heard they can clarify.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post

Id give you Michalek, Puempel and a 1st.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:14 AM
ColdSteel2

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMSANITY View Post
As much as I will get flamed for this, I think that if the Blue Jackets wanted to get Perry they have the parts to do it and this year would be the year to do it. They have the cap space, the picks, and the prospects to pull it off. It could be a huge step in the future of this team. With the prospect of pairing him with MacKinnon on a top line that could be a potent tandem for years to come. Adding Perry could make the Jackets a good team and with the possibility of moving to the East I think this would be a great first move for the new GM.
I think it is a great idea and I have thought the same thing about Perry.

-Brings him a lot closer to home but not too close, also brings him to the East
-They can pay him what he wants
-Need wingers, also need a new star

The question is what do they give up. I think Anisimov would be a piece of interest to the Ducks, gives them a young, solid 2nd line center. Beyond that though, I wouldn't give up much else as the Jackets. They just don't have a lot to give and there is the risk Perry doesn't resign.

ColdSteel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Lukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
A signed Perry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Highly doubt you can make that kind of assumption. Unless the Ducks don't think he's worth the $'s, they'd sign him if that was an option. And not sure if a premier UFA would want to play in EDM. (Nothing against EDM.)
See post #156 for the meaning of a signed player in this situation.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

I could see him ending up in Ottawa. Murray drafted him originally and has a history of bringing players back to his organization that he has drafted before.

With that in mind everyone and their sister is going to be after him. The price will not be cheap. The contract will be big.

Ottawa has the cap space and the assets to get a deal done. If McGuire is right I can see Zibanejad + 1st 2013 going Anaheim's way. If the price is higher I can see that as a starting point.

Deals could look like:

Zibanejad + 1st 2013
Zibanejad + Puempel/Stone/Noesen + 1st 2013

That's what I'd guess anyway. Here's hoping we finally get another elite forward to play with Spezza again.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
I think that if Ottowa was healthy they would pony up for Perry. They are not gonna pay huge when they don't have karlsson or Cowen this year.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Northbad

It's hard to imagine how Vancouver could be hated even more by opposing fans.

Getting Perry would pretty much do it, so I'm all for it.

Northbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd prefer to keep Eller but your point stands.
So would I but between Therrien not really using him (until recently) and Anaheim's need for a center. I cannot see him not involved.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

1. Canucks
2. Wings
3. Habs
I think it might be more like