HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Thread II (6/30, 3PM EDT)

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I'd do that all day. What I think its going to come down to are those few teams in the top 10 that really need D. If just two teams select a Dman in the top 8 that means someone like Shinkaruk could potentially slip through the cracks. Really I think the only way ill be super disappointed is if we end up selecting a Dman with our first pick(unless we DO end up trading Murray for MacK then why not). We desperately need to stock up our winger pool though. Depending on how the pieces fall you might see them trade for somebody maybe like Silvferberg or Zibanjedad. And established NHL ready prospect or first or second year player who still has lots of room to grow, with the proper moulding. Yes you pay more, but your cutting down the time your investment/player is ready.
Yes please.

Anyone got an idea what that might cost? A first plus what?

I post, therefore I am.
Old
05-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

ok SL...how about this...what about doing both?

Murray for MacK

and then 14+ for 8 and taking Nurse?

Old
05-03-2013, 08:38 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post

Murray for MacK

SL worships Murray and he just said he's not big on Nurse. I can't see him being happy to read your proposal.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
SL worships Murray and he just said he's not big on Nurse. I can't see him being happy to read your proposal.
I don't imagine he'll be all that thrilled by your characterization of an opinion he's formed by actually viewing Murray play numerous times as "worship," either.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the cbjprospects guy and i were sitting around discussing things and he's pretty high on Nurse...so thus I posted it...

Old
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
We desperately need to stock up our winger pool though. Depending on how the pieces fall you might see them trade for somebody maybe like Silvferberg or Zibanjedad. And established NHL ready prospect or first or second year player who still has lots of room to grow, with the proper moulding. Yes you pay more, but your cutting down the time your investment/player is ready.
I can't see us needing Silfverberg or Zibanejad more than the Sens do. And we have young wingers already on our stacked roster, so is development time really an issue?

Old
05-03-2013, 09:20 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I don't imagine he'll be all that thrilled by your characterization of an opinion he's formed by actually viewing Murray play numerous times as "worship," either.
Yeah, there's multiple ways to take that. I just mean "worship" as an extreme liking, not as a perjorative implying irrationality or belief in the supernatural.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post

Murray for MacK

Would never happen, nor would I see reason to attempt it. We could stand pat and still have a guy like Shinkaruk fall to us, who could end up being as productive as MacKinnon in the NHL - there are just more question marks with Shinkaruk. May as well keep the better defenseman (Murray) and retain more assets.

Quote:
Worship is a very strong word. More like having a level of respect for a guy who has captained his team for three years, and is the best prospect this team has had on defense since a guy named Klesla.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:42 PM
OldGoaltender

I don't want to trade Murray, you can't have enough blue chippers on our roster. A goalies best friend is a defenseman he can count on. What I would like to see is trade a guy like Nikitin and our first to get Hunter. We need wingers.

Old
05-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Panda Bear

Curious question from an incoming Oilers fan!

Everyone in Edmonton has a big crush on Curtis Lazar, but we recognize that our 7th overall could be put to better use. What would a realistic package be for your 14th overall?

Would thinking with Ales Hemsky be in the right direction, or am I off the pulse with what you guys are looking for to next season?

Old
05-04-2013, 04:07 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I can't see us needing Silfverberg or Zibanejad more than the Sens do. And we have young wingers already on our stacked roster, so is development time really an issue?
We have 2 young wingers. Somebody will need to fill umbergers hole, somebody will need to fill prospals hole, There may not be a hole this year but its better to be ready. We made not need them more, but that doesnt mean we dont need them. We have a lack of wingers actually. The price to get them would probably be more than we would be willing to pay, but that would give us a REALLY solid top 6 for a long time(depending on who we give up)

Old
05-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Misfire Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post

Everyone in Edmonton has a big crush on Curtis Lazar, but we recognize that our 7th overall could be put to better use. What would a realistic package be for your 14th overall?

Would thinking with Ales Hemsky be in the right direction, or am I off the pulse with what you guys are looking for to next season?
Trade down to 14th?

Old
05-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

I can only see Jarmo trading you the 14th if it's part of a package to move up. I don't see him moving the best of our three first-rounders and ending up with only lower and fewer picks. So...

Depending on where our LA and NYR picks end up, if you thought you could get Lazar at on of those, I could see Jarmo entertaining an offer. Personally, I'm not interested in Hemsky, but whatevs.

Or, I could see asking you what Jarmo would have to add to the 14th to swap with your 7th.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:

Only way the 14th moves for a roster player is as part of a package for one of the big 4.

05-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:

Haven't read the other posts yet but **WARNING** it may get ugly with the mention of Hemsky. There has been multiple years of discussion with EDM and CBJ around Hemsky. Typically it comes across as EDM saying "you need him he's awesome" and CBJ saying "Hemsky is an injury waiting to happen and we aren't interested".

As for the thought you proposed... No thank you. CBJ isn't likely to trade their 1st unless it's to move up in the draft or a young, longer term piece (think of a deal where EDM would consider moving one of the big 4 forwards to the CBJ and the #14 being a part of the package)

Now I'm going to start rumors of Eberle and PRV for #14 and Tyutin.

Old
05-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Xoggz22

Anyone have thoughts on Neidereiter (spelling?) from the Isles? He played well in the AHL this year and appears to be a big kid with top 6 potential. He looks to be NHL ready and would potentially fit the mold of what we may be looking for....

Just a thought.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:05 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Anyone have thoughts on Neidereiter (spelling?) from the Isles? He played well in the AHL this year and appears to be a big kid with top 6 potential. He looks to be NHL ready and would potentially fit the mold of what we may be looking for....

Just a thought.
Well Isles and Jackets are div. rivals from now on.

IMO Isles shouldn't trade Nino now as his value isn't very high. The kid does have ton of talent. Really good against Sweden. I'd like to have him though, big PF with a mean streak.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Dr Quincy

Hey all, an outside voice coming in here.

I've been checking out a lot of teams' draft threads and some things I've noticed you might be interested in:

1) Carolina fans are saying they won't take Nichushkin and that the front office is sold on Monahan. He'll be the pick they say.
2) Calgary fans say they will take whichever of Monahan/Lindholm Carolina doesn't take.
3) EDM wants Monahan because they feel like they need a big #2 NHL ready center. While every team below them thinks they should take a D, EDM fans say that no D is NHL ready nor will be for a couple years. A big, defensive center would be ready.
4) If the draft goes like that, Buffalo will probably take Nurse or Nichushkin
5) NJ wants a F bad, because like you their prospect pool has a lot of D.

Basically every fan pool between 6 and where you are, are hoping that the teams above them all pass on Fs to take D and are concocting scenarios where a guy like Linholdm or Monahan drops to 8, or 9 or 10, etc.

Also, every team below 5 and where you are thinks they can move up to 4-7 by offering either a package of lower picks or players.

So basically, it seems like everyone wants to buy high picks, but nobody is selling. And everyone wants the forwards to fall, but all say that x and y forwards won't get past their team.

I think the bluejackets will have some good F to choose from at 14: Wennberg, Zykov, Domi, Gauthier, Mantha. But I wouldn't expect any guys like Monahan, Lindholm or even Shinkaruk to be there. The wild card of course is Nichshukin. Does he fall as far as you? I don't think so but it's a possibility.

Old
05-04-2013, 12:27 PM
jacketman10

I haven't gotten too wrapped up in the draft yet. I did watch some videos last night. I would take Zykov with our pick. My position will probably change a few times but for now it is Valentin. Fast, skilled and defensively sound winger.

Old
05-04-2013, 02:06 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post

Just a thought.
I definitely want Neiderreiter, and I'd do a late first for him.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Well, the Kings and rangers are both down 2-0 in their series now. If that continues to play out, looks like all 3 of our picks would be relatively close. That would sit all 3 picks between 14-22.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Well, the Kings and rangers are both down 2-0 in their series now. If that continues to play out, looks like all 3 of our picks would be relatively close. That would sit all 3 picks between 14-22.
Beautiful. I want 3 forwards with high offensive upside.

Old
05-04-2013, 04:38 PM
jacketman10

Hopefully that all comes to fruition. The higher the picks the better chance that we can get a combo of the guys that I want. Wennberg, Zykov, Domi, Mantha, Hartman, Gauthier, Lazar.

Old
05-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Beautiful. I want 3 forwards with high offensive upside.
Well, it sort of looks like there may be at least 2 upsets in the 1st round if I were to guess. If that happens, the picks would actually then be between 14-20. The NYR pick would be mid way in between if I were to guess.

Old
05-04-2013, 06:31 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Well, it sort of looks like there may be at least 2 upsets in the 1st round if I were to guess. If that happens, the picks would actually then be between 14-20. The NYR pick would be mid way in between if I were to guess.

This still confuses me but I think unless teams below the Rangers and Kings somehow advance to the final 4 we're stuck at 14,19 &22. Am I right that the results of the first round don't really matter to us other than it would prevent Rangers & Kings from making the final 4?

Closed Thread