HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Canucks and a team from the East?

Old
02-28-2013, 12:56 AM
donut
#11forever

vCash: 20010
Canucks and a team from the East?

With Kesler now out and Bieksa injured, maybe throw back out there the talk of VAN-WSH making a deal? Centered around Luongo+ for Johannson+Carlson+

MG did have interest in Carlson before he traded Hodgson and before we signed Garrison but with Bieksa injured, what other right-handed D-men do we have besides Tanev... And I despite Holtby getting the contract extension, I think WSH would still like having a solid goalie between the pipes (as well as a good mentor for Holtby).

For sure the deal won't be just Luongo for Johannson+Carlson but I think that would be a good start to a potential trade. Anything is possible as this point for these two clubs.

This is my proposal NOT trade rumor:

Luongo+Corrado+2nd(2013)+3rd(2014) (edit:Switched Sauve to Corrado)

for

Carlson+Johannson+Neuvirth+Conditional Pick (1st(2013) if WSH makes playoff, 3rd (2013) if they don't).

Last edited by donut: 02-28-2013 at 01:05 AM.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:04 AM
medicinehattigers4

vCash: 500
This is a pretty easy no from the Caps. As much as I would like Carlson I dont think Luongo and Sauve will get it done. Let alone have them throw in Johannson, Neuvirth and a 1st or 3rd. Tanev and Corrado are the only defenders I think the Caps would be interested in and I am not a fan of moving either at this point.

medicinehattigers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:04 AM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
The Caps aren't moving Carlson.

K2B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Well that has us royally ripping of Washington.

Schneider+ for Carlson + Johansson seems more doable from my perspective.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:08 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Remember when the Caps traded away Varlamov when they had Neuvirth and Holtby? That means, the Caps are happy with their goaltending situation. Neuvirth is good enough to take this team to the playoffs, why do they need to trade for Lou?

Not to mention this is horrible value for the Caps. Why would they trade their young, #1 defenseman, and one of their most promising forwards just to upgrade their goalie situation?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Remember when the Caps traded away Varlamov when they had Neuvirth and Holtby? That means, the Caps are happy with their goaltending situation. Neuvirth is good enough to take this team to the playoffs, why do they need to trade for Lou?

Not to mention this is horrible value for the Caps. Why would they trade their young, #1 defenseman, and one of their most promising forwards just to upgrade their goalie situation?
It means they tried something that doesn't seem to be working guarantee Leonsis is not "happy" with his goaltending.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:29 AM
McVespa99

He also would not be happy with an aging goalie with a bloated contract. I just dont see the Nucks getting much for Loooooo with that insane contract and the cap going down.

McVespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:31 AM
nmbr_24

The Caps don't need a goaltender. They especially don't need one at the expense of their best young D and they certainly wouldn't add to Carlson to get something they don't need.

If they were to trade Carlson, and there has been at least one small rumor that went unnoticed by most, they would probably want high character players in return that were also young and talented, if you came up with that, you might have a chance. At least one D has to be coming back. The rumor was that they were willing to do a 2 for 1 with Carlson as long as they got 2 good players in return.

I Don't have a link, the rumor was on this board, if you want to find it search for yourself.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Honour Over Glory

Caps and Canucks don't make a good trading partner here. They are happy with their young goaltending and know they need to play better, but giving that all up when they have a lot of work to do and getting Schnieder or Luongo makes no sense. If they were a bubble team like 8-9th, sure, but they're tied for last. If the Caps were to make a trade for a goaltender, they'd likely do it in the off season.

And Caps wouldn't move Carlson. They're high on the kid, they'd move Mike Green before they ever moved him.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:36 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post

They just re-signed Holtby and I think he is the #1 golatender there.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:37 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
It means they tried something that doesn't seem to be working guarantee Leonsis is not "happy" with his goaltending.
I think you couldn't be more wrong, goaltending is the only thing they are happy with.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:43 AM
Honour Over Glory

I'd say Pens would offer Niskanen + Jeffrey, but I don't like the options for the guys the Canucks would give up. Doesn't help the Pens right now.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:58 AM
JuniorNelson

Exhaustive search has revealed no Vancouver rumours. Extensive research has uncovered no trading partner.

Gillis needs the type of players every team needs. This is something that should have been addressed in the offseason. Gillis knows this and only does deals in the offseason. This sort of fux the nux for this year, but 2010 was a much better team, they didn't get management support at the deadline. Gillis and Vignault are still here.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Johansson might be on the market, but I don't think the team management wants to deal Carlson (or much out of the rest of the core, for that matter). It sounds like they expect the team to continue playing its way out of its early-season funk.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:23 AM
glenbuis

Vancouver will have Lou forever if they continue to think there gonna get that kind of a return. The guy might have a good year or two left and that contract. Gillis may have made a huge mistake already by not taking one of the offers he already got. Thinking your gonna get someone like Carlsson for him straight up is a joke.

glenbuis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:01 AM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I think you couldn't be more wrong, goaltending is the only thing they are happy with.
wow....you think they're happy with they're goaltending performance you couldn't be more wrong , Washington isn't a last place team and goaltending and Ovie's slow start are the no 1 reasons why they're currently in the position they're in.

JayBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
HockeyTS32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeautiful View Post
wow....you think they're happy with they're goaltending performance you couldn't be more wrong , Washington isn't a last place team and goaltending and Ovie's slow start are the no 1 reasons why they're currently in the position they're in.

WOW...YOU couldn't be more wrong with regards to blaming the goaltending as to why they have had a bad season...As a caps fan (who watches every game I can and have played hockey since I was 5 at pretty competitive levels) most of the blame would have to be on the caps learning a new system, as well as defensive break downs. Most of the goals against have NOT been the goaltenders fault IMO. Most of the goals against have been on the PK or defensive break downs (For example, leaving a guy wide open in front of the net or forwards not covering their points, etc.)

I would also like to point out that a main reason the caps are where they are currently, is because they lack depth at wing. They do not have a bona fide goal scorer for their second line.

These are the main reasons why the caps are in the position they are in...Before you start blaming the goaltending, please first watch more than 5-10 caps games this season, and don't listen to our bandwaggon fans that know little about the game and always blame the goalies.

HockeyTS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Well that has us royally ripping of Washington.

Schneider+ for Carlson + Johansson seems more doable from my perspective.
Of course it's more doable from your perspective, because it is a landslide win for the nucks. Carlson has more value than Schneider, never mind adding a young up-and-coming talented C.

Washington just resigned Holtby... Nev isn't to shabby either. The Caps are jsut having an off year, they don't need to trade for your goalies when they have two capable options in their organization already... And they most certainly don't need to overpay for similar goaltending options.. (Schneider... not Lou.)

..... That "+" better be referring to 2013 1st, Jensen, and Kassian.

The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Epimetheus

I would absolutely love to steal a couple of players from Caps but i doubt they think the same way

Epimetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Alflives*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
I would absolutely love to steal a couple of players from Caps but i doubt they think the same way
Agreed. Carlson is something the Canucks don't have, and would cost a lot more than Luongo or Schneider.

Alflives* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
I disagree. I'm sure Washington would love to make a trade, with us or anyone, where they come out as ahead as we do in this proposal.

Something around Johansson+ could work for me, but I think Carlson is about as hard to justify moving as almost anyone else on the Caps roster. Listening to Capitals fans however, it's not a goaltending problem, its a the whole team (sound familiar Canucks fans...?).

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:38 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutLee View Post
With Kesler now out and Bieksa injured, maybe throw back out there the talk of VAN-WSH making a deal? Centered around Luongo+ for Johannson+Carlson+

MG did have interest in Carlson before he traded Hodgson and before we signed Garrison but with Bieksa injured, what other right-handed D-men do we have besides Tanev... And I despite Holtby getting the contract extension, I think WSH would still like having a solid goalie between the pipes (as well as a good mentor for Holtby).

For sure the deal won't be just Luongo for Johannson+Carlson but I think that would be a good start to a potential trade. Anything is possible as this point for these two clubs.

This is my proposal NOT trade rumor:

Luongo+Corrado+2nd(2013)+3rd(2014) (edit:Switched Sauve to Corrado)

for

Carlson+Johannson+Neuvirth+Conditional Pick (1st(2013) if WSH makes playoff, 3rd (2013) if they don't).

Pretty bad offer for the Caps.

02-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
The Caps don't need a goaltender. They especially don't need one at the expense of their best young D and they certainly wouldn't add to Carlson to get something they don't need.

If they were to trade Carlson, and there has been at least one small rumor that went unnoticed by most, they would probably want high character players in return that were also young and talented, if you came up with that, you might have a chance. At least one D has to be coming back. The rumor was that they were willing to do a 2 for 1 with Carlson as long as they got 2 good players in return.

I Don't have a link, the rumor was on this board, if you want to find it search for yourself.
How about deal based around Carlson and Couturier? He seems to fit your description there.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:15 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Carlson isn't going to Vancouver unless Edler, a healthy Kesler, Schneider, or Burrows++ is coming back. Why can't Vancouver fans get that through their heads? Carlson would fetch more than the original proposal alone. Let alone adding Johansson, Neuvirth and a 1st.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Tretiak 20

The Caps are just as deficient in RHDs as the Nucks. If they trade Carlson, Green is their only RHD. I doubt the Caps would trade any of their D.

IF the Caps were looking at a vet goalie to mentor and split duties with Holtby, I'd look to get something done around Luongo + pick/prospect for Beagle + Johansson/Forsberg + cap dump (Poti/Hamrlik?).

Tretiak 20 is offline   Reply With Quote