2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
thepootamis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Worth noting that this is nothing more than rumor. It'll become an accepted fact on this board because that's how things work, but it's not. It all started with a thread some guy posted claiming he heard McKenzie say it on TSN, as though that's somehow gospel.
not to be a jerk or anything but you must be a Ducks fan by the way you are defending them

Old
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB624 View Post
Why are people so eager to give up Subban? I would make him untouchable at this point. At minimum he 4 years from NHL back up and probably 6 from every game starter. Let him develop in your system first and see what your goalie situation is in 2017.I think goalies are like young pitchers don't trade them unless blown away by offer.
Becuase everybody was upset we did not draft our 10th future bottom D pairing guy, we have Warsofsky, Bartowski, Krug, McQuaid, Trottman, and many more but people still wanted to add bottom pairing guys, so they were mad at the Subban pick.

They are not as attached to Subban as they are to the other high value prospects they get to see do well in providence and Koko is tearing up the OHL.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Your not here to do much of that either.

I bolded and highlighted your two statements...you contradicted yourself.

I don't have to reread anything, it's right there for you to read for yourself.
I was just making two points. To me the definition of a watching other teams play is sitting there and watching both team's ply for at least two periods and not just quickly tunning in for a few seconds and out.

I did watch other team's in the past not anymore. Remember i said i was casually a NJ devils fan first in the past. My apologies i should have clarified my statement more. My bad. I mostly watch Bruins games now 98% of the time.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Can you point to any precedence for this?
I cannot, and don't have the time to check honestly.

That was just the rumor that was out there, or perhaps the feeling being discussed by notables like Dreger and BobbyMac, that if Perry was saying he wouldn't re-ink they would move him. Makes sense, hard to lose an asset like that for absolutely nothing.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
There's only 3 teams who have played like contenders in the West. Chicago, Anaheim and LA. Everyone else is +3 in goal differential or worse. Contrast that with the East where there's SEVEN teams +5 or better.

But really the teams that strike me as contenders in both conferences based on the way they've started the season: Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, LA, Montreal.
I agree.looks like the wings are starting too fade.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Becuase everybody was upset we did not draft our 10th future bottom D pairing guy, we have Warsofsky, Bartowski, Krug, McQuaid, Trottman, and many more but people still wanted to add bottom pairing guys, so they were mad at the Subban pick.

They are not as attached to Subban as they are to the other high value prospects they get to see do well in providence and Koko is tearing up the OHL.
I think it also is due to the fact that he is so far out. Svedberg appears to be a quality prospect, Volden has played well and we've heard very good things about Gothberg for Kirk and the like. None have the upside of Subban but the fact that that upside is likely 5+ years away from realization (if ever) it makes him an easier prospect to part with.

I'm in the group that would give him up before Spooner or Koko but I'd also give up Caron or Knight before those two as well. That said who knows what the Club views as the pecking order.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
See what I already wrote. Also its Ketch not Kretch haha
Ha ha. My bad. i saw the David Krejci avi and got the name all mixed up.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepootamis View Post
not to be a jerk or anything but you must be a Ducks fan by the way you are defending them
I'm defending logic and common sense.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I cannot, and don't have the time to check honestly.

That was just the rumor that was out there, or perhaps the feeling being discussed by notables like Dreger and BobbyMac, that if Perry was saying he wouldn't re-ink they would move him. Makes sense, hard to lose an asset like that for absolutely nothing.
I'm sure they're pissed at the prospect of losing him for nothing, but I can't imagine any business can afford to throw money out the window in the form of potential playoff gates (and who knows what quantifiable PR backlash) just to recoup a few future assets.

Guess we will see anyway.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Are there any rumors involving the Bruins? I've read about the Carlson one here, any others?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
I think it also is due to the fact that he is so far out. Svedberg appears to be a quality prospect, Volden has played well and we've heard very good things about Gothberg for Kirk and the like. None have the upside of Subban but the fact that that upside is likely 5+ years away from realization (if ever) it makes him an easier prospect to part with.

I'm in the group that would give him up before Spooner or Koko but I'd also give up Caron or Knight before those two as well. That said who knows what the Club views as the pecking order.
I disagree. I rather move spooner than Subban. disclaimer subban is my third favorite bruin but this has nothing to do with it. Ok maybe a little bit, but spooner has no place on this team.

His natural position is at center and that is full. Seguin is not being moved. neither is Bergy or Krejci. Claude doesn't even like playing Seguin at center so what makes you think he play spooner at center. Even if spooner can play center, he needs time too develop. I Rather keep subban and move Spooner.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
As long as he isn't too expensive to acquire and he re-signs in Boston, I'd be 100% for that!

Thanks.
no problem i would keep looking on the computer alot of people are expecting a deal in the coming days for someone

Old
03-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I'm sure they're pissed at the prospect of losing him for nothing, but I can't imagine any business can afford to throw money out the window in the form of potential playoff gates (and who knows what quantifiable PR backlash) just to recoup a few future assets.

Guess we will see anyway.
You assume they'd only do it for future assets though. Might be more palatable with actual high end players changing hands. For instance, if Boston did something around Horton UFA I know but I can't mention that other guy). If Toronto did something around Kessel. If Philly offered up something around Simmonds or Couturier, yadda yadda yadda. There are options out there for them.

Might make it an easier sell.

I'm still trying to think of something that would qualify as precedence but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation exactly like that. If Perry has even without doubt told them he will not sign there next year.

Honestly just playing devils advocate here, I tend to fall in line with your thinking here bp that such a move is far fetched. Hard to completely discredit something that is being kicked around by Dreger and MacKenzie though.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
bp13

Quote:
You assume they'd only do it for future assets though. Might be more palatable with actual high end players changing hands. For instance, if Boston did something around Horton UFA I know but I can't mention that other guy). If Toronto did something around Kessel. If Philly offered up something around Simmonds or Couturier, yadda yadda yadda. There are options out there for them.

Might make it an easier sell.

I'm still trying to think of something that would qualify as precedence but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation exactly like that. If Perry has even without doubt told them he will not sign there next year.

Honestly just playing devils advocate here, I tend to fall in line with your thinking here bp that such a move is far fetched. Hard to completely discredit something that is being kicked around by Dreger and MacKenzie though.
The thing is, if the motivating factor for Anaheim to trade Perry is that Perry is a UFA, they won't be dealing him for another UFA, right? So a Horton+ for Perry deal seems to make little sense for Anaheim right? Using your example, I mean how short-sighted would Philly have to be to deal a young stud like Simmonds for a few months of Perry? GM's make those kinds of mistakes I suppose, but not too often. This is why I find the whole thing so far-fetched.

Even more far-fetched when you consider they're the 2nd ranked team in the entire NHL. Thankfully, because we have so many scouts on this board, we know they're just a fraud.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

So I've been thinking, Perry seems to be on the block, despite Anaheim's record (acc. to TSN and other NHL analysts). They keep saying that ANA can't afford to let Perry walk for nothing.

So would something around Perry for Horton + + work? ANA gets a 1st line player back, who they can hopefully resign for about half of what Perry will get. They can also remain a threat in the West, while building for the future.

The Bruins get an upgrade on the top line for another Cup run, but of course Chia will have to move some parts out if he wants to re-sign Perry. Chia will also be sacrificing some of the future.

Would Horton, Caron and a 1st do it?

Old
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
So I've been thinking, Perry seems to be on the block, despite Anaheim's record (acc. to TSN and other NHL analysts). They keep saying that ANA can't afford to let Perry walk for nothing.

So would something around Perry for Horton + + work? ANA gets a 1st line player back, who they can hopefully resign for about half of what Perry will get. They can also remain a threat in the West, while building for the future.

The Bruins get an upgrade on the top line for another Cup run, but of course Chia will have to move some parts out if he wants to re-sign Perry. Chia will also be sacrificing some of the future.

i would just stick with Horton. Perry is alittle bit of a upgrade over Horton but not much. Horton also you would have a better chance to resign than Perry so no

Old
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Neely08

Quote:

No. Offers from other teams alone would drive it past that in 2 phone calls.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:

I'm sure it would be; but would it make sense. I'm not going to try to argue that Horton & Perry are equal because I just can't do that. But taking into consideration team chemistry, trading Horton seems like an unlikely situation.

I think Chia has to find a move where he can keep this top 6 intact, and find someone to make the third line a threat. I don't have any idea what that is; but luckily for me (and definitely for all of you) I'm not the man that has to figure it out!!

Old
03-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

If we trade Koko....I will become Habs fan

Man, just typing that in jest makes me want to puke.

But, seriously...I really don't want to trade the kid.....I really want to have a Russian sniper in Boston.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
The thing is, if the motivating factor for Anaheim to trade Perry is that Perry is a UFA, they won't be dealing him for another UFA, right? So a Horton+ for Perry deal seems to make little sense for Anaheim right? Using your example, I mean how short-sighted would Philly have to be to deal a young stud like Simmonds for a few months of Perry? GM's make those kinds of mistakes I suppose, but not too often. This is why I find the whole thing so far-fetched.

Even more far-fetched when you consider they're the 2nd ranked team in the entire NHL. Thankfully, because we have so many scouts on this board, we know they're just a fraud.
I didn't want to put Horton there, it was code for Krejci. And I guess the assumption would be the acquiring team would get some assurances from the player that he would resign before finalizing any such move.

That in itself is a stretch and largely dependent on Perry's motivation for refusing to re-sign there in the first place. If he wants to test the market for max value then I'd assume he'll be doing that regardless of if he's traded or not.

As for the Ducks legitimacy... it's hard to say. Hardly watch enough West games to give an honest assessment but were I guessing, they do seem to be getting some gaudy numbers from guys you'd expect to come back down to earth (Koivu, Cogliano, Fasth, and Winnik for example). A side affect of the shortened season is that evaluating buyers and sellers is extremely difficult. I'm thinking for the most part we won't really know until the trade deadline is right on top of us, and even then there will most likely be fewer sellers then usual as you won't really have that separation you do with an 82 game schedule.

It's interesting to follow the Perry situation, but that's about it right now. If they did move him it wouldn't be until deadline day and that will likely preclude Boston right there as Chia tends to get his moves out of the way earlier. I doubt even Iginla or Clowe is likely honestly, the cost will be too high imo.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:25 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Horton has a NMC if I remember correctly.. he's also a UFA. Even if you could get him to waive his NMC, he's not going to get you much in a trade.. especially if who you're targeting is also a UFA.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
bp13

Quote:
I didn't want to put Horton there, it was code for Krejci. And I guess the assumption would be the acquiring team would get some assurances from the player that he would resign before finalizing any such move.

That in itself is a stretch and largely dependent on Perry's motivation for refusing to re-sign there in the first place. If he wants to test the market for max value then I'd assume he'll be doing that regardless of if he's traded or not.

As for the Ducks legitimacy... it's hard to say. Hardly watch enough West games to give an honest assessment but were I guessing, they do seem to be getting some gaudy numbers from guys you'd expect to come back down to earth (Koivu, Cogliano, Fasth, and Winnik for example). A side affect of the shortened season is that evaluating buyers and sellers is extremely difficult. I'm thinking for the most part we won't really know until the trade deadline is right on top of us, and even then there will most likely be fewer sellers then usual as you won't really have that separation you do with an 82 game schedule.

It's interesting to follow the Perry situation, but that's about it right now. If they did move him it wouldn't be until deadline day and that will likely preclude Boston right there as Chia tends to get his moves out of the way earlier. I doubt even Iginla or Clowe is likely honestly, the cost will be too high imo.
Agreed. And frankly I don't think he'll be that aggressive for a forward. I don't see a fit for a guy like Iginla or Alfredson, and he can pick up a serviceable third line forward anywhere (and I bet he will). My hope is that he's after another top 4 dman. I'd love to slide our bottom 3 down a notch and roll with that group.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:39 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Agreed. And frankly I don't think he'll be that aggressive for a forward. I don't see a fit for a guy like Iginla or Alfredson, and he can pick up a serviceable third line forward anywhere (and I bet he will). My hope is that he's after another top 4 dman. I'd love to slide our bottom 3 down a notch and roll with that group.
Yes please. I hope extension talks with Streit go poorly. Clowe and Streit would be terrific additions to this current team.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
RaybCamn

Was just reading this on a Hockey site.

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/nhl-m...-march-7-2013/

Old
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
For those who don't want to click:

- Doesn't think Alfie will be moved. He didn't move when the roster was blown up a couple years ago, probably won't ask for a trade now.
- Thinks Iginla would cost too much for the Bruins
- Ryan Clowe seems like the most likely trade target.. easiest and most affordable to acquire
-other targets: Prospal, Smyth and Morrow

Closed Thread