This is Episode 1 of the brand spanking new SensNation Podcast featuring Owen (@SensNation), Danny (@HockeyTwoTimes) and Dom (@ValleoDS). In this episode we discuss the 2013 playoffs, Daniel Alfredsson’s departure, and are joined by special guest Travis Yost (@travishehateme) from hockeybuzz.com to chat about Eugene Melnyk’s finances.
I enjoy this podcast. I have listened to most of them.. usually while mowing the lawn or doing dishes. It's like I'm talking hockey with my buddies rather than just listening to some media personalities giving the usual takes.
I would be interested in hearing some interviews of local sens-related personalities.. maybe the Sensquatch, someone from Big Rig or the Senate Tavern, the organ player, that old guy that's always on camera after a Sens goal, etc.
We should do a HFSens board podcast. No one will listen to it, but it would be fun anyways.
I would like to see an HF radio hour or livestream similar to twit.tv. While broadcasting there could also be a chat where people can troll and add to the conversation. There is plenty going on HF alone, aside from hockey, to discuss. It could even be like Digg...the on-air hosts could talk about the threads with the most hits.
I'd also like to see some HF humour - like personifying the actions that occur on a GDT. Similar to the Red vs Blue PSA:
Imagine a few of the issues we typically see during GDT but would be personified so we could see someone acting and speaking the message they post:
1. Expert predictions before the game.
2. Everyone swearing after the first goal is given up by Sens.
3. That one guy who keeps on posting asking for a stream link but the post gets buried within 2 seconds.
4. That one guy carrying on a conversation or asking a question that no one pays attention to or cares to reply.
5. Some fool residing in upstate NY criticizing Lehner saying putting him in the game would just make things worse or calling every goal he gives up as weak.
6. Experts providing their BS analysis of what went wrong and who Murray has to deal for (immediately) to remedy.
7. Post game threads going up criticizing <insert_player_name> for not showing up.