HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Kreider

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post

Hands down one of, if not, the best comparison on this board this year. Because of the expectations alone of Kreider, I think some here don't realize he is not a complete offensive player in that he can't carry a puck up the ice and constantly do it all himself like Nash can....at times. He needs a guy who can deter attention away from him, who can get him the puck in open space. A Brad Richards. I know Pyatt has two goals in the last two games, but his game is still pretty damn slow. I think you'd get a lot more out of Kreider playing with Richards. But that won't happen.
I fully believe Kreider can score 35 goals in the NHL if he has the right mixture of players on his line. People may think relying on your teammates is a slight against a player, but in reality, there are more players who fit that mold than not. Unless he has one of those lightbulb moments where everything clicks, he's probably always going to need a guy feeding him the puck.

Now, does it have to be a Malkin-type? No, but a guy with good vision is a must. Look at the goals he scored in the playoffs last year. At least two of them were a result of great passes made by Stepan. I'd like to see him get a look with Brassard or Stepan again.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:51 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think part of it is that bringing him up in last year's playoffs was a whirlwind for him - he didnt have time to think and just went out and played. His confidence seems a bit shot this season. Im not a psychologist, but it seems like hes falling into a malaise because hes not playing with better players. Its up to him to snap out of it.

Torts isnt looking to screw him. I think hes looking for Kreider to take the bull by the horns and say "Ya know what, if Im going to play 3,5,7 minutes, Im going to play like hell and its going to be the best 5 mins I can give"
Exactly my feeling too. Go out and earn it.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Torts isnt looking to screw him. I think hes looking for Kreider to take the bull by the horns and say "Ya know what, if Im going to play 3,5,7 minutes, Im going to play like hell and its going to be the best 5 mins I can give"
Completely agree. Kreider made a great play to negate an icing (and wow was he flying). The next time I saw him he was on a line with Richards.

04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
He still causes me to almost drop my drink in surprise with how he strides up the ice every so often.

It's quite horrifying, actually. I hope he never wipes out.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Fleury4ever

Richards got demoted to the third line, so why can't Kreider get a shot with him? Haven't they been working w/ CK in Hartford on his defensive assignments?

Old
04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
For those who watch closer than I do, what has been the difference for Kreider during last year's playoffs and this year's regular season? Production isn't there, but why?
I think last year, Torts just said "go do this" and Kreider did it. Now he's being asked to also do this, that and the other thing and it's too much for him right now.

But he's learning. The improvements he made at the AHL level show that he's learning. And even if he isn't getting a lot of game time, he's getting time in practice, and that will help too.

With a good offseason and a full training camp, he should be able to earn a spot next year.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
toewsintangibles

Kreider just isn't good enough for the NHL

Old
04-24-2013, 01:43 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Kreider with Stepan. Kreider with Brassard.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApKNYR View Post
I would love to see CK get some time with Zuc and Richards, I know it's two LW's but Zuc + CK's speed matches up well, plus outside of maybe Stepan, those are the two best passers on a line with a big bodied quick shot.

I know it won't happen because he won't see light in the top 6 at this point it seems, but I think on a line with both those guys could be a spark plug for him.

All he'd need to do is crash the net every play and they'd find ways to get him the puck.
Exactly. Flip him with Pyatt and he'd be really dangerous.

Old
04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
That's ridiculous. Thanks for wasting a post.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
They said that about Hagelin last year, Del Zotto 2 years ago and Stepan 3 years ago...

04-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
That's ridiculous. Thanks for wasting a post.
Certainly no waste. Look, Kreider played 3 mins last night

For Torts he's just a fill in to rest more important players. And you know where he ends up when Boyle returns, in the press box.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I fully believe Kreider can score 35 goals in the NHL if he has the right mixture of players on his line. People may think relying on your teammates is a slight against a player, but in reality, there are more players who fit that mold than not. Unless he has one of those lightbulb moments where everything clicks, he's probably always going to need a guy feeding him the puck.

Now, does it have to be a Malkin-type? No, but a guy with good vision is a must. Look at the goals he scored in the playoffs last year. At least two of them were a result of great passes made by Stepan. I'd like to see him get a look with Brassard or Stepan again.
Maybe if his linemates are generational talents

Old
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
What do you see his potential at?

04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
What do you see his potential at?
High end is probably David Booth. But I'd say he will likely become a Jason Chimera with a better shot.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:10 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

He needs to earn his time, period. Every now and then he flies up ice and makes a good play. Other times hes coasting around out of position. If he wants to play more, then go out and earn it. Engage in the game. Why should he be given a spot in the top 9? Prove yourself and good things will come.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Quote:
High end is probably David Booth. But I'd say he will likely become a Jason Chimera with a better shot.
Ironic considering David Booth scored 31 goals before he was concussed, and he did it playing with mediocre linemates. Regardless, I know where you stand on Kreider and we're very far apart. I'll leave it at that.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ironic considering David Booth scored 31 goals before he was concussed, and he did it playing with mediocre linemates. Regardless, I know where you stand on Kreider and we're very far apart. I'll leave it at that.
That year was an anomaly for Booth's career. Career high sh %. He's never been close to that.

I guess Kreids could also be a Jason Blake type. Blake/Booth good numbers on mediocre teams.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Opportunity. Its hard to produce offensively when you're playing with Asham,Powe,Boyle and Pyatt. Last night in the 2nd period,Powe has the puck in the neutral zone. Kreider is open on the left side. Powe totally ignores Kreider. Powe carries the puck into the offensive zone and dumps the puck.

Both of Kreider's goals this season came off passes by Richards. Those were the only two times they were on the ice together. Kreider and Miller played together. They added some speed and energy. Torts doesn't trust them.
Bold = again, the stupidity of the rigidly predictable Torts system. Constantly dump in, hope for an error. Zero friggin creativity.

Underline = Ditto. That's why I often advocated something like Kreider-Miller-Callahan for a speed line w/chemistry.

Italic = Torts doesn't trust them, I don't trust Torts.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:48 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
He needs to earn his time, period. Every now and then he flies up ice and makes a good play. Other times hes coasting around out of position. If he wants to play more, then go out and earn it. Engage in the game. Why should he be given a spot in the top 9? Prove yourself and good things will come.
Earn, yes, but in fairness.
Torts is not fair w/CK.

One could speculate he is keeping golden boy down to make a statement to rookies in particular and players in general that this is his team, he runs it his way.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Maybe he just needs more than 8 minutes a game with a center who can actually pass the puck. Put him with Brassard and Callahan and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30 goals.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Bold = again, the stupidity of the rigidly predictable Torts system. Constantly dump in, hope for an error. Zero friggin creativity.
Thats what Powe does. Thats not what everyone does, and thats not the system. Wake up.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:59 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Maybe he just needs more than 8 minutes a game with a center who can actually pass the puck. Put him with Brassard and Callahan and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30 goals.
He has 3 points in 20 games. He's been on the fourth line the past, what, three games? I've seen nothing to suggest that he could score 30 goals with any combination of players, not yet at least.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Earn, yes, but in fairness.
Torts is not fair w/CK.

One could speculate he is keeping golden boy down to make a statement to rookies in particular and players in general that this is his team, he runs it his way.
You can speculate anything, doesn't mean it's true or even makes sense. Nobody is keeping Kreider down but Kreider.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Kreider doesn't get more than 5 minutes on pretty much any NHL team in the league. He is not NHL caliber right now.

Closed Thread